Quantcast

» «
Photo

Watch Dogs

6,573 replies to this topic

Poll: On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs? (466 member(s) have cast votes)

On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs?

1. PC (123 votes [26.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.39%

2. Playstation 3 (56 votes [12.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.02%

3. Playstation 4 (103 votes [22.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.10%

4. Wii U (1 votes [0.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.21%

5. Xbox 360 (47 votes [10.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.09%

6. Xbox One (38 votes [8.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.15%

7. I'm not gonna buy Watch_Dogs (98 votes [21.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.03%

How would you rate Watch_Dogs?

1. 10 (18 votes [7.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.23%

2. 9 (28 votes [11.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.24%

3. 8 (63 votes [25.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.30%

4. 7 (45 votes [18.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.07%

5. 6 (32 votes [12.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.85%

6. 5 (18 votes [7.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.23%

7. 4 (8 votes [3.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.21%

8. 3 (4 votes [1.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.61%

9. 2 (9 votes [3.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.61%

10. 1 (24 votes [9.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

Has it been confirmed that we can shoot at innocent pedestrians wandering the streets? Also, can we run over pedestrians?

These may seem obvious, but some open world games are ruined by not allowing this much freedom. I honestly can't imagine Aiden Pearce going on a rampage killing civilians & running people over, so I am very hesitant about this.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 22:42)
Has it been confirmed that we can shoot at innocent pedestrians wandering the streets? Also, can we run over pedestrians?

These may seem obvious, but some open world games are ruined by not allowing this much freedom. I honestly can't imagine Aiden Pearce going on a rampage killing civilians & running people over, so I am very hesitant about this.

Was there any implication that we couldn't? It would be utterly idiotic if they do this.
The only game I can think of right now is L.A. Noire.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

http://www.vg247.com...e-into-a-weapon

Not sure if posted before, but... NICE!

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

How much will this game differentiate between the current and the next generation? How much will I lose buying this game for PS3? Aside from graphics and framerate, of course.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 21:13)
How much will this game differentiate between the current and the next generation? How much will I lose buying this game for PS3? Aside from graphics and framerate, of course.

No physics, less efficient AI and all that.

OT: After watching the uncompressed video at Gamersyde, holy hell I'm impressed. I'll even say that I'm more excited for this than GTA V. I guess it's just personal opinion. But I really love physics in a game.

Durden
  • Durden

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 17:24)
QUOTE (Zancudo @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 21:13)

No physics, less efficient AI and all that.

OT: After watching the uncompressed video at Gamersyde, holy hell I'm impressed. I'll even say that I'm more excited for this than GTA V. I guess it's just personal opinion. But I really love physics in a game.

Yep, that's what R* like to do - keep the game so secretive that people 'lose interest', until they're actually playing the game. smile.gif I'm sure the physics will be superb in GTAV. Footprints, Ragdoll, dynamic weather & lunar changes, wind effects, dynamic waves, etc...

Also about my previous comment. Nothing really indicated that, but I just can't see Aiden going on a pedestrian rampage.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 23:18)
Nothing really indicated that, but I just can't see Aiden going on a pedestrian rampage.

Granted, he seems to be a good guy.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:46 PM

I honestly don't think we can. It hasn't been stated yet, as far as I know, but they will probably use the same restriction Assassin's Creed had. Keep killing peds and you will have to restart at your last checkpoint. That might include running people over...

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:55 PM Edited by wwinterj, 19 June 2013 - 12:00 AM.

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 22:13)

I'd imagine it would be like playing current gen games now rather than playing on the PC. Truth is we simply don't know. At it's core the game will be the same on every platform apparently but what that means remains to be seen. I don't see the current gen versions been gimped that much as Ubisoft are perfectly aware the main customers are in the current gen crowed as many won't jump ship yet. I believe this even more been as the exclusive content is avaible on both PS3 and PS4. I'll be buying for the PS3 at the moment as I've seen nothing to change my mind but until current gen footage is shown I can't be 100% sure. The same can be said for Assassins Creed IV.

Here is a link that might help:
http://www.digitalsp...evelop-for.html

Durden
  • Durden

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 19:46)

I honestly don't think we can. It hasn't been stated yet, as far as I know, but they will probably use the same restriction Assassin's Creed had. Keep killing peds and you will have to restart at your last checkpoint. That might include running people over...

I really hope that's not the case. confused.gif Having that level of freedom is the only way WD could be considered a GTA competitor IMO.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:12 AM

I honestly think they won't disallow us not to run over pedestrians and whatnot. That's just a ridiculous move. They even said it's a full open world game, you can do what you like, so it be ironic if you couldn't.

