Quantcast

» «
Photo

hidden packages in GTA V

106 replies to this topic

Poll: what type of hidden packages In GTA V (309 member(s) have cast votes)

what type of hidden packages In GTA V

1. pigeon and seagull (33 votes [11.70%])

Percentage of vote: 11.70%

2. oyster or horse shoes (32 votes [11.35%])

Percentage of vote: 11.35%

3. animal skins like from RDR (13 votes [4.61%])

Percentage of vote: 4.61%

4. Tags (16 votes [5.67%])

Percentage of vote: 5.67%

5. Others (136 votes [48.23%])

Percentage of vote: 48.23%

6. photos (29 votes [10.28%])

Percentage of vote: 10.28%

7. Film reels (23 votes [8.16%])

Percentage of vote: 8.16%

Vote Guests cannot vote
enjoithepain
  • enjoithepain

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:02 AM

something u don't have to shoot

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:41 AM

I don't really care WHAT the hidden packages are, but there should be something rewarding for achieving a 100% completion for finding all hidden items. Something worthwhile like a great cheat that you can't get through a code, like invincibility or unlimited ammo.

"Bad characteristics covered in Christs blood"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:49 AM

Not the stupid birds again. I want something that doesn't get me wanted each time i collect it. I miss the floating packages.

JustRob
  • JustRob

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE (73duster @ Saturday, May 19 2012, 04:41)
I don't really care WHAT the hidden packages are, but there should be something rewarding for achieving a 100% completion for finding all hidden items. Something worthwhile like a great cheat that you can't get through a code, like invincibility or unlimited ammo.

That would be too much. Then you could just collect the Hidden Packages at the beginning of the game and the rest would be a breeze.

I liked the system used in GTAIII and VC. If you collected 10 packages you got a pistol at your safehouse, if you collected 20 you got a machine gun, if you collected 30 you got an assault rifle, etc etc. It's useful, makes the game a bit easier, but doesn't take away the whole challenge of the game.

TheGreene2010
  • TheGreene2010

GTA Forums is a hopeless wretched place

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:54 AM

Those Spank hidden packages would be a great nod to GTA III. smile.gif

Pooo_Face
  • Pooo_Face

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE (FRA1Z3R @ Friday, May 18 2012, 22:50)
QUOTE (Pooo_Face @ Friday, May 18 2012, 17:32)
I personally would like to see hidden packages return in the form of something a bit more interesting than shooting birds and collecting shoe horses. Perhaps a concept along the lines of finding undiscovered bodies or murder victims. The corpses will be scattered all over the map including desert areas, mountains and the sea. The key thing for me is I'd like hidden packages to be an engaging and fun part of the game and not something dull and repetitive one has to do in order to gain 100% completion.

This one! It wins! Finding bodies, or maybe body parts til you find the whole person. Like each hidden package (person) would consist of 10 parts, limbs, head, torso etc... And there are 10 people to be found in all. That's 100 pieces all together.

FRA1Z3ER, it's funny you should mention body parts; I was thinking the exact same thing when I made the post but maybe only few of the bodies are dismembered to add a bit of variety. Perhaps Rockstar North could take inspiration from real murder cases (like L.A. Noire did) and depict the creative ways in which killers would dispose of bodies. With the amazing artists the company employs, I'm sure they could come up with something really special.

SL1DE
  • SL1DE

GoodFella

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:09 AM

Hidden vehicle number plates.

JustRob
  • JustRob

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

Keep in mind the collectables also need to be relevant to the story. License plates, what's the use of that? Or body parts? What could we gain from finding body parts?

In GTAIII, the packages contained drugs, drugs earns money and weapons. In Vice City it was the same deal. In San Andreas, the tags fitted into the story very well, we collected the horseshoes for more luck, and the pearls to get popular with the ladies.

Then again, shooting birds in GTAIV makes less sense. I don't think Niko would be very concerned with the greater good of the city.

meson1
  • meson1

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

I know. Parts for unique vehicles. You have to find the car parts scattered around the city. When you get all the parts for one car, that car is your reward right there.

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:50 AM

There was already topic like this.

200 dildos icon14.gif

GarrowsKai
  • GarrowsKai

I don't even like Dubstep

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (Pooo_Face @ Saturday, May 19 2012, 08:42)
I personally would like to see hidden packages return in the form of something a bit more interesting than shooting birds and collecting shoe horses. Perhaps a concept along the lines of finding undiscovered bodies or murder victims. The corpses will be scattered all over the map including desert areas, mountains and the sea. The key thing for me is I'd like hidden packages to be an engaging and fun part of the game and not something dull and repetitive one has to do in order to gain 100% completion.

