Eurovision Song Contest 2012

47 replies to this topic
AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

Time flies when you throw a clock.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:36 PM

Just finished watching the results, and I tell you the only reason why I even bothered to watch it is to listen to Graham Norton taking the mickey. That, and I wanted to see what Russia's act was like.

Well at least we didn't finish last.

Also I'm getting really good at predicting the votes now, I've even made up a saying for Eurovision:
"When in doubt, vote for your neighbours." And it's true, the whole show is a complete and utter joke.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:56 PM

People actually watch this sh*t? What is the matter with you?

Baseball
  • Baseball

Godzilla flyin on a Pegasaurus

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (AlexGTAGamer @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 22:36)
Just finished watching the results, and I tell you the only reason why I even bothered to watch it is to listen to Graham Norton taking the mickey. That, and I wanted to see what Russia's act was like.

Well at least we didn't finish last.

Also I'm getting really good at predicting the votes now, I've even made up a saying for Eurovision:
"When in doubt, vote for your neighbours." And it's true, the whole show is a complete and utter joke.

Yep, that's true. It's a political contest. I was only watching cause it was late and I had nothing to do before the Bute fight, which starts in about 5 minutes.
And about the UK, they could bring the Beatles and they wouldn't win, that's how dumb this contest is.

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:01 AM

As soon as I heard Sweden's song, I knew they were going to win. I was actually going to start this thread yesterday and post it but thought it'd be locked!

Serbia was good too, but a stolen melody. (No Surprise)

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:07 AM

QUOTE (Sup3rman)
SOng is stupid, just look at the lyrics

So, you call the song stupid just because you can't understand the lyrics?

Russia's second. I'm surprised.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

Power

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

Eurovision is the worst thing on TV! I don't have a clue why people who would watch sigh.gif

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE (BRITLAND @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 22:17)
QUOTE (sivispacem @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 21:40)
QUOTE (BRITLAND @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 20:28)
According to Obama from early 2011 France is USA biggest lapdog, ahead of UK

According to Obama, according to who? You do post some absolute sh*te sometimes.

http://www.dailymail...ip-Britain.html

France is our biggest ally, declares Obama: President's blow to Special Relationship with Britain

Barack Obama has declared that France is America’s greatest ally, undermining Britain’s Special Relationship with the U.S.

The President risked offending British troops in Afghanistan by saying that French president Nicolas Sarkozy is a ‘stronger friend’ than David Cameron.

The remarks, during a White House appearance with Mr Sarkozy, will reinforce the widely-held view in British diplomatic circles that Mr Obama has less interest in the Special Relationship than any other recent American leader.

Sivis isn't going to like that, he'll be furiously tapping at his keyboard in a couple of minutes icon14.gif

Sweden were fantastic btw biggrin.gif

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (SatournFan @ Sunday, May 27 2012, 04:07)
QUOTE (Sup3rman)
SOng is stupid, just look at the lyrics

So, you call the song stupid just because you can't understand the lyrics?

Russia's second. I'm surprised.

Who said i didn't understand lyrics? Firstly, there are translations under songs, secondly, i speak russian a little.

Illousion
  • Illousion

Over the hills and far away

• The Connection

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:52 AM

Loreen won? Not only does every radio station already play her sh*te song five times a day (no kidding), now they'll keep doing it until autumn comes. I say bring back the Lazy Bums.

•¿F¡ññ4L¡ƒ£?•
  • •¿F¡ññ4L¡ƒ£?•

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:09 AM

Haha saw that chick with the bun of dreadlocks, her song was mostly compiled of yelling.

The Lithuanian dude however was pretty talented, I liked his one arm cartel wheel.handspring.

Chunk
  • Chunk

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:54 AM

Whose bright idea was it to send Engelbert Humperdinck?

BRITLAND
  • BRITLAND

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (Illousion @ Sunday, May 27 2012, 09:52)
Loreen won? Not only does every radio station already play her sh*te song five times a day (no kidding), now they'll keep doing it until autumn comes. I say bring back the Lazy Bums.

