» «
Photo

[IV/EFLC] Red Dead Desert '12

227 replies to this topic
stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:34 PM Edited by stilldre, 30 August 2012 - 01:33 PM.

user posted image

Hi, i've been working some time on my next few mods.. But this one will come out earlier and since it was started back than here,
it will also be shown here!
It's the re-make of my older RDD classic map that been downloaded over +6000 times, i'm sure that everyone would love this one aswell..
If you have some more idea's that could be done or haven't thought about it yet, feel free to tell.

Make sure you all check my FaceBook homepage, where all my maps are present and for updates with new screens etc.!
http://www.facebook....DreProductions/

Info:
+Base of the map builded up in Cityscape 1.8
+Cliffs & Big Rocks being made with poly tools in Max
+Cave will also be in the mountain just like in Ghost Peak ( its going to have MLO and be a bit smaller )
+Desert Vegetation will be present later
+Black Water's town & Redemption stuff
+Airfield ( with Crashed Planes by Ozy Robert )
+Industry Oil Refinery ( with modern buildings & solar panels ) & ( Oil Pumps by Ozy Robert )
+Baja-Track & Rockies Road ( Mountains full of Drifting Roads and Dirt Trails )
+Traffic Paths by Terreur69
+130 objects in objects.ini file by LastCommand

Bonus car-pack:
+Suzuki Monster SX4 by AlbertGT
Original model from Forza 4 & Handling by Rob.Zombie
+Zen Stock by Mike Frost

Download Public Beta here:
http://www.gta4-mods...lic-beta-f16329

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:38 PM

Why not resuming EFTW ? It's a desert too ....

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (Garju67 @ Saturday, May 19 2012, 18:38)

No thanks, way to big to spend alot of time to it sorry tounge.gif and this is supposed to be EFTW thing to, it got it's features like mountains and open desert area's.. but on smaller scale than!

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Saturday, May 19 2012, 19:40)
QUOTE (Garju67 @ Saturday, May 19 2012, 18:38)

No thanks, way to big to spend alot of time to it sorry tounge.gif and this is supposed to be EFTW thing to, it got it's features like mountains and open desert area's.. but on smaller scale than!

Ok ok anyway good luck on your project smile.gif

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:48 PM

Will you add Cactus's and dead bush's too? because the map looks a bit empty atm.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:51 PM Edited by stilldre, 19 May 2012 - 05:54 PM.

QUOTE (ManDog @ Saturday, May 19 2012, 18:48)
Will you add Cactus's and dead bush's too? because the map looks a bit empty atm.

Yes, alot of them actually.. they will be covering the whole map!
Since they are all small poly and most of them don't need collision, there wouldn't be a problem in that tounge.gif

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• The Yardies

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:26 PM

Looks good, but it's basic and like mandog said, empty.

MadJC
  • MadJC

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:42 PM

Those screens look amazing, but I think u gotta find someone who knows how to create a good timecyc. Probably one similar to RDR's timecyc. If I was you I would ask Blaster. If he agrees, he is going to make an amazing timecyc just like he did for GTA IV SA!

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

Those screens look amazing, but I think u gotta find someone who knows how to create a good timecyc. Probably one similar to RDR's timecyc. If I was you I would ask Blaster. If he agrees, he is going to make an amazing timecyc just like he did for GTA IV SA!

Thanks! I'm sure it would be nice if Blaster got time for it, he wanted to try to make races for GFWL EFLC like he did in IV:SA
Cause there also going to be traffic paths, forgot to mention that in info.

Looks good, but it's basic and like mandog said, empty.

Thank you biggrin.gif yea it would be filled in time my friend.

Ok ok anyway good luck on your project  smile.gif

Thanks, i hope only that someone willing to help with alpha blending textures..
Tryied 3 different ways to do that b4 and none of them worked properly, but i probably blame R* for that instead of my pc tounge2.gif

Midnight_Club
  • Midnight_Club

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

Oh my goshh, With traffic paths too?!? I love you dre. serio bored.gif

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:51 PM

I offer any help in the holidays, mid-june. As this is placed next to LC, we have to deal with a lot less probems.
For cactus's and dead bushes you should consider collision materials.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Saturday, May 19 2012, 22:51)
I offer any help in the holidays, mid-june. As this is placed next to LC, we have to deal with a lot less probems.
For cactus's and dead bushes you should consider collision materials.

