Photo

Splinter Cell: Blacklist

157 replies to this topic
theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:26 PM Edited by theomenofficial, 27 April 2013 - 12:34 PM.

user posted image

+ Dragonjack +
  • + Dragonjack +

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Saturday, Apr 27 2013, 12:26)
user posted image

How? And that's awesome! wow.gif I haven't played the past Splinter Cell video game series at all to be honest. I also wished if I have enough money to get this game before.

Too many great video games coming out this year.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:11 AM

Found the topic after 7 pages tounge.gif

So is everyone still stoked about this one as well? I really didn't see much at the reveal of it to be intrigued still. Maybe they'll show more in the coming days.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:34 AM

Is anyone else getting this tomorrow or did everyone just forgot about it? I'm watching some videos of it right now and it seems to be a great game. It received some great reviews from multiple sites, so I'm probably going to get it tomorrow or the day after.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:14 AM

I'm getting it through Gamefly. If I like it, I'll probably wait a couple months when it's $40 to compete with CoD.

TheWarzoneXL
  • TheWarzoneXL

Banging Michael's Housekeeper

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:09 AM

Playing through Blacklist for the second time. Beat it on normal and playing it on realistic now. Great game, very fun and difficult, every mechanic works exceptionally well. Some minor bugs here and there, but nothing game breaking.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:33 AM

The game looks like great fun, and i'll definitely buy it if it comes to PS4. I just can't buy it for PS3, as I'm trying to ditch the damn thing ASAP.

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

So far it's really good, the only things I don't like is Fisher's voice and the story. Conviction had a better story.

aldisdzerve
  • aldisdzerve

PetrolHead

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

Well I guess I might download it.
I would never pay any money for it, but hey - games on pc are FREE so I might try it.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

I REALLY want to get it.
I thought Conviction was one of the best Xbox 360 games.

tuareg
  • tuareg

that aaaaain't workin, that's the way you do it

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

I hope frankie does a walkthrough on it.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:18 PM

I haven't watched any videos yet, currently at work, cant view any anyway.

Can anyone tell me if they fixed the shooting mechanics or not?

In conviction they basically nerfed the shooting to buggery just to force you into takedowns and to not shoot your way through the map.

I hated this, every gun had no accuracy whatsoever, and being technically the same (engine wise) as amazing games like R6 Vegas, I was extremely upset by this.

I actually enjoyed the shooting mechanics somewhat during the Gulf War flashback where accuracy was much more tigher and it felt more fun to shoot.

Because though I enjoyed the story and atmosphere, and especially the reverse elbow to the head and punch to the head in conviction, you may as well just be playing a batman game.

They should have removed the stupid mark and execute, or left it as a backup only, having one or two per level, and had the shooting really accurate, just limited the ammo, or just gave you a worse score for using them. Therefore you could play the game easily with guns, or hard mode would just be limited shooting.

Though I love a game with infinite ammo on your pistol, it almost limited the game's features by doing so.

I also really f*cking hate that sideways shooting and under the arm sh*t in mark and execute.

The game looked the same to me when I saw it at E3 last year, so I doubt I will grab this.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 06:18)
I haven't watched any videos yet, currently at work, cant view any anyway.

Can anyone tell me if they fixed the shooting mechanics or not?

In conviction they basically nerfed the shooting to buggery just to force you into takedowns and to not shoot your way through the map.

I hated this, every gun had no accuracy whatsoever, and being technically the same (engine wise) as amazing games like R6 Vegas, I was extremely upset by this.

I actually enjoyed the shooting mechanics somewhat during the Gulf War flashback where accuracy was much more tigher and it felt more fun to shoot.

Because though I enjoyed the story and atmosphere, and especially the reverse elbow to the head and punch to the head in conviction, you may as well just be playing a batman game.

They should have removed the stupid mark and execute, or left it as a backup only, having one or two per level, and had the shooting really accurate, just limited the ammo, or just gave you a worse score for using them. Therefore you could play the game easily with guns, or hard mode would just be limited shooting.

Though I love a game with infinite ammo on your pistol, it almost limited the game's features by doing so.

I also really f*cking hate that sideways shooting and under the arm sh*t in mark and execute.

