Photo

Splinter Cell: Blacklist

157 replies to this topic
suemary133
  • suemary133

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:09 AM

Damn. And when I heard there was a new game I got excited... not anymore...

Definitely sticking to my PS2 Splinter cells!

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:58 AM Edited by Doublepulse, 29 September 2012 - 04:38 AM.

Yea I don't know if they keep changing their minds about whether this is going to be a stealth game like the rest or follow the same path as conviction.

There is definitely proof to show they are not trying to keep the game to the real roots, but I'm not gonna lie, maybe in some ways they are right.. They feel the old formula was probably too strict on how things went, even at Chaos Theory, I mean the choice is good, to go a stealth route or an action route is something we need. But it is the gameplay mechanics that screw it it up. The old mechanics emphasized on stealth, meaning if you tried to go guns blazing in, you are not going to have an easy time, it is going to be rather difficult.

The real problem besides the game itself is everyone's definition of "Stealth-Action"..It is no doubt people have different approach on what they consider stealth.

I doubt they were really just admitting it, but trying to put it in a different perspective to understand why the games were not "enjoyable" to the mass audience.

It is kind of a shame this thread does not have the most updated gameplay, and I'm not trying to get everyone to just finally give in and buy it. But a lot of us should not always jump to conclusions about something with so little information just yet. It kind of shows how easy we change our minds at the last second biggrin.gif (Not saying it is a problem though)

But unless this was posted before.. Here is a "Ghost-playthrough" of the demo stage to show we do indeed still can ghost.. AND HIDING BODIES IS BACK!

Here is Max's definition of a "Ghost"

I was looking through the Ubisoft forums and they said there is 3 types of gameplay in Blacklist.

Ghost- All stealth, your classic Sam Fisher
Panther- A mix of both Stealth and Action, you are stealthy, but take a more aggressive approach.
Action- No stealth at all.

I do agree, no Ironside is a big let down for me, he is the heart of the character and you cannot change that..But from what I was hearing, Michael Ironside actually chose to leave. He did not feel comfortable with the motion capturing and he has done it for a long time.

If I can find the 2 sources about the 3 types of gameplay and Michael Ironside leaving, I will post them.

A little about the 3 styles:

EDIT 2: : Here are the confirmed features of black list at this moment.

Splinter Cell: Black List Features

Story

Blacklist, takes place after Conviction in story chronology. Sam Fisher is the head of Fourth Echelon, and directly reports to the President of the United States. The primary mission of 4th Echelon, as assigned by the president, is to shutdown all current operations being conducted by Third Echelon and their agents. While conducting this primary mission, a group of 12 terrorists initiate a terror ultimatum called the Blacklist - a deadly countdown of escalating terrorist attacks on United States interests. Reason being, these 12 have had enough of the United States global military presence in two thirds of the countries around the world. In turn, Sam and his team must hunt down these terrorist by any means necessary, and stop the Blacklist countdown before it reaches zero. Splinter Cell Blacklist sees the return of Anna 'Grim' Grímsdóttir as well as the addition of new characters such as Isaac Briggs, and Charlie Cole.

Gameplay Features

New Features on Black List

Play-Styles: There are three main play styles that will be featured in Blacklist. Ghost, Panther (agro-stealth) and Action. You will be rewarded based on how well you dedicate yourself to whichever path you choose. [Screenshot: Ghost play-style] [Video: Ghost play-style, Action play-style]
Choice: Except for a few tutorials and certain story-driven moments that may take the decision out of player's hands, the player can get through the entire game without registering a kill.
Killing In Motion: Blacklist got KIM "Killing In Motion" which enables the player to M&E on the move.
Active Sprint: It enables the player with the push of a button to run or jump over obstacles and terrains in one swift and fluid animation.
4th Echelon Support: Sam can call support like Air Strikes, or ask Grim to take out the lights so he can sneak by, it is not scripted you can use it or not, it is totally optional and up to you.
Tactical Cross Bow: it is kinda similar to the launcher function of the old SC-20K, it can be equipped with Electric Bolts & other bolts.
Breaching: it seems SCB got new ways to breach doors, like Planting a Bomb which also enables the player to earn a M&E token.
Economy System: SCB has an economy system that connects between SP, Co-Op, and MP, meaning you are earning money always and using it for customization, you can upgrade your plane, your goggles, your gear, your gadgets, your weapon, or your Adversarial Character, you need to be perfectionist with whatever style you play with to earn more money, for example if you are playing Action then to earn more money you need to do more headshots or take out 3 guards with a grenade, you can use the money to buy boots that don't make any sound if you are playing stealthy, or if you are playing actiony you can buy bulletproof vests or packs to all you to carry more frag grenades.
Suits: there are multiple suit, each corresponding to the play style, so it is different visually, like a Stealth Suit is more sleek.
Environment: Blacklist is going to have interior, exterior, nighttime, daylight, different weather – moments that are going to look amazing.
The Plane ((Osprey)): After the intro finishes, you get handed the keys of your plane, Paladin. Your team is in there and that's a playable hub. You can walk around there and talk with different characters. At the center of the playable hub is the SMI – the Strategic Mission Interface. That allows you to decide which missions you want to do.