This one! It wins! Finding bodies, or maybe body parts til you find the whole person. Like each hidden package (person) would consist of 10 parts, limbs, head, torso etc... And there are 10 people to be found in all. That's 100 pieces all together.

FRA1Z3ER, it's funny you should mention body parts; I was thinking the exact same thing when I made the post but maybe only few of the bodies are dismembered to add a bit of variety. Perhaps Rockstar North could take inspiration from real murder cases (like L.A. Noire did) and depict the creative ways in which killers would dispose of bodies. With the amazing artists the company employs, I'm sure they could come up with something really special.

This does sound like a pretty good idea! I mentioned a while back something similar. You know how in GTAIV one of the random encounter people was a serial killer and before you met him you would hear about his murders on the radio and the internet? I said that there should be a similar thing in V whereby you keep hearing about murders etc but rather than it be a scripted event like in IV you can find the guy at ANY time if you're clever enough and can decipher the clues. Over the course of the game it get's easier as more murders happen and as such more clues are revealed, so you could potentially find and take out the guy and stop further murders by the 10th mission or leave it till you've completed the game and then go after him.
Locating the body parts as you suggested could easily tie into this and provide more clues etc. Having 10 parts for each body, and say a total of 10 victims would work well. It could play out in such a way as you have to find all 10 parts of one person before the next is 'unlocked' (i.e. the killer has not killed the next victim, and the news would say where the victim disappeared so you know where to look). If you leave it till you have collected all the parts of all victims before going after the killer he could maybe turn up when you find the last part for you to take him down. Alternatively if you go after him earlier, when he is dying he could laugh in a mocking way and say that there were more victims than anyone thought, gloating about the families not having closure, this would then unlock all parts that you had not collected (so say if you found him halfway through the 4th victim, the other 55 parts would all be available to find in one go so to speak). So one way would mean that he is killing the ten people in sequence from the first, and the other meaning he had already killed x amount before you started the game, if you understand what I mean.
By doing the packages this way could mean that each bodies parts were all in the same general area, making it slightly easier to find them all without having to resort to a walkthrough as you would know the general area you would need to look. It would also put more of a story behind it, rather than just something to collect.

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

I'd like to see dead bodies be the next "hidden packages". Finding corpses throughout the map, would then unlock bonus missions about a serial killer on the loose.

dumbassbuffet
  • dumbassbuffet

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:48 PM

why not have roman's body strewn across the map? devil.gif

GarrowsKai
  • GarrowsKai

I don't even like Dubstep

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (dumbassbuffet @ Saturday, May 19 2012, 17:48)
why not have roman's body strewn across the map? devil.gif

Niko finally got pissed with him constantly asking to go bowling!

Yorpie
  • Yorpie

I fought the law and the law lost.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

The film reels sounds cool, fits with the games atmosphere from what we have seen yet. Everytime you collect them you can see a small movie, cartoon, whatever as long as its motivating to search for. In mafia 2 you need to find 50 Playboy magazines, and for every one of them you found, you got to see a very nice picture ^^ now thats what I call motivating!

Oldsmobile
  • Oldsmobile

Food?

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (meson1 @ Saturday, May 19 2012, 11:46)
I know. Parts for unique vehicles. You have to find the car parts scattered around the city. When you get all the parts for one car, that car is your reward right there.

This. To be honest, I care far more about the rewards for finding the packages than I do about the packages themselves. If we're making the effort to track down 100 hidden whatevers, make it worth our time. Unique vehicles are worth anybody's time!

Civkiller
  • Civkiller

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

I voted for others, time to pick something new.

FCM
  • FCM

Toreno

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE (Jayfroo @ Friday, May 18 2012, 13:00)
What do you mean by hidden packages?

f*ckin' new fans.

user posted image

xUSMC SSGTx
  • xUSMC SSGTx

United States Marine Treadhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:33 AM

Since its Vinewood, how about little Oscar statues?

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:30 AM

Nothing that requires me to fire my gun on the streets causing police attention.

JStarr31
  • JStarr31

Vice Money Murder Gang {V.$.M.G}

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:27 AM Edited by JStarr31, 21 May 2012 - 08:31 AM.

