Photo

[IV/EFLC] Red Dead Desert '12

227 replies to this topic
buzzbass
  • buzzbass

mayorista no limpio pescado

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:51 PM Edited by buzzbass, 16 June 2012 - 02:57 PM.

QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ Thursday, Jun 14 2012, 21:44)
In my opinion it has too many roads for a desert. A desert usually has like 1 single road, and it's straight. Also intersections in the desert look odd.

Agree 100%... I don't know why mostly map mods have roads like big-highways..

I suposse Stilldre know what have to do, but I hope the final version looks something like that:

user posted image
inlove.gif inlove.gif inlove.gif inlove.gif inlove.gif inlove.gif

Just a simple road but lovely to drive smile.gif

nine30
  • nine30

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

Hi still,

I have one question, is your desert arab style like sahara or us/australian desert ?

As some said, to much roads is not so realistic, you do as you want bro...

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:21 PM Edited by stilldre, 19 June 2012 - 11:37 PM.

Thanks for reply's and i guess i have putted a bit many roads on flat terrain instead of open desert. I may reconsider to make less roads on those parts, but i also kinda want an cliff alley with a road and river at bottom of it.. Something like this:
user posted image
Going to see what will fit tomorow than i show some progress of it.. See if you all like it, than i can work further on details for it smile.gif
And this desert is more of US part of Nevada/Colorado tounge.gif

MadJC
  • MadJC

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

I like smile.gif

Exxon
  • Exxon

The Obvious Child

• Members

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:01 PM

Sounds good, I hope to see some screens very soon icon14.gif

nine30
  • nine30

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Saturday, Jun 16 2012, 13:21)
Thanks for reply's and i guess i have putted a bit many roads on flat terrain instead of open desert. I may reconsider to make less roads on those parts, but i also kinda want an cliff alley with a road and river at bottom of it.. Something like this:
user posted image
Going to see what will fit tomorow than i show some progress of it.. See if you all like it, than i can work further on details for it  smile.gif
And this desert is more of US part of Nevada/Colorado  tounge.gif

Reminds me RDR ! Geocontrol is the tool you need for this kind of canyon, use it... This canyons can surround liberty by their tallest form then on the sea, the long and wide nevada desert take place, first you make a ground then you place your canyons, it will be more easy for textures, look to my desert add on map what i did wink.gif

Thanks for your anSwer still, i had and idea but not workin with american/australian desert, so you will need more cactuses and rocks and bushes, take your time, play RDR and be inspired. For western houses have a look on google sketchup bank ask somebody to help you

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:09 PM Edited by stilldre, 19 June 2012 - 11:37 PM.

QUOTE (nine30 @ Saturday, Jun 16 2012, 18:02)
Reminds me RDR ! Geocontrol is the tool you need for this kind of canyon, use it... This canyons can surround liberty by their tallest form then on the sea, the long and wide nevada desert take place, first you make a ground then you place your canyons, it will be more easy for textures, look to my desert add on map what i did wink.gif
Thanks for your anSwer still, i had and idea but not workin with american/australian desert, so you will need more cactuses and rocks and bushes, take your time, play RDR and be inspired. For western houses have a look on google sketchup bank ask somebody to help you

Lol tounge.gif vegetation is no problem, i have fixed alot of right vegetation and cliffy rocks! Also buildings ain't no sketchup needed for that since i'm using RDR ones cool.gif
I have finished this game like two times on my xbox360, don't worry i know what i want for map now icon14.gif
Btw, i can't get GeoControl1 anymore since it was a trial like for 30days biggrin.gif you haven't seen anywhere cracked version of it?

nine30
  • nine30

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:29 PM

No, sorry i dont know, if you have two computers in house download it from the other, you will have 30 days trial with new key trial, or use geocontrol 2, i dont like it but maybe you could use it well...

Tell me about RDR, is it really possible to have models from the original game ? You have to tell me how its possible and nobody convert map to IV ? sad.gif

Make this map one of the best map ever for GTA IV, and dont take care of those who want your map early and then said that it is not so finished, take your time for details, just show progress of it, and make a real logo, let red dead desert, call it GTA something or something IV make your print in gta modding history with a real big detailed map, as you now quality=quantity, you have got 3 month to work...

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:58 AM Edited by stilldre, 19 June 2012 - 11:37 PM.

QUOTE (nine30 @ Saturday, Jun 16 2012, 23:29)
Tell me about RDR, is it really possible to have models from the original game ? You have to tell me how its possible and nobody convert map to IV ?  sad.gif

RDR map is a bit tricky to make for IV, else i would have done it along time ago..
What i do have is that i've used collision models of the whole RDR and made a heightmap texture of it biggrin.gif

MadJC
  • MadJC

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:11 AM

Yeah, it would be awesome to fly over the entire RDR map with a plane!

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:58 PM Edited by stilldre, 19 June 2012 - 11:37 PM.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

So i've decided to remove race track and make a cliffy valley with a river, this will be it for cs i guess. Now i can start up back in Max to make details to rocks and cliffs tounge.gif

ZBNYNC
  • ZBNYNC

Texture Modder

• Members

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

It's looking good! icon14.gif

But what's up with the crosswalks on the highway? They really look out of place.

