Photo

problem installing gta san andreas

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic
MusicBox
  • MusicBox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:04 PM Edited by MusicBox, 24 May 2012 - 06:34 PM.

hey guys , i got a problem installing gta san andreas while installing i get this error :

user posted image

Help please ? sad.gif

Operating system : Windows 7
Processor?
Video Graphics card type : NVIDIA GT 540M 1GB VRAM
How much graphics memory, and is it dedicated or shared?
RAM?

And im using Orginial DVD

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:06 PM

When posting a problem, please, include the following information about your computer:
  • Operating system (if you have Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 and which Service Pack is installed)
  • Processor?
  • Video Graphics card type?
  • How much graphics memory, and is it dedicated or shared?
  • RAM?
This information may also help to identify your problem.

Pre-Troubleshooting Questions:
If the game worked before, and have changed OS or Screen settings, if your system upgraded anything (drivers, etc.) then the first step is to delete the gta_sa.set file. (The gta_sa.set file is recreated at the end of each game play session. It contains OS data that may no longer be relevant.)

Are you playing the game in Windows Vista / Windows 7 using Windows 98 (or Windows XP) compatibility mode, with Administrative Privileges?

And... before people here begin investing a lot of time trying to fix a possible NO-FIX situation:
What Version (retail, steam, other online store) Edition 1, 2, 3?)
Details of How you are playing:
1. With the Original DVD in the Drive?
2. Or are you Using a No-CD crack? (There is No fix to be found on this Forum.)
3. Or are you Using a 'backup' disc? (Fix is to use the Original DVD.)
4. Or do you have a downloaded game from Direct2Drive, or SteamPowered.com?
5. If none of the above, then what is the origin of your game? (Please be specific, as otherwise there may not be a fix to found on this forum.)

vengeancehawk
  • vengeancehawk

Member Title

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

Well first make sure all applications are closed. Even My Computer if you used that to open the DVD. If not, click the start button and type regedit. I'm on Windows 7 and it appears you are too so it might take a few seconds to start. It will ask you the standard 'Do you want to allow this program to make changes to this computer?' thing. Hit yes, and go to View and click find (or CTRL+F). Type GTA SA. Scroll down until you find a file called gtasa.exe. Delete it and that should work. If it doesn't, go to Computer and check Program Files (or Program Files x86) to see if it has a Rockstar folder, if it does than delete it and try again.

Good Luck

MusicBox
  • MusicBox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (hawkstalker @ Thursday, May 24 2012, 18:19)
Well first make sure all applications are closed. Even My Computer if you used that to open the DVD. If not, click the start button and type regedit. I'm on Windows 7 and it appears you are too so it might take a few seconds to start. It will ask you the standard 'Do you want to allow this program to make changes to this computer?' thing. Hit yes, and go to View and click find (or CTRL+F). Type GTA SA. Scroll down until you find a file called gtasa.exe. Delete it and that should work. If it doesn't, go to Computer and check Program Files (or Program Files x86) to see if it has a Rockstar folder, if it does than delete it and try again.

Good Luck

Tried this but didnt helped , i have edited with some information .

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:36 PM Edited by miromiro, 24 May 2012 - 06:44 PM.

Is there any chance this could work? Also, try answering my questions, it should clear things a little.

I've actually taken that program from this page, by searching information about the 5003 error you got.
Here's some stuff related to it:

Problem: Error 5003 occurs when the system is incorrectly configured or critical system files are missing. These problems happen when a PC is not maintained properly and should be fixed immediately to avoid further damage.

Solution: To repair Error 5003 correctly, download and install the repair tool below. This tool was created to find and fix errors on your computer and ensure your system is running flawlessly.

MusicBox
  • MusicBox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

Hey thank you all for your help , problem got fixed ( i got no idea how but i somehow fixed it )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users