Photo

Splinter Cell: Blacklist

153 replies to this topic
gta_fan28
  • gta_fan28

Boy Cute

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (ozzman1 @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 02:13)
QUOTE (gta_fan28 @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 12:11)
But nobody is forcing you to like or buy the game.

-_- People need f*ck off with this line.
No sh*t we're not being forced to buy or like the game. We have the right to be pissed that Ubisoft made 4 top of the line stealth games, then turned around started making Splinters Creed minus every bit of stealth from the two.

If u don't like it then don't. I like stealth games with an action oriented feature like MGS and Hitman series. And for all I know Ubisoft bringing back the classic feature (Blacklist will be a mix of stealth and high-action gameplay, along with a hybrid of returning ideas as well as new ones. Sam will still be able to mark and execute, hang from ledges, move bodies (a feature absent from Conviction), and have access to his wide variety of gadgets, including the sticky shockers and snake cam.) It means u can complete the mission in a stealth way like Classic SC style or you can gun blazing.. It's your choice..

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:58 PM

Don't worry guys, I won't be buying the game. Maybe around Christmas, second hand, in the sales, for cheap. Splinter cell died with Conviction in my eyes. Double agent was a good game and remained splinter cell enough for me to like it

Blacklist though contradicts so many things. He's older but more agile, yet younger. He's the boss yet he's in the field. It's stealth with no stealth, you can move bodies but then Run and gun. It's like a classic splinter ell can had an argument with a cod fan and the designers overheard it.

I'm all for freedom and I will keep an eye on this; maybe the rest of the game is stealthy, maybe they'll drop Sam as a character maybe not. If I dont like it I wil not buy it, and mourn the loss of one of my all time favourite games.

Potato Boggle
  • Potato Boggle

Formerly ozzman1

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (gta_fan28 @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 14:32)
Classic SC style or you can gun blazing.. It's your choice..

If the guns blazing option is there it takes away from the stealth! You can just sprint around like a chicken with its dick cut off and shoot everybody when you get caught now. There was barely anything in conviction that resembled stealth and Blackdicks looks like it will follow.

Read what it says under the title
user posted image
Do the new Splinter Cells seem like anything close to "Stealth Action Redefined" to you?

All of the Tom Clancy games are going to sh*t. Ghost Recon turned into run'n'gun, Splinter Cell did away with almost everything from it's roots, and I'm guessing the new R6 will follow the trend.

gta_fan28
  • gta_fan28

Boy Cute

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (ozzman1 @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 04:01)
QUOTE (gta_fan28 @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 14:32)
Classic SC style or you can gun blazing.. It's your choice..

If the guns blazing option is there it takes away from the stealth! You can just sprint around like a chicken with its dick cut off and shoot everybody when you get caught now. There was barely anything in conviction that resembled stealth and Blackdicks looks like it will follow.

Read what it says under the title
user posted image
Do the new Splinter Cells seem like anything close to "Stealth Action Redefined" to you?

All of the Tom Clancy games are going to sh*t. Ghost Recon turned into run'n'gun, Splinter Cell did away with almost everything from it's roots, and I'm guessing the new R6 will follow the trend.

Whatever... confused.gif

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

soon to be dead

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

ozzman has a point. If you can run and gun through the whole game then what is the freaking point? while it's true you can be stealthy in conviction, there's really no penalty if you do choose to run and gun. But what do I know right? I guess actual brain usage is not allowed with this type of game anymore.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:50 PM

Okay, we get it, you don't like it. I understand. I hate how Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon have gone in a completely different direction than the original strategic gameplay. But that doesn't stop me from enjoying the new games. Because they're fun, regardless. Now f*ck off so the people who do like it don't have to read your asinine ramblings on why you think a game you've never played is bad.

Anyway. The one thing I didn't like about Conviction besides the feeling of being forced on some missions to go in guns blazing to pass a mission. (yeah I didn't care for it either, but I can look past that), was the shortness of the game. It felt like it just flew by. What I really hope returns is a mission like the Lincoln memorial where you chased the guy. It wasn't hard, but it changed up the gameplay, and made you feel like Jack Bauer.

gta_fan28
  • gta_fan28

Boy Cute

• Members

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:59 AM

@ozzyman1 and deathdealer. First of all if u don't like the new game then don't. You're criticizing it too much. This game is perfect for me cause I'm a more action oriented gamer but I also love stealth games. If you two have a complained then go to your nearest precinct or barangay and tell your complained there. wow.gif colgate.gif

