Best Total Overhaul 2014 [GTA SA Beta Edition]

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

-Ignore post-

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:41 AM

I'm busy making another map atm.. Fujimi Kaido from Forza 4, you can see it on my facebook homepage. Red Dead Desert needs to be rebuild on whole right side so it will take time, else this two maps will not fit each other and it wouldn't look good.

Exxon
  • Exxon

The Obvious Child

• Members

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

Finish one map before you start another one devil.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (Exxon @ Saturday, Jun 2 2012, 16:30)
Finish one map before you start another one devil.gif

Mind your own thing will ya biggrin.gif i do whatever i want..
Have some patience like Blaster said, don't act like a baby..

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:44 PM

I think the main reason why people keep telling you to focus on one project and finish it first is because you get people excited about a certain map mod and then you go onto another project before you complete your previous one, this makes people annoyed and thus you start to generate a somewhat negative name for yourself.

I personally think you should focus on one project, finish it then start another one. You're only making it hard on yourself in terms of organisation

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (XTREME0235 @ Saturday, Jun 2 2012, 21:44)
I think the main reason why people keep telling you to focus on one project and finish it first is because you get people excited about a certain map mod and then you go onto another project before you complete your previous one, this makes people annoyed and thus you start to generate a somewhat negative name for yourself.

I personally think you should focus on one project, finish it then start another one. You're only making it hard on yourself in terms of organisation

You sound so serious man, reason i'm doing other map cause i wanted mutch earlier but couldn't get.. Now that tool is updated for FM4 i reconsidered modifications to fit this two maps together so you would have mountainious view and at left some open desert. There for i need to rebuild RDD map so it would take some time, in mean while i'm almost as good as done with FK! Stop whining people, just give me time to deal with something great! Unless you all want to push me and make it fast and unfinished biggrin.gif just relax and enjoy playing Max Payne 3 or something..

Here is one of ingame screen of my other map btw:
user posted image

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Sunday, Jun 3 2012, 07:30)
You sound so serious man.
FK! Stop whining people.
just relax and enjoy playing Max Payne 3 or something..

I wasn't having a go at you or anything, don't take what my post read in the wrong way.
I was merely suggesting what was on other people's minds so you gather a better understanding of where they're coming from.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Wednesday, May 23 2012, 23:52)
It looks really good and natural, can't wait to see how will be on the final version.
A shame that it shares the same position of my map, it would have been great to play the maps together..

Thx, ye i couldn't find any bigger place than my previous place of RDD tounge.gif

But it could also be possible to make smoke too

Yes with 2dfx, i'm going to re-search a bit cause i would like to have some Ambient stuff like Sand Wind in open desert area's, Dripping Water and some Fountain effects for waterfall inside the cave icon14.gif
You should help me with that trainer objects to .wpl stuff Nkjellman btw.

Within' day or two will be showing some more screens of my wip.. But not ingame yet, still have alot stuff to do b4 that happy.gif

Once I get to my PC I'll send you a link to the tool for Microsoft Excell.

uncfire
  • uncfire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:55 AM

Do youn think you can add a fire station somewhere on the map.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (uncfire @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 01:55)
Do youn think you can add a fire station somewhere on the map.

Yea i may do that for RDD, it needs a better town than previous and what would be a terrible place without fire departement biggrin.gif
I'll soon release my FK mod than i'll be up working on this map only! Here is another screen of other mod, can also be shown at my homepage tounge.gif
user posted image

uncfire
  • uncfire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

Awesome. What is this in the screenshot?

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (uncfire @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 14:44)
Awesome. What is this in the screenshot?

Fujimi Kaido, that is going to be a neighboor map of Red Dead Desert tounge.gif
for more info check my homepage on fb!

_F_
  • _F_

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • Best Vehicle 2014 [GTAV Vehicles converted to San Andreas]

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:58 AM

I really liked that Episodes from West mod, what happened to it?

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (_F_ @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 10:58)
I really liked that Episodes from West mod, what happened to it?

Read few pages back and you'll know smile.gif

Well i'm back working on RDD '12 after my release of Fujimi Kaido!

Atm sketching the island shape so it would fit together with Fujimi Kaido. Have also added few new features, like speedway and cliffymountains..
user posted image

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

Hey maybe in your Red Dead Desert you could put Black Water in as a reference to RDR. But you could re-texture the streets so they look modern.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Sunday, Jun 10 2012, 21:25)
Hey maybe in your Red Dead Desert you could put Black Water in as a reference to RDR. But you could re-texture the streets so they look modern.

