Quantcast

» «
Photo

Watch Dogs

6,562 replies to this topic

Poll: On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs? (452 member(s) have cast votes)

On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs?

1. PC (118 votes [26.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.11%

2. Playstation 3 (55 votes [12.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.17%

3. Playstation 4 (100 votes [22.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.12%

4. Wii U (1 votes [0.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.22%

5. Xbox 360 (46 votes [10.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.18%

6. Xbox One (37 votes [8.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.19%

7. I'm not gonna buy Watch_Dogs (95 votes [21.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.02%

How would you rate Watch_Dogs?

1. 10 (18 votes [7.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.66%

2. 9 (28 votes [11.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.91%

3. 8 (58 votes [24.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.68%

4. 7 (43 votes [18.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.30%

5. 6 (31 votes [13.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.19%

6. 5 (17 votes [7.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.23%

7. 4 (6 votes [2.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.55%

8. 3 (3 votes [1.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.28%

9. 2 (9 votes [3.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.83%

10. 1 (22 votes [9.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:10 PM

That demo was amazing. I hope the full game lives up to what it shows. It definitely looks promising!

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

Meh, it looks pretty good but I want to see if this game has an open breathing world. Activities, atmosphere, free roam etc. some sh*tty mission that looks like a Deus Ex: HR reject ain't enough for me, not to mention the action scene at the end disappointed me, hoped for something complete stealthy. Yeah, it looks pretty but its going to get old fast.

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:22 PM

In a GTTV interview with Ubisoft's CEO, he confirmed that Watch Dogs is coming to PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. Also, he confirmed that the demo was running on a high-end PC. It will be interesting to see how it looks on PS3 and Xbox 360.

?

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:56 PM

I haven't bothered reading the topic, since it's already 4 pages long, so some of the stuff I say may have already been said.

First of all though, this game is looking amazing, especially for a brand new IP. I'd say it's looking like a contender to GTA's crown, but the only similiar thing seems to be the open-world setting and gameplay, but if that was the case then there would be so many other games in that category.

The graphics seems to be be the biggest discussion at the moment, but if it's true that this is for current-gen consoles, then we on't know for sure what's going to happen, whether it's going to look this good on the consoles, or it's going to be slightly downgraded so they can handle it. At the end of the day, this demo is from a high-end PC, and we already know the consoles are slightly dated. Yes, they may have some potnetial left in them that other games have yet to have found, but it just doesn't seem believeable.

The A.I is also looking amazing, but then again, that whole demo was a scripted event. Need to see some gameplay of outside of missions before I can fully comment.

It's looking to be quite a smart game, but I'm not getting hyped up till we hear of more information.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

OG

• United-States

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

I haven't been this impressed by a demo in a long time. It's looks like Deus Ex in a proper living, breathing city. While a hacking theme typically makes for a sh*tty film, e.g. Die Hard 4, it can make for some stellar gameplay. I love the idea of going around the city and hacking into people's sh*t and causing all sorts of mayhem.

Plus the shoot out at the end looked amazing. The part where he busts out the car window and yanks the dude out reminded me of Reservoir Dogs and it's just awesome.

And it's in my favorite US city! The rendition of Chicago looks like pure bliss.

Still, I'm not going to get my hopes up for this to be a proper nonlinear sandbox game, not that it needs to be. I'll be more than pleased if the final product lives up to what I just saw. The only thing that worries me is that Ubisoft is behind this. With their abominable DRM schemes on the PC, it's likely to be more potential pissed down the drain.

CorneliusCoffin
  • CorneliusCoffin

The Cof

• Members

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:47 PM

Did anyone else notice how, at the beginning of the gameplay demo, they show the car from a top-down perspective, like in the old GTA's? Can't help but think that this was done on purpose.

skillz7855
  • skillz7855

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:06 AM

Walking dog is set in another urban jungle with no variety.Its just GTA IV with enb sereis graphics to me
  • Alex64892 likes this

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (Piperka @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 02:56)
Jesus Christ those graphics!!

Hope they don't get dumbed down for PS3!

