» «
Photo

[REL|WIP] Real Estate Mod

15 replies to this topic
Axeman420
  • Axeman420

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:19 AM Edited by Axeman420, 26 May 2012 - 03:50 AM.

This is a framework for easily adding buyable properties to IV\EFLC\TC's\Etc, . (It comes with several IV related properties already defined as a demo.)

You can easily add new properties using the new property editor, the framework handles the rest.

The properties you can buy, show up as green dollar signs on the map. (Purchased properties show up as red dollar signs.)

To purchase a property, go there, and hold the action key on the big green marker. (Text should show up listing the price, etc,. It may take a second to show up when entering a marker, and to vanish when leaving a marker.)

You will collect rent on an hourly basic from purchased properties. (Adjust the rent value for each property in the .xml file to suite your taste.)

Property Editor

The property editor is a new feature, which gives you an in-game GUI for adding properties.

To access the property editor, you will need to press the tilde key(~, `), this will open a console, type the command "PropertyEditor" and press 'Enter' to open the editor. (Press the tilde key again, to close the console, and use the property editor.)

The editor is straightforward, enter a name, a price, and a value for rent, and click the submit button. (It shows examples of what values it expects, and has basic error checking in place just in case.)

The map icon\marker for your newly created property will be placed wherever you are standing when you click submit, so, position yourself appropriately before opening the editor.

Manual Editing

CODE

<BuyableProperty>
   <Name>Urban Housing</Name>
   <Price>500000</Price>
   <Owned>false</Owned>
   <Position>
       <X>-123.03614</X>
       <Y>1433.4198</Y>
       <Z>20.4059734</Z>
   </Position>
   </Rent>5000</Rent>
</BuyableProperty>

You can manually edit existing entries, or add new ones to the file "Properties.xml". (Editing is trivial, I'm sure you can figure it out.)

Adding a new property, is as simple as filling out the information above, and copying it into the file "Properties.xml". (Pay attention to the files layout, and match it.)

You can remove entries as well, just remove the entire entry, as shown above.

Note: The XML is only read once during the initial loading of the script, so, changes made during the game won't take effect, unless you use the console, and the "ReloadScripts" command. (I suggest sticking to the property editor, if you don't know what you're doing.)

---

Requirements

GTAIV .Net Script Hook v1.7.1.7 BETA

The .Net Script Hook has it's own requirements, be sure to read them, and get anything you need. (See link.)

Installation

Place the files "RealEstate.net" and "Properties.xml" into your GTAIV directory, in a subfolder called "scripts". (This is where the .exe for the game is located, etc,. You may need to create the "scripts" subfolder.)

(The same applies to EFLC\DLC\Total Conversions\Etc, but, not all properties will be correct using those, a custom "Properties.xml" needs to be created for each one.)

v1.1 Updates

1. Purchased properties map icon now turns red, making it easier to distinguish between owned properties, and ones you don't own.

2. I've enabled a feature that makes map icons only show up when you get near them. (This only effects the mini-map, it basically keeps the mini-map from getting too crowded.)

3. Property Editor added.

v1.1a Updates

1. Fixed button alignment issues with the "Property Editor".

2. Made the console close itself after opening the "Property Editor".

---

Download v1.1a (Source code included.)
http://depositfiles....files/srfiee12c

---

Feel free to re-host this, edit it, use portions of the code, etc,.

Basically, do anything you want with it, just give me credit for my work.

manu90mala
  • manu90mala

Flash Fm

• Members

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:38 PM

amazing mod man, i've been waiting for something like this for so long! finally something more to spend our in game money

Axeman420
  • Axeman420

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:58 AM Edited by Axeman420, 21 May 2012 - 04:37 AM.

Snip...

manu90mala
  • manu90mala

Flash Fm

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:50 AM

by now, i think it could help you to use the IGN liberty city map ign interactive map

look for "points of interest" and then buildings with interiors..that may help you locate the enterable apartments faster

Axeman420
  • Axeman420

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:42 AM Edited by Axeman420, 21 May 2012 - 04:36 AM.

Snip..

Axeman420
  • Axeman420

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:38 AM Edited by Axeman420, 21 May 2012 - 04:36 AM.

You can use my teleporter mod to help you mark properties, it allows you to store named teleport locations, it stores the name, and location in an XML file, with the exact same format this mod expects for those values. (So, store some locations, open the XML for the teleporter mod, copy the relevant data into new entries in this mod. All the info you need to do this can be found in this thread, and the thread for that mod.)

Teleporter Mod
http://www.gtaforums...T&f=65&t=509930

Axeman420
  • Axeman420

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:00 AM Edited by Axeman420, 22 May 2012 - 05:03 AM.

snip..

Axeman420
  • Axeman420

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:04 AM

Okay, I made one more update, see the top post for a list of changes, etc,.

It's worth the update, and makes the mod much more usable, since anyone can easily add properties now. (I've added some other nice features, adding to it's usability too.)

Enjoy. smile.gif

DonSalami
  • DonSalami

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

Man, this mod is awesome!
I have been waiting for something like this for ages. Now it makes sence to continue the game after finishing the story,
trying to become a real estate tycoon biggrin.gif

Only one question:
When I try to add new estates via the PropertyEditor, I can't find a submit-button.
Is there a key-combination to add the new property or is it a bug or am I just to stupid to find the button ?
Thanks in advance!

