» «
Photo

Splinter Cell: Blacklist

157 replies to this topic
gta_fan28
  • gta_fan28

Boy Cute

• Members

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:08 PM Edited by gta_fan28, 06 June 2012 - 05:38 AM.

E3 2012: Splinter Cell Blacklist Announced
http://www.ign.com/a...klist-announced

Ubisoft revealed Splinter Cell: Blacklist today at Microsoft’s E3 press conference. In this entry of the Splinter Cell series, Sam Fisher returns and is placed into the dangerous region along the Iran-Iraq border. There, a group of rogue nations plots to bring the war to America after years of conflict and occupation.

The combat is fast, furious and brutal. Fisher uses both melee attacks and gunplay to take out targets “quickly and fluidly.” Kinect integration can be used to call unaware enemy soldiers over to you to launch surprise attacks.

Strategic Mission Interface – or SMI – is an in-game operating system designed to help Fisher make decisions and complete objectives on the battlefield. Mark and Execute also makes its return from previous Splinter Cell titles.

The classic adversarial multiplayer mode Spies vs. Mercs also makes its return to the Splinter Cell franchise after its notable absence in Conviction.

user posted image

Tyler
  • Tyler

I couldn't possibly comment

• NATO
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:10 PM

I'm glad the series is going back to it's stealth roots.

gta_fan28
  • gta_fan28

Boy Cute

• Members

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:24 PM Edited by gta_fan28, 04 June 2012 - 05:28 PM.

Here's some more new screenshot of Splinter Cell Black list
user posted imageuser posted image

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

Splinter Cell Blacklist will be released in Spring 2013 on Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC.

So happy it's coming back to PS3.

Kippers
  • Kippers

おっぱい

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

Too excited for this. Always been a fan of the series. A great reveal icon14.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

The gameplay looks like a mix between Conviction, and what we have seen from Assassin's Creed III.

My only concern is the lack of the voice talents of Michael Ironside. He is Sam Fisher if you ask me.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:50 PM

It seems pretty much exactly the same as conviction, which I didnt think was really a popular game.

Though I enjoyed it, the shooting was probably the worst out of any game, I think they did this on purpose though to give you mark and execute as a valued feature.

So if they make the shooting more like it was on the Iraq war flashback level, I may buy it.

The spinning elbow to the back of the head melee was really f*cking cool and satisfying though.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:20 PM

Yeah, my last play through of Conviction I tried to play with less Mark and Execute. It wasn't as bad as I though, it was actually easier in parts. Mainly the D.C. and White House areas. I just hope they make it more accessible, and rewarding to play it stealthily. Where as Conviction it was harder to play stealthily, but it felt like most of the time they were forcing you to shoot people.

tuareg
  • tuareg

that aaaaain't workin, that's the way you do it

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:26 PM

Will bu upon release. I just hope they pull it off better than Conviction.

shinsta312
  • shinsta312

Sypher|INFINITE

• Members

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:05 AM

Debut Trailer @ E3 2012

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:33 AM

so... Sam is nearly 60 now and he is faster and stronger than a 18 years old
mark and execute return, health regeneration still there. and now you don't need to shoot anyone anymore, just press a button and you is a hardcore gamer in this game.
seriously wtf? I love SC series, this one look nice but it has been heavily casualize. it's like watching the game than playing it

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:17 AM

So glad they've incorporated real life events into it and aren't just demonising the Latin Americans again.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:32 AM

Im a bit disappointed that Michael Ironside is not voice actor for Sam Fisher anymore, but I am not angry about it either. It will just take some adapting to it, but it is not going to be an easy task.

For video games, you cannot always change the voice actor without changing the character because he is the character. He built that character in him and he knows it best. We get used to voice and began to like it. Sam had that deep voice you know you would be scared of if he came behind you with a knife. The new actor for Sam does not really sound like him. Most the time with the games all we have to recognize the character with is the voice.

On the good part of it though, I respect Michael Ironside as he seems pretty cool about the decision and is helping the "new" Sam out in getting the character right.

gta_fan28
  • gta_fan28

Boy Cute

• Members

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:14 AM

Here's a Demo Gameplay

jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:13 AM

This looks like a glorified SP: Conviction expansion pack, and this isn't the Sam Fisher I know and love, but I really shouldn't judge until I see more of the game.