That's great mate icon14.gif
Ye i wish i could make cactus and dead bushes breakable, this would be mutch funner!

gabrielgx
  • gabrielgx

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:47 AM

Now yes the map was much better than the previous version, only thing that I noticed that the powerline was too big, I do not know if the desert is so great, but the map is getting perfect.
Congratulations!

MadJC
  • MadJC

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

I guess you might like this one smile.gif .
Awesome mod by ac.amir: http://www.gta4-mods...ons-pack-f14338

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE (MadJC @ Sunday, May 20 2012, 22:03)
I guess you might like this one smile.gif .

Oh wow biggrin.gif this is great! Thx for heads up icon14.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:49 AM

Does this replace LC, or go next to LC?

An idea: If it has LC, make the map way up in the sky (maybe +5000 units). Have a teliport script that allows you to teliport from Francis International, and your map (perhaps the airport you said you were gonna add). This idea will make your map seem far from LC. LC is NY and doesn't have Desert around it. It would seem more realistic. You would also be able to make the map bigger if you so desire. This way your map won't kill the LC's New York North East theme, and LC won't kill your map's desert theme.

Also maybe when your done an idea I have that would fit the country side maps you like to make. I think you might like it. It would be cool if you could make the north eastern country side that is around NYC. You would make it around LC. Idea is kinda like EFTW a little bit. But anyways you then could install other mods onto LC that turn it into NY. I think that would be cool.

MadJC
  • MadJC

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

But if you place the map so high, flying with a chopper/ plane is gonna be impossible because of height limit....I think dozingoff.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:52 PM Edited by stilldre, 21 May 2012 - 12:56 PM.

QUOTE (MadJC @ Monday, May 21 2012, 10:02)
But if you place the map so high, flying with a chopper/ plane is gonna be impossible because of height limit....I think  dozingoff.gif

I think what Nkjellman says it needs his own day thing like in movie Trueman Show..
Therefor you don't need to move it to the sky and ofcourse it would mess up the view biggrin.gif
But i'm just going to put it near LC with two connections ( 1. to Broker's beach house area 2. to Manhatten heli tour parking )
Red Dead Desert '12 is going to replace older Red Dead mod's on bigger scale and with alot of details.
It's just more funner and a specially when you playing free-mod! I think the better way is to put alot of vegetation rocks at border of the map so you could mash the view icon14.gif

steel89ita
  • steel89ita

Map Designer

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:40 PM

It looks really good and natural, can't wait to see how will be on the final version.
A shame that it shares the same position of my map, it would have been great to play the maps together..

Vulgadrop
  • Vulgadrop

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:40 PM

Agree, I hopefully not too big and we can have more maps in addition to this =)

LeitoPL
  • LeitoPL

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:29 PM

I can only wish about those realistic clouds in IV.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (LeitoPL @ Wednesday, May 23 2012, 21:29)
I can only wish about those realistic clouds in IV.

Now, it may be possible to model clouds as map objects and make a script that controls how they spawn. (But they would only be inside the map bounds.)

Then we would need to customize the timecyc so we can simulate how it gets sunny above the clouds.

But it could also be possible to make smoke too.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:52 PM

It looks really good and natural, can't wait to see how will be on the final version.
A shame that it shares the same position of my map, it would have been great to play the maps together..

Thx, ye i couldn't find any bigger place than my previous place of RDD tounge.gif

But it could also be possible to make smoke too

Yes with 2dfx, i'm going to re-search a bit cause i would like to have some Ambient stuff like Sand Wind in open desert area's, Dripping Water and some Fountain effects for waterfall inside the cave icon14.gif
You should help me with that trainer objects to .wpl stuff Nkjellman btw.

Within' day or two will be showing some more screens of my wip.. But not ingame yet, still have alot stuff to do b4 that happy.gif

Midnight_Club
  • Midnight_Club

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Wednesday, May 23 2012, 23:52)

Thx, ye i couldn't find any bigger place than my previous place of RDD tounge.gif

But it could also be possible to make smoke too

Yes with 2dfx, i'm going to re-search a bit cause i would like to have some Ambient stuff like Sand Wind in open desert area's, Dripping Water and some Fountain effects for waterfall inside the cave icon14.gif
You should help me with that trainer objects to .wpl stuff Nkjellman btw.

