Quantcast

» «
Photo

Inb4lock post rule

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic
Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:21 PM

Seriously, they add nothing to any topic whether it does or doesn't get locked. It's just obnoxious and annoying. Can we please have maybe a 3 warning and then ban system put in place for it? Because it's just getting annoying.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

I think it's more simple if you just report it, and leave the mods deal with it, they already have a rule/system. smile.gif

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

I find just one reminder/warning tends to do the trick, it's just many people do it.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

I check for Breast Cancer. Call me.

• United-States

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

I try to warn members who do that so it doesn't lead to them getting corrective action taken, for the most part it works, some on the other hand are stubborn and then I leave them to drown.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

Why don't we put a filter in place? Make it something embarrassing so they'll get the message.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:35 PM

Oh great. Here we are talking about to stop this and there people don't even give a f*ck. suicidal.gif

If they post anything more than 'inb4lock' then it's OK but this is ridiculous!

Mark
  • Mark

• Feroci
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (Dr. John13 @ Thursday, May 24 2012, 16:35)
Oh great. Here we are talking about to stop this and there people don't even give a f*ck. suicidal.gif

What?

People who post in useless topics with stupid posts DO get reprimanded when it's seen. You just can't see people's warn logs. It isn't as simple as a three strike policy either. If someone keeps doing it in a short space of time theme sure, but general demeanour and time passed factors too.

@Miamivicecity: it's not that simple. Such a script would need to be about as complicated as AI to get all those types of post. Easier to use a human.

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (Mark @ Thursday, May 24 2012, 17:29)
QUOTE (Dr. John13 @ Thursday, May 24 2012, 16:35)

What?

People who post in useless topics with stupid posts DO get reprimanded when it's seen. You just can't see people's warn logs. It isn't as simple as a three strike policy either. If someone keeps doing it in a short space of time theme sure, but general demeanour and time passed factors too.

@Miamivicecity: it's not that simple. Such a script would need to be about as complicated as AI to get all those types of post. Easier to use a human.

The most common is just "inb4lock", being case insensitive and adding a few other variations would be good enough for most of the time. No need to make an AI like script.

But I think that what he meant was to use the forum filter feature anyways.

leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

The boatman stays with the boat.

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (goin-god @ Thursday, May 24 2012, 15:53)
QUOTE (Mark @ Thursday, May 24 2012, 17:29)

The most common is just "inb4lock", being case insensitive and adding a few other variations would be good enough for most of the time. No need to make an AI like script.

But I think that what he meant was to use the forum filter feature anyways.

icon14.gif
We already have word filters in place, why not use the same system? There are't THAT many ways to say it.

I think that would work a lot better to prevent it in the future too. Warnings are great, but in the end hundreds if not thousands of other members still see that post, see nothing done about it, and assume that it's acceptable. A word filter would prevent that from happening. No one sees it in the first place, no one gains the idea of doing it from the posts here, and no one assumes it's okay to do based on the posts here.

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:23 AM

QUOTE (leik oh em jeez! @ Thursday, May 24 2012, 15:31)
I think that would work a lot better to prevent it in the future too. Warnings are great, but in the end hundreds if not thousands of other members still see that post, see nothing done about it, and assume that it's acceptable.

It really depends on the moderator.

I've seen a few posts where the moderator will make an edit in red (cough, Girish tounge.gif ) saying the user was either warned/temped for a specific post. Not all mods do it, but it's a preference, I guess.

The only forum section it's really a problem in is the V forum, but that place is bound to be a clusterf*ck. If you want to catch every minor little offence and make sure it's publicly noted, you'd need about quadruple the staff they already have doing led-by in that section.

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

Inactive Account

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:51 AM

Why not simply have a staff member edit there postings to say.

"I'm a moron."

or anything of that sort.

With the staff note footer saying: Don't Spam

leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

The boatman stays with the boat.

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:18 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Reaper. @ Friday, May 25 2012, 23:51)
Why not simply have a staff member edit there postings to say.

"I'm a moron."

or anything of that sort.

With the staff note footer saying: Don't Spam

Because that would take hours out of the staff member's days.

That's the point of a word filter. Take five minutes to set it up and now you the edits are done automatically, before they even get to post their bullsh*t. Not only is it a hundred times easier, but it's also a hundred times more effective. Moderators can't be even be online all the time, much less in every thread, but that word filter would always be there.

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:45 AM Edited by Girish, 27 May 2012 - 03:35 AM.

The only problem with a word filter is that it can be bypassed pretty easily.

That's still going to show up as 'Inb4lock'. However, this would require people to catch on and actually take the effort to bypass the filter, but I have no doubt there are some that would do that.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

• United-States

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:20 AM

I don't see any reason for trying to put any effort in one certain spam post. All they will do is resort to posting "inb4lock" images anyways.

nic_23
  • nic_23

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Best New Gang 2012 - High Rollers

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:44 AM

just a question....how many report button incidences do the moderators get a day?

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

• United-States

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (nic_23 @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 07:44)
just a question....how many report button incidences do the moderators get a day?

Enough to keep us busy. xmas.gif

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:42 PM Edited by Girish, 27 May 2012 - 03:35 AM.

QUOTE (Icarus @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 11:45)

That's still going to show up as 'Inb4lock'. However, this would require people to catch on and actually take the effort to bypass the filter, but I have no doubt there are some that would do that.

I don't think the types of people who post inb4 are the types to work out how to bypass the filter.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:59 PM Edited by Girish, 27 May 2012 - 03:35 AM.

QUOTE (Icarus @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 16:15)

Before they post, the topic will be locked. sarcasm.gif

The best way would be that to delete these kinds of post as they are not going to post anything contributive to the topic.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:37 AM

Yeah, lets not post examples showing how to bypass the filters. We want the uninformed to stay uninformed.

As for the topic, it's not that big of a deal. Just keep reporting all such posts and we'll deal with them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users