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:53 AM

I'm surprised by the amount of positive comments this is receiving. Maxime Beland and his buddies at Ubisoft ruined the franchise.

See this thread to understand it:
http://forums.ubi.co...-stealth-gaming

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:31 AM

scale. down. the. fudging. image. please
i have to sidescroll and I have a 17 inch monitor

uNi
  • uNi

instantrum

• None

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:09 AM

All I want is a co-op mode like in Chaos.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE (nlitement @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 17:53)
I'm surprised by the amount of positive comments this is receiving. Maxime Beland and his buddies at Ubisoft ruined the franchise.

So because it's no longer completely focused on stealth means it's bad? Look dude, just because a game isn't what you want it to be doesn't make it bad. I bet if they kept the game mostly stealth people would complain that Ubisoft hates action, and is putting out boring games.

I guarantee you there is nobody in this thread who has played all of the Splinter Cell games more than me. Up until I had to trade my Xbox 360 with a harddrive that supports backward compatibility (about a month ago) I played all of the games regularly. I love the original style Splinter Cell games. I love Conviction as well. There is nothing wrong with enjoying both.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 08:12)
QUOTE (nlitement @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 17:53)

So because it's no longer completely focused on stealth means it's bad? Look dude, just because a game isn't what you want it to be doesn't make it bad. I bet if they kept the game mostly stealth people would complain that Ubisoft hates action, and is putting out boring games.

I guarantee you there is nobody in this thread who has played all of the Splinter Cell games more than me. Up until I had to trade my Xbox 360 with a harddrive that supports backward compatibility (about a month ago) I played all of the games regularly. I love the original style Splinter Cell games. I love Conviction as well. There is nothing wrong with enjoying both.

That was well said, sir!

I think it is little too early to say whether there will be more stealth or action right now. Different audiences are going to hear different things. From what I heard is that we can modify Sam's suit based on however we like to play. Whether it is action or stealth, so that gets a plus for me. I am all about choice and most of the splinter cell games offered that ability.

I think the major improvement from all the games was the AI and alarm system (even though the AI could be a tad smarter now,)

Because it has got better, the Mark and Execute and last known position really spice up the game more. The alarm system was pretty much almost removed if Im correct.. Realistically, if you set off an alarm like 3 times, it shouldn't just give you "Mission Failed".

If there is another thing I want back though, it is the wall split jump. That was always awesome for me. tounge2.gif Especially the first game in the police station biggrin.gif .

locolow2011
  • locolow2011

Rock on

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:17 AM

f*ck this, i ain't getting this game, no Ironside= no Fisher.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:36 AM

QUOTE (nlitement @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 09:53)

Wow. What a bunch of f*cking morons. Them and whoever assigned them to Splinter Cell.

Also jesus christ how bloody old is Sam Fisher? Considering they switched his voice actor they should have just had Michael Ironside as Sam Fisher mentor a new guy at the start of the game which would make a whole lot more sense.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Monday, Jun 4 2012, 18:25)
Splinter Cell Blacklist will be released in Spring 2013 on Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC.

So happy it's coming back to PS3.

Me too, the game looks amazing so far, i just hope they will focus more on stealth this time

gta_fan28
  • gta_fan28

Boy Cute

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

Here's great preview of E3 2012: Splinter Cell Blacklist - Fearing Sam Fisher http://www.ign.com/a...ring-sam-fisher

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:32 PM

What the hell have they done to splinter cell?

Ruined it. I could stay here forever and list their errors. To simplify, they saw COD and now are cashing in by turning SC into a generic boring shooter.

Any old school SC fans will know that feeling when you're sneaking through a hallway, past a guard, you feel afraid he'll turn, you get tense, then you pass him, and get relieved. Or he sees you and the world comes crashing down.

So many things make splinter cell what it is. Very little of this appears to be in blacklist. Also everyonw knows IRonside is Sam. with no ironside they should bring in a new character. I will not be rushing out to buy this game, as i feel they have destroyed it. Go back and play the first three games - hell even double agent - and see what it was that made the game special. What set it apart. The tactics, the equiptment, the style, the visuals (NV and IR for example) - none of SC's staples have returned, except maybe the sticky shocker (i think i saw that in the Blacklist vid). I see now stealth, only mindless Mark and Execute hand holding action.