Classic Features that back on Black List

Abduction: it is similar to the corner grab of SCDA.
Lethal and Non Lethal Takedowns: when you equip the knife then your takedown is lethal, when you un-equip it your takedown is non lethal. Active sprint does not include takedowns.
Night Vision and Thermal Vision: They are back, the goggles can be upgraded in a cumulative, in the sense that you can overlay these things.
Light & Shadow System: It is similar to SCDA, there is a light on Sam's back that lits when you are in shadows.
Carrying Bodies: Sam regains the ability to carrying and hiding bodies. [Proof: Screenshot Link]
Repelling: Repelling is back. [Proof: Screenshot Link] You can repel inverted.
Dogs: they are back & more dangerous.
Whistling: Whistling is back as well.
Spies vs. Mercs mode is back.

Features that excluded from Conviction

Black & White Filter: The black and white filter from Conviction has been removed.
Foul Language: The enemies no longer curse a lot. [speculation based on the AI behavior in the demo].

Weapons, Gadgets and Other Equipments

Weapons:

Melee
Karambit Knife- The Tiger's Claw-A Curved Blade designed to be Quick,Versatile,and Deadly.

Handguns
Five-Seven- Custom Built to Sam's Specifications,with an Integrated Suppressor and Deadly Accuracy.Holds 20 Rounds.

Assault Rifles
M416- Capable of laying down 850 Rounds of 5.65MM Ammo Per Minute.Attached is an Under-Mounted Launcher.

Explosives
Frag Grenade- Standard M67 Fragmentation Grenade.
Breach Charge- Capable of Breaching through Doors and Eliminating Hostiles on the other side.Remote Detonated.

Gadgets/Gear:
OPSAT-Real-Time Data Integration with Field Intel Collection,4TH Echelon Comms and the Onboard SMI Analytics Engine.
Sonar Goggles-Cutting Edge Wideband Pulse Gear with Wall-Penetrating Capability.

Link- http://forums.ubi.co...cklist-Features

There are some other neat threads on there. Also a new trailer was released 2 days ago, pretty cool regardless.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Friday, Nov 30 2012, 16:18)

It looks good! icon14.gif
I don't care what people say, I liked Conviction!

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

That was cool. But still, they f*cked up Splinter Cell so badly with Conviction. I mean the story. It was a mess. Continuing from that seems pointless. They should forget about Conviction like it never existed and give Double Agent a proper sequel. Or make a prequel to Splinter Cell.

But the best thing they could do is reboot the series with a new character since Ironside isn't voicing Sam anymore and his voice is epic.

And they should bring back interrogations during abductions.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

RELEASING ON AUGUST 23.

gta_fan28
  • gta_fan28

Boy Cute

• Members

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Friday, Jan 18 2013, 18:18)
RELEASING ON AUGUST 23.

We have to wait seven months for this game? I thought the release date is march?

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (gta_fan28 @ Friday, Jan 18 2013, 11:50)
QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Friday, Jan 18 2013, 18:18)
RELEASING ON AUGUST 23.

We have to wait seven months for this game? I thought the release date is march?

