» «
Photo

E3 General Chat

357 replies to this topic
Senax
  • Senax

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:25 PM Edited by Senax, 28 May 2012 - 08:43 PM.

With E3 just around the corner, what are you guys hoping to be announced? Do you think they will announce the next gen consoles?

I'm hoping for information from microsoft about more Apps on the dashboard.

Interesting/Helpful Links
http://www.e3expo.com/ - Official E3 Website.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (Senax @ Monday, May 28 2012, 21:25)
I'm hoping for information from microsoft about more Apps on the dashboard.

You want apps Microsoft will give you more blocks of adverts. Microsoft's show has been sh*te for the past two years, i'm expecting 75% of their show to be Kinect based, 15% multiplatform games and then 5% Halo 4 and Forza Horizon. Every claim of a new Xbox getting shown gets rejected but it's possible they may show a little bit about the new one, hope so anyway.

I believe Microsoft is also streaming their show on the 360 which will be cool, better than a stuttering/crashy stream.

As always it's exciting to see games that have never been mentioned and come out as a surprise, hopefully we see a few of them.

Senax
  • Senax

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

Microsoft don't put the ads in the apps themselves do they? I'm sure its provided by the apps themselves.

I'm also hoping for some new franchises aswell, and hope they show Forza:Horizon sounds like its going to be a great game. But i do agree on 75% of their show about kinect.

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

Damn it feels good to be gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:10 PM

I am defiantly interested in the Wii U despite not being the biggest fan of the original Wii. I just hope there's enough horsepower behind it too offer some advantages over the PS3/Xbox and I am not talking in graphical terms either (not that it doesn't help immersion) but for the sake of physics, AI and general leeway for developers to improve there engines.

I have a slight hope that Rockstar might show up to say something about GTA V but it's not very likely.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (Seddo @ Monday, May 28 2012, 20:57)
...i'm expecting 90% of their show to be Kinect based...

Fixed. I remember logging in late last year, and didn't really miss anything of importance due to it all being kiddy-kinect stuff that had no interest to me whatsoever.

I'm looking forward to more Wii U updates and news, and to finally put many of these rumours to rest. Hopefully they'll actually give us some real gameplay footage this time, rather than trying to fob us off by using other systems to show off the games. Give us some actual decent line-up games too, such as the updates of Super Mario 64 and Zelda: OOT that we have all been waiting for for too long now. I'm looking forward to the Wii U, but as soon as I see a line-up list that starts to end in 'Party', I'm f*cking the thing off!

And yeah, all those surprise titles should be good.

Seems weird that AndyGanteks hasn't made this topic...

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:20 AM

I agree with Butters in saying that I'm interested in the Wii U news. Hopefully it will come out at a price of $250, and maybe a November launch. Good games are definitely a must. I think all three companies could take a page from this. Shut up about the apps, ads, motion dancing, etc. and just tell us about the games again, plain and simple. Come out with some actual decent games, maybe even some new series that will blow us away. Can't recall his name now, but there was a guy who wrote some articles on Cracked.com (I think) about how E3 became more disappointing each year, and I totally agree with him. Only thing good for me that came out of last year's was (imo) Minecraft for the 360, which isn't really a good sign for E3. tounge.gif

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:49 AM

Get hyped up for E3 every year. Can't wait! blush.gif

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:36 AM

I would like to hear something about new consoles, even if they simply said it wasn't coming out until 2015.

sublimelabs
  • sublimelabs

The Jimmy Rustler

• Members

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:42 AM

Sad reality regarding Microsoft's conference:
user posted image
Most likely.

I'm preparing myself for disappointment. My only realistic expectation for Sony is them showing a lineup of awesome Vita games that will give me reason to buy it. Right now, Little Big Planet and Jet Set Radio HD are the only games I want.

As for Nintendo, they'll dominate E3 as they're the ones with a new console.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:48 AM

The optimist in me says MS and Sony will announce new consoles. All the studios seem to be working on next gen titles, and they'll both see it as an advantage to get their announcement in first.

Rockstar might try to nobble the show with a V trailer the day before - then not show up.

Bethesda will be talking about Dawnguard

Michael Pachter

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

Damn it feels good to be gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Tuesday, May 29 2012, 07:48)
The optimist in me says MS and Sony will announce new consoles. All the studios seem to be working on next gen titles, and they'll both see it as an advantage to get their announcement in first.

Not to squash your optimism but

QUOTE (Microsoft)
"there will be no talk of new Xbox hardware at E3 or anytime soon"

QUOTE (Sony)
"we are not making any announcements at E3 regarding the PlayStation 4"

Sony will want all eyes on the vita, there going to want to get the Christmas sales in. However I think both companies realize they need to be the first out the door with a console.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

Any conference list or stuff like that out yet?

And yeah, Rockstar will be at E3 this year, so of course we'll all follow.
There's a topic in V area about R* at E3, but i think i'm gonna be chatting about it here during the conference, since that topic will probably explode on it. tounge.gif

Senax
  • Senax

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Tuesday, May 29 2012, 14:56)

There's a topic in V area about R* at E3, but i think i'm gonna be chatting about it here during the conference, since that topic will probably explode on it. tounge.gif

That's fine but keep it on the down low this is mostly for non-gta games but 1 or 2 mentions won't hurt.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Tuesday, May 29 2012, 13:56)

There's a topic in V area about R* at E3, but i think i'm gonna be chatting about it here during the conference, since that topic will probably explode on it.  tounge.gif

Actually it turns out Rockstar aren't attending again this year ( Link). Not that I expected them to.

