» «
Photo

NYX ENB | Patch 7 and EFLC

21 replies to this topic
little seoul
  • little seoul

NYX | Patch 8 | lpf -4- prez

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:11 AM Edited by little seoul, 22 August 2012 - 04:07 PM.

user posted image

Official 8/12 release and future updates available through mediafire. Here they are:

8/12 Update Download Link

7/15 Update Download Link

A new ENB/R.A.G.E. total optimization mod that's for high-end systems and will be a great benchmarking tool for your GPU as well as your CPU once it's completed. The purpose of my graphics mod is to stretch the R.A.G.E. engine for GTA IV to its absolute max.

Current updates video:

//what's new (1.0.2.0)

//Contains "Snitches Mod" - cabbies, store venders, and a few regular peds serve as
///lookouts for the LCPD and will attempt to "citizens arrest" you if you become wanted
//Uses Realistic Weathers timecycle that I had created earlier from NYX beta
//Added "Deferred Lighting" into Patch 8 shaders from patch 1.0.4.0. to allow for more effects
//Fixed cop spawning so more variety of cops spawn in addition to FIB
//Increased streaming memory to x4 its normal speed allowing for more memory pools in-game
//Vehicles and peds spawn closer to player allowing for more ambience
//Peds have more personality, peds will no longer flee directly from gunfire, explosions,
///etc., some will stay and defend or some will sit back and watch chaos
//Created a simple traffic jam fix, which causes cars to become impatient at stop lights, etc. and
///not sit blindly in traffic
//ENB shaders have been updated to make use of past post-processing effects (v1 and v2 and v3 combined)
//New skydome which uses enhanced and modified ENB textures
//Added new smaller rain droplets
//New specular water texture in addition to adding texture fx for water from EFLC shaders (.fxc)
//Created new lensflare ("window light glint") and bloom fx using stock 0.082b ENB bloom code
//New vehshare/specular maps for car windows and car reflections to make all cars (regular/modded) look real
//New water texture that makes the water more realistic and has better reflections
//Increased FXAA subpixel to its max tastewise, also increased mipmap filters to their tasteful max
//Added "Sharpen.h" to work with FXAA, highly recommend using MDLAA 2.0 in conjuction with FXAA
///if you run the game on a ATI GPU to minimize artificating
//Original 2008 and best stipple technique
//Added tonemap that runs on enb post-processing to enbeffect.fx

//what's new (1.0.0.1)

//Adjusted contrast in enbconfig.txt to match brightness level to avoid light and color bleeding
///Note: Feel free to adjust ENBconfig to your tastes
//Added in Luis Lopez, Mallorie, and Gracie as generic/trendy peds so that they appear often
///In addition to gang members
//Added in peds.ide file so that peds multiply at x2 the rate

//what's new (1.0.0.0)

//NYX loads x2 the number of peds/cars/ambient fx
//There's more Ped Diversity in NYX (for example, you'll see gang members on streets
///in classic GTA III style plus FIB as regular cops
//Plants such as trees are more dynamic and have more leaves and blow in wind more naturally
//High-Quality Dynamic DOF
//Shaders nicknamed "Patch 8" that allow Patch 7 users to use ENB config with currently 95%
///of ENB's effects (the other 5% will be updated soon)
//"Patch 8" shaders allows for lightsprites to appear finally and you get skylighting
//"Patch 8" shaders only work for Patch 1.0.7.0 (GTA IV) and not EFLC (1.1.2.0)

little seoul
  • little seoul

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

a quick video showing off the ped diversity in downtown and holland. notice the chinese gangs in the first section and the hipster chinese
chick in holland as well as some muscly dude and some other peds that don't spawn.

was going to show off the new lighting for evening but i'll save that for another video.

the timecycle is 100% finished with no bugs.

just got to finish this ped diversity thing.

later

T-ru
  • T-ru

kamikadze

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

WOW brilliant mod, keep going icon14.gif icon14.gif cookie.gif

little seoul
  • little seoul

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

@T-ru

thank you doll! smile.gif
---------------------------------------------------
everyone say hello to gracie!

user posted image

this is what happens when you make
a cutscene character into a ped without
modifying their movements and behavior.
this has been fixed, but this bug i got scared the crap out of me and i couldn't sleep
(hubs had to calm me down i was crying so much - seriously freakish thing i have ever seen)
also for the overhaul i have enabled full meshes for the peds and also for their facial expressions
so that they are equal to both niko and their cutscene counterparts

user posted image

this ped here (i believe she is young female asian hipster in dress) looks suspiciously like me
new vid that shows off niko's new walk (thanks to prof farnsworth) and fib as cops in this vid:

Triple Penetration
  • Triple Penetration

Box ♡ Out

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:12 AM

Wow, this actually looks really great, much better than I expected from a topic like this.

