Quantcast

» «
Photo

Watch Dogs

6,562 replies to this topic

Poll: On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs? (451 member(s) have cast votes)

On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs?

1. PC (118 votes [26.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.16%

2. Playstation 3 (55 votes [12.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.20%

3. Playstation 4 (99 votes [21.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.95%

4. Wii U (1 votes [0.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.22%

5. Xbox 360 (46 votes [10.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.20%

6. Xbox One (37 votes [8.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.20%

7. I'm not gonna buy Watch_Dogs (95 votes [21.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.06%

How would you rate Watch_Dogs?

1. 10 (18 votes [7.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. 9 (28 votes [11.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.97%

3. 8 (57 votes [24.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.36%

4. 7 (43 votes [18.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.38%

5. 6 (31 votes [13.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.25%

6. 5 (17 votes [7.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.26%

7. 4 (6 votes [2.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.56%

8. 3 (3 votes [1.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.28%

9. 2 (9 votes [3.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

10. 1 (22 votes [9.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.40%

Vote Guests cannot vote
.dre.
  • .dre.

reminder 6/12

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 11:09)
QUOTE (.dre. @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 00:33)
No offence, but if you want to run over people and go on a rampage why not just do it in GTA instead? Is it that much a dealbreaker if you can just do it in another game? Seems like more of like an excuse not to get the game..
I completely forgot that I couldn't do that in LA Noire. Ofcourse I tried it but then I got over it because after 5 mins, shooting and running over people gets boring. It's all about the exploration and missions at the end of the day.

Looks like we have a pacifist here.

sigh.gif

Yea, on a GTA forum. What a surprise.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

Watch Dogs (@watchdogsgame) tweeted at 11:04 PM on Wed, Jun 19, 2013:
Anyone can be hacked. Even @latenightjimmy isnít safe. To prove it, #WatchDogs will be featured on his show tonight_ #videogameweek #lnjf
(https://twitter.com/watchdogsgame/status/347406935835938816)

Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:42 AM

f*ck twitter. tounge.gif

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 14:34)
Watch Dogs (@watchdogsgame) tweeted at 11:04 PM on Wed, Jun 19, 2013:
Anyone can be hacked. Even @latenightjimmy isnít safe. To prove it, #WatchDogs will be featured on his show tonight_ #videogameweek #lnjf
(https://twitter.com/watchdogsgame/status/347406935835938816)

Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download

I'll be watching.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:47 AM

It's gonna be on in a few.

Jimmy Fallon is on the NBC channel.

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:58 AM

As good as it looks, I just can't get hyped for this game. Every generation Ubisoft come out with these amazing looking, supposedly "groundbreaking" new IP's, yet they're always run-of-the-mill with repetitive gameplay and sub-par storylines. This reminds me way too much of the first Assassin's Creed, a good game by any definition, but could never match the hype it produced.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:59 AM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 23:58)
As good as it looks, I just can't get hyped for this game. Every generation Ubisoft come out with these amazing looking, supposedly "groundbreaking" new IP's, yet they're always run-of-the-mill with repetitive gameplay and sub-par storylines. This reminds me way too much of the first Assassin's Creed, a good game by any definition, but could never match the hype it produced.

Besides AC, what other new IPs have Ubi released that were overhyped?

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:09 AM

I strongly disagree, but that's your opinion and i respect it.

Durden
  • Durden

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:15 AM

I can't watch TV, have they showed new gameplay? If not, are they going to?

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:59 AM

This is new gameplay, being played on a PS4.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 23:18)
QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 17:24)
QUOTE (Zancudo @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 21:13)
How much will this game differentiate between the current and the next generation? How much will I lose buying this game for PS3? Aside from graphics and framerate, of course.

No physics, less efficient AI and all that.

OT: After watching the uncompressed video at Gamersyde, holy hell I'm impressed. I'll even say that I'm more excited for this than GTA V. I guess it's just personal opinion. But I really love physics in a game.

Yep, that's what R* like to do - keep the game so secretive that people 'lose interest', until they're actually playing the game. smile.gif I'm sure the physics will be superb in GTAV. Footprints, Ragdoll, dynamic weather & lunar changes, wind effects, dynamic waves, etc...

Also about my previous comment. Nothing really indicated that, but I just can't see Aiden going on a pedestrian rampage.

Well, by physics, I meant things that have never been done before, and won't be occurring in PS360 games. I was blown away by Watch_Dogs, every NPC had individual cloth and hair physics. Not to mention the water simulation. Imagine GTA 6, we could create a tidal wave by shooting the rocket launcher in to the water. Did I mention the wind simulation? The first walkthrough of Watch_Dogs had strong winds going on so the trees were shaking and swaying, in the E3 2013 Demo, the winds weren't strong enough to force the trees to shake. I say, fvck those who said there is no need for newer consoles, it's amazing what you can do with better hardware. Also, The Division is also contributing. It's animation system is called "context sensitive animation" which is not often found in games. The only ones that I can think of is AC3 at the moment, but that is going to change, we'll see more games using this animation system.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (dxbrandon @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 04:09)

You know, I think I'm down on it because the hacking just screams repetition. It seems amazing in previews, but we've seen the same thing a half a dozen times now, which doesn't bode well for the end product. I mean, all it seems to be is "press square when you're near something and things happen." That's not the best mechanic to build an entire game around.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

Did people watch the latest video?

Holy heaven! The attention to detail may well surpass GTAV's.

