Photo

I saw the beta of GTA III (Sort of)

3 replies to this topic
Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:23 PM

You are probably reading the title and thinking to yourself "What in the world is he thinking?" but let me tell you a little story. I saw the beta of GTA III (Sort of). This was about 10 and half years ago. In July of 2001 I went to the Museum of Scotland with my family, we visited frequently but then it was awesome! Where the "Technology" section is now they had for the whole month a showcase of games coming out. They had rooms full of flat-screen TV's with games on them and consoles too. They also had a gigantic, life size version of Lara Croft standing on a monument.

I went with my father and brother into a room where they were showcasing Grand Theft Auto 3. This was in July of 2001 so the game wasn't released yet. The room itself had red wallpaper with etchings of the different characters in GTA 3, there was Flat screen TVs showcasing Grand Theft Auto 3 and leaflets describing it. There was also a glass case full of Rockstar Merchandise and also GTA 3 merchandise. There was also wooden seats to sit on a view the game-play.

There was three TV screens on the red wall, all showing game-play of GTA 3. I remember seeing blue police cars and Claude getting into a train on Portland Island, it later showed the cut-scene of him in the train going to another station. I can't remember any other game-play but the video repeated itself after a while. I don't know what happened to my leaflet I picked up, I moved house 3 years later so I probably lost it sad.gif .

If you want to ask me questions about anything else I saw feel free to. I also got to play Super Mario Sunshine and Sonic (I forgot which one).

-Wheatley

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

You saw it in 2001 and now you are posting it after 11 years?!

We all know why was the blue-white striped cop car was removed, 9/11. Maybe you can post a picture of it. Was there anything related to Darkel?

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (Dr. John13 @ Wednesday, May 30 2012, 16:30)
You saw it in 2001 and now you are posting it after 11 years?!

We all know why was the blue-white striped cop car was removed, 9/11. Maybe you can post a picture of it. Was there anything related to Darkel?

I was just reminded after looking through YouTube for GTA 3 Beta clips. :S I didn't take any pictures, I was young back then.

I didn't see Darkel in the gameplay from what I remember, I can only remember the scene where Claude gets into the Train and also him stealing a blue and white police car. Though I'm sure if it was a build from July of 2001 then he would be in it.

Oh, and I forgot to mention. You couldn't play the game, it was like someone filmed themselves playing it and just put it on the TV. The whole show was called "The Art of Video Games" or something along those lines, there was big promotions for it in newspapers back then. That's why I wanted to go in the first place. tounge.gif

-Wheatley

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Pent Kaul

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:28 PM

what was the music like? was it the same as the current gta 3?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users