» «
Photo

Armoured Car Hijack

17 replies to this topic
Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:12 AM Edited by Prof_Farnsworth, 31 May 2012 - 03:26 AM.

This mod will enable a convoy of vehicles to spawn at the "Civilization Committee" building just south of the Albany Avenue safehouse in Algonquin (building which gives 4 star wanted level for trespassing). The convoy will follow a route around Algonquin, making stops to pickup money at 5 locations. After each stop, the armoured car will be carrying more cash.

The objective is to steal the armoured vehicle and return it to a dropoff point before being killed or having the vehicle destroyed. If you make it to the dropoff, you will be rewarded with cash from the heist, however, you will still need to escape any remaining pursuers as well as any police whose attention you may have drawn.

There are multiple ways to get the armoured car which are all viable.

Please feel encouraged to report any bugs, suggestions, comments or criticisms.

Please read the ReadMe.

Please do not upload this mod anywhere else. If you use this mod in one of your own, please be kind enough to give credit.

Here is a link until approval:
Armoured Car Hijack

Enjoy

Prof. Farnsworth

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• GTA Mods Staff
  • New-Zealand
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

Wow; excellent idea .. I'm sure some of the 'directors' around here will be creating some very nice videos with this mod.

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

Anyone who DL'd the mediafire linked file, please re-download. I mistakenly left some debug code in the file that was there. The new one is fixed.

And thanks methodunderg. This took a long time, I would hope people enjoy it.

gorgonut
  • gorgonut

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

Very good idea! Unfortunatelly I have quite a lot modified vehicles (stockade is one of them) so the game crashes when I am still in the bridge to "manhattan". I don't know if you can find a solution to this thing, so that it can be playable by everyone.
By the way after playing some hours with your uptated vehicles clean up mod I like a lot the fact that the robbers have now rpg's and I think that they are getting involved into shootings more often!
Keep it up! colgate.gif

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (gorgonut @ Sunday, May 27 2012, 16:34)
Very good idea! Unfortunatelly I have quite a lot modified vehicles (stockade is one of them) so the game crashes when I am still in the bridge to "manhattan". I don't know if you can find a solution to this thing, so that it can be playable by everyone.
By the way after playing some hours with your uptated vehicles clean up mod I like a lot the fact that the robbers have now rpg's and I think that they are getting involved into shootings more often!
Keep it up! colgate.gif

You are right, I did turn up the rate they fight the cops. Glad you enjoy it, it is one of my personal favourites.

As for this mod, I wrote a function to delete off-screen vehicles before the convoy spawns. I will probably update with an .ini value that lets you determine how many cars it deletes. It won't delete mission cars, but may delete script cars. I only have two modded cars myself, and the amount works for that, so I just left it as.

I will post here when the update is available (likely later this week).

Thanks for the feedback.

AlexLB
  • AlexLB

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

Amazing concept, I really liked it. smile.gif
Is it possible to add an option on .ini to change the cars in the convoy or something like that?
It would be cool to insert those TBOGT unused cop vehicles in the convoy.

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (AlexLB @ Monday, May 28 2012, 19:57)
Amazing concept, I really liked it. smile.gif
Is it possible to add an option on .ini to change the cars in the convoy or something like that?
It would be cool to insert those TBOGT unused cop vehicles in the convoy.

Thanks, glad you like it. I am releasing a small update today. I might be updating the mod so that you can enter your own coordinates for the spawns, routes, and pickup locations (theoretically having multiple convoys all over the city), so I will add vehicles as well. It will be a little while before that is done though.

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

Update available, link in first post.

Gorgonut, hope this helps the crashing.

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:29 AM

VERSION 2 UPDATE

-Custom routes and pickups
-Option to have convoy obey traffic
-Option to turn off rocket street spawns
-Options to decide which vehicle models spawn

Link in first post

Enjoy

gorgonut
  • gorgonut

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

Nice thing that you updated the mod so fast. Unfortunatelly it dosn't work for me (even when I raised the spawnDelete to 500 or 1000). The problem is that I have a lot of high poly modified cars. When I replaced the vehicles.img with the game's original one the script run fine. The mod is very good and gives an intense action to the player. It also requires some strategy and you can repeat it quite many times! I don't know why the high poly cars interfere with the script and make the game freeze when the convoy spawns. Maybe you can work it out.
Anyway thanks for the update. You did a very good work! icon14.gif

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (gorgonut @ Thursday, May 31 2012, 11:38)
Nice thing that you updated the mod so fast. Unfortunatelly it dosn't work for me (even when I raised the spawnDelete to 500 or 1000). The problem is that I have a lot of high poly modified cars. When I replaced the vehicles.img with the game's original one the script run fine. The mod is very good and gives an intense action to the player. It also requires some strategy and you can repeat it quite many times! I don't know why the high poly cars interfere with the script and make the game freeze when the convoy spawns. Maybe you can work it out.
Anyway thanks for the update. You did a very good work! icon14.gif

Do you have high poly cars spawning in the convoy? If so, try changing them out for stock GTA IV ones (if you have any left unmodded). Even with modded cars, the convoy should still spawn as long as none of them are high poly. The stockade can be replaced with any 4 door vehicle, and the rest can be replaced with any vehicle.