.dre.
  • .dre.

reminder 6/12

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:33 AM

No offence, but if you want to run over people and go on a rampage why not just do it in GTA instead? Is it that much a dealbreaker if you can just do it in another game? Seems like more of like an excuse not to get the game..
I completely forgot that I couldn't do that in LA Noire. Ofcourse I tried it but then I got over it because after 5 mins, shooting and running over people gets boring. It's all about the exploration and missions at the end of the day.

Durden
  • Durden

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (.dre. @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 20:33)
No offence, but if you want to run over people and go on a rampage why not just do it in GTA instead? Is it that much a dealbreaker if you can just do it in another game? Seems like more of like an excuse not to get the game..
I completely forgot that I couldn't do that in LA Noire. Ofcourse I tried it but then I got over it because after 5 mins, shooting and running over people gets boring. It's all about the exploration and missions at the end of the day.

Yeah, I'm just begging for a reason to not get one of my most anticipated PS4 games of 2013 sarcasm.gif

Regarding your generic 'play another game' comment, why watch different horror movies about demons, different comedy's about vacations, different action movies about terrorists?

I'll tell you why - for the new experience. I already know R*'s euphoria physics, gore level, tone of the game, etc... But Watch Dogs will give me a totally different feeling from going on rampages by killing civilians. The overwhelming graphics & physics will be extremely interesting to run people over, while the gritty seriousness of the game would make it seem that much more realistic from mowing people down (more realism = more fun because you're more immersed).

Hopefully that clears things up for you.

.dre.
  • .dre.

reminder 6/12

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 00:56)

Yeah, I'm just begging for a reason to not get one of my most anticipated PS4 games of 2013 sarcasm.gif

Regarding your generic 'play another game' comment, why watch different horror movies about demons, different comedy's about vacations, different action movies about terrorists?

I'll tell you why - for the new experience. I already know R*'s euphoria physics, gore level, tone of the game, etc... But Watch Dogs will give me a totally different feeling from going on rampages by killing civilians. The overwhelming graphics & physics will be extremely interesting to run people over, while the gritty seriousness of the game would make it seem that much more realistic from mowing people down (more realism = more fun because you're more immersed).

And here comes the generic movie analogy. If we're talking about movies, each one has a different story. We aren' talking about stories here. We are talking about gameplay that is similar to other games. What is the difference between WatchDog's freeroam and GTA's freeroam? Different engines? Is that really going to make a lot of difference that one has euphoria and the other does not? Do you just go on a rampage all day that not being able to do so is a 'dealbreaker' for you? May I suggest a therapist if it's that big of a deal that you can't shoot around innocents and run over people everyday? I understand if someone is bummed out about not being able to but the whole 'dealbreaker' thing is what made me laugh and question whether you really wanted this game to begin with.

Durden
  • Durden

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE (.dre. @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 21:09)

And here comes the generic movie analogy. If we're talking about movies, each one has a different story. We aren' talking about stories here. We are talking about gameplay that is similar to other games. What is the difference between WatchDog's freeroam and GTA's freeroam? Different engines? Is that really going to make a lot of difference that one has euphoria and the other does not? Do you just go on a rampage all day that not being able to do so is a 'dealbreaker' for you? May I suggest a therapist if it's that big of a deal that you can't shoot around innocents and run over people everyday? I understand if someone is bummed out about not being able to but the whole 'dealbreaker' thing is what made me laugh and question whether you really wanted this game to begin with.

...And there's the generic hyperbole comparing me to a sicko in need of therapy. rolleyes.gif

Limiting WD in this respect would be counterproductive to the game's genre of open-world. Why do you think LA Noire generally received such negative feedback by gamers? Or why Assassins Creed is never compared to GTA? Because in the end, GTA offers much more freedom than these games. I'd hardly call WD an open world game if you're unable to mercilessly kill/run over peds. Before you be a smartass and pull up the definition of open-world, today's definition of open-world means true freedom - being able to do anything to anyone within the game's toolkit, and killing civilians should be included in this for all open world games by now (violent ones involving guns).

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:27 AM

Anyone know where I could get a jacket/trench coat like Aiden's?

Durden
  • Durden

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 21:27)

How's this?

http://newleatherjac...rce-Trench-Coat

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 01:30)
QUOTE (Erebos @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 21:27)

How's this?

http://newleatherjac...rce-Trench-Coat

That's great thanks. Put that on my wish list. colgate.gif

.dre.
  • .dre.

reminder 6/12

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 01:26)

...And there's the generic hyperbole comparing me to a sicko in need of therapy. rolleyes.gif

Limiting WD in this respect would be counterproductive to the game's genre of open-world. Why do you think LA Noire generally received such negative feedback by gamers? Or why Assassins Creed is never compared to GTA? Because in the end, GTA offers much more freedom than these games. I'd hardly call WD an open world game if you're unable to mercilessly kill/run over peds. Before you be a smartass and pull up the definition of open-world, today's definition of open-world means true freedom - being able to do anything to anyone within the game's toolkit, and killing civilians should be included in this for all open world games by now (violent ones involving guns).

