Quantcast

» «
Photo

Watch Dogs

6,420 replies to this topic

Poll: On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs? (412 member(s) have cast votes)

On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs?

1. PC (113 votes [27.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.43%

2. Playstation 3 (51 votes [12.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.38%

3. Playstation 4 (87 votes [21.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.12%

4. Wii U (1 votes [0.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.24%

5. Xbox 360 (45 votes [10.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.92%

6. Xbox One (35 votes [8.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.50%

7. I'm not gonna buy Watch_Dogs (80 votes [19.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.42%

How would you rate Watch_Dogs?

1. 10 (17 votes [8.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.81%

2. 9 (24 votes [12.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.44%

3. 8 (54 votes [27.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.98%

4. 7 (34 votes [17.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.62%

5. 6 (26 votes [13.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.47%

6. 5 (12 votes [6.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.22%

7. 4 (4 votes [2.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.07%

8. 3 (1 votes [0.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.52%

9. 2 (8 votes [4.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.15%

10. 1 (13 votes [6.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.74%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (eerik @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 23:06)
QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 15:33)
@the informed guys above.

What frames will I achieve @ultra?

Hard to tell. It uses a brand new engine designed for the next gen consoles.

Crysis 3 runs at 40-50 for me. Does that mean anything at all?

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 17:57)
QUOTE (eerik @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 23:06)
QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 15:33)
@the informed guys above.

What frames will I achieve @ultra?

Hard to tell. It uses a brand new engine designed for the next gen consoles.

Crysis 3 runs at 40-50 for me. Does that mean anything at all?

On Very High Settings? Then Watch Dogs will probably run at 30-35FPS or lower.
Since the game is PC lead, I expect good optimization.

QUOTE (eerik @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 15:01)
PS4's CPU might have lower clock speeds but it has better multithreading than i5 3570k (8 threads vs 4 threads). Unified memory pool means that PS4 can spread 7GB (or what ever is available for games) between CPU and GPU how ever it is needed. GTX 660 on the other hand is limited to only 2GB. Next gen games will, without a doubt, use more than 2GB of RAM for GPU. Killzone: Shadow Fall demo from the PS4 reveal event in February used 3GB of RAM for GPU and 1.5GB for CPU, for instance, and most of it's development was done on a development kit that had only 4GB of RAM.

It's a Heterogeneous System Architecture so I'm not sure why you're stating the obvious, of course the Unified RAM means seamless memory sharing and the bandwidth sharing between the CPU and the GPU.
I do agree with the memory part though, console to PC ports will require some massive RAM if it isn't optimized or scaled for less powerful hardware, that makes a win for the PS4 in the memory part.

One thing I noticed during the Killzone Shadow Fall demo was the texture and shadow pop-ins.
Why do they have so many lod pop-in problems with such high video memory amount. They had shadow pop-in 5 meters from player in the Forest demo.

countrymike84
  • countrymike84

honky tonker

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:06 AM

Looks like after GTA V releases, the 5 O Clock show from the CVG will change to Watch Dogs. I saw this video and thought, "Yep..its about to be Watch Dogs 5 O Clock."

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:55 AM

CVG first for news? lol.gif
Interesting video though.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:10 PM

Multiplayer gameplay footage yo;

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE (JBanton @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 10:10)
Multiplayer gameplay footage yo;

Fun times are ahead. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

MP looks just as EPIC!

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:55 PM

Watch Dogs ftw. It'll be one of the best franchises in the world.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

apparently IGN saw the current gen console version of watch dogs and said that it didn't look too pretty. hopefully the graphics difference isn't as huge as WII to PC

Rewas514
  • Rewas514

Derp™

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania
  • Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:04 PM Edited by COOLMAN12234555896, 15 June 2013 - 04:13 PM.

I'm so gonna hack some games/servers so I could take over the whole police force and kill him!

Man, that sounds really new and fun. I'm really gonna buy this game either on PS3 or PS4.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

Watch Dogs and GTA V are gonna be THE sh*t. I feel so lucky to get these games in the same year mercie_blink.gif

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE (COOLMAN12234555896 @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 12:04)
I'm so gonna hack some game's so I could take over the whole police force and kill him!

Man, that sounds really new and fun. I'm really gonna buy this game either on PS3 or PS4.