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

It's looking good, but if you ask me, I'd remove the intersection lines from the road, where a dirt road connects to the main road. Just leave the road like it is, and connect it with the dirt road on 1 side without modifying the asphalted bit.
Something like this:
http://static.deskto...igthumbnail.jpg

Midnight_Club
  • Midnight_Club

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:11 PM

I think it's gonna look fantastic once the vegetation is in.

buzzbass
  • buzzbass

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:49 AM Edited by buzzbass, 18 June 2012 - 06:54 AM.

QUOTE (stilldre @ Sunday, Jun 17 2012, 17:58)
user posted image

I think electric poles and these roads are more focused to the main highway and a town than to cover the entire natural mountain.

For example your pic:
user posted image
with just a little dirty road
user posted image

user posted image

And if you want make a race-track too maybe can look good while not spoiling the landscape.

Just a opinion tounge.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:20 AM Edited by stilldre, 19 June 2012 - 11:36 PM.

It's looking good, but if you ask me, I'd remove the intersection lines from the road, where a dirt road connects to the main road. Just leave the road like it is, and connect it with the dirt road on 1 side without modifying the asphalted bit.

Thx and I see but i raither keep those crosswalks, in Max i can just aply another texture on them places tounge.gif

I think electric poles and these roads are more focused to the main highway and a town than to cover the entire natural mountain.

Why would they need to be near highway? They supossed to give power for small towns and i'll resize them a bit so they wouldn't not be so clear to see.

And if you want make a race-track too maybe can look good while not spoiling the landscape.

The previous looked good, but desert ain't really need it an race track. I raither place somewhere a derby arena cool.gif
Btw, i can allways convert some tracks from Forza Motorsport 4 after this map..

Squirlkiller
  • Squirlkiller

Ur Girlfriend's Taco

• Members

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Sunday, Jun 17 2012, 09:58)
http://a7.sphotos.ak...221886154_n.jpg
user posted image
http://a8.sphotos.ak...973538282_n.jpg

So i've decided to remove race track and make a cliffy valley with a river, this will be it for cs i guess. Now i can start up back in Max to make details to rocks and cliffs  tounge.gif

Not really a fan of the random cliff rock texture on a gentle slope confused.gif and if you do leave it, blend it in with the sand and desaturate it a bit and adjust the color to the beige side a bit to give the effect of sand blown by wind

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

Question:
Will there be any towns, perhaps with stores? Just desert might be boring.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:15 PM Edited by stilldre, 19 June 2012 - 11:38 PM.

Not really a fan of the random cliff rock texture on a gentle slope..  and if you do leave it, blend it in with the sand and desaturate it a bit and adjust the color to the beige side a bit to give the effect of sand blown by wind

I can try to blend the whole terrain with more textures, can't promise anything since i've tryied it in 3 different ways without any succes.
Else i would let vegetation and small rocks semi-blending rocks from desert sand/dirt smile.gif

Question: Will there be any towns, perhaps with stores? Just desert might be boring.

I don't do empty maps since last year biggrin.gif btw it says clearly on first page that i'm going to put Redemption Towns that are most enterable.
And my friend that knows alot of snt will put some detail to interiours and such icon14.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:00 PM Edited by stilldre, 19 June 2012 - 11:38 PM.

user posted image
user posted image

Was a bit lazy today but have been working a bit today on the map.. Have edited elevation on mountains and added big cliffy rocks tounge.gif

buzzbass
  • buzzbass

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

Very nice screens, but I keep thinking electric poles are surplus on that landscape biggrin.gif

jojimbo
  • jojimbo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

looking forward to cruising on my fatbob

GTASAIDEAMASTER
  • GTASAIDEAMASTER

Made in china.

• Members

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:16 PM

Hmm,seems like a good place to practice aiming with an ATM or a combat helicopter...Also looks like a perfect place for dogfights with HUD off.You crash,and get lost on the desert.Neat.

Also I finally have a place to cross with my Sanchez.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:57 PM Edited by stilldre, 02 July 2012 - 10:56 AM.

Starting to add more detail to terrain and cave, within few days i can start on those Redemption Towns icon14.gif
Also have edited first page with new intel cool.gif

And a friend of mine being helpfull with modelling Oil Pump and re-making SA wrecked planes:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

Very nice screens, but I keep thinking electric poles are surplus on that landscape  biggrin.gif

Thx and yea i can't make them smaller and i also don't wanne have SA type of electric poles and cables..

Hmm,seems like a good place to practice aiming with an ATM or a combat helicopter...Also looks like a perfect place for dogfights with HUD off.You crash,and get lost on the desert.Neat.

Also I finally have a place to cross with my Sanchez.

Hehe, well i'm fitting my map for those things not just cars like i used to biggrin.gif

MadJC
  • MadJC

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:32 PM

Awesome!

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:24 PM

user posted image
user posted image

Alber2gt
  • Alber2gt

U say why?-I say goodbye!!!

• Members

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:28 PM

Great-looks awersome!!What about large underground caverns?

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:32 PM Edited by stilldre, 25 June 2012 - 10:02 PM.

QUOTE (Alber2gt @ Monday, Jun 25 2012, 15:28)
Great-looks awersome!!What about large underground caverns?

Thanks and sure i can try to make something like what u mean.

This is allready a start of some spots, not sure if i'm going to add those smaller pike's.. But i'll see biggrin.gif
Cave is now highpoly on sum places where don't need.. I'll also try to optimize sum icon14.gif

user posted image
user posted image

Exxon
  • Exxon

The Obvious Child

• Members

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

Looks good smile.gif

More screens please!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users