It got delayed.
Probably didn't want to compete with GTA 5.

gta_fan28
  • gta_fan28

Boy Cute

• Members

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Friday, Jan 18 2013, 20:04)
[QUOTE=gta_fan28,Friday, Jan 18 2013, 11:50] [QUOTE=theomenofficial,Friday, Jan 18 2013, 18:18] RELEASING ON AUGUST 23.
We have to wait seven months for this game? I thought the release date is march? [/QUOTE]
It got delayed.
Probably didn't want to compete with GTA 5.

Too bad I'm too excited about this game... I like conviction too even though most the long time fans don't like the big changed of the series. But now this new installment seems like the classic Splinter Cell Style especially the Stealth Suit of Sam is back.. So the if reason why ubisoft delay this game and move on Aug release cause they don't want to compete in GTAV like u just said? Does this mean GTAV will not get delay and 100% sure release this Spring?

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (gta_fan28 @ Friday, Jan 18 2013, 16:20)
So the if reason why ubisoft delay this game and move on Aug release cause they don't want to compete in GTAV like u just said? Does this mean GTAV will not get delay and 100% sure release this Spring?

That's what I think.
The developers are smart.
They are releasing a few months after GTA V because by then people will build money for another game. sly.gif

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

Ghost all the way. Can't wait.

gta_fan28
  • gta_fan28

Boy Cute

• Members

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Friday, Jan 18 2013, 23:28)
QUOTE (gta_fan28 @ Friday, Jan 18 2013, 16:20)
So the if reason why ubisoft delay this game and move on Aug release cause they don't want to compete in GTAV like u just said? Does this mean GTAV will not get delay and 100% sure release this Spring?

That's what I think.
The developers are smart.
They are releasing a few months after GTA V because by then people will build money for another game. sly.gif

Ok let see in april or may...Back to the topic... And also in this new game they bring back the non lethal and lethal attack like in Chaos Theory. It's good to know that their bringing back that important feature in this series which was absent in Conviction.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

Hopefully they'll add more real Splinter Cell features like lockpicking, hacking and interrogating. Those can be considered mini-games I believe. And I loved them. I hear that Spies vs Mercs will return. That's awesome.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

That is 7 months to improve and add things that the die hardcore fans want. Still, I think the fans would want Ironside back the most out of all things.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

QUOTE (uNi @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 03:09)
All I want is a co-op mode like in Chaos.

Yes, yes, yes. That would be magical.

gta_fan28
  • gta_fan28

Boy Cute

• Members

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE (Doublepulse @ Saturday, Jan 19 2013, 13:38)
That is 7 months to improve and add things that the die hardcore fans want. Still, I think the fans would want Ironside back the most out of all things.

For all I know Ironside is still in this project assisting the new actor but not doing the voice acting.. http://en.wikipedia...._Cell_Blacklist

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE (gta_fan28 @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 07:15)

For all I know Ironside is still in this project assisting the new actor but not doing the voice acting.. http://en.wikipedia...._Cell_Blacklist

Yea I already knew he was not gone from the project, but still people are going to miss hearing his voice as the voice actor.

gta_fan28
  • gta_fan28

Boy Cute

• Members

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE (Doublepulse @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 17:02)

Yea I already knew he was not gone from the project, but still people are going to miss hearing his voice as the voice actor.

Maybe, just maybe ok. If the long time fans petition to be Ironside do the voice acting of Sam. If you know the Hitman game and if you're following it on hitmanforum. The original voice of actor of Agent 47 and motion capture is David Bateson when IOI decided not to use David voice in the new installment Hitman Absolution fans are so upset to them and very angry, that's why the fans they made a petition thread where you can sign and comment for David to be the voice of Agent 47. IOI release a demo and hell the new voice actor is so terrible and sounds awful that's why IOI decided to bring David to do the voice acting of 47 because of the fans petition. Well, if the fans of splinter cell do what the hitman fans did maybe there's chance that Ubisoft might change their mind and decide Ironside to do the voice acting again of Sam instead of this new actor..