I agree that Microsoft's conference has went downhill the past few years, yet I still find myself watching despite not being at all interested in Kinect or those new apps. Nintendo should have some cool stuff to show with the Wii U, I'd really like a detailed demonstration on how the whole thing works. I'm not too interested in Sony, but if they have no plans to show the PS4 then I'd imagine their conference will be similar to Microsoft.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Skyrim: Dawnguard DLC. Also I can't wait to see more of Forza Horizon, that game should be awesome. Besides those I'm looking forward to Far Cry 3, Sleeping Dogs, and hopefully EA will show the new Medal of Honor game. I'm mostly keeping an eye on the open-world games. And I hope there's some good suprise announcements too.

I thought last year's E3 was quite dissapointing so hopefully this makes up for it - there's alot of great games coming out.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

Think I'm looking forward to the Ubisoft conference most. Assassin's Creed 3 demo? Yes, please.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

I am looking forward to info on upcoming Battlefield DLC, the possible Need for Speed Most Wanted 2, and of course, GTA V.

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Tuesday, May 29 2012, 17:55)
Think I'm looking forward to the Ubisoft conference most. Assassin's Creed 3 demo? Yes, please.

Me too. Also, more about Far Cry 3 would be nice.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

I'm really looking forward to E3. I only watched Nintendos conference the last two years but would like to see the other ones too this year. I don't know what has been said lately but It wouldn't suprise me if we see a new Mario or Zelda game?

Assassin's Creed III and more Wii U games will be some of the centric aspects of E3 this year.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (Eagles @ Tuesday, May 29 2012, 18:32)
QUOTE (papanesta @ Tuesday, May 29 2012, 17:55)

Me too. Also, more about Far Cry 3 would be nice.

Fairly sure Ubi are preparing a demo for it as well. There was a trailer recently that showed them working on it.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (Redketman @ Tuesday, May 29 2012, 19:29)
but It wouldn't suprise me if we see a new Mario or Zelda game?

This would completely steal the show if Nintendo were to unveil one, or both, of these titles, but only if it wasn't some crappy, gimmicky sh*t that we've seen with the newer Mario titles on the Wii. Nintendo need to finally get back into the game like they used to be, and start to remember that there is still a hardcore gaming market that would easily get the new Nintendo console if the titles were right. Said it plenty of times on here, but they need to stop being so afraid to upset certain audiences, and stop concentrating on these sh*tty little kids games that only last 5 minutes.

user posted image

Give me this game, God-damnit! They promised this at last years show, but then revelead that they had used other software to do this...but now they have made a promise and I shall hold them to it.

Imagine those graphics on a completely new Mario title too, and maybe a surprise Metroid title to go with it?

Ninty need to realise why they have such huge losses recently, and take a look back to when they were doing OK, which was with the N64!

Yes, I will go on about Ninty a lot in here, but I've been a massive fan ever since childhood, and it feels they have neglected gamers like me as of lately.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:43 AM

QUOTE (Geoff Keighley ‏@geoffkeighley)
Reviewing our Pre-E3 show and we have some amazing trailers this year! 3 minute Dishonored gameplay trailer rocks!

Oh and.a killer 3 minute Tomb Raider trailer as well. Lots of lengthy trailers this year, don't miss it on Thurs on Spike!

Hype... building...

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

Some new pre-E3 PES 2013 screenshots. Trailer to come during Konami E3 conference

For those who care of course: http://www.konami-pe...nd-information/

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Wednesday, May 30 2012, 14:03)
Some new pre-E3 PES 2013 screenshots. Trailer to come during Konami E3 conference

Same old game. Not one single thing changed. tounge.gif

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Wednesday, May 30 2012, 04:43)
Reviewing our Pre-E3 show and we have some amazing trailers this year! 3 minute Dishonored gameplay trailer rocks!

Oh and.a killer 3 minute Tomb Raider trailer as well. Lots of lengthy trailers this year, don't miss it on Thurs on Spike!

Hype... building...

Hype overload.

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Wednesday, May 30 2012, 15:05)
QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Wednesday, May 30 2012, 14:03)

Same old game. Not one single thing changed. tounge.gif

I doubt there is going to be heavy changes towards the cosmetics but it's how they can change the actual gameplay. They need to get the balance of strength and speed right, improve the goalkeeper AI dramatically, touch up the out field AI, get player movement upgraded, improve shooting and realistic ball flight/movement. That's just the basics.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:53 PM

Splinter Cell: Blacklist at E3. They will make it as a surprise. Well, now is not, but you know to what I refer.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Wednesday, May 30 2012, 03:43)

Hype... building...

Would have been more hyped to see some GP of this game, but I guess it will be OK since it's had hardly any information released as of yet.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Wednesday, May 30 2012, 23:11)

Hype... building...

Would have been more hyped to see some GP of this game, but I guess it will be OK since it's had hardly any information released as of yet.

He didn't say it wasn't a gameplay trailer!

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:07 AM

Please say that the microsoft head reveals a new tattoo!

Fleckz
  • Fleckz

~ Sierra Lieutenant ~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:18 PM

So, I've never really followed E3 in previous years. I've always just waited for information on any games I want from the company's that make them, but I take it Rockstar is at this years E3?

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Thursday, May 31 2012, 01:25)
QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Wednesday, May 30 2012, 23:11)

Hype... building...

He didn't say it wasn't a gameplay trailer!

Hmm, I guess not. I just always associate trailers with scripted videos.

@GTA1, apparently not anymore, from the latest I've heard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users