Now I wish I had a good PC to play this. whatsthat.gif

little seoul
  • little seoul

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:31 PM

@Triple

you should be fine mate. pretty sure you have a solid rig regardless, but i'll make a video from my laptop playing the game at 800x600 with all detail at low to show you how good it still looks with the timecycle/modifiers (in extreme cases for low end users). smile.gif
------------------------------------------------------

skyrim enbloom + timecycle/modifiers/rainstormemitters + crysis 2 dx11 extension file in proxy library + cinematic dof + upscaled fxaa/mlaa 2.0 = NYX!!!

here's some caps of nighttime in midtown/holland.

user posted image

user posted image

debating whether or not to include enb at all in the overhaul.
i don't want to push my own "vision" of the game on anyone and taking credit for the fact that it's really boris' vision.
however, it is very releasable now with enb. i've ditched my old enbloom file and i am using the skyrim one in it's raw form.
the notes say not to touch anytime and i don't want to waste time monkeying around with it as it looks good already.
what you're seeing mainly is the timecycle/modifiers which i've discovered is the key to giving your game a personal look.
there's some other things that you'll see as well that give the game the look that you see.

user posted image

niko conversing with italian gangsters in holland.
there was an irish gangster that strolled by but he ruined the shot by pickpocketing me.
have to figure out, since i have these gangsters in the same area, how to make them at least get into fist fights with each other.
i want to the irish gangs to be the ones that have something to prove so they naturally will hate all the other gangs that appear in the
spawns.

more info soon.

(also i saw on the german forums there's a way to make the clouds move... some kind of new thing i believe... i have the clouds moving
already. quite fast and erratic i must say. but the more tech the better. please message me if you have more info about that.)

ciao for now. will be back with more info/videos soon.

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:05 AM

Looks great so far. About the gangs hating each other, have you messed with "relationshipgroups.dat" or "pedpersonality.dat" at all? I am pretty sure you can set all ped types to hate, like, respect, or dislike one another in one of these files.

little seoul
  • little seoul

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (Prof_Farnsworth @ Monday, Jun 18 2012, 01:05)
Looks great so far. About the gangs hating each other, have you messed with "relationshipgroups.dat" or "pedpersonality.dat" at all? I am pretty sure you can set all ped types to hate, like, respect, or dislike one another in one of these files.

hey mate biggrin.gif

i've been tinkering with relationships.dat and rearranging the file in the way that pedgrp.dat is set up.
i have it listed so that the hate is defined with a "#" next to the peds but i'm not sure if it's working.
i think i have it working for the police/prostitute relationship as the prostitutes hate the cops and will
try to attack the cops but flee and the cop gives chase.
i'm still messing around with it and i'll take a look at pedpersonality again too.
(just got to find the free time to finish everything)

little seoul
  • little seoul

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:23 AM Edited by little seoul, 10 July 2012 - 05:54 AM.

had a breakthrough last night with the enb side of my graphics mod.
starting from scratch with patch 7 shaders i am reverting a lot of the updated shaders back to patch 4
so that the graphics mod takes advantage of enb effects.
this is a short w.i.p. video showing off something i've never seen before outside of patch 4: lightshafts by way of ice la glace:

these do not show up in patch 7 because of the 2010 updates - now they are a part of the 2010 updates.
i'm calling this technique "patch 8", where patch 1-7 are work in unison so you get the 2010 updates but still experience enb on patch 7.
there's more work to be done as you can see my headlights are too high - that was because, well, i never expected to achieve something like this.
i'll fix that. also added in cutscene peds now so they work.

update:

i've added some more enb effects with the shaders from patch 4 to patch 7.
this video shows off the new effects (notice how the reflections on the glass of the building reflects the lightsprite effects now.)
it's not all finished but it is progress:

never seen patch 7 like this before and i'm driving around like the happiest kid on the planet.
more info/vids to come.