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

Ubisoft is lying through their teeth when they say that it was their decision not to include Ironside. The man said countless times that Conviction is his last one and he doesn't want to do it anymore.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (gta_fan28 @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 10:18)

Maybe, just maybe ok. If the long time fans petition to be Ironside do the voice acting of Sam. If you know the Hitman game and if you're following it on hitmanforum. The original voice of actor of Agent 47 and motion capture is David Bateson when IOI decided not to use David voice in the new installment Hitman Absolution fans are so upset to them and very angry, that's why the fans they made a petition thread where you can sign and comment for David to be the voice of Agent 47. IOI release a demo and hell the new voice actor is so terrible and sounds awful that's why IOI decided to bring David to do the voice acting of 47 because of the fans petition. Well, if the fans of splinter cell do what the hitman fans did maybe there's chance that Ubisoft might change their mind and decide Ironside to do the voice acting again of Sam instead of this new actor..

The Hitman thing was planned though.
They say that they "brought him back" but he was really with them all along! That one thing got everyone's hype back up!
I think they are doing the same for Splinter Cell.

gta_fan28
  • gta_fan28

Boy Cute

• Members

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 20:47)
QUOTE (gta_fan28 @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 10:18)

The Hitman thing was planned though.
They say that they "brought him back" but he was really with them all along! That one thing got everyone's hype back up!
I think they are doing the same for Splinter Cell.

Well I hope so. Cause Ironside voice acting is the heart and soul of Sam Fisher personality. Different voice actor will have different feeling in this new game..

Dobleh
  • Dobleh

Operative

• Members

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

user posted image

one of my most anticipated games this year!

J-B
  • J-B

Two Faced

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

So I'm a bit out of the loop on this game. I read in last month's GameInformer that you'll be able to upgrade Sam's abilities based on your play style or something like that.

Does that mean they've put more of an emphasis on stealth again ? I didn't get Conviction because it looked way too shootout heavy for a SC game, but if Blacklist goes back to the old style stealth then I'll consider getting it. The lack of Michael Ironside is gonna make Sam feel like a stranger, and that's gonna bug me if I do get this.

tuareg
  • tuareg

that aaaaain't workin, that's the way you do it

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

If Ironside was back i'd buy this without even thinking twice. I seriously would. But the lack of Ironside's voice acting is enough to put me off. The franchise lost the final touch that it still maintained even in Conviction. And after the disaster that was the last game my hopes are really low that they'll go back to the old formula even if there is a stealth option for missions. The only way it will feel anything like the old games is if the whole game was centered around stealth, but they can't do that in todays world of vidya gaems.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (tuareg @ Sunday, Mar 10 2013, 15:03)
If Ironside was back i'd buy this without even thinking twice. I seriously would. But the lack of Ironside's voice acting is enough to put me off. The franchise lost the final touch that it still maintained even in Conviction. And after the disaster that was the last game my hopes are really low that they'll go back to the old formula even if there is a stealth option for missions. The only way it will feel anything like the old games is if the whole game was centered around stealth, but they can't do that in todays world of vidya gaems.

BANG!

my thoughts exactly. Sure it looks good, but it looks just like another "stealth" bolt on to COD or battlefield.
I got a 100% score on the bank mission in CT - i only knocked out ONE guard (100%'s impossible if you leave him), didn't get seen or heard. Perfection. THAT is what splinter cell is - can you do that in conviction? No. You HAVE to kill everyone or they'll rape you later on.

Splinter cell died when Sam shot Lambert in the NYC basement.. DA was the final chapter in an epic series. I don't count conviction or Blacklist as cannon and it's sad that no one wants true stealth any more.

I can't stand the way Fisher moves in C or B - he moves like a wooden duck. The animation in CT/DA was much better, especially when near an enemy, his arms would come out for balance and he'd tiptoe.

Dobleh
  • Dobleh

Operative

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

I don't care what you guys say, but this new Splinter Cell looks awesome. I can't wait to play it!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

I agree. But people will complain because going stealth isn't as satisfying as it was in the first four games.

J-B
  • J-B

Two Faced

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

That gameplay looked pretty good and a whole lot better than Conviction. As long as they don't force you into assault scenarios for "cinematic" reasons too often and actually let you ghost/panther most of the time, then it should be cool.

I just wish this game wasn't coming out so close to V and the next gen launch. I probably won't be playing this till early next year. Too much good sh*t coming out this year.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

I thought the same thing. I'm probably going to hold off on any new consoles until next year, though, so this'll probably be a Christmas buy.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

It's shaping up rather nicely. I too am saddened that Ironside won't be returning, but he said numerous times that Conviction is his last one. He wanted to quit after Double Agent if I recall correctly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users