Potato Boggle
  • Potato Boggle

Formerly ozzman1

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:26 AM

QUOTE (gta_fan28 @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 23:59)
@ozzyman1 and deathdealer. First of all if u don't like the new game then don't. You're criticizing it too much. This game is perfect for me cause I'm a more action oriented gamer but I also love stealth games. If you two have a complained then go to your nearest precinct or barangay and tell your complained there.   wow.gif   colgate.gif

Telling me to leave really? I can't stand people who tell others to get out of a thread just because they don't share the same opinion. Maybe I'll just stick around longer
The thread is for all discussion about the game, wether it's praise or criticism [/rant]

I actually was having high hopes for the game after hearing Sam was spotted in some sort of stealth suit pre-E3. I thought maybe it was returning to it's stealth roots. Shortly afterwards I saw Sam running and climbing around like a monkey even though he's 55 -_-. He seems to be becoming more agile with age!(makes sense)

Bad.boy!
  • Bad.boy!

SA modder

• Members

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (gta_fan28 @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 06:59)
@ozzyman1 and deathdealer. First of all if u don't like the new game then don't. You're criticizing it too much. This game is perfect for me cause I'm a more action oriented gamer but I also love stealth games. If you two have a complained then go to your nearest precinct or barangay and tell your complained there.  wow.gif   colgate.gif

Do you even know what stealth is?

Anyway I hope they don't give unlimited ammo as in conviction. And I hope their'll be more stealth than in the preview.

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

soon to be dead

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:43 AM Edited by deathdealer, 07 June 2012 - 07:49 AM.

QUOTE (gta_fan28 @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 04:59)
@ozzyman1 and deathdealer. First of all if u don't like the new game then don't. You're criticizing it too much. This game is perfect for me cause I'm a more action oriented gamer but I also love stealth games. If you two have a complained then go to your nearest precinct or barangay and tell your complained there.   wow.gif   colgate.gif

but this really is not a stealth game though. If you want an action game, go play gears of war or one of the many call of duties that are out there. what people seem to fail to comprehend is that people like myself don't want another action shooter, we want a stealth game.
admittly, the demo looked cool but why couldn't they just called it something else? I'm not saying it will be a garbage game but this is not a true splinter cell game. Hell, i wouldn't have know that it was a splinter cell game if the video wasn't titled that. Look, I'm not saying a series can't evolve but once you take away what it is, the core elements, then you might as well create something different then. The previous splinter cells made you feel like a badass when you complete a level without an alarm going off because sometimes it was tough to do. There was an actual challenge but now all you have to do is press one or two buttons to win with no challenge at all.

I apologize though. I'm sorry that I won't mindlessly give in to this bullsh*t and i'm sorry that I cared about a series so much that I had to air my greivences. Like i said before, i guess any kind of thinking is prohibited in this day in age. It all about pressing "x" button to win, instant gratification for all!

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:13 AM

Heh what ever happen to playing the game for fun regardless it is stealth or not? I hate to say it, those who stick with the franchise through the good and bad times are the real fans biggrin.gif . Ofcourse in order to do that we need to adapt to change. The honest truth is, and this goes for any gamer, if the game is FUN and enjoyable then we are going to play it.

I respect everyone's opinion about it, but sometimes people take it waaay too seriously, but maybe all critics are going to take it serious, I just don't have the full answer to that..

As for the problems I see affecting the stealth in this game, it is not about Sam being a 18 year old in a 50 year old body with amazing agility..It isn't about adding the option to run and gun everything..Hell I could run and gun in first game once you got the SC3000 (If that is the name of the staple assault rifle).

The main problem is the unlimited ammo like Bad Boy said. With limited ammo, if gave you more of a second thought to decide whether you want to conserve your ammo or not. If you think about Conviction and everything they "removed" or "Simplified" to be a little easier..you will find out they did not take much of the big important things away but it did make a significant difference on what the game felt like. Some said hiding bodies is gone, in reality it isn't since you can use human shield to take them into the shadows.

I could come up with a list of everything they removed, but I think anyone who played atleast 1-2 games prior to Conviction will know what they removed.

locolow2011
  • locolow2011

Rock on

• Members

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:09 AM

If being a real Splinter Cell fan means to mindlessly buy every new game that comes out regardless of quality or actually being anything like the Splinter Cell games that i like, then i guess i'm not a real fan.