Within' day or two will be showing some more screens of my wip.. But not ingame yet, still have alot stuff to do b4 that happy.gif

Keep it up! I'd like to have RDD'12 featured in a film smile.gif

buzzbass
  • buzzbass

esto estį lleno de comepollas

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE (steel89ita @ Wednesday, May 23 2012, 18:40)

QUOTE (Vulgadrop @ Wednesday, May 23 2012, 20:40)
Agree, I hopefully not too big and we can have more maps in addition to this =)

I hope so too biggrin.gif
Is better a very detailed&quality and small/medium map than a useless gigantic map with bugs&no too detailed wink.gif

@Stilldre, could you say how will be the extension in LC map please? looks very good inlove.gif

nine30
  • nine30

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:32 AM

Hi stilldre,

I see that youre still here ! Hehe... Fine, i saw that you wanted to take more time to make one complete mod. I can suggest you things, if you want !

When you choose the place of your map, please, surround all the liberty city location with huge and high mountains (bigger than what i did in liberty green, use geocontrol and size it in max), this will break the ambiance of the game, i mean you are in liberty and it is surrounded by huge mountains, i mean its like a wall, but there just a little road or a tunnel that brings you from a huge city to a huge desert landscape! When you look behind you, you may see only huge mountain, not buildings or city part, this is important. I remember the first mountain made by queshus, they were so high, they can cover the view from desert of any part of a city !

Second thing, dont make lot of roads, i mean, your map have not to be a circuit, or race road, take attention to details close to the road (desert bushes, cactus, rocks...) dont make also green aera in desert, the only thing realist is an oasis, i mean palms and little lake.

Third, in the end of your map on ocean side try to make beach with some palms and ships destroyed, not a lot but some... Also in one of your map side, try to make cliffs.

Then, pay attention to textures between them, i dont know the name of the technology used by rockstar or gamedeveloppers, but their textures are different but when they are close to each other you dont see difference even your in the air, what we do is different, when you are in the air you see our texture is just squares, its ugly, may be that what some call blends or sopething like that

And if you can, an crash aera zone, as airport of SA easy to do for you wink.gif

I hope this mod will be one the best we everseen on gta IV modding, lot of people think that desert IV is red dead desert... or desert rally map.

I have a wish, to ask rockstar to creat a tool for moddin PS3 and creatin videos with GTA V, its the dream of every ps3 owner, i got one also, rockstar games see our mods, dont think they ignore them, i never see on youtube somebody using PC mods online, i mean a ride on desert or i only saw drift race, whatever, i got to go back to my occupation, see ya

Thx for reading...

Nine30 - DESERT IV v2 is in my mind, too much bigger than v1 but not for now, am still abroad wink.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:23 PM Edited by stilldre, 24 May 2012 - 05:46 PM.

Keep it up! I'd like to have RDD'12 featured in a film

This one i'm sure will be great for movies and my movie/trailer! biggrin.gif

Could you say how will be the extension in LC map please? looks very good  inlove.gif

Thanks, ye i'm not sure yet.. I kinda doing all sides of the map different, the one has rocky cliff with a beach on the side of Airport.. etc!

I see that youre still here ! Hehe... Fine, i saw that you wanted to take more time to make one complete mod. I can suggest you things, if you want !

Hi and yes my time is expended to October, than i'll be joining the army cool.gif
In meanwhile i'm training myself and making maps icon14.gif
Also i like the idea's of yours, but some of them have allready been thought by me. I've made an multifunctional desert! There is some drift roads at the mountain, decent amount of dirt trails and a race track near the abandoned airfield with gymkhana stuff ( jumps etc! ) crashed planes area that would be great for gun fights with cops.. So there wouldn't be a fealing of repetive stuff like you see in most maps. I'm not going to put any grass textures on terrain of the map, only at gasstation and towns maybe. All the rest is going to be 3d vegetation ( grass, dead grass, dead bushes, cactus etc.. ) they will be covering as good as the whole map, that way it would be more colorfull than having those big squares you talking about tounge.gif and forget about blending stuff, and specially with my pc i tryied 3 different ways none of them worked so it's actually R* fault to not put any decent shader for blending in this Liberty City.
Also SA models will be also availible i have permission from Blaster, but going to kinda re-texture and detailed it more with help of someone icon14.gif

nine30
  • nine30

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:49 AM

Nice ! if you want feel free to use my models, i mean mountains or desert !

No need to ask me sigh.gif

Exxon
  • Exxon

The Obvious Child

• Members

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:19 PM Edited by Exxon, 01 June 2012 - 01:31 PM.

I see you've already abandoned this one sigh.gif

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (Exxon @ Friday, Jun 1 2012, 15:19)
I see you've already abandoned this one sigh.gif

He shows me progress on msn, have some patience.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users