No, Watch Dogs will be a clone of assassin's creed and the hacking will become repetitive and boring. "The Typical Gta Fanboy mindset"

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:15 PM

MP for sure looks interesting. I just hope the experience described isn't just limited to next gen consoles. Can't say I care for the Tablet use in games though.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

Okay I know this may sound dumb. suicidal.gif , but can someone explain that video to me?
Are we only going to hack into others' games if we're prompted to? Can we free-roam in other players' games? Can we simply just hack them for fun? suicidal.gif

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

Is there any info on how the mobile/tablet app will be made available?

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:33 PM Edited by GTAfan786, 15 June 2013 - 04:35 PM.

QUOTE (Happyness @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 16:19)
Okay I know this may sound dumb. suicidal.gif , but can someone explain that video to me?
Are we only going to hack into others' games if we're prompted to? Can we free-roam in other players' games? Can we simply just hack them for fun? suicidal.gif

You can free roam at the same time obviously. The complicated thing about MP is we won't even know where they are and vice versa, which is a smart and realistic too.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:33 PM

Just watched the E3 Walkthrough and my God does this look amazing. I wonder how the ragdoll system will work.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

This game looks freaking amazing. I gonna have hard time trying not to pick this one up until I can get the PS4 version.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 17:29)

It will be free for iOS and Android and it will allow you to change text on billboards and send messages to other players and even more.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 19:46)

It will be free for iOS and Android and it will allow you to change text on billboards and send messages to other players and even more.

HYPE LEVEL = 100000000000000x THANKS FOR DAT INFO.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 16:46)

Wow, so for example if you are driving and you see a billboard on a building, can the guy with the tablet actually edit the text? mercie_blink.gif

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 21:49)

Yep. You can play the singleplayer and the multiplayer at the same time. icon14.gif

You won't appear as Aiden to others, and they won't appear as Aiden to you.

But storyline missions- when playing them- you'll be disconnected though.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

I know they're trying to 'hide' this but this game has to be always online to play it.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:10 PM Edited by theomenofficial, 15 June 2013 - 05:13 PM.

QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 18:04)

Wow, so for example if you are driving and you see a billboard on a building, can the guy with the tablet actually edit the text? mercie_blink.gif

This time, however, the demo concluded with a demonstration of a real-time iPad app that supports a kind of meta-game - much in the manner of Microsoft's Xbox SmartGlass.

Here players were presented with a wireframe map of futuristic Chicago, drawn in a similar style to the one that used in the press conference demo. The map can be scrolled and zoomed, with pop-up boxes and icons providing real-time information about the game in progress.

"As we said, everything is connected - and we've extended that to mobile devices," said the Ubisoft demonstrator. "We have Chicago in the palm of your hand. Everything that you've seen in the game will be accessible, so different shops - pharmacies, gun shops - will also be available here. You can see everything.

"Remember the theatre that we saw? You can go and check the details, what the layout is, so that you can plan your mission. You can also get information about the organisers - facts about DeMarco."

But it's not just NPCs who fall under the app's scrutiny. Other human players will also find that their details have been uploaded to the CTOS - the American information network in Watch Dogs' cyberpunk future.

"You can monitor bad guys, and you can also monitor your friends. That way you can see your friends in real time - what they are doing, and how they did it. You can access their mission log and prepare yourself in the same way."

During the course of the main demo, Pierce took the time to 'profile' a female NPC - scanning her and then adding her details to the CTOS. This meant that new data was added to the tablet app - information that wouldn't have been there otherwise.

And according the Ubisoft demonstrator, this kind of action will have a significant impact on the overall game.

"The more you know about CTOS, the more power you going to unlock. And the more power you unlock in different districts, the more competitive you will be. That way your friends will never be the same thing, and sometimes you're going to be able to help them, or sometimes you're going to be able to challenge them."

Ubisoft again was pushing tablet integration with this title in what the are calling the “companion game”.

During one of Aiden’s moments trying to flee the police, a tablet player dropped in and attempted to hack the helicopter above to help him out. While he was eventually unsuccessful, he was able to send a “sorry!” message to Aiden, which appeared as a text crawl across some of the billboards in his line-of-sight.

We’re putting this under “presentation” for now because we weren’t shown much of the tablet side of the game, although Ubisoft promises that it will enable you to “play from anywhere, at any time.” 