Why the f*ck is Israel voting they arent in europe?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

• United-Kingdom

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (BRITLAND @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 23:17)
Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail...ip-Britain.html

One, its from the Daily Wail so the one thing it is unlikely to be is "true". Second, unless your a furry mammal or zoophile then "special relationship" and "lapdog" are not synonymous. Now in regards to to the topic at hand, its a crap entertainment spectacle but always good for observing the changing relationships and mutual masturbation between states.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:37 AM

I'm a bit late to the party (the girlfriend wanted to watch it so I recorded it instead of watching it at the time so we could watch together) and all political crap aside (we all know it happens, who cares?) Turkey, Russia and Moldova were hilarious! Also a very strong singing group this year too. Lots of ballads (yawn) but they were well executed.

Turkey in particular had both of us in stitches thanks to the Sacha Baron Cohen lookalike and crazy bat cape boat making. I mean wtf? smile.gif

asitsaysinthebook
  • asitsaysinthebook

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

Russia should have WON. It was like when Lordi won, you know. A revolution. There's gone inflation in those pop ballas song by women in big dresses.
Albania was great too - but not really a pop song. Reminded me of Björk.
And as for my own country, Denmark? Well.. It's definetly the way danish music is supposed to sound right now.

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE (asitsaysinthebook @ Monday, May 28 2012, 14:40)
Russia should have WON. It was like when Lordi won, you know. A revolution. There's gone inflation in those pop ballas song by women in big dresses.
Albania was great too - but not really a pop song. Reminded me of Björk.
And as for my own country, Denmark? Well.. It's definetly the way danish music is supposed to sound right now.

You mean the song that partially copied chorus from Seal's Crazy?
Anyway my top 5 would be
1. Sweden
2. Russia
3. Estonia
4. Malta
5. Germany

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:01 PM Edited by lol232, 30 May 2012 - 08:04 PM.

Hahahaha, Russia never bloody takes ESC seriously, always trolling the contest with hilarious songs, and winning with good places, now that is what I like, sometimes they do take seriously, but this time they insanely trolled the contest,

Also, Serbian melody isn't even close to Coldplay Paradise like other people say, similar sound differences but no, even if they did, at least base it off, I wouldn't be embarrassed if they did, once you hear Serbia in 2009th Eurovision, you will know what I am talking about when I say embarrassing... It would be better if we never shown up on Eurovision 2009, cool song but... Of god why...
Sweden really sucked, just another mainstream Disco and boring song, not even in Swedish and not really representing their country, Russia did it well, I mean, Traditional Russian clothes, mixed with English and Russian... And Unique.
My favourite Eurovision song is Hard Rock Hallelujah by Lordi (Finland, 2006) and Rock me Baby by Riva (Yugoslavia, 1989)

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE (lol232 @ Thursday, May 31 2012, 04:01)
Hahahaha, Russia never bloody takes ESC seriously, always trolling the contest with hilarious songs, and winning with good places, now that is what I like, sometimes they do take seriously, but this time they insanely trolled the contest,

Also, Serbian melody isn't even close to Coldplay Paradise like other people say, similar sound differences but no, even if they did, at least base it off, I wouldn't be embarrassed if they did, once you hear Serbia in 2009th Eurovision, you will know what I am talking about when I say embarrassing... It would be better if we never shown up on Eurovision 2009, cool song but... Of god why...
Sweden really sucked, just another mainstream Disco and boring song, not even in Swedish and not really representing their country, Russia did it well, I mean, Traditional Russian clothes, mixed with English and Russian... And Unique.
My favourite Eurovision song is Hard Rock Hallelujah by Lordi (Finland, 2006) and Rock me Baby by Riva (Yugoslavia, 1989)

Sweden had a modern mind blowing song, with a mind blowing melody, music and singing, not one "based on" another song!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users