Photo

GTA crashing after change/mod textures

6 replies to this topic
piotrek89
  • piotrek89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:24 AM

Why my steam GTA IV have bugs after changing anything from textures? With Spark I'm exporting and importing textures, editing in gimp. When I trying to change any picture in interior, then I have "glitch".

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:38 AM

maybe your texture is too heavy , too big . GTA doesn't like loading too much high res textures at the same time

piotrek89
  • piotrek89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:58 AM Edited by piotrek89, 31 May 2012 - 01:52 AM.

I'm thinking, that my trouble is other. Size of modded file is almost same.

What I'm doing:

1. Opening for example studio2main.wdr from homes2.img
2. Click on edit, select textures, export them, modding them, and with same sizes as original importing.
3. Saving, rebuilding spark.
4. When I go inside intrerior, then Niko's going/falling under interior.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

are your textures complete i mean , are you sure you didn't put some transparency in there . if yes it may have caused a mess sarcasm.gif

aacclapd
  • aacclapd

Map Modder

• Members

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:46 PM Edited by aacclapd, 02 July 2012 - 11:58 PM.

yes but textures are apart from collisions so if he falls down it means that the interior instance of studio main located in one of the strbig wpls of the imgs(i dont know which one) failed for some reason and i need more details to find out why.

other suggestion: did you edited embeded textures? i mean it wasnt from the wtd isnt it?
so it would be better that you download OPEN IV program that allows you to do the same thing but you have to export it in open formats,the textures will be in a folder called with the same name as the model,edit them and then reimport them(isnt so easier but is more effective) so i recommend you to download OPEN IV, dude.

spark iv is a good tool but the texture editing perfomance of the embeded textures inside model are not supported very well,sometimes textures arent even saved for some reason.(that happened to me when i was trying to edit the freeway signs)

rampage_ani.gif OK , i just realized that the studio2main is the brucie's house.ok.then you have to know that brucie's house is only rendered in the cutscenes when mission so it is not an interior instance like your save house, it is only a scene to create the story of GTA IV(i was using trainer "go trought doors" feature to find it out). like i said it is only rendered in cutscenes so thats may be your problem with that "interior".doesnt even exist.
alien.gif examples of cutscene interiors: faustin's mansion, packie's house, elizabeta's house....

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:30 AM

for rebuilding Open IV is better than Spark both programs aren't perfect but Open IV succeeds more often for rebuilding . why i say that , a bad img rebuilding leads to exactly the symtoms you're describing (whole img area to be texture less , and the "falling bug" you're describing)

@ aacclapd : Spark works fine in saving but you need to save after each modification . if you do two modifications without having saved the first modification , the second saving then may not work

aacclapd
  • aacclapd

Map Modder

• Members

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE (jpm1 @ Tuesday, Jul 3 2012, 01:30)
@ aacclapd : Spark works fine in saving but you need to save after each modification . if you do two modifications without having saved the first modification , the second saving then may not work

yes, thats exactly why i said that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users