Ubisoft has a lot of good things but one thing they don't have is integrity, they don't know when to stop.

gta_fan28
  • gta_fan28

Boy Cute

• Members

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (ozzman1 @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 13:26)
QUOTE (gta_fan28 @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 23:59)

Telling me to leave really? I can't stand people who tell others to get out of a thread just because they don't share the same opinion. Maybe I'll just stick around longer
The thread is for all discussion about the game, wether it's praise or criticism [/rant]

I actually was having high hopes for the game after hearing Sam was spotted in some sort of stealth suit pre-E3. I thought maybe it was returning to it's stealth roots. Shortly afterwards I saw Sam running and climbing around like a monkey even though he's 55 -_-. He seems to be becoming more agile with age!(makes sense)

But we don't need a douchbag complainers like u.... devil.gif All u can do is complained and criticize the game. The game ins't even out yet the way u complain it seems you know the game very well. Ofcourse it's a demo they show a more action approach than stealth. But that doesn't mean the game was all about action gun blazing.
Like when IOI released some demo of Hitman: Absolution they show more action and gun blazing approach that's why most of the hardcore fans are so upset and very angry on IOI they think the game will be like SC Conviction but when they a released another gameplay were the player have a choice how to approach the target and there are variety of ways to complete the mission. Just like the traditional Hitman style. That's why this game is not for u cause u don't need to be here. But if you're here just complained and criticize the game then f*ck YOU!!!! And other members like you who don't like this game. angry.gif

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:49 AM

a couple of things:

1 - we have every right to post in here our thoughts on the game, if we dont like it we have as much right to post in here saying so than anyone does to say they do. So f*ck telling us to f*ck off because you disagree with us.

2 - "real fans" are the ones who stick by it despite the changes? Really? No, real fans are the ones who bought the first four games, the ones who made the serie sucessful, the ones who gave it life, then ubisoft decide they wasnt to rape it into something it's not, we HAVE to like it, because someone said so? No that's not what a real fan is.
Take GTA for example, something we can all relate to here. It has elements in every game that are the same. Rockstars humour, the well designed city, the freedom etc. Imagine if they took all that out. Imagine if GTA V was like Driver 1, you couldnt get out of your car, R*s humour was gone, the story was crap, and it was just go here steal a car - for everymission. By that logic, the REAL GTA fans would stick by that, hell lets go extreme. GTA V involves you in one car. You cant get out. The whole game is you chasing the same car. No story. No speech. Nothin, just a racing game. Real fans would have to love that.
Fifa, EA turn that into a First person shooter. True fans should love it because its Fifa.
Bullsh*t.

Splinter Cell IS the first few games. Conviction was good but it was NOT tuely Splinter Cell. It's a spin off. Splinter cell is you being an elite government agent, inserted into the field to gather intelligence and prevent terrorist attacks. You use darkness to your advantage, you sneak around, avoiding conflict when you can. Sneaking past two guards, leaving them alone, and not being seen is a hell of a lot more tense than running and gunning. The first few games had a style that's been abandoned. The core gameplay is gone.

As people have said, blacklist looks good but it is NOT splinter cell. It's a spin off. Ubisoft should rename the francise. 3E is gone. Lambert is dead (Lambert and Sam's exchanges were pricesless, and his death i could go with. I still remember what sam said in the PS2 Double agent at that point "Sorry old friend". and in DA on the xbox, when i had the choice to shoot lambert i f*cking felt it.
This new splinter cell doesnt make much sense, it doesnt look or feel like splinter cell. There's so much they could do with it yet they havn't

gta_fan28
  • gta_fan28

Boy Cute

• Members

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:01 AM Edited by gta_fan28, 07 June 2012 - 11:03 AM.

QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 18:49)
a couple of things:

1 - we have every right to post in here our thoughts on the game, if we dont like it we have as much right to post in here saying so than anyone does to say they do. So f*ck telling us to f*ck off because you disagree with us.

2 - "real fans" are the ones who stick by it despite the changes? Really? No, real fans are the ones who bought the first four games, the ones who made the serie sucessful, the ones who gave it life, then ubisoft decide they wasnt to rape it into something it's not, we HAVE to like it, because someone said so? No that's not what a real fan is.
Take GTA for example, something we can all relate to here. It has elements in every game that are the same. Rockstars humour, the well designed city, the freedom etc. Imagine if they took all that out. Imagine if GTA V was like Driver 1, you couldnt get out of your car, R*s humour was gone, the story was crap, and it was just go here steal a car - for everymission. By that logic, the REAL GTA fans would stick by that, hell lets go extreme. GTA V involves you in one car. You cant get out. The whole game is you chasing the same car. No story. No speech. Nothin, just a racing game. Real fans would have to love that.
Fifa, EA turn that into a First person shooter. True fans should love it because its Fifa.
Bullsh*t.

