» «
Photo

Eurovision Song Contest 2012

47 replies to this topic
BRITLAND
  • BRITLAND

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:46 PM Edited by BRITLAND, 26 May 2012 - 07:30 PM.

Eurovision will start around 8PM on BBC 1 here in UK & who do you think will win this year?

My Pick: Some Eastern European Country

Why?: Eurovision is mainly politicial voting nowdays not based on talent example look at Ireland with Jedward that just shows ya
EDIT: they should now call it Politicial Comedy as alot of acts are sh*t, they get votes & its all based on politics they should only have 10 countries in it each year to make it better just like the good'ol days

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:01 PM

I agree, eurovision isn't really about songs anymore...people vote for show more. Only thing is, that the judges only vote for the song, not the show. So at least thats a good thing. I like Sweden and Estonia myself.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:02 PM

Oh God, they've got an elderly gentleman sitting on a bunch of pillows.
What is wrong with these people? All this contest serves to do is remind us how freakishly unkempt most European nations are. Except Germany.
Apart from Germany they all seem like a bunch of rural bumpkins.

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

Damn it feels good to be gangsta

• Zaibatsu

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:04 PM

I don't fully understand the rules of Eurovision, but are we not allowed to use famous bands/singers ? Though even if we were, I doubt they would want anything to do with this tripe.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (Sup3rman @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 19:01)
I agree, eurovision isn't really about songs anymore...people vote for show more. Only thing is, that the judges only vote for the song, not the show. So at least thats a good thing. I like Sweden and Estonia myself.

if that people vote for countries they like it is all political now. E. European countries will vote for each other Germany and Austria vote for each other, and since UK is hated by europe for being seen as USA's lapdogs we get few votes. that and in our country we give any duck a record deal so they are suddenly too big for eurovision. gone are the good days of eurovision (ABBA) it is not political or in some cases for show but then again music itself has become about show, only the pretty ones get to be successful, not about music anymore. VIDEO did indeed kill the radio star

Worship
  • Worship

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

I'm in there, not jocking. Just joining here with mp. This is the first time Eurovision comes to Azerbaijan.
@Deeperred,They are allowed off course, each country may use their most famous band/singers

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (Togrul @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 19:10)
I'm in there, not jocking. Just joining here with mp. This is the first time Eurovision comes to Azerbaijan.
@Deeperred,They are allowed off course, each country may use their most famous band/singers

i did not know this. we should send muse. denmark would give us 12 pts. muse are massive in denmark. also finaland sweden and norway would give us good pts. But eurovision is beneath them tbh they are superstars, but if muse were to go to eurovision i would watch it

Worship
  • Worship

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

My father spend over 500 $ for going there cause this is just far away 20 km from us... And this is 03-Albania singing...

BRITLAND
  • BRITLAND

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 19:08)
QUOTE (Sup3rman @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 19:01)

if that people vote for countries they like it is all political now. E. European countries will vote for each other Germany and Austria vote for each other, and since UK is hated by europe for being seen as USA's lapdogs we get few votes. that and in our country we give any duck a record deal so they are suddenly too big for eurovision. gone are the good days of eurovision (ABBA) it is not political or in some cases for show but then again music itself has become about show, only the pretty ones get to be successful, not about music anymore. VIDEO did indeed kill the radio star

According to Obama from early 2011 France is USA biggest lapdog, ahead of UK

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:33 PM

It gets worse, Russia has wheeled out a bunch of senile, half-crippled women.

3niX
  • 3niX

Lazy idiot

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:36 PM

Well...

Im hearing the songs for the first time right now...
My god... what were Russians thinking?

El Zilcho
  • El Zilcho

Virtuoso

• The Connection
  • European-Union

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

It's like Stereotypes and Tackiness had a horrific, deformed love child.

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • European-Union

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:40 PM

I don't like nor understand the new system. I preferred it when everybody competed, not now with this crappy knockout thing. The best part for me is the voting anyways, and seeing UK get nil points everytime is pretty hilarious, or seeing Ireland give us 12 points because they feel sorry for us. The low point was definitely that flight attendant group we had one year, Scoop I think they were called. And I miss Wogan and his great way of taking the piss, Graham Norton isn't bad but Wogan was better.

I watched it one year with my nanna, and nothing gets her more angry than foreign people. She was pretty angry the whole night, although she did keep commenting how "Fern Britton looks so lovely". I tried telling her it was Fern Cotton, and not Fern Britton (google them and you'll see there's a big difference) but she wouldn't listen.

BRITLAND
  • BRITLAND

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (DeeperRed @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 19:04)
I don't fully understand the rules of Eurovision, but are we not allowed to use famous bands/singers ? Though even if we were, I doubt they would want anything to do with this tripe.

