» «
Photo

[IV/EFLC] Red Dead Desert '12

227 replies to this topic
stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:56 AM Edited by stilldre, 14 August 2012 - 12:26 PM.

Glad that you all like and ye sorry about the link.. Seems that it cause to many traffic, so they disable my public folder for 3 days lol biggrin.gif
Thanks cornflakes4u for added links, i'll use them for now..

SAINTxUNIT3D
  • SAINTxUNIT3D

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

amazing map. what you sould do in the second beta is make a hud of the map.
also what im currently working on is to some how get the old version of red dead desert and move it in 3ds max next to the new one and make a bridge to join the two for an even bigger map..

FCortez
  • FCortez

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

Hey ah Dre sorry to be asking this, I really loved your mod but where can I download that Dodge Viper that you've put in your screens?
It looks amazing!

Thanks

Bid96
  • Bid96

Awwwwww Yeaaaa

• Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (FCortez @ Tuesday, Aug 14 2012, 13:48)
Hey ah Dre sorry to be asking this, I really loved your mod but where can I download that Dodge Viper that you've put in your screens?
It looks amazing!

Thanks

Just go on www.gta4-mods.com & look there.

SNAKE DOC
  • SNAKE DOC

\o/

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Tuesday, Aug 14 2012, 11:56)
Thanks cornflakes4u for added links, i'll use them for now..

Np! Enjoying the sh*t out of your mod. It's very well done!

Had to make a little video too... biggrin.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:48 AM

I really like your video cornflakes4u! Had to share it on fb biggrin.gif

Anyway i hope you'll still enjoy the mod atm. But i have few question for the FINAL version..
I want to kinda rebuild it once again and expend it even more wider to Jersey Instustry Island by adding Pikes Peak mountain with forest and lake areas.
What would you like to have in FINAL version and what would you want to keep from BETA?
At fb, people wanted to have highways, more driftroads, tunnels and bigger towns..
Also i'll try to make the map more like R* would do with lods and distance lights for the FINAL version. That should increase performance of the game and i could add enough stuff like vegetation, without any crashes icon14.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:53 AM

A canyon would be cool to see.

Geosmith
  • Geosmith

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

First off, I'd like to say thank you so much for this mod. biggrin.gif The addition of traffic adds so many new possibilities as far as gameplay is concerned, nothing better than a cop chase across the desert!

One thing I'd like to see is some type of racetrack, but if you intend to add a highway, it should suffice as a great road to race on. As said above, having it on the HUD would be a cool addition, although I don't think it's a necessity.

Again, thanks so much for the mod, keep doin' what ya do!

SAINTxUNIT3D
  • SAINTxUNIT3D

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:24 AM

I would like to see in your final version, some forests cause there isnt really any in gta 4 so its somethink different and it would be interesting to see what it looks like.
and also you need to bring a bit more life into your map like add a town or small village.

Question,

Im working on a map and wanted to know how to add cars with gims iv cause i got to the point where i have imported the nod files from paths.img and made like an ai path arond the road i want it on. however i cant seem to export them to nod format i get an error message. so i you have any idea why please tell me... thanks and good luck with your final version : )

Squirlkiller
  • Squirlkiller

Ur Girlfriend's Taco

• Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:15 AM Edited by Squirlkiller, 17 August 2012 - 01:19 AM.

Use 180upload.com, people use it for icefilms (movies for free) so it must have fast DL speed. They say "no limits" so try it

Also, may I say that this mod looks amazing from pics and videos. I always liked idea o rallying/dirt driving in IV

Edit #2: any chance of making those rocks and the wooden beams holding them up breakable? It would add great value to your mod. Ask Frank.S to help you, he did some breakables for his mod.

rafaprebianca
  • rafaprebianca

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:07 AM

great mod, congratulations, but I have a question, when I approach the entrance, the game starts to crash, which would be responsible for this?

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

Thanks for replys cookie.gif

One thing I'd like to see is some type of racetrack, but if you intend to add a highway, it should suffice as a great road to race on. As said above, having it on the HUD would be a cool addition, although I don't think it's a necessity.