Hidden packages should be duffle bags, scattered out and about the entire map, but this time the 'packages' serve a real purpose and contain items that go with GTA V's theme:

- Money bonuses (Since this is an economic themed game icon14.gif )
- Ammo, health/perks, and armor
- Random Drugs (If this theme makes the final build)
- Not all but some package have 'gun parts' that unlock 3 special weapons cheats and money won't unlock (collect 3 pieces of each: Chainsaw, Flamethrower, and Mini Gun)
- Keys. Maybe it belongs to a storage lock-up... Maybe it belongs to a house/apartment. Could just be to a car with something special in the trunk... etc.
- Weapon upgrade unlocks. Some upgrade options shouldn't be unlocked to the player during story mode like a heat-seeking upgrade for the RPG or grip for the Mini Gun.
- Steak coupons

I don't think all these things should be in one bag every time you find one, but more like 2-3 randomized items within a bag at a time and still get credit to packages found. Maybe some bags are empty. Maybe some bags are HIDDEN WITHIN INTERIORS of buildings/homes/public bathrooms, the trunks of special cars, half buried in the desert, in a cave in the mountains even. C'mon R*, I just want more motive than just some shiny achievement and some safehouse guns confused.gif

***EDIT*** I say duffle bags because they seems so illegal money-ish, and since this will contain some sort of money-theme, illegal dufflebag money seemed fitting biggrin.gif

Seymour555
  • Seymour555

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:41 AM

How about if there are 200 Drug dealers scattered across the map and you have to kill them all. except there not always in the same place so theres no way to know for sure where they are they just spawn in random places

JStarr31
  • JStarr31

Vice Money Murder Gang {V.$.M.G}

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:49 AM Edited by JStarr31, 21 May 2012 - 08:54 AM.

QUOTE (GarrowsKai @ Saturday, May 19 2012, 15:49)

Cool story bro icon14.gif

How do dead bodies gain you new weapons, perks, upgrades and other things that come with finding these hidden packages... I really do like your idea but until thats figured out im not finding 100 bodies for a lousy PS3 Trophy confused.gif

QUOTE (chuckberry @ Saturday, May 19 2012, 08:49)

....For me the packages should be keys. If you collect five of them you can open a garage with a secret car.

I said that im my post like to 2 posts up icon14.gif

chuckberry04
  • chuckberry04

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE (JustRob @ Friday, May 18 2012, 13:32)
So far, we've been told that GTAV is going to focus heavily on drugs. So yes, definitely Hidden Packages, loaded with drugs.

In GTAIII they were just packages, in Vice City they had the shape of some kind of statue. So I say, let them come up with a new original look for these Hidden Packages.

Drugs will never happen and we haven't been told that it's going to focus on it either..

For me the packages should be keys. If you collect five of them you can open a garage with a secret car.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE (chuckberry04 @ Monday, May 21 2012, 08:49)
For me the packages should be keys. If you collect five of them you can open a garage with a secret car.

That sounds like Driver. Also why only five? I mean twenty at least for one car.

chuckberry04
  • chuckberry04

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Monday, May 21 2012, 09:00)
QUOTE (chuckberry04 @ Monday, May 21 2012, 08:49)

That sounds like Driver. Also why only five? I mean twenty at least for one car.

Ooh, I didn't know that was in Driver. Well it sounds like a good feature to me anyway.
Why 5? Cause I don't really search for them nor use maps for them. On the other hand you would get too many cars.

I'd like it so that the car would be completely random from a list of cars that are nowhere to be find elsewhere in the game and that we can trade them online.

Kyle17
  • Kyle17

The hero Vice City needs, but not the one it wants.

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:57 AM

How about a floating GTA V logo? Kind of like GTA 2, it would be a nice nod to the old way of doing things.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:00 AM

GTA IV had 200 pidgeons...that is total bullsh*t, took forever.
I enjoyed tags from San Andreas to be honest.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

a variety. not 200 of the same. SA had a decent balance of them - photos spray tags .

Classic hidden packages too, - i really liked LA Noire's badge hunt (i think that was the best part of the game for me haha) and RDR's treasure hunt - things like these would be welcome imo, even if there's 100 of them. gets you thinking, and involving, as opposed to following a map - who here has EVER found all hidden packages WITHOUT using a guide (or any other aides)? Make it a mini game in its own right

chuckberry04
  • chuckberry04

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (JStarr31 @ Monday, May 21 2012, 08:49)
QUOTE (GarrowsKai @ Saturday, May 19 2012, 15:49)

Cool story bro icon14.gif

How do dead bodies gain you new weapons, perks, upgrades and other things that come with finding these hidden packages... I really do like your idea but until thats figured out im not finding 100 bodies for a lousy PS3 Trophy confused.gif

QUOTE (chuckberry @ Saturday, May 19 2012, 08:49)

....For me the packages should be keys. If you collect five of them you can open a garage with a secret car.

I said that im my post like to 2 posts up icon14.gif

No you didn't. You edit your post and stole my idea icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users