The game looked the same to me when I saw it at E3 last year, so I doubt I will grab this.

Yeah, I don't think the shooting is much different. Maybe even worse. In Realistic mode, ironically, it seems like it takes three or four shots to the body to take someone down, where you're practically instakilled if you come under direct fire. So headshots are really the only hope of survival if you meet a Tango face to face, and are too far for CQC. That coupled with the element that if you are seen, most of the time reinforcements spawn in that area, so you have to deal with 10 shooters instead of 5, I think they did this to make going stealth a more challenging and sometimes more viable option.

Speaking of the stealth, it really is much more improved, and some of the side missions require it. These missions feel a hell of a lot more like classic Splinter Cell (and are co-op or solo if you prefer), but still not the same. They've done away with the bullsh*t when you're in the dark it goes black and white, and gone back to the green light on the back. Sound is back to playing a critical role. No more running up on fools without them knowing.

As for mark and execute, I don't even use it much. It's pretty much the same.

Overall, I've only played three main missions, but it's better than Conviction. That doesn't mean much to most people, but I liked Conviction. It feels more like the dynamic classic Splinter Cell, but still retains some of the arcady Conviction gameplay. The story feels more like classic Splinter Cell, as well, moving away from the more personal story of Sam.

As for the voices. It doesn't feel right. The new guy definitely does okay in channeling Ironside, but it doesn't feel like Sam Fisher. And Grim (with some of the other supporting cast) is now obviously played by a Canadian. On top of this all, Sam looks like a lot like default Commander Shepard.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:41 PM

I am kind of wondering if I should of went console or the PC version. I got the PC version, since I played Conviction on PC. I like it, but has anyone got the PC version and got into any multiplayer games?

The game is great, but it feels kind of lonely on the multiplayer side, especially since I do not have any Uplay friends.

The game definitely is a good mix between Old and New Splinter Cell games. It is so hard to ignore the voice of Sam though..haha

rotipuj
  • rotipuj

That's all I got

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 12:53)
I REALLY want to get it.
I thought Conviction was one of the best Xbox 360 games.

Conviction was terrible. I enjoyed the previous SC games and when I finally got the chance to play Conviction, I was extremely disappointed. It wasn't a Splinter Cell game, it was just another third-person shooter.

tuareg
  • tuareg

that aaaaain't workin, that's the way you do it

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:49 PM

This is truely the worst. I haven't played it, but it looks like they raped splinter cell even further than they did with conviction. What's the appeal anymore? It's basically a mediocre third person shooter with bad stealth elements at this point.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (tuareg @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 06:49)

This is truely the worst. I haven't played it, but it looks like they raped splinter cell even further than they did with conviction. What's the appeal anymore? It's basically a mediocre third person shooter with bad stealth elements at this point.

I think this mission is more of a representation of the stealth gameplay. You can't be seen or the mission's over, like the good old days.

The next mission Grim gives you, you can't be seen, and you can't take down any enemies.

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

THR-MC ✠ PREZ

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:45 AM

How is this game, will I enjoy it?
I'm a fan of all the older games, and didn't mind Double Agent.

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:02 AM

f*ck... just like what I expected.
this game is just a typical nowadays Ubitard's games: bad PC port (unstable framerate, letterbox,...), and game difficulty was made for kids.
the introduction was confused as hell, I have no idea what happened with the story, there is no explanation what the hell is going on. the game just kick you in and like "yeah, these bad guys are starting to kill people, let's just get rid of them".

just played the game for about an hour now so I can't judge everything yet. but from what I've seen so far, I'm f*cking disappointed.

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:33 AM

QUOTE (tuareg @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 10:49)

The section where you have to play with Briggs in a first person view just killed my mood for the rest of the game. It was completely unnecessary and very badly executed. I was being a complete ghost in that mission but then I had to kill everyone in my way because it was almost impossible to keep it stealthy.

The game itself is good. I haven't seen any bugs yet. As badboy_zay, the presentation of the story is so fast that you can't even catch the idea of what's going on and why you are doing these missions.