THIS

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:58 AM

This game looks f*cking incredible. I just watched the nearly 10 minute demo. It is a must buy for me. And damn, if this game, with all of its beauty, is looking like this on current gen, then who the f*ck needs Next-Gen consoles? Its best to just wait for the platforms to be confirmed.

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:12 AM

QUOTE (Capricornus @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 20:58)
This game looks f*cking incredible. I just watched the nearly 10 minute demo. It is a must buy for me. And damn, if this game, with all of its beauty, is looking like this on current gen, then who the f*ck needs Next-Gen consoles? Its best to just wait for the platforms to be confirmed.

Well, they were playing it on a high-end PC. How it will look on consoles is pretty much up in the air right now.

GreenOp
  • GreenOp

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:16 AM

This was interesting, I know EA Games is also working on an open world "GTA-killer". It's been in the works for some time.

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE (skillz7855 @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 00:06)
Walking dog is set in another urban jungle with no variety.Its just GTA IV with enb sereis graphics to me

Okay, let's clear up some things.

First, the game's name is Watch Dogs, not Walking Dogs. cool.gif
Second, why does every open-world game in a present or near-future day have to be compared to GTA? It has a very different proposal than a GTA title. You can clearly see that in the demo. Where in the hell in the GTA world you would have the option to hack the traffic lights, trapping your enemy and making his car crashes into another one, letting you the option to save some civilians or letting them die before you can kill your enemy? Never.

It looks much more obscure than Grand Theft Auto. They're two totally different titles, imo.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:42 AM Edited by AceRay, 06 June 2012 - 09:46 AM.

QUOTE (Eagles @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 15:27)
Second, why does every open-world game in a present or near-future day have to be compared to GTA? It has a very different proposal than a GTA title. You can clearly see that in the demo. Where in the hell in the GTA world you would have the option to hack the traffic lights, trapping your enemy and making his car crashes into another one, letting you the option to save some civilians or letting them die before you can kill your enemy? Never.

Normally, I'd agree with you, but look at this game. You steal cars and gun down lots of dudes in a modern city. Just having a couple of bells and whistles doesn't make it an entirely different game. Sure, it may have the illusion of being a stealth game or whatever but at its heart, Witch Bogs is just a slightly repackaged GTA.

Of course its still early days, so maybe this can pull itself around but I don't think its going to come to much, although I like being proved wrong.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:47 AM Edited by Remix, 06 June 2012 - 06:01 AM.

I've watched the trailer about 500 times now; everything about it is so awesome.

Incase you all haven't seen the slightly different gameplay that was shown off at the Ubisoft conference click here. This gameplays shows off co-op gameplay and even further suggests a big online multiplayer. It also shows off some roof-climbing parkour wow.gif .

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

OG

• United-States

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE (Remix @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 00:47)
Incase you all haven't seen the slightly different gameplay that was shown off at the Ubisoft conference click here. This gameplays shows off co-op gameplay and even further suggests a big online multiplayer. It also shows off some roof-climbing parkour wow.gif .

Thanks for sharing that. The game handles that fluidly with a gamepad?! Wow. This is the kind of true innovation, unbridled originality and meticulous attention to detail that will pave the way and set the bar high for the next generation of games. I can't wait to learn more about this game.

CorneliusCoffin
  • CorneliusCoffin

The Cof

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 05:42)
QUOTE (Eagles @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 15:27)

Normally, I'd agree with you, but look at this game. You steal cars and gun down lots of dudes in a real, modern. Just having a couple of bells and whistles doesn't make it an entirely different game. Sure, it may have the illusion of being a stealth game or whatever but at its heart, Witch Bogs is just a slightly repackaged GTA.

Of course its still early days, so maybe this can pull itself around but I don't think its going to come to much, although I like being proved wrong.

It's definitely trying to be compared to GTA, very aggressively. Again, I say, look at the very opening scenes of the gameplay demo. First you get the top down perspective like in GTA and GTA 2. Next there's a car driving through some scenery and then a train arriving at a train station, which is strongly reminiscent of the "Things will be different" trailer for GTA IV.

On a side note: Also quite at the beginning, that Aiden Pearce guy walks next to a row of shops and cafes, which ALL look accessible.

