Minigun in the beginning

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic
RusiBoy
  • RusiBoy

King of San Andreas

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:40 AM

smile.gif is there any way of obtaining the minigun in GTA Vice City at the very beginning of the game. I've completed Vice City 100% twice but I don't know how to get the minigun at the very beginning of the game. rampage_ani.gif

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:49 AM

I'm afraid that at the very beginning it won't be possible. Here are some results from Wiki:
Hope this helps. icon14.gif

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Winter Wrap Up!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:47 PM Edited by MrMateczko, 23 May 2012 - 01:23 PM.

Sadly, there is no way to obtain the minigun at the beginning of the game, other than collecting 60 hidden packages.
But you can get a Rocket Launcher. It's in a hotel, near Viceport, and Sunshine Autos.
Or a M60. At the top of the army's tower, left of the entrance.
Or a Flamethrower. At the R* shaped swimming pool, in Starfish Island.

GroveStreetHomie
  • GroveStreetHomie

Godfather

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

[B] thankz guyzz [/

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:48 PM

Actually, YES, IT IS possible to get the minigun in the very beginning-ALL you have to do is get to the West Island early(there are several ways to do it, as mentioned Here in this PINNED topic,), so you can collect all packages in the beginning-the one in the water can be obtained using the sea sparrow that spawns at Diaz/Vercetti estate after 80 packages(just use the Police maverick OR regular maverick from on top of the hyman to get past the gates on Starfish Island)..So, TWO of the minigun pick ups are available from the beginning after the 60 packages(the one at the Hyman and the one at Ocean View Hotel)-I have got A LOT of ammo. from both pick ups BEFORE touching the first mission..Just a friendly heads up. that it IS possible to get all packages in the beginning, as mentioned in the Pinned topics here.. smile.gif

Also, IF you do the Malibu asset missions and Phil's missions(opens after the malibu strand), the minigun becomes purchasable at Phil's Place in Little Haiti. If you do these two strands right AFTER Shake Down mission, you can get the minigun purchasable not far into the story line.. smile.gif

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

Very beginning doesn't mean after you collect an amount of Packages, radioman. It means the next move after you started a new game.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 12:59)
Very beginning doesn't mean after you collect an amount of Packages, radioman. It means the next move after you started a new game.

My definition of "Very Beginning" is before touching the storyline(ie. the marker at the Ocean View Hotel)?, and it is obviously correct, as it the Hidden Packages are the first thing mentioned Here in the Pinned "Ultimate Start to VC" guide? Curious and confused? confused.gif

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:13 PM

Well, I suppose there are two meanings of very beginning. Before the storyline missions or before the side missions. Anyway, it was just a heads up. icon14.gif

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Winter Wrap Up!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Wednesday, May 23 2012, 14:47)
other than collecting 60 hidden packages.

I wrote that radioman, so I don't know why you were confused.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 13:55)
QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Wednesday, May 23 2012, 14:47)
other than collecting 60 hidden packages.

I wrote that radioman, so I don't know why you were confused.

That wasn't the part I was confused about-I was confused when miromiro said that collecting Hidden packages doesn't count as "in the beginning.." As "In the Beginning" is anything done before touching the main storyline(walking into marker at Ocean View Hotel)-as IF you save the game before doing the first mission, it just says "In the Beginning" on the save screen..

All I did was elaborate more on what you posted, so there would be NO confusion, as it was mentioned that it cannot be obtained in the beginning, which is false, as it is a reward for the hidden packages, which CAN ALL be obtained before even touching the first mission...the two posts I linked to above would prove that...The ONLY way it can be proven true, is if it was like the SF minigun pick up in SA, as that one cannot be obtained due to the invisible barrier on the bridge(unless you play a Chain Game save from a round that has no barriers for your game version)... smile.gif tounge2.gif

The_Anti-tragedy
  • The_Anti-tragedy

Ain't got no sun tan

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 17:48)
Also, IF you do the Malibu asset missions and Phil's missions(opens after the malibu strand), the minigun becomes purchasable at Phil's Place in Little Haiti. If you do these two strands right AFTER Shake Down mission, you can get the minigun purchasable not far into the story line.. smile.gif

There will be a minigun on top of the remains of the Haitians' factory though after Trojan Voodoo which is after the Cuban and Haitian missions. But that mission string's not needed for the story progress really.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Damage, Inc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (The_Anti-tragedy @ Thursday, Jan 31 2013, 00:29)
QUOTE (radioman @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 17:48)
Also, IF you do the Malibu asset missions and Phil's missions(opens after the malibu  strand), the minigun becomes purchasable at Phil's Place in Little Haiti. If you do these two strands right AFTER Shake Down mission, you can get the minigun purchasable not far into the story line.. smile.gif

There will be a minigun on top of the remains of the Haitians' factory though after Trojan Voodoo which is after the Cuban and Haitian missions. But that mission string's not needed for the story progress really.

Look at the dates bro. This topic is ancient. OP is ZoomZoom/H.I.M.'s old account. That's how old it is. tounge.gif

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

It's not ancient, ancient is somethine from 2005

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:31 AM