Regards
DonSalami

Axeman420
  • Axeman420

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:02 AM Edited by Axeman420, 26 May 2012 - 04:21 AM.

QUOTE (DonSalami @ Thursday, May 24 2012, 15:57)

Man, this mod is awesome!

I have been waiting for something like this for ages. Now it makes sence to continue the game after finishing the story,
trying to become a real estate tycoon  biggrin.gif

Only one question:
When I try to add new estates via the PropertyEditor, I can't find a submit-button.
Is there a key-combination to add the new property or is it a bug or am I just to stupid to find the button ?

Thanks in advance!

Regards
DonSalami

Thanks, glad ya like it. smile.gif

I'll have a fix up soon.

---

Update: v1.1a uploaded, see first post. smile.gif

---

I'm working on another update that makes handling IV\DLC properties a bit easier, basically, right now, you need to create new XML files for each episode, and swap them out, etc,. (That's too much work, I'm going to come up with a way of simplifying this.)

I'm also going to create a method of resetting the mod, basically, setting all the properties to not owned. (For new games, etc,.)

gorgonut
  • gorgonut

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

The interface is very friendly and easy. Nice work! I would only prefer the dollar sign on the map to be smaller as well as the buy property circle (in the game) to be changed to something smaller and more dicreet. Keep it up icon14.gif

Axeman420
  • Axeman420

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:10 PM Edited by Axeman420, 28 May 2012 - 01:29 AM.

QUOTE (gorgonut @ Sunday, May 27 2012, 16:26)
The interface is very friendly and easy. Nice work! I would only prefer the dollar sign on the map to be smaller as well as the buy property circle (in the game) to be changed to something smaller and more dicreet. Keep it up  icon14.gif

Thanks, I'm glad ya like it, and I appreciate the feedback. smile.gif

I went with larger ($) icons because I play on a HDTV from across the room, and the default size, was rather small, and hard to distinguish.

I believe they are 1.0f by default, I went with 1.25f which made them rather large, perhaps I'll try 1.15f, or so, I'll see if I can find a middle ground at any rate.

The marker can be made slimmer, but, I don't think I can scale it's height down. (I would like to use the purchasable house marker from San Andreas, but, I haven't been able to locate the model for it yet...)

----

So I don't forget, and for your reference.

Unreleased v1.1b Changes:

1. Each episode has it's own XML file now. (IV\TLAD\TBOGT)

Upgrade note: You can rename your current Properties.xml to keep your old data intact, the new naming scheme is as follows.

IV = Properties.xml
TLAD = TLAD_Properties.xml
TBOGT = TBOGT_Properties.xml

2. The owned status of all properties can be reset to false(not owned), which makes starting a new game much easier. (This effects the current episode, so, if you want to reset TLAD, load TLAD, and use this command, etc,.)

3. Adjusted the icon\marker sizes to be a bit more streamline.

4. New option menu added + options: "Property Editor", "Reset Mod" (This can be accessed through the console using the command "RE_Menu", and replaces the old method of accessing the property editor.)

5. Properties are sorted by name before being saved to XML. (This won't take effect until a change occurs in the XML, the file is only updated when: buying properties, or adding new ones with the editor.)

Axeman420
  • Axeman420

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:25 PM

I'm busy on another project atm, it's going to be a bit until I can get the next release fully tested, packaged up, and up for download.

AreaMan
  • AreaMan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:05 PM

Great mod!

Some issues/questions:

The link to V1.1a is broken. Error message: This file does not exist...

I downloaded v1.1, the one with the buggy Property Editor. The Submit button sits way off to the right and doesn't work. I tried clicking all over the screen, but couldn't get it to submit.

Manually entering new properties looks easy enough, if I could get the x, y, and z coordinates. Where do I find those?

I saw your last post, from June, that you were working on other stuff, do you think you'll release the v1.1b you were contemplating?

Thanks.

Axeman420
  • Axeman420

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:49 AM Edited by Axeman420, 08 November 2012 - 07:31 PM.

This is the best I can do, I have no idea what state it's in, but, it's the latest development version. (ie, v1.1b WIP, never fully tested, etc,.)

http://depositfiles....files/1648mad6s

The source code isn't included here, but, it IS included in previous releases, so, anyone could probably figure out how to fix it up with a little effort.

I've lost everything else, the files above came out of my game directory, I have NO idea what happened to the other files(ie, previous versions, source code, etc,.), they could be buried in some folder, accidentally deleted, etc, who knows.

This version uses a console command, something like rm_menu, it may be the same as v1.1a, so check the first post, you can maybe get the command by typing 'help' in the console, etc,. (I'm pretty sure it list custom commands, maybe, cmdlist, or something, it should be in the readme for .Net script hook..)

---

Edit:

I did submit v1.1a to the hosting site GTAGarage, or whatever site it was, but, it seems to have never got posted, so, maybe one day they'll get around to uploading it... (If I ever find the source for the new version, I'll post it here.)

Mintymanau
  • Mintymanau

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

I'm getting 2 errors when i log into the game.

Error 1 - Error in constructor script of property manager.

Error 2 - cannot deserialize type of buyableproperty

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users