little seoul
  • little seoul

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

user posted image

NYX | Graphics Solution + ENBseries + Patch 7 Shader Fix (Patch 8)

Now available for download on gta4-mods.com:

http://www.gta4-mods...teameflc-f15581

Comment, Rate, Download the graphics mod there.

any technical questions about the mod please direct them to this thread as all the ENB modders post here and
can assist with your questions. I will assist as well but I will be out and about on vacation and will check in occasionally
if you have questions (decided to bring my ASUS laptop instead of my macbook air so i can work on finishing up
the shaders and ped diversity in my downtime)

Enjoy!

Aljohnk
  • Aljohnk

*Intensifies*

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:00 AM

Damn! I wish i have good computer as you sad.gif . Hope you finish it soon tounge.gif

Off-topic: OMG is that guy from call of duty named makarov? wow.gif

BKDeath20
  • BKDeath20

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:37 AM

Hey, man remember me from gta4-mods.com. Ok, so the shaders from this mod doesnt work, I used icenhancer's shaders, and that worked. So, i don't know whats the problem with ur mod. I even removed the shaders folder entirely! im using EFLC version. not GTA IV. maybe that's why?

little seoul
  • little seoul

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE (BKDeath20 @ Sunday, Jul 15 2012, 04:37)
Hey, man remember me from gta4-mods.com. Ok, so the shaders from this mod doesnt work, I used icenhancer's shaders, and that worked. So, i don't know whats the problem with ur mod. I even removed the shaders folder entirely! im using EFLC version. not GTA IV. maybe that's why?

you're right mate.
it's because you're using EFLC patch 1.1.2.0.

patch 1.1.2.0 and patch 1.0.7.0 are unfortunately two separate patches (however the updates are nearly identical to each other).

the reason why your game may be crashing (i'll need more people who are running on EFLC to confirm this) is because my shader fix
uses the shaders from patch 1-7 in unison with one another to bring out enb's effects. EFLC was released i believe after patch 1.0.4.0
came out so it wouldn't utilize the shaders from 2008 and 2009 for example and that is why the game is not booting. EFLC does not recognize
the shaders from 2008 and 2009.

i'll need time to work in a fix for this, as of right now though, if you'd like to experience enb effects on patch 1.0.7.0 GTA IV (not EFLC) my shaders
work for that (even those still need to be updated a bit. there's one final thing i need to do to complete it).

but thank you for bringing this information to me so that i have something to work on and i'll have an update shortly.

Ivars
  • Ivars

HiiiPoWeR

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:40 AM

Amazing, good luck.

BKDeath20
  • BKDeath20

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

Alright, man. and yes, EFLC was released after the patch 1.0.4.0. anyways, thanks for ur reply! I'll get back to this topic, if u get it fixed!

little seoul
  • little seoul

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

sounds good mate.

the most important thing i want to do is not mislead the community into thinking that the "patch 8" shaders work for 1.1.2.0.
i made massive progress over the last week with the shaders and didn't have time to fully test on 1.1.2.0.
it might be nearly impossible to get 1.1.2.0 to recognize something that it was never programmed to work with before (this is boris' territory here).

it might be that patch 1.0.7.0 was able to be fixed to use enb since patch 1.0.7.0 is derived from the older patches (which is why it was
so easy for me to fix the shaders for regular GTA IV).

it might be, and this is tough to say, that EFLC might have to be 86'd with ENB. or that boris would need to make two seperate enb packages (like
he were making enb for two separate games) for both the lost and the damned and the ballad of gay tony.
i've met him 100% with patch 1.0.7.0. the only thing he would need to do is make an ENB for EFLC (which is a separate game).

what i could do for the EFLC community (which is basically the majority of GTA IV users) is i could make timecycles for both games that utilize the
shader effects from those separate games. without ENB. for example, a glittery ecstacy-fueled timecycle for tbogt and a dark rainy/cloudy
brooding timecycle for tlad. but it would have to be without ENB.

so i've updated my mod description with the warning about 1.1.2.0.

i'll get back to everyone on EFLC. verrrry busy right now. biggrin.gif
as of right now you can now use ENB effects for patch 1.0.7.0. GTA IV.
which is good because all mods work for that version anyway.