Splinter Cell IS the first few games. Conviction was good but it was NOT tuely Splinter Cell. It's a spin off. Splinter cell is you being an elite government agent, inserted into the field to gather intelligence and prevent terrorist attacks. You use darkness to your advantage, you sneak around, avoiding conflict when you can. Sneaking past two guards, leaving them alone, and not being seen is a hell of a lot more tense than running and gunning. The first few games had a style that's been abandoned. The core gameplay is gone.

As people have said, blacklist looks good but it is NOT splinter cell. It's a spin off. Ubisoft should rename the francise. 3E is gone. Lambert is dead (Lambert and Sam's exchanges were pricesless, and his death i could go with. I still remember what sam said in the PS2 Double agent at that point "Sorry old friend". and in DA on the xbox, when i had the choice to shoot lambert i f*cking felt it.
This new splinter cell doesnt make much sense, it doesnt look or feel like splinter cell. There's so much they could do with it yet they havn't

I'm telling u to f*ck off cause you complained and criticizing it too much. Are u happy now? Then why the f*ck you're here if u don't like this game? Just to criticize it? You criticize the game too much what the f*ck does this game ever do to u ha? You're such a LOSER u know that? Whatever you say whatever you do Ubisoft won't change it just because u and others like u don't like the new feature. icon13.gif Mag sama2x kau mga GAGO!!!

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:06 AM

@gta_fan28, stop acting like a prick and telling members to f*ck off because they share a different opinion than you.

I see no problems with members criticizing the game in a constructive manner just as long they're not being a dick about it.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:34 AM Edited by Mokrie Dela, 07 June 2012 - 11:37 AM.

QUOTE (Seddo @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 11:06)
I see no problems with members criticizing the game in a constructive manner just as long they're not being a dick about it.

Boom. You have it from a mod, now grow up.

And yeah, ok i have criticised it, but i am able to be objective. I can see some good things about it. I will admit it looks good, they seem to have brought back the sticky shocker, but they have left out too much for me to say it looks good overall. The series has forgotten what it is, and that makes the game "shallow" and "flat" to use Michael Ironsides words. I get the impression that even he disagreed with it.

Hell even tom clancy has had some documented disagreements with the game - the most well known one was his claim that trifocal goggles were not realistic, and you couldnt have NV and IR in the same one - then a company made it for real.

Splinter Cell - those two words alone trigger the image in my head of the stealth genre, the goggles, the legacy of the games.
This new game, while i will admit looks like a very good game, should not have the words "splinter Cell" on it.

And btw gtafan, "Whatever you say whatever you do Ubisoft won't change it just because u and others like u don't like the new feature" Ok, i'm not expecting them to, BUT THEY HAVE IN THE PAST!

Remember the ORIGINAL Conviction? The one with same with long hair and a beard? A lot of fans said they didnt like it, so Ubisoft, allegedly, scrapped it and started again. I personally think they did that because of the similarities with AC, but they have - apparantley - once listened to the fans. I dont expect them to now, because the bulk of the games market are whooed by the graphics and the COD style (i'm aware that's an inaccurate generalisation), they see a game with guns and go ooh.

There's a reason Ironside no longer is voicing sam, and i dont think it's because they want to capture audio and movement simultaniously. He voiced the cartoon batman ffs. I think he left because they have no integrety, and he felt the script was poor.

The Wereodile
  • The Wereodile

Everyone is dumb.

• Members

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:47 AM Edited by The Wereodile, 07 June 2012 - 02:28 PM.

Well, I actually liked Conviction quite a bit for what it was, a pretty damn good action/stealth game. I just wish they went back to their roots with this one so we could get a game as good as Chaos Theory, which is easily the best in the series. The lack of Ironside is pretty disappointing to say the least. I just thought they hadn't recorded his lines yet for the demo so they were just using a placeholder voice. I guess not. confused.gif The voice doesn't really fit his look if you ask me.