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

It's not only the technical side that's amazing, but the concept and the story of this new title is very interesting and unique, which leads to the presentation of new gameplay ideas. Ubisoft is a leading publisher in conspiracy-themed stories, and whether they're just fantasy or not, it's very interesting to see their writers have conspiracy-oriented thinking. No wonder Kojima is in love with such games since his MGS series is also conspiracy-themed.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:12 AM

This game looks SO much better than GTA V.I actually want this more than GTA V.

EagleStrike 20
  • EagleStrike 20

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

This is what I would like to see. GTA V police chase unscripted vs Watchdogs police chase unscripted.

If R* doesn't SERIOUSLY improve the police from GTA IV, I'm telling you right now i'm buying Watchdogs instead.

I am also sick of R* making the police humorous in GTA. It takes the tense moments out of the game. I don't really care if V goes back to being as crazy as san andreas, but at least make the cops serious. That's one reason I like Watchdogs right now is because the police look serious.

I'll just shrug off GTA V as another game that conformed to casual gaming unless it can do better.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE (EagleStrike 20 @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 10:47)
This is what I would like to see. GTA V police chase unscripted vs Watchdogs police chase unscripted.

If R* doesn't SERIOUSLY improve the police from GTA IV, I'm telling you right now i'm buying Watchdogs instead.

I am also sick of R* making the police humorous in GTA. It takes the tense moments out of the game. I don't really care if V goes back to being as crazy as san andreas, but at least make the cops serious. That's one reason I like Watchdogs right now is because the police look serious.

I'll just shrug off GTA V as another game that conformed to casual gaming unless it can do better.

That's a rather foolish statement. You haven't seen any gameplay from GTA V and have only seen a scripted scene from Watch Dogs. To say you'd buy one over tue other based on very little information seems silly to me.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:39 AM

I'm still bogged down in scepticism about this game. At this point it looks like a linear, scripted game played with a minimap in the corner. The traffic light car crash was clearly not dynamic at all (the cars crashed in a very exact way and all the reactions from pedestrians were too perfect). The world seems to be scripted for the players perspective rather than being a dynamic backdrop to the gameplay. It reminds me of Heavy Rain, a great game, but far from an open and dynamic game like what they seem to be hinting at here. I just don't see how they can do what they showed in an open world game unless they sprinkle in that level of detail only for specific scripted missions.

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:52 AM Edited by FiS!!HeR, 06 June 2012 - 12:12 PM.

Yes. The interactions between the pedestrians are a set of motion-captured animations that are triggered at certain points. Whether they're dynamically triggered depending on the situation, which will be amazing, or only scripted and forced, isn't known at this stage. Ask this question, what if that pedestrian who's holding the umbrella wasn't present at that spot when the crash happened? is he placed there dynamically or the script forced him to be there just in case you hack into the traffic light to cause an accident? the thing we know that's not forced, is the way you can accomplish your goal, so hacking into traffic lights is one of many ways.

Edit: more details revealed:

http://www.videogame...t_features.html

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

thats great..

thebestgameever
  • thebestgameever

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

Sounds good and all but i really do hope this app BS and friends spying thing is just an option, i would prefer to play in SP without having to give a fak about my mates progressions.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

One of the best games of the E3 by far this year. Did they came up with a release date?

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 14:54)
One of the best games of the E3 by far this year. Did they came up with a release date?

no sadly... lets hope the waiting time for a release date and info wont be as long as some other open world game *cough* gta V * cough*

BRITLAND
  • BRITLAND

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:37 PM

wait this is open world? sweet!!!

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (BRITLAND @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 16:37)
wait this is open world? sweet!!!

Yes, but alittle bit scripted from what i read (like Mafia II) also the footage we saw on E3 was running on a high-end PC which means the console version won't look as good unfortunely, but i'm still looking forward to this game

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

It's either going to turn into an amazing game, or into utter sh*t. I feel like it's a tiny line between the two for this one, so ubisoft has to be careful.
I hope it ends up great, but some of the things they said they are focusing like..."everyone is connected" "your friends" and what we saw at the end of the trailer...not good.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011