konty
  • konty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:47 AM

hey man, nice work do you doing here wink.gif

I have a question, how do you fix the lightsprites? I want use your lightsprites and redsky fix on my icenhancer 2.1

thank you

little seoul
  • little seoul

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:26 PM Edited by little seoul, 27 July 2012 - 05:28 PM.

hey there konty biggrin.gif

it was a matter of trial and error, i was always meaning to get to the shaders with my graphics mod (wish i had done that first like
MONTHS ago) but i discovered that enb is built around the shaders. it's compiled shader code that's all.
so i started combining the old shaders with the new and got all the effects back (including skylighting!!!)

you don't have to use NYX upright.
feel free to just use the shaders for other enbs like ice 2.1.
i've been doing that myself looking at other enbs (which i can run now with ALL THE EFFECTS on patch 1.0.7.0).
i never understood a lot of the effects in enbseries config so i check out other enbs to find out what they do.
(turns out every patch 7 enb ever made never took advantage of ANY of the effects). they were all disabled because
of the 2010 updates.

everyone
feel free to just use the shaders if you want to use other enbs on patch 1.0.7.0.

but sit tight too.

i have a MASSSIVE update coming in early august (around the 1st).
added more shaders from patch 1.0.4.0 (deferred lighting, etc.) and i have a tonemap configured that
uses enb's post-processing ONLY. which looks so awesome.
my enb looks like real life now, it's amazing. added in one fx code (the only one that i will use) and
that is smart saturation (i tried registering it (???) in enbeffect (as s20) but it didn't do anything. so i
chucked the whole code into my directory and it works. it works like the clamplighting and the tonemap
except it smooths out SSAO.
i'll have a trailer and tons of pics (plus an updated front page) when i get free once again.

have fun! smile.gif

-venus

little seoul
  • little seoul

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:48 PM Edited by little seoul, 05 August 2012 - 07:54 PM.

a video presentation showing off just a FEW of the major updates i've made for NYX. this project has ballooned into something more than
an optimization mod and i am now striving for realism. includes a tweaked timecycle that i made for my nyx beta.

one major thing that i've discovered while working on the game. a traffic jam fix:

-figured out a way to stop "traffic jams" and essentially fix the traffic system in the game. cars and peds have two navigation paths that they
follow. the first one is the one where they spawn, perform there action, and then move into the second path. the one where they shut off and literally disappear. even the vanilla game is broken this way, what happens when there is a lot of traffic is that, if the cars are spawning far from the player, you'll encounter them when you get close to them in their second navigation phase, which is what causes traffic jams. the peds literally shut themselves off in their cars. so when two cars are facing each other not doing anything it's because they were supposed to have moved out of that phase and disappeared. i've fixed it so that you only encounter cars in their first phase. so if two cars are facing each other, one car will either back up, or just ram the other guy who blocked them.

NO MORE SITTING IN TRAFFIC AT BRIDGE CROSSINGS AND INTERSECTIONS WOO!

more info in a few days about the release!

little seoul
  • little seoul

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:38 AM

updates are now available for NYX.

all future updates will be available on the top of the page for users.

enjoy!

-venus

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

ENB Puritan

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

Hey I didn't know you started a thread. Is this where I can talk about all the problems with Patch 7 that I might have when I install a secondary hard drive just for EFLC?

Will be interesting to look through the code in this here package yup monocle.gif sneaky2.gif

corporalvenus
  • corporalvenus

done with psychos/bullies on this forum

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:04 AM

^

WOW! monocle.gif

i never knew i posted on here before! and going back as far as 2011! COOL! cool.gif

well the nyx project has been utterly destroyed by packet (thanks again packet - you're great at wrecking things honey) and
the entire enb thread (you know where you get all your codes and stuff from) is destroyed as well (also by our good friend packet).
i'll retire and give you guys one last thing i was working on:

my red sky fix + skylighting + enb effects

here is patch 8 in it's final form on the board:

Patch 8: Red Sky Fix + Skylighting + All ENB Effects

i'm just about finished with the shadows as well and will continue to work on the project.

if you'd like updates i'll make them available for you on my youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/corporalvenus1

take care everyone
happy to have helped with your enb troubles smile.gif

-venus park

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users