I'm considering making them both in FINAL map tounge.gif

I would like to see in your final version, some forests cause there isnt really any in gta 4 so its somethink different and it would be interesting to see what it looks like.
and also you need to bring a bit more life into your map like add a town or small village.

Yes it will come also icon14.gif

In the mean time i've been busy with layout for new map.. Here is allready few screen of Pike Peak connecting with canyon to Desert biggrin.gif
Still ain't finished on some spots, i'm kinda need to make more dirt paths and few roads. Aswell some racetracks!
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

You should recreate a new topic. Anyway, awesome pics, keep going ! icon14.gif

Geosmith
  • Geosmith

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

Holy hell that looks amazing! If only you were around during the Crysis 1 modding days! tounge.gif

buzzbass
  • buzzbass

mayorista no limpio pescado

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Friday, Aug 10 2012, 14:03)
My game keep crashing, i think it's just to many detail on one spot and it's to mutch for game to handle.
I'm thinking just to use previous update of the map with traffic and release it by tomorow as 1st public beta  icon14.gif

QUOTE (stilldre @ Monday, Aug 13 2012, 13:38)
I want to have alot of detail, but IV is pretty unstable for this stuff. That's why i'm releasing it as public beta, cause i can't add anything more.. My game keep crashing  mad.gif

QUOTE (stilldre @ Friday, Aug 17 2012, 14:51)
In the mean time i've been busy with layout for new map.. Here is allready few screen of Pike Peak connecting with canyon to Desert  biggrin.gif
Still ain't finished on some spots, i'm kinda need to make more dirt paths and few roads. Aswell some racetracks!

If I understand you can't use your latest Desert because have a lot of stuff and the engine can't load this huge map... but now you're adding other map "pike peak" ? right? mercie_blink.gif

or you just working on different projects at same time ??? will you drop red dead desert?

I suposse you do not like red desert so much, you already made fujimi kaido and start pike peak between red dead desert development biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

anyways, nice beta inlove.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (buzzbass @ Friday, Aug 17 2012, 17:50)
If I understand you can't use your latest Desert because have a lot of stuff and the engine can't load this huge map... but now you're adding other map "pike peak" ? right? mercie_blink.gif
I suposse you do not like red desert so much, you already made fujimi kaido and start pike peak between red dead desert development biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Anyways, nice beta inlove.gif

I only don't like it for to mutch detail in one spot, thats whats also caused the game to crash with adding more stuff to it. Now i make it more wider and add even more features.
In the FINAL map it should be more stable. Like doing this in two img's for each side. And by using bigger size in CS, it makes the map less poly than smaller maps.
In the BETA its allready 3+ mil. polys just for the map and few buildings.. And turns out its still playeble without lods or stuff biggrin.gif for next one it should be about 4+ poly for both maps Pikes Peak & Desert Area in one big Red Dead Desert '12 biggrin.gif

SpoonTheMan
  • SpoonTheMan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Friday, Aug 17 2012, 17:12)
I only don't like it for to mutch detail in one spot, thats whats also caused the game to crash with adding more stuff to it. Now i make it more wider and add even more features.
In the FINAL map it should be more stable. Like doing this in two img's for each side. And by using bigger size in CS, it makes the map less poly than smaller maps.
In the BETA its allready 3+ mil. polys just for the map and few buildings.. And turns out its still playeble without lods or stuff biggrin.gif for next one it should be about 4+ poly for both maps Pikes Peak & Desert Area in one big Red Dead Desert '12 biggrin.gif

Woah! So you plan on updating RDD '12 and combining it with Pikes Peak? I don't know how you'll be able to keep the game stable doing that, but I'm guessing you'll find a way. I did not see this coming! Looks like it's all going to be awesome! Also, I'm guessing there will be traffic in Pikes Peak?

