|QUOTE (Skorpro @ Friday, Jun 1 2012, 15:25)|
| Wow! Very nice |
I had a similar idea but with politicians... I've made a mod that spawns a "girl friend" (random coords, see code below)...
New ideas/suggestions - hope you like it:
1. Change the car density.
2. Add a "dis-/enable mod" key.
3. Put the "leadVehicle" (money truck) in the middle of the convoy (more realistic I think).
4. If the money truck is destroyed delete the "dropoff point" (green blip) and reset/restart mod!
5. If the money truck reached the "arrivalLocation" reset/restart the mod.
6. Random locations (money truck blip enable & disable "fairly generous distance") with INI option to switch on/off.
f32 min_x = -2190.0f;
f32 max_x = 2800.0f;
f32 min_y = -860.0f;
f32 max_y = 1975.0f;
f32 max_z = 1000.0f;
GenerateRandomFloatInRange(min_x, max_x, &ran_x);
GenerateRandomFloatInRange(min_y, max_y, &ran_y);
LoadPathNodesInArea(ran_x - 20.0f, ran_y - 20.0f, ran_x + 20.0f, ran_y + 20.0f);
GetGroundZFor3DCoord(ran_x, ran_y, max_z, &ground_z);
GetClosestCarNode(ran_x, ran_y, ground_z, &ran_x, &ran_y, &ground_z);
7. Countdown of locations (good for "random locations").
8. After you have reached the "dropoff point" reset/restart mod.
Maybe it's useful
Thanks for the feedback Skorpro, I do appreciate it.
1) More cars adds to the difficulty. I actually thought about using that line of code, except making it double or 1.5 times the current density.
2) If you don't want the mod to run very often, set the "days between pickups" to a high number. They will only spawn if that many days has passed, and they will only spawn once until the next interval of days is up. If you want the mod disabled, just remove the script from your directory.
3) Good idea. Would need some re-write though, which I don't have time for right now, but I will probably do this in the future. For now, you could always swap the models for the 3rd car and lead vehicle. Money man would still come out of the lead car though until re-write.
4) The blip should/does get deleted as soon as the car is on fire. I may have neglected instant destruction. Sometimes if it does not disappear, it glitches and does not delete it. I would rather not reset the mod here, because the guys chasing you are still trying to kill you.
5) The mod is essentially "reset" here, only the vehicles don't disappear. If you leave and go back to the spawn, and the allotted "daysbetweenpickups" time has passed. They will respawn.
6) The truck and people disappear as well after that "fairly generous distance", not only the blip. I like the idea of the option to turn off though. Random locations would be sweet, however, in order for them to drive around traffic, they also need a route.
7) Not sure exactly what you mean by this?
8) The mod essentially "resets" here as well, only the people chasing you still want to kill you. If you kill/evade them all, the convoy will respawn when in the area.
Great suggestions. I will probably implement 3, 6, and fix 4 soon. Not sure about the others though. I do like the idea of randomness, but that would probably require assembling a bunch of routes and spawns, then having the mod choose from the list, which is not a small task.