At this point in time, I think I may be skipping this game, at least until it's much much cheaper. Especially since a certain other game is going to be released in Spring 2013. wink.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 03:34)
And yeah, ok i have criticised it, but i am able to be objective. I can see some good things about it. I will admit it looks good, they seem to have brought back the sticky shocker, but they have left out too much for me to say it looks good overall. The series has forgotten what it is, and that makes the game "shallow" and "flat" to use Michael Ironsides words. I get the impression that even he disagreed with it.

But you're not being objective. Objectivity would be that you see the game for what it is, and not for what you want it to be. You're whole basis for why you hate Conviction and Blacklist (even though you haven't played it), is that it's not like your predetermined notion of what a Splinter Cell game should be.

MrAfro77
  • MrAfro77

I love bewbies

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

I was personally hoping they would reveal rainbow six patriots but splinter is my second favorite tom clany series im excited for this one play conviction on the 360 and it was hella fun, I really do hope they bring back spy vs spy as well as spy vs merc, im adding black list to my list of must buys

Bad.boy!
  • Bad.boy!

SA modder

• Members

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 19:22)

But you're not being objective. Objectivity would be that you see the game for what it is, and not for what you want it to be. You're whole basis for why you hate Conviction and Blacklist (even though you haven't played it), is that it's not like your predetermined notion of what a Splinter Cell game should be.

He is being objective, he based everything on what he saw in the demo. It could be different but still, ubisoft only showed us that part of the game.

I agree with Mokrie Dela. Have you guys even played the first splinter cell's? This game looks nothing like it. I liked conviction, although it was different from the rest of the series. But this looks just too different.

On the other hand there are some things that look good, the graphics, Sam cutting a tent open (maybe there is some stealth left), "hey you", and the sticky shocker. But that's about it.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE (Bad.boy! @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 18:44)
QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 19:22)

He is being objective, he based everything on what he saw in the demo. It could be different but still, ubisoft only showed us that part of the game.

I agree with Mokrie Dela. Have you guys even played the first splinter cell's? This game looks nothing like it. I liked conviction, although it was different from the rest of the series. But this looks just too different.

On the other hand there are some things that look good, the graphics, Sam cutting a tent open (maybe there is some stealth left), "hey you", and the sticky shocker. But that's about it.

Yea Conviction had "few" of the old elements but felt waaay to different from the old games..part of it could of been the game engine, but Im not sure.

When I played Conviction and then Chaos Theory, and went back to Conviction. I cannot adapt and compare the two. Almost if I am confused.

Ofcourse you don't need to be a "real fan" to buy every game, that was not put out there very well, maybe because I don't know how to explain it well. I guess it is just giving it a chance and trying to understand why they made those changes in a business perspective.

But I will say again without naming anyone, some of the people sure take this waay too seriously so early on tounge.gif .

The game is definitely going to be "different", in that entire demo I did not take notice of one shadow you can hide from. I also noticed that the enemies were sort of lined up for you to "mark and execute".

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:58 PM

I have also stated I'll keep an eye on this - perhaps the demo was a level like Kinshasa in DA. You could be stealthy in that. Maybe I am Wong and the game will be stealthy. But my biggest problem is the lack of Ironside - ubisoft should be using a new character, and the leader of 4E would not be in the field either

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:10 PM

So I just found something:
CLICK HERE

Look on the right hand side, on the screen in front of sam

"ANGEL FIRE DLC" - "Watch the DLC trailer here"

So they've done what other devs are doing - removing content already made to sell later?!

Another reason im against this game

EDIT - double post sorry. damnit i usually dont do that :@

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 03:12)
QUOTE (nlitement @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 17:53)
I'm surprised by the amount of positive comments this is receiving. Maxime Beland and his buddies at Ubisoft ruined the franchise.

See this thread to understand it:
http://forums.ubi.co...-stealth-gaming

So because it's no longer completely focused on stealth means it's bad? Look dude, just because a game isn't what you want it to be doesn't make it bad. I bet if they kept the game mostly stealth people would complain that Ubisoft hates action, and is putting out boring games.

I guarantee you there is nobody in this thread who has played all of the Splinter Cell games more than me. Up until I had to trade my Xbox 360 with a harddrive that supports backward compatibility (about a month ago) I played all of the games regularly. I love the original style Splinter Cell games. I love Conviction as well. There is nothing wrong with enjoying both.

I'm with you on this... I haven't played since the very first game (I started when Chaos Theory came out) but I like all of them. Double Agent is still my favorite but not necessarily because of the stealth. Conviction was a little too gun-ho I suppose but I think this next one is toning that down a bit. Those of you complaining need to understand that there are not a lot of plain old stealth games out there anymore. They don't appeal to enough people. Look at Hitman for example.