P.S. I'm not sure if you saw my post on the page for RDD '12 Beta, but just in case you don't already know about these flaws, here's my post:

[Quote}Reporting in: LAN works with traffic!

Good map, though I noticed some clipping spots (or seams) on the map and the gas station (closest to the map's entrance) has collision issues. You may already know these things for the final version, but just in case, I'm letting you know.[Unquote]
There may be more, because, just last night, I found an invisible wall in the road.

Triple Penetration
  • Triple Penetration

Box ♡ Out

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (Geosmith @ Friday, Aug 17 2012, 16:45)
Holy hell that looks amazing! If only you were around during the Crysis 1 modding days! tounge.gif

You'd be surprised to find out that StillDre makes maps for CryEngine3. colgate.gif

And the map looks very good so far the most advanced StillDre has made.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

Thanks mate cookie.gif

And yes there will be traffic aswell on Desert as in Pikes Peak tounge.gif
I know few bugs that are in BETA, some of them collision are just diffecult to do.. It's matter of splitting the object when its to big for it.

FunGt
  • FunGt

GTA-Modding.com

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:10 AM

omfg the new screens are awesome!

leec313
  • leec313

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

• Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

Hey stilldre,

Are those pics above actually it? Cause they look amazing if they are. And if they are would you mind showing some ingame pics?
The trees look a bit light/not heavy. But the blending is fantastic icon14.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (leec313 @ Saturday, Aug 18 2012, 14:50)
Hey stilldre,
Are those pics above actually it? Cause they look amazing if they are. And if they are would you mind showing some ingame pics?
The trees look a bit light/not heavy. But the blending is fantastic  icon14.gif

Thanks biggrin.gif
Yes those screens are real from Cityscape. Ingame screens are going to come later this month.. Hopefully biggrin.gif
I'm trying to recreate real Pikes Peak mountain/hills around it in IV style just on different scale, it should be hard to put the real sizes in place i want it.
Those trees are just standart you can choose from, for IV i'll add some pine trees and few others.
It should be possible to make something like this screen:
user posted image

leec313
  • leec313

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

• Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:24 PM

Cool biggrin.gif

And is the snow in the other pics final? Maybe it can be made a small bit less thick or a longer blending range. (it cuts off quite quick from snow to dirt.) If you know what I mean.
And you probably will but maybe more trees up in the snowy parts and if you could put snow on those trees as well.

This will be very good when finished, thanks for all your hard work tounge.gif

SAINTxUNIT3D
  • SAINTxUNIT3D

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:38 PM

Hey stilldre,

i have an problem with cityscape on how to rotate camera angle in editing mode
cause i can make the front of a map look good but i cant edit the back cause i dont know how to rotate it.

is there no way of changing the view ?

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE (SAINTxUNIT3D @ Saturday, Aug 18 2012, 22:38)
is there no way of changing the view ?

tounge.gif ye it's tricky if you don't know.. hold left ALT and use mouse to zoom/move around etc.

SAINTxUNIT3D
  • SAINTxUNIT3D

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:31 PM

thanks man smile.gif

im going to try and make a snowy map like antarctica XD

SAINTxUNIT3D
  • SAINTxUNIT3D

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:16 AM

And do you know how to export to fbx with multiple textures cause say if i had on my map
dirt and grass texture once i export it into 3ds max it only shows one texture (the first one i assigned)

Eggtooth
  • Eggtooth

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

It crashes my GTA when I am about to get into desert. When I am in LC, everything is fine.

rastakilla
  • rastakilla

OG on the Scene

• Members

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:59 AM

Where the hell is the map??

All I see are cars driving in the air confused.gif

SAINTxUNIT3D
  • SAINTxUNIT3D

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:36 AM

rastakilla did you put the gta.dat and images txt lines in?

gta.dat

IDE platform:/DATA/MAPS/red_dead_desert/rdd_main.IDE

IPL platform:/DATA/MAPS/red_dead_desert/rdd_main.IPL

images.txt

platformimg:/data/maps/red_dead_desert/rdd_main 0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users