L.A Noire received high reviews. Your retarded opinion of it doesn't matter whether it was a good game or not entirely. AC shouldn't be compared to GTA, they are two different genres. And no that's only your definition of an open world game no matter how much you want to deny it.

Durden
  • Durden

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE (.dre. @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 21:35)

L.A Noire received high reviews. Your retarded opinion of it doesn't matter whether it was a good game or not entirely. AC shouldn't be compared to GTA, they are two different genres. And no that's only your definition of an open world game no matter how much you want to deny it.

Dishonored got good reviews, yet not many sales. And there are many other games out there that get good reviews yet the general public lacks interest - LA Noire being a prime example. If you only go by the critics, you're pretty close-minded.

'Open-World' in a genre. Games often have multiple genres. GTA, AC, NOIRE, & WD are all part of the same genre of open-world.

Its not solely my definition - its society's. Go anywhere that complains about LA Noire, and the prime complaint will be the lack of freedom. We had guns but couldn't use them.

You can deny it all you want, but the restriction from killing peds in WD would be a real deal-breaker for a vast amount of interested consumers.

.dre.
  • .dre.

reminder 6/12

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 01:42)

Dishonored got good reviews, yet not many sales. And there are many other games out there that get good reviews yet the general public lacks interest - LA Noire being a prime example. If you only go by the critics, you're pretty close-minded.

'Open-World' in a genre. Games often have multiple genres. GTA, AC, NOIRE, & WD are all part of the same genre of open-world.

Its not solely my definition - its society's. Go anywhere that complains about LA Noire, and the prime complaint will be the lack of freedom. We had guns but couldn't use them.

You can deny it all you want, but the restriction from killing peds in WD would be a real deal-breaker for a vast amount of interested consumers.

It's funny that you think a game gets high reviews/low reviews because of the ability of being able to kill peds or not.

Durden
  • Durden

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE (.dre. @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 22:51)
QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 01:42)

It's funny that you think a game gets high reviews/low reviews because of the ability of being able to kill peds or not.

.. dontgetit.gif

facedesk.gif facedesk.gif facedesk.gif facedesk.gif

Yes, because I totally said anything like that. sarcasm.gif

facedesk.gif

.dre.
  • .dre.

reminder 6/12

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:39 AM

Nice counter. Come back when you're not on a third grade level.

Durden
  • Durden

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:42 AM

I'm back. I'm in 2nd grade, genius. sarcasm.gif

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:12 AM

Wow.. Gianoscm or whatever your name is. I don't even...
So.. If Watch Dogs doesn't let you kill people, it isn't openworld? :rolleyes: wow..

There is a difference between open world and freedom in an open world you newb.

Also, logically speaking, why have a "respect/disrespect honor bar" if you can't do bad sh*t to have negative reputation. That demo where Aiden saves a woman, he's chasing after a civilian ... And he can shoot towArds him. :facepalm:

- written from phone

Durden
  • Durden

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:24 AM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 00:12)
So.. If Watch Dogs doesn't let you kill people, it isn't openworld? :rolleyes: wow..

Also, logically speaking, why have a "respect/disrespect honor bar" if you can't do bad sh*t to have negative reputation. That demo where Aiden saves a woman, he's chasing after a civilian ... And he can shoot towArds him. :facepalm:

- written from phone

Like I said, I wasn't referring to the textbook definition of open-world. I was referring to today's standards (Set by society's gaming trends) of what an open-world game is. Open world games which involve guns (check) and are violent (check) need to give the player freedom to do immoral things like civilian rampages.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:32 AM

There's a reputation system, meaning that if you want to be the bad guy, you must wreck sh*t up.

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 01:32)
There's a reputation system, meaning that if you want to be the bad guy, you must wreck sh*t up.

Ya, i forgot about that...That pretty much says you can kill peds. Also it will be reported on the news which is awesome.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:26 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 18:24)
QUOTE (Happyness @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 00:12)

- written from phone

Like I said, I wasn't referring to the textbook definition of open-world. I was referring to today's standards (Set by society's gaming trends) of what an open-world game is. Open world games which involve guns (check) and are violent (check) need to give the player freedom to do immoral things like civilian rampages.

I've never actually heard that definition for that. So you can't go on sprees in Red Faction: Guerilla or Shadow of the Colossus or Spiderman 2 or Dragon Age 2, I guess that means they're not open world. Society's idea of what a sandbox or open world game is the same as the "textbook" definition. Its the freedom to explore and go where ever you want, its got nothing to do with guns.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE (.dre. @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 00:33)

Looks like we have a pacifist here.

sigh.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users