EDIT: I'm 100% sure all of the people saying they are "against" the game will buy it anyway. Otherwise they wouldn't be in here complaining.

jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 02:49)
a couple of things:

Bullsh*t.

This man speaks the truth.
This is the only Splinter Cell game I've skipped out on, and it looks like if the series has a future, I'm not getting involved in it.

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:20 AM

Yep. I thought they'd ditch the conviction formula, but we're not getting the old splinter cell back it seems. That and the fact that Ironside isn't voicing Sam makes it a COMPLETELY different game even to convition.

May be a buy, may be not, but it definitely doesn't seem like it thus far.

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Wednesday, Jun 13 2012, 06:10)
So I just found something:
CLICK HERE

Look on the right hand side, on the screen in front of sam

"ANGEL FIRE DLC" - "Watch the DLC trailer here"

So they've done what other devs are doing - removing content already made to sell later?!

Another reason im against this game

EDIT - double post sorry. damnit i usually dont do that :@

also, Grim's face scared the sh*t out of me

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:46 PM Edited by Gtaghost22, 28 September 2012 - 10:49 PM.

Ubisoft finally admits...
Splinter Cell isn't a stealth game series anymore:
http://www.dsogaming...h-game-anymore/
Well, we all knew that the latest Splinter Cell game was not a stealth game. The E3 demo proved what most of us feared. Ubisoft attempted to streamline the experience and introduce a lot of action sequences in order to attract more gamers to it. Naturally, the French company tried to convince everyone that this was still the Splinter Cell game they knew and fell in love with. However, the company revealed at the Eurogamer Expo event that the franchise is no longer centeredaround its stealth roots.
Speaking to Eurogamer , Splinter Cell Blacklist director David Footman said that the game is now focused on three elements – stealth, action and adventure:

“Previous Splinter Cell title, Conviction was a pretty big change for the brand, to stealth-action. [And] in terms of ensemble cast and everything else about our story, we’re stealth-action-adventure now.
We’ve gone from being a big game to a monster game. If you want to come out witha big Hollywood movie in the summer time, if you’re not a big blockbuster -  you’re not going to get seen. It’s very competitive now, it takes out the whole middle ground. You really need to know what space you’re competing in. It’s deep and it’s broad.”

What really shocked us though was Footman’s later claim. Footman stated that although Ubisoft knows its roots, they went ahead and evolved this franchise into something more than that.

“We definitely know our roots, being stealth,realism, having Sam Fisher at the core of it. But like every branded franchise, it is evolving.”

And that’s the biggest issue of Splinter Cell: Blacklist in our opinion. You see Footman, Splinter Cell would not be as recognized as it is today, if it was – back in the days – another generic third-person game with some stealthelements thrown in it. Splinter Cell was made a successful franchise because it focused on specific things. It was a game for a niche market, believe it or not. It became a monstergame thanks to its stealth elements and not because of its action sequences. It’s like saying that Thief 4 should be more action packed because most gamers these days want to buy the next COD title. No, that’s just wrong.
What’s even funnier here is that Ubisoft had stated - a couple of months ago – that Blacklist was going back to its roots. However, that’s not the case and you better realize it Splinter Cell fans. When the game’s director tells you that the game is evolving, you know that it won’t resemble its previous parts. Yes, a stealth pathway will be present but the game won’t be built around this crucial element.
It’s sad, because Ubisoft has a chance to redeem itself for Conviction. And instead of going back to the franchise’s roots, they’re trying to appease to as many gamers as possible. And that will be the downfall of Splinter Cell, as the same thing happened to the Ghost Recon series. And even though Splinter Cell: Blacklist won’t be the Splinter Cellgame we’ve always dreamed of, at least we can appreciate Footman being honest with us. Truth hurts, no doubt about that. However, we’d take it over the usual PR crap we’ve been hearing lately any time. So kudos to Footman for spilling the beans.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:15 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 29 September 2012 - 01:22 AM.

Scandal... rolleyes.gif

EDIT: Sorry, that's a little spammy. Once again, just because a game isn't as good, or what you expect, doesn't mean it's bad. Conviction wasn't bad, maybe in a narrow mind it was, and I highly doubt this will be. I agree, I'd rather have an old school Splinter Cell, and if that doesn't happen, then fine. But on that fact alone, I wont judge Blacklist.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users