But I need to see a demo, or play GTAV to come to a definitive conclusion though.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 15:38)

You know, I think I'm down on it because the hacking just screams repetition. It seems amazing in previews, but we've seen the same thing a half a dozen times now, which doesn't bode well for the end product. I mean, all it seems to be is "press square when you're near something and things happen." That's not the best mechanic to build an entire game around.

Not to sound like a GTA hater, but what the hell does GTA have that it is not repetitive? All you do is kill kill kill. Sure there are gun customizations, etc. but you haven't even played watch dogs and you already assume it is repetitive, wait forthe game, play it, then judge.

Excuse my mistakes I amon thr phone

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 13:40)

Not to sound like a GTA hater, but what the hell does GTA have that it is not repetitive? All you do is kill kill kill. Sure there are gun customizations, etc. but you haven't even played watch dogs and you already assume it is repetitive, wait forthe game, play it, then judge.

By that logic, every game is repetitive. I'm saying seeing something, pressing square to hack, and then things happening isn't necessarily a thrill ride. Let me ask this. If I got bored watching the previews, do you think I will be bored playing the game?

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

Me, personally, I get bored watching previews, and I enjoy playing. Also yes, every game gets repetitive imo unless it is online.
Like I said, in my opinion...

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 12:46)
Did people watch the latest video?

Holy heaven! The attention to detail may well surpass GTAV's.

But I need to see a demo, or play GTAV to come to a definitive conclusion though.

Well it was built for next gen so it would have those small details GTA V won't.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 14:46)
QUOTE (Happyness @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 13:40)

By that logic, every game is repetitive. I'm saying seeing something, pressing square to hack, and then things happening isn't necessarily a thrill ride. Let me ask this. If I got bored watching the previews, do you think I will be bored playing the game?

I agree with you. Now obviously it's not their only open world element but I can only follow a 'potential victim' down an alleyway to encounter a criminal and then giving chase so many times before I'm not drawn to it. In fact we've only seen that feature twice in the clips they've shown and I'm already bored of it. I dunno, they need to show or tell me about more exciting open world features for me to consider buying it. We've seen (in my opinion) no engaging combat system either. I just don't feel any incentive to explore their Chicago.

I'll wait for the reviews because back when they first showed this game I was hyped as f*ck, now every time they show a bit more of the game, my hype fades massively.

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 08:38)

Same could be said for Gta also. I just think Watch Dogs will be a better game ( I use to think just like you though) even though I'm not hyped for Gta v anymore, I know i will still enjoy it comes Sept.17.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE (dxbrandon @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 20:04)

Same could be said for Gta also. I just think Watch Dogs will be a better game ( I use to think just like you though) even though I'm not hyped for Gta v anymore, I know i will still enjoy it comes Sept.17.

So, you used to be a diehard gta fanboy? Lol! I am glad someone opened their eyes. tounge.gif

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (dxbrandon @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 17:04)

I don't even care about V anymore until R* brings to to PC.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

People forget Watch Dogs is from Ubisoft. Quite a few of there games become repetitive fast. Assassins Creed(the first one) is a good example here. In sequels Ubisoft tend to mix things up but the first game in the series has a chance of going the same way. I'm not saying it's a bad thing as Assassins Creed is the best in the series to me because it brought something new and fresh to the table but I am saying it might go that way.

As for the comparisons to GTA well there isn't any to make. Apples and oranges. If anything a better comparison would be between Watch Dogs and Assassins Creed. Watch Dogs more or less is Assassins Creed in the future.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 17:31)
People forget Watch Dogs is from Ubisoft. Quite a few of there games become repetitive fast. Assassins Creed(the first one) is a good example here. In sequels Ubisoft tend to mix things up but the first game in the series has a chance of going the same way. I'm not saying it's a bad thing as Assassins Creed is the best in the series to me because it brought something new and fresh to the table but I am saying it might go that way.

As for the comparisons to GTA well there isn't any to make. Apples and oranges. If anything a better comparison would be between Watch Dogs and Assassins Creed. Watch Dogs more or less is Assassins Creed in the future.

You forgot about the unexpected Far Cry 3 though. It came out of nowhere. tounge.gif

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:07 PM Edited by dxbrandon, 20 June 2013 - 07:10 PM.

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 13:31)

I haven't forgot that Watch Dogs is from Ubisoft( Love Ubisoft) Idk most people didn't Really didn't like Assassins Creed after the first 2 games, but i loved them all.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:47 PM

Multiplayer footage

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:52 PM

I watched the MP quickly. But I currently have no idea where the MP Aspect was. Ar the guys that you hack AI or other Players?

Durden
  • Durden

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 15:52)
I watched the MP quickly. But I currently have no idea where the MP Aspect was. Ar the guys that you hack AI or other Players?

Other players. It looks like a game of cat-&-mouse. 2 players merge games but neither one knows. They both appear as Aiden Pearce to themselves, but as pedestrians to the other player. You have to try and hack the other player. Once they discover you're trying to hack them, they have to run away and hide to become incognito. If they successfully escape, it looks like the roles become neutral and they can start chasing you this time if you don't get to them first.

That's what it seems like.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 19:57)

Other players. It looks like a game of cat-&-mouse. 2 players merge games but neither one knows. They both appear as Aiden Pearce to themselves, but as pedestrians to the other player. You have to try and hack the other player. Once they discover you're trying to hack them, they have to run away and hide to become incognito. If they successfully escape, it looks like the roles become neutral and they can start chasing you this time if you don't get to them first.

Is that not EXACTLY the same as Assassins Creed but with hacking rather than assassination?

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 19:57)

Will there be specific maps for the multiplayer? Or will we be given the whole Chicago to roam around?
I never bothered with AC MP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users