12 replies to this topic
Dylannn
  • Dylannn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:27 PM

My computer can run GTA Much as well
so..

this movie is filmed with fraps, from my gta iv.

I know with fraps running and filming, is there still lagg okay.

without fraps running the game does lagg a bit. but. how to fix it?

And a problem. if i slip of drift.
i see all black stripes throught the car.

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:02 PM Edited by NaidRaida, 24 May 2012 - 06:10 PM.

The black stripes coming through the car, that issue is related to a shader bug afaik. I cannot give you more details, I never had such bug but if possible, try a different patch first or remove custom shaders.
A command line could help with some lagg issues. You could take alook at this topic for help with stuttering: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=404147
Please post your system specs and patch version! In any case the specs are important to know. The more information you include, the more effective is the help. The 'new' patches are not fully
supported by ENB and that could result in such shader bugs if you're using a bad patch/ENB combination. Most recommended patches for using ENB or icenhancer are 1.0.3.0, 1.0.4.0 or 1.0.0.4.

Dylannn
  • Dylannn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:16 PM Edited by Dylannn, 25 May 2012 - 10:22 PM.

hmmm ...
i do not understand what i can do with that..

by the way, i can't see my sun. it's a light blue square

My specs...

Windows 7 home premium

4gb installed work...
AMD ATI RADEON Quad Core
ADM Premium Vision Grapics.

AMD Athlon™ II X4 620 Processor 2.60 GHz
Installed memory ( RAM ) 4,00 GB

32 Bit

Seems enough for that. but in my video ( With fraps running it laggs ) Withhout a bit.

AND! i play by steam so i don't know what version it is.

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:45 AM Edited by NaidRaida, 26 May 2012 - 11:34 AM.

QUOTE (Dylannn @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 00:16)

What is it? Notebook card? How many VRAM?

You're probably running the wrong patch. Steam versions of this game are bad for modding as they like to update their patch automatically.
The glitches you're getting really sounds like a wrong patch. I'm using only retail versions for modding cause I can freely choose what patch I can use. You have to change your patch somehow.

About the lag: Your specs are not that great, you know that? That video card perplexes me a bit.

i can't see my sun. it's a light blue square

Change patch. Really. I often heard of that bug. Afaik it comes from the shaders that got changed with new patches. You're probably running the latest patch (1.0.7.0). Take a look at your .exe for details.

Dylannn
  • Dylannn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (NaidRaida @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 10:45)
QUOTE (Dylannn @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 00:16)

What is it? Notebook card? How many VRAM?

You're probably running the wrong patch. Steam versions of this game are bad for modding as they like to update their patch automatically.
The glitches you're getting really sounds like a wrong patch. I'm using only retail versions for modding cause I can freely choose what patch I can use. You have to change your patch somehow.

About the lag: Your specs are not that great, you know that? That video card perplexes me a bit.

i can't see my sun. it's a light blue square

Change patch. Really. I often heard of that bug. Afaik it comes from the shaders that got changed with new patches. You're probably running the latest patch (1.0.7.0). Take a look at your .exe for details.

what patch i need than? 4 gb VRAM and nope, its a deskop computer.

user posted image

user posted image

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:46 AM

VRAM is not RAM, Video Ram. Open run>dxdiag>display and print screen that tab. smile.gif

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:57 PM Edited by NaidRaida, 27 May 2012 - 02:09 PM.

What patches are mostly supported by ENB I have mentioned above. 4GB RAM is not much today if your GPU is crap. I still don't know what GPU you have.
You have 4GB RAM installed but only 3.25 are usable, no matter what you install, on a 32 bit operating system you cannot adress more RAM. This is not VRAM, VRAM is memory from the video card.
If you want to step into visual modding you really need to know all your hardware information. And we need to know them as well.

Dylannn
  • Dylannn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Sunday, May 27 2012, 07:46)
VRAM is not RAM, Video Ram. Open run>dxdiag>display and print screen that tab. smile.gif

oaky here it is.

user posted image

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

Okay, an HD 5670 is simply not enough to have fun with IV plus ENB no matter what you tweak.
I think this was the original card that was mounted on my pc at first. I upgraded to HD5770 which still wasn't enough for IV plus ENB.
The GTX460 I'm currently using seems to be enough to play IV and mostly maxed out ENB (FXAA, no SSAA). Considering the rest of your system I don't wonder about lag, that is expectable.

Dylannn
  • Dylannn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (NaidRaida @ Monday, May 28 2012, 18:04)
Okay, an HD 5670 is simply not enough to have fun with IV plus ENB no matter what you tweak.
I think this was the original card that was mounted on my pc at first. I upgraded to HD5770 which still wasn't enough for IV plus ENB.
The GTX460 I'm currently using seems to be enough to play IV and mostly maxed out ENB (FXAA, no SSAA). Considering the rest of your system I don't wonder about lag, that is expectable.

thank you also, i gonna get my driver licence first, than bough a new computer.

and i can play gta iv without lagg now. i set off everything program on my computer without steam and gta iv for sure.

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:06 PM Edited by NaidRaida, 29 May 2012 - 05:14 PM.

You can try it of course but I suppose you will enjoy the game much more with a new video card. With nice FPS and good quality it's still very impressive game. One of the best maps in video game history.
The rest of your specs are okay if you don't want to max out everything. Maybe you don't need a complete new computer, maybe you can upgrade your system for less money.

Just a general tip but it's a lollipop for your hardware: Reduce your 'View Distance' and 'Distance Quality' in your game settings. I never go above 20 for playing (50 for Distance Quality).
It doesn't make sense, the performance lost is immense, the visual enhancement is minimal. If you want to max out this too you need a 3GB monster video card...

Dylannn
  • Dylannn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:22 PM

yeah, but i want for sure a new selfmade computer. this computer comes from Medion and is complete builded there. soo.
but first driverslicence

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:48 PM

I almost lost my license cause I like to drive just like Niko. biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users