This is the only thing I can think that would help.

That being said, I crash occasionally as well. The mod just takes a lot from the game.

Skorpro
  • Skorpro

GTAholic

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:25 PM

Wow! Very nice biggrin.gif

I had a similar idea but with politicians... wink.gif I've made a mod that spawns a "girl friend" (random coords, see code below)...

New ideas/suggestions - hope you like it:

1. Change the car density.
CODE
SetCarDensityMultiplier(0.40);

2. Add a "dis-/enable mod" key.
3. Put the "leadVehicle" (money truck) in the middle of the convoy (more realistic I think).
4. If the money truck is destroyed delete the "dropoff point" (green blip) and reset/restart mod!
5. If the money truck reached the "arrivalLocation" reset/restart the mod.
6. Random locations (money truck blip enable & disable "fairly generous distance") with INI option to switch on/off.
CODE

f32 min_x = -2190.0f;
f32 max_x = 2800.0f;
f32 min_y = -860.0f;
f32 max_y = 1975.0f;
f32 max_z = 1000.0f;

GenerateRandomFloatInRange(min_x, max_x, &ran_x);
GenerateRandomFloatInRange(min_y, max_y, &ran_y);

LoadPathNodesInArea(ran_x - 20.0f, ran_y - 20.0f, ran_x + 20.0f, ran_y + 20.0f);
GetGroundZFor3DCoord(ran_x, ran_y, max_z, &ground_z);
GetClosestCarNode(ran_x, ran_y, ground_z, &ran_x, &ran_y, &ground_z);
ReleasePathNodes();

7. Countdown of locations (good for "random locations").
8. After you have reached the "dropoff point" reset/restart mod.

Maybe it's useful smile.gif

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:30 AM

QUOTE (Skorpro @ Friday, Jun 1 2012, 15:25)
Wow! Very nice biggrin.gif

I had a similar idea but with politicians... wink.gif I've made a mod that spawns a "girl friend" (random coords, see code below)...

New ideas/suggestions - hope you like it:

1. Change the car density.
CODE
SetCarDensityMultiplier(0.40);

2. Add a "dis-/enable mod" key.
3. Put the "leadVehicle" (money truck) in the middle of the convoy (more realistic I think).
4. If the money truck is destroyed delete the "dropoff point" (green blip) and reset/restart mod!
5. If the money truck reached the "arrivalLocation" reset/restart the mod.
6. Random locations (money truck blip enable & disable "fairly generous distance") with INI option to switch on/off.
CODE

f32 min_x = -2190.0f;
f32 max_x = 2800.0f;
f32 min_y = -860.0f;
f32 max_y = 1975.0f;
f32 max_z = 1000.0f;

GenerateRandomFloatInRange(min_x, max_x, &ran_x);
GenerateRandomFloatInRange(min_y, max_y, &ran_y);

LoadPathNodesInArea(ran_x - 20.0f, ran_y - 20.0f, ran_x + 20.0f, ran_y + 20.0f);
GetGroundZFor3DCoord(ran_x, ran_y, max_z, &ground_z);
GetClosestCarNode(ran_x, ran_y, ground_z, &ran_x, &ran_y, &ground_z);
ReleasePathNodes();

7. Countdown of locations (good for "random locations").
8. After you have reached the "dropoff point" reset/restart mod.

Maybe it's useful smile.gif

Thanks for the feedback Skorpro, I do appreciate it.

1) More cars adds to the difficulty. I actually thought about using that line of code, except making it double or 1.5 times the current density.
2) If you don't want the mod to run very often, set the "days between pickups" to a high number. They will only spawn if that many days has passed, and they will only spawn once until the next interval of days is up. If you want the mod disabled, just remove the script from your directory.
3) Good idea. Would need some re-write though, which I don't have time for right now, but I will probably do this in the future. For now, you could always swap the models for the 3rd car and lead vehicle. Money man would still come out of the lead car though until re-write.
4) The blip should/does get deleted as soon as the car is on fire. I may have neglected instant destruction. Sometimes if it does not disappear, it glitches and does not delete it. I would rather not reset the mod here, because the guys chasing you are still trying to kill you.
5) The mod is essentially "reset" here, only the vehicles don't disappear. If you leave and go back to the spawn, and the allotted "daysbetweenpickups" time has passed. They will respawn.
6) The truck and people disappear as well after that "fairly generous distance", not only the blip. I like the idea of the option to turn off though. Random locations would be sweet, however, in order for them to drive around traffic, they also need a route.
7) Not sure exactly what you mean by this?
8) The mod essentially "resets" here as well, only the people chasing you still want to kill you. If you kill/evade them all, the convoy will respawn when in the area.