We are, infact the east side of europe have their best singers on the contest unlike the main european countries like UK, France, Germany, Italy etc JLS rumored of wanted to do it this year but we get an old man from the 60s
(I hate JLS anyway)
we could have Jesse J, Plan B, Coldplay, Susan Boyle, Tom Jones, Take That not saying i like any of these but they do have a chance of winning unlike the junk we ut on each year but i guess its better than Ireland with Jedward jesus if you dont know who they are just look at them

Baseball
  • Baseball

Godzilla flyin on a Pegasaurus

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

Romania's got some band called Mandinga.. I kind of hate Eurovision anyway.

3niX
  • 3niX

Lazy idiot

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

Well...

Why not just get Paul McCartney to compose and perform a song... that stuff would fly with the public like sh*t off a shovel.

Senax
  • Senax

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

I personally don't like it for the fact its mostly political and makes me want to blow my brains out.

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

Damn it feels good to be gangsta

• Zaibatsu

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:57 PM Edited by DeeperRed, 26 May 2012 - 08:00 PM.

QUOTE (3niX @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 19:49)
Well...

Why not just get Paul McCartney to compose and perform a song... that stuff would fly with the public like sh*t off a shovel.

I don't think he'd really want to do it lol.gif As I still think due to the aforementioned political reasons we would still lose and no famous musician would really want to be seen losing to some of those bands. Plus nothing says desperate to regain career as this contest, to Britain anyway.

Though, Andrew Lloyd Webber got involved. Though we still did not do well.

Ats.
  • Ats.

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:51 PM

It's amazing how a song is electronic and there is a acoustic drum kit on stage. And also a drummer, who's not even a real drummer. Don't forget background vocalists who are singing the same sh*t the lead is singing, and you can't even see them. Eurovision rules.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

• United-Kingdom

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (BRITLAND @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 20:28)

According to Obama, according to who? You do post some absolute sh*te sometimes.

El Zilcho
  • El Zilcho

Virtuoso

• The Connection
  • European-Union

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 22:40)

According to Obama, according to who? You do post some absolute sh*te sometimes.

No better way to get under sivis' skin than post quotes sourced from alphabet spaghetti.

Toup
  • Toup

Group: Cheesedicks

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

What can I say, Russia is intimidating.

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (Toup @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 21:53)

Russia is bullsh*t, there, i said it...
I really don't see why do they vote for them? The only thing that attracts votes are that the singers are old...ofc, when i mean singers, i mean these old ladies who can't sing actually. SOng is stupid, just look at the lyrics. I really don't like EV anymore, because they don't judge fairly.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:56 PM Edited by Typhus, 26 May 2012 - 10:04 PM.

QUOTE (Toup @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 21:53)

Or Europeans are predominantly tacky, nostalgic weirdos who enjoy watching bewildered elderly women prance about like diseased cretins.

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:02 PM

The UK, Norway and Denmark, owning everyone!

BRITLAND
  • BRITLAND

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (King Of Monra @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 22:02)
The UK, Norway and Denmark, owning everyone!

agreed

BRITLAND
  • BRITLAND

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 21:40)

http://www.dailymail...ip-Britain.html

France is our biggest ally, declares Obama: President's blow to Special Relationship with Britain

Barack Obama has declared that France is America’s greatest ally, undermining Britain’s Special Relationship with the U.S.

The President risked offending British troops in Afghanistan by saying that French president Nicolas Sarkozy is a ‘stronger friend’ than David Cameron.

The remarks, during a White House appearance with Mr Sarkozy, will reinforce the widely-held view in British diplomatic circles that Mr Obama has less interest in the Special Relationship than any other recent American leader.

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:18 PM

Sweden won, atleast they didn't break Norways record.

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

That show is an absolute joke. I and all my familly and everyone I know that was watching voted for the UK and I'm still at a loss at how they only got 4 off us? Also It's just the same countries voting for eachother over and over again. How can a couple of f*cking grannies get that many points? At this stage I think all the western countries should give up and leave let all them eastern european countries have fun voting in circles.

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • European-Union

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (Whiskey @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 22:29)
That show is an absolute joke. I and all my familly and everyone I know that was watching voted for the UK and I'm still at a loss at how they only got 4 off us? Also It's just the same countries voting for eachother over and over again. How can a couple of f*cking grannies get that many points? At this stage I think all the western countries should give up and leave let all them eastern european countries have fun voting in circles.

So you're annoyed at the fact that countries vote in blocks and for their neighbours, yet that's exactly what you yourself did? And Sweden won, they are a western European country and they were one of the best acts. I don't really get what you're bitchin' at.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users