Upgrades for the plane and for Sam are a fun part of the game, except for the fact that there are like 30+ weapons but most of the people will try to be achieve Ghost level, so they won't use any weapon, which makes half of these upgrades unnecessary.

Graphics, sounds, lightning, textures, everything from this field is great. I haven't completed the game yet, so for now, I'm giving it an 8.3/10.

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:23 AM Edited by badboy_zay, 24 August 2013 - 06:34 AM.

so, I've been playing it for a while now. thanks god it's getting better. some missions were well designed for stealth players, the first Grim's side opt for example.
the music is fantastic, suit the game perfectly in certain situation.
the customisation is fun, I love how I can customise Sam's badass outfit. the other customises like weapons and sh*t are useless for stealth players like Eagles said.
some side opt missions are ridiculous though, there is this mission where you have to survive waves of enemies, that kind of side missions always bored the living hell out of me.
Sam's new voice actor is really good, I'm sure he did his best to please the fan so you don't have to worry about "the Sam I knew is dead" or sh*t like that.

well, it's not a bad game after all. but still, I wouldn't say it's "amazing awesome" like some reviews out there gave it a 9.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

I hear this game is really tough on higher difficulties especially for stealth players. Cameras, dogs, motion detectors, snipers, searchlights, guards that can kill you in 2 shots etc.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

Yeah, dogs are a bitch. No pun intended. They smell you from 50m away and then track you down. So you have to keep moving, or if you have the option use a one of those sound distractor thingys.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:58 AM

I started playing the game right on Realistic for my first play through, will play perfectionist on second play through.

Even as a ghost, it is so tempting to go panther and take everyone out with the nice fluid motion. I usually play each mission with a variety of tactics, and it really is easy to switch your play style right on the fly and not only it is cool, it makes sense. It really gives you the tools, and you can do what ever you want with them.

Yea I agree, most ghost players will find some of the customizations a bit useless, but I consider it like a backup.

I was a little worried that you would get too much money to spend on the upgrades, but I was wrong. Some of them you can buy early on and some you can wait. Example is, by the 3rd campaign mission, I already had sonar goggles and a radar.

And about Sonar, they did a good job of balancing it out, it really does not feel that cheap, and there is multiple uses for it. I am also glad they brought back the limited ammo for the pistol.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:58 PM

I think a big problem people have with this game is that there still is no real incentive to "go ghost". I really wish there were objectives that could only be accomplished if you use stealth. Sure there are moments where you can't be detected and you can't take down any enemies, so you need to sneak past them. But I think they should have put objectives in the game where if you are detected in the mission at any time, that you can't accomplish them, and it ultimately effects the story. I really think if they did this, that people wouldn't have anything to complain about, at least when it comes to stealth.

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:39 PM

I bought this on release and I really like it.

I've only finished part of it and so far it's almost on part with Chaos Theory, which I consider the best game of the Xbox/PS2 generation. It's challenging and fun.

Although I can barely stand IGN anymore and their obsession with perfect graphics in every game, I will agree that the graphics in Blacklist could have been better. It's somewhat inconsistent; some parts of the screen and some textures look amazing, and then at the same time you'll have the character models looking much rougher. It's very noticeable, but doesn't detract from the experience, it's still one of the best games of the year so far.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:52 PM

Did they bring back enemy interrogations, hacking minigames, lockpicking and e-mail readings? Because those little things are what made Splinter Cell so enjoyable for me. Not flashy takedowns and shooting.

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 12:52)
Did they bring back enemy interrogations, hacking minigames, lockpicking and e-mail readings? Because those little things are what made Splinter Cell so enjoyable for me. Not flashy takedowns and shooting.

Unfortunately not. Ubisoft is more concerned about attracting the widest audience possible.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 17:52)

unfortunately...I have not ran across one of those things sad.gif

What is really disappointing is all the interrogations I have seen so far were in a god damn f*cking cutscene!!!! angry.gif

In Conviction, you could at least bash someone's head against a urinal..but it looks like they removed all forms of player controlled interrogation..

The computer hacking, does not open up any email..and no lockpicking, just open, peek under, and bash down the door.

About the interrogations, I saw there was gameplay scene that showed an interrogation being controlled, but I have not seen it yet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users