Sure you can say games need to change with the times - and they do - but they need to remember what they are and stay at that. Why not make Rainbow Six a racing game - you have to race to catch up with terrorists, or make GTA a game where you can not exit the cars. - it's a new direction! yeah right. The sad truth is that Ubisoft dont care. So many people will buy the game because it looks cool, and fair enough if you like it, but the bulk of SC's old school fans (search forums and youtube/FB) are really pissed with this new game. I am among them.
Hell i cant even be bothered to talk about this any more.

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

soon to be dead

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:37 PM Edited by deathdealer, 06 June 2012 - 02:44 PM.

maybe they are complaining because splinter cell IS A f*ckING STEALTH GAME! If they wanted to to make a action pack third person shooter, they could have created a new IP. This whole replacing Ironside and changing the genre of the game itself is bullsh*t and a disservice or the fans who have been there from day one. I want splinter cell, not another mindless shooter. Don't delude yourself by saying there may be stealth because they want to move away from that to make it more "accessible". don't believe me? here's an article of a interview from the director of conviction(who is also in charge of blacklist). I'll let you guys read it for yourselves.

http://www.escapistm...More-Accessible

I guess the only true stealth game that's left is the metal gear series.

gta_fan28
  • gta_fan28

Boy Cute

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 22:32)
What the hell have they done to splinter cell?

Ruined it. I could stay here forever and list their errors. To simplify, they saw COD and now are cashing in by turning SC into a generic boring shooter.

Any old school SC fans will know that feeling when you're sneaking through a hallway, past a guard, you feel afraid he'll turn, you get tense, then you pass him, and get relieved. Or he sees you and the world comes crashing down.

So many things make splinter cell what it is. Very little of this appears to be in blacklist. Also everyonw knows IRonside is Sam. with no ironside they should bring in a new character. I will not be rushing out to buy this game, as i feel they have destroyed it. Go back and play the first three games - hell even double agent - and see what it was that made the game special. What set it apart. The tactics, the equiptment, the style, the visuals (NV and IR for example) - none of SC's staples have returned, except maybe the sticky shocker (i think i saw that in the Blacklist vid). I see now stealth, only mindless Mark and Execute hand holding action.

Sure you can say games need to change with the times - and they do - but they need to remember what they are and stay at that. Why not make Rainbow Six a racing game - you have to race to catch up with terrorists, or make GTA a game where you can not exit the cars. - it's a new direction! yeah right. The sad truth is that Ubisoft dont care. So many people will buy the game because it looks cool, and fair enough if you like it, but the bulk of SC's old school fans (search forums and youtube/FB) are really pissed with this new game. I am among them.
Hell i cant even be bothered to talk about this any more.

Actually man I understand u, but that was Ubisoft decision to changed the gameplay. The new Hitman is also a more action oriented. But nobody is forcing you to like or buy the game. My only disappointment is they changed Ironside like what IOI did by changing David Bateson the original voice actor of Agent 47 of Hitman series.

Potato Boggle
  • Potato Boggle

Formerly ozzman1

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (gta_fan28 @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 12:11)
But nobody is forcing you to like or buy the game.

-_- People need f*ck off with this line.
No sh*t we're not being forced to buy or like the game. We have the right to be pissed that Ubisoft made 4 top of the line stealth games, then turned around started making Splinters Creed minus every bit of stealth from the two.

m8son
  • m8son

Boom goes the dynamite!

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

You guys realize it isn't mandatory to play the game like this, right? It looks like it has more stealth options than conviction. You can lure people in with noise again, pick up bodies (you can see "press A to pick up body" at one point), and stealth kill from cover. I also didn't like the way the demo was played, but obviously that isn't the only way it can be done. The real problem is that Sam looks younger and there is no Michael Ironside!!!

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

Even though Conviction went in a different direction in the series i still liked it, wasn't a bad game overall. Will deffo get around to picking this up.

The small prequel co-op story in Conviction was good fun as well, glad to hear they're going bigger with co-op play. The return of Spy versus Mercs from Double Agent is going to be awesome.
  • Mister Pink likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users