Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:02 AM

"autogiro" is the little willie of VCS

user posted image

Tori_95
  • Tori_95

PHD Guy

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Friday, May 18 2012, 03:46)

Napalm Vehicle? Evidence of a jetpack ?

im thinking in an airplane more

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:05 AM

Exactly! That's an Autocopter / Gyrocopter. This is looking good. To add to my question of the Napalm vehical being the Jet-Pack, is there anything that leads us to believe the Blimp is drivable?

Tori_95
  • Tori_95

PHD Guy

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Friday, May 18 2012, 04:05)
Exactly! That's an Autocopter / Gyrocopter. This is looking good. To add to my question of the Napalm vehical being the Jet-Pack, is there anything that leads us to believe the Blimp is drivable?

i doubt it, as it would be bored and since airplane handling or heli handling are pretty different, R* wont make the effort

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:12 AM Edited by SonofUgly, 18 May 2012 - 04:29 AM.

QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Thursday, May 17 2012, 21:05)

The autogyro here also has the weapon lines for machine guns and rockets that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif
And the Napalm is a Helicopter, it has the model flag for it:
CODE

As for the blimp: no new information.

Edit: Looking through the handling.dat some more it seems that the "Seashark" is a big Ski Doo, perhaps what the speedophile was prior to being a speedophile. Anyway, I think this because it's weight is only 400Kg and it's center of mass is higher than the other boats:
CODE
; name       mass    drag  boy  centreofmass
;SEASHARK      400.0  0.9   55  0.0 -0.3 -0.1

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:38 AM

Hey SonOfUgly, this is a hindgun: user posted image

This would also make since, because unllike IV, you will be able to control which way your gun shoots, therefore making Heli/Plane dogfights easier.

An example would be playing TBOGT, then have someone come up in a Buzzard and you try to shoot them, but you can't tell where you are shooting, because the minigun are so far out, while the Buzzard does not really require skill when it comes to destroying things.

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:53 AM

QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Thursday, May 17 2012, 21:38)
Hey SonOfUgly, this is a hindgun: http://sabbathian.fi...ind-3.jpg?w=640

This would also make since, because unllike IV, you will be able to control which way your gun shoots, therefore making Heli/Plane dogfights easier.

An example would be playing TBOGT, then have someone come up in a Buzzard and you try to shoot them, but you can't tell where you are shooting, because the minigun are so far out, while the Buzzard does not really require skill when it comes to destroying things.

How to put this... I think that the addition of the ' = vehicle weapon handling' is a replacement to the old way the made vehicles have weapons, and that the "HIND_GUN" would just be a replacement to the 'minigun' the Annihilator used (they're both 4 barrel machine guns too, just a side note) - I wouldn't expect any vehicle that uses that weapon identifier to be controllable.
Now if they had a Hind-a-like helicopter in the game I'm not saying that it'd be use a static machine gun, they could make it controllable - I just think that "HIND_GUN" does not equal "controllable machine gun."

SilentnElite
  • SilentnElite

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:10 AM

QUOTE (zzcool @ Thursday, May 17 2012, 22:59)
QUOTE (inflamedeyeball @ Friday, May 18 2012, 02:51)
Thanks for that incredible post, baguvix_wanrltw. Just spent the last half hour reading it.  icon14.gif   cookie.gif

It's a great shame that it's condemned to page 102. Have you asked zzcool if he wants to edit his first post so it incorporates yours yet?

i want to do it i am just waiting for him to say ok to it

I second this idea. icon14.gif

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:55 AM

I'm just asking, but... didn't Bully have snowing?

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:59 AM

QUOTE (MasterK @ Thursday, May 17 2012, 22:55)

Yep.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:07 AM

It had all four seasons, no? One of the few things I liked about that game.

AlfredNTheFettuc
  • AlfredNTheFettuc

Boring Car Fan

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:43 AM Edited by AlfredNTheFettuc, 18 May 2012 - 06:47 AM.

QUOTE (Lysoformic @ Friday, May 18 2012, 06:02)

user posted image

Again, that's not an autogyro, it's just a tiny helicopter.
Unless that's how it was indeed internally called in VCS - then Rockstar were the ones who were wrong.

rare.steak
  • rare.steak

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE (zzcool @ Friday, May 18 2012, 02:02)
QUOTE (baguvix_wanrltw @ Friday, May 18 2012, 00:39)
Alright, I'm done with again reading through all 101 pages for relevant info and have compiled the links and added some explanations.