I could use normal version of it with OpenIV Black biggrin.gif
With my resource i'm only capable to get some of them working models.. So it will look like it in some view, as it was in my plainning to use them anyways!

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Sunday, Jun 10 2012, 20:29)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Sunday, Jun 10 2012, 21:25)

I could use normal version of it with OpenIV Black biggrin.gif
With my resource i'm only capable to get some of them working models.. So it will look like it in some view, as it was in my plainning to use them anyways!

Damn, I wish they would share Black. Darn it. They probably don't want people modding those games. They should allow people to at least view and export.

nine30
  • nine30

Trick

• Members
  • None
  • Best Map Made From Scratch 2014 [French Rivieria]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:36 PM

Hi my friend,

I saw your picture, try to add some rocks, it so realist, have a look to desert landscape, it'snt desert only...

I didn't know if i told you but try to put your map on liberty land, i mean try to make your mountain surrounded the place you choose, it will be more realist than making a bridge, i mean there are cost, cover them with your map.

Do you mean with black you can have rdr models or houses from xbox game ?

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

Damn, I wish they would share Black. Darn it. They probably don't want people modding those games. They should allow people to at least view and export.

Ye that would be nice icon14.gif

Hi my friend,

I saw your picture, try to add some rocks, it so realist, have a look to desert landscape, it'snt desert only...

I didn't know if i told you but try to put your map on liberty land, i mean try to make your mountain surrounded the place you choose, it will be more realist than making a bridge, i mean there are cost, cover them with your map.

Hi, yea rocks i'll put them when i've exported to 3ds Max and surrounding doesn't really needed to be perfect.. Since it isn't total conversion smile.gif

Yes, it same Rage Engine so it isn't that complete different from IV

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Sunday, Jun 10 2012, 21:26)

Hi my friend,

Hi, yea rocks i'll put them when i've exported to 3ds Max and surrounding doesn't really needed to be perfect.. Since it isn't total conversion smile.gif

If you saw my post in their topic I was requesting that they do it. Maybe it will persuade them. I bet it will allow people to learn more about the other Rage games so they don't have to ask them all the time.

Edit: But RDR uses a different map system than IV so you can't just go and port the whole RDR map as easily as you think. Models yes.

Midnight_Club
  • Midnight_Club

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:33 AM

Loving the long desert road!!!!! woop!!

MadJC
  • MadJC

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:45 AM

Me too! smile.gif Looks amzing!

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Sunday, Jun 10 2012, 23:37)
QUOTE (stilldre @ Sunday, Jun 10 2012, 21:26)

Hi my friend,

If you saw my post in their topic I was requesting that they do it. Maybe it will persuade them. I bet it will allow people to learn more about the other Rage games so they don't have to ask them all the time.

Edit: But RDR uses a different map system than IV so you can't just go and port the whole RDR map as easily as you think. Models yes.

I don't think GooD wrote export format for the RDR models, as it's useless for them.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:21 PM

I don't think GooD wrote export format for the RDR models, as it's useless for them.

I don't believe it's diffecult to export them, but what i concern about is the uvw and materials from their models. That step is verry annoying and timewasting biggrin.gif It wouldn't not be useless if i've acces to that tounge.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:27 PM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Well i started to make some progress on the map in cs, just need to do some more tweaks and back to exporting into Max smile.gif
I have allready alot of models i could definetly fit into the scene! Like rocks, big rocks, oil-wells etc cool.gif

MadJC
  • MadJC

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

looks very good!

http://www.wallpaper...vada_Desert.jpg

just for help this pic shows perfectly typical vegetation in nevada desert. little bushes and some small palm trees!

ZBNYNC
  • ZBNYNC

Texture Modder

• Members

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:32 PM

That looks amazing! I love how the highway looks like how real interstates in the Nevada and Arizona deserts.

Are you going to add higher mountains?

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:44 PM

In my opinion it has too many roads for a desert. A desert usually has like 1 single road, and it's straight. Also intersections in the desert look odd.

DB10
  • DB10

Blah!

• Members

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

Great progress so far, it will look great with vegetation! Will the moap also contain villages or even a city or just desert? Will look great with some deserted wild west towns! I don't know if it's already asked, but do you already have a release date? Looking forward to more progress, will keep an eye on this project smile.gif Keep it up!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users