We were also only shown a brief glimpse into the multiplayer feature of the game, with another player entering our game and trying to hack us. Aiden detected the hack in progress, and could see the general area the hack was coming from, which then turned things into a game of cat and mouse, hack or be hacked. Right now this is one of the more ambiguous parts of the game, although we expect Ubisoft to pull the curtain back on it further as we get closer to launch. What’s interesting is that both as in addition to the standard gameplay, meaning that this game just keeps giving you options.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 17:10)
QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 18:04)

This time, however, the demo concluded with a demonstration of a real-time iPad app that supports a kind of meta-game - much in the manner of Microsoft's Xbox SmartGlass.

Here players were presented with a wireframe map of futuristic Chicago, drawn in a similar style to the one that used in the press conference demo. The map can be scrolled and zoomed, with pop-up boxes and icons providing real-time information about the game in progress.

"As we said, everything is connected - and we've extended that to mobile devices," said the Ubisoft demonstrator. "We have Chicago in the palm of your hand. Everything that you've seen in the game will be accessible, so different shops - pharmacies, gun shops - will also be available here. You can see everything.

"Remember the theatre that we saw? You can go and check the details, what the layout is, so that you can plan your mission. You can also get information about the organisers - facts about DeMarco."

But it's not just NPCs who fall under the app's scrutiny. Other human players will also find that their details have been uploaded to the CTOS - the American information network in Watch Dogs' cyberpunk future.

"You can monitor bad guys, and you can also monitor your friends. That way you can see your friends in real time - what they are doing, and how they did it. You can access their mission log and prepare yourself in the same way."

During the course of the main demo, Pierce took the time to 'profile' a female NPC - scanning her and then adding her details to the CTOS. This meant that new data was added to the tablet app - information that wouldn't have been there otherwise.

And according the Ubisoft demonstrator, this kind of action will have a significant impact on the overall game.

"The more you know about CTOS, the more power you going to unlock. And the more power you unlock in different districts, the more competitive you will be. That way your friends will never be the same thing, and sometimes you're going to be able to help them, or sometimes you're going to be able to challenge them."

Ubisoft again was pushing tablet integration with this title in what the are calling the “companion game”.

During one of Aiden’s moments trying to flee the police, a tablet player dropped in and attempted to hack the helicopter above to help him out. While he was eventually unsuccessful, he was able to send a “sorry!” message to Aiden, which appeared as a text crawl across some of the billboards in his line-of-sight.

We’re putting this under “presentation” for now because we weren’t shown much of the tablet side of the game, although Ubisoft promises that it will enable you to “play from anywhere, at any time.” 

We were also only shown a brief glimpse into the multiplayer feature of the game, with another player entering our game and trying to hack us. Aiden detected the hack in progress, and could see the general area the hack was coming from, which then turned things into a game of cat and mouse, hack or be hacked. Right now this is one of the more ambiguous parts of the game, although we expect Ubisoft to pull the curtain back on it further as we get closer to launch. What’s interesting is that both as in addition to the standard gameplay, meaning that this game just keeps giving you options.

Cheers!

@Raavi- Not neccessarily. If you don't want to play MP, you are able to play SP. They aren't forcing us to stay connected online, it's just better as an experience.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 13:09)
I know they're trying to 'hide' this but this game has to be always online to play it.

It's clear you haven't been following this game too closely, or just started following it recently.

It was confirmed a long time ago that you can play the game offline if you don't want anyone interfering with your game.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:26 PM

PS4 or PC? Meh........ I think I will get PC and Watch Dogs. icon14.gif Since I want to become a game dev/programmer myself one day. And I will need the power of the PC to make games and whatnot, as small little projects for my university.

Also, is any of you studying Computer Science or anything programming related in Uni? If so, please PM me!

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 18:16)

It's clear you haven't been following this game too closely, or just started following it recently.

It was confirmed a long time ago that you can play the game offline if you don't want anyone interfering with your game.

Seamless blend of singleplayer and multiplayer requires always online. I'm sure they won't advertise it as such but, I'm sceptic.

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 13:26)

Seamless blend of singleplayer and multiplayer requires always online. I'm sure they won't advertise it as such but, I'm sceptic.

confused.gif

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 13:26)

Well yes, if you want any sort of multiplayer including the seamless drop-in/drop-out MP, then of course you need to be online. But to play the single-player as the only player in the game? Yes that's possible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users