Great suggestions. I will probably implement 3, 6, and fix 4 soon. Not sure about the others though. I do like the idea of randomness, but that would probably require assembling a bunch of routes and spawns, then having the mod choose from the list, which is not a small task.

Thanks again.

Skorpro
  • Skorpro

GTAholic

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

Hi,

1) More cars adds to the difficulty. I actually thought about using that line of code, except making it double or 1.5 times the current density.

I think it's better to reduce the traffic (= 0.40) because otherwise it comes to accidents...
2) If you don't want the mod to run very often, set the "days between pickups" to a high number. ...

Yes, I know but it's better if you could disable it at any time... (default: mod is ON)
5) The mod is essentially "reset" here, only the vehicles don't disappear.

Ok but you can still steal the "money car" and drive it to "dropoff point" and get the money... Why the guards leave the money into car? - Maybe an error... - wink.gif
6) The truck and people disappear as well after that "fairly generous distance", not only the blip. I like the idea of the option to turn off though.

Yes you right smile.gif But if there are random locations you must disable the "fairly generous distance". With the enable blip you can plan a raid - like in FarCry2 wink.gif

If you are going through the city (to find the money car) it would be good to know how many locations they have already reached... if only one location is left you have to hurry up! Requirement: NO limits ("fairly generous distance")! biggrin.gif
8) The mod essentially "resets" here as well, only the people chasing you still want to kill you. If you kill/evade them all, the convoy will respawn when in the area.

Yes but the "dropoff point" is still there (0$)...

It's a really cool mod keep it up! biggrin.gif

PS: Sorry for my bad english!

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (Skorpro @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 17:41)
Hi,

I think it's better to reduce the traffic (= 0.40) because otherwise it comes to accidents...
2) If you don't want the mod to run very often, set the "days between pickups" to a high number. ...

Yes, I know but it's better if you could disable it at any time... (default: mod is ON)
5) The mod is essentially "reset" here, only the vehicles don't disappear.

Ok but you can still steal the "money car" and drive it to "dropoff point" and get the money... Why the guards leave the money into car? - Maybe an error... - wink.gif
6) The truck and people disappear as well after that "fairly generous distance", not only the blip. I like the idea of the option to turn off though.

Yes you right smile.gif But if there are random locations you must disable the "fairly generous distance". With the enable blip you can plan a raid - like in FarCry2 wink.gif

If you are going through the city (to find the money car) it would be good to know how many locations they have already reached... if only one location is left you have to hurry up! Requirement: NO limits ("fairly generous distance")! biggrin.gif

Yes but the "dropoff point" is still there (0$)...

It's a really cool mod keep it up! biggrin.gif

PS: Sorry for my bad english!

1) The accidents are what slows you down. If you slow down, you will likely get killed by a rocket, which is why I left it. Easy to fix though, so may be an option in next update.
2) Not sure about this one, just seems like extra code when the script can be removed manually.
5) Have you ever gotten to the dropoff after they leave the vehicle? (There is no money in the armoured car after they get out, so if you do make it, it is for nothing)
6) To have the mod run even when you are on the other side of the map will cause the game to crash more. I already have complaints of crashing which I cannot replicate, so I am cautious about having no distance limit.
7) Same problem as 6. Also, this is like knowing how much money is in the car. Seems like information you (as a crook) wouldn't know.

Thanks again.

The Loot
  • The Loot

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

Very nice, I hope you're still working with this mod.

I'd like the ability to disable vehicles (from both convoy and attack), specify what peds with what weapons will spawn in both sets of vehicles, and the ability to not have them fight cops. Basically I'd like to have a lone Securicar do its rounds, and have a few cars of private security guys come after me.

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE (The Loot @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 11:05)
Very nice, I hope you're still working with this mod.

I'd like the ability to disable vehicles (from both convoy and attack), specify what peds with what weapons will spawn in both sets of vehicles, and the ability to not have them fight cops. Basically I'd like to have a lone Securicar do its rounds, and have a few cars of private security guys come after me.

I believe you can disable the vehicles by setting a non-existent name in the ini under that vehicles spawn header (i.e. add a ` or something to the name, and the game should spawn nothing). I haven't tested this myself. You cannot specify which peds spawn as more than 4 types seems to cause script errors. It would be possible to choose weapons, and make them not fight the cops, but that will have to be in an update later.

Glad you enjoy the mod.

The Loot
  • The Loot

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:43 AM

Ah, thanks for the info.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users