Now I'll just have to add some sort of summary and the different lists (vehicles, weapons etc).

Then finally, we'll have that "pure info" thread people were asking for.

why not ask me and i'll put it at the front page is it really needed with another thread about the same thing?

+9001 to this.

Ryan almost f*cked it up so luckily baguvix saved the text. Good lad spent 3 hours creating that post and that thick jackass thinks he's doing the community and forum a favour with his trigger happy locking impulse. Rigid-job well done, mod.

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE (AlfredNTheFettuc @ Thursday, May 17 2012, 23:43)

http://img150.images...lewillieqt6.jpg

Unless that's how it was indeed internally called in VCS - then Rockstar were the ones who were wrong.

Isn't it though?
user posted image

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE (SonofUgly @ Friday, May 18 2012, 03:00)

Isn't it though?
http://www.unc.edu/~...gyro2bigger.jpg

Nope. Notice the prop placement. On the autogyro, it's positioned to push the aircraft forward. On the Little Willie from VCS, the tail rotor is positioned to provide counter-torque, just like on any other helicopter.

Unlike helicopter, the autogyro's main rotor is not driven by an engine. It autorotates, which is where the aircraft gets its name. In order for the main rotor to autorotate, the aircraft must be moving forward. To help with this, you will notice that the rotor mast is tilted slightly back. Because torque for main rotor is not provided by the engine, an autogyro does not require a counter-torque tail rotor. On the other hand, since the main rotor isn't powered, it can't be used for propulsion. So there is a pushing prop.

By the shape of it, I'd guess that Little Willie was originally meant to be an autogyro. It does, indeed, look a lot like one. But an autogyro still needs a small stretch of runway to take off from, so for VCS, a helicopter makes a lot more sense. That's probably why they went with a heli in the end. With V having airplanes already, there is no reason not to bring in an actual autogyro. You'd be able to take off from airport or any dirt runway, and you should be able to land just about anywhere.

AlfredNTheFettuc
  • AlfredNTheFettuc

Boring Car Fan

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:09 AM

QUOTE (SonofUgly @ Friday, May 18 2012, 09:00)
Isn't it though?
user posted image

Yes, this is an autogyro.
You can see the configuration of the rear propeller - and of course the main rotor has no power. Also, an autogyro takes off like a regular airplane.
I do think it would be something for Agent, as some of you may have seen You Only Live Twice. But it'd still be fun to fly in GTA if they do it right.

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE (K^2 @ Friday, May 18 2012, 00:08)
QUOTE (SonofUgly @ Friday, May 18 2012, 03:00)

Isn't it though?
http://www.unc.edu/~...gyro2bigger.jpg

Nope. Notice the prop placement. On the autogyro, it's positioned to push the aircraft forward. On the Little Willie from VCS, the tail rotor is positioned to provide counter-torque, just like on any other helicopter.

Unlike helicopter, the autogyro's main rotor is not driven by an engine. It autorotates, which is where the aircraft gets its name. In order for the main rotor to autorotate, the aircraft must be moving forward. To help with this, you will notice that the rotor mast is tilted slightly back. Because torque for main rotor is not provided by the engine, an autogyro does not require a counter-torque tail rotor. On the other hand, since the main rotor isn't powered, it can't be used for propulsion. So there is a pushing prop.

By the shape of it, I'd guess that Little Willie was originally meant to be an autogyro. It does, indeed, look a lot like one. But an autogyro still needs a small stretch of runway to take off from, so for VCS, a helicopter makes a lot more sense. That's probably why they went with a heli in the end. With V having airplanes already, there is no reason not to bring in an actual autogyro. You'd be able to take off from airport or any dirt runway, and you should be able to land just about anywhere.

Oh I see, I didn't even notice the tail rotor (don't remember flying the little willie in VCS, so I was going by the picture there).
And your explanation makes sense for why they just made it a little helicopter.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:16 AM

Has anybody posted handling.dat or equivalent?

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:18 AM Edited by SonofUgly, 18 May 2012 - 07:22 AM.

QUOTE (K^2 @ Friday, May 18 2012, 00:16)
Has anybody posted handling.dat or equivalent?

Yeah, all files from common\data were posted in a rar.

EDIT: http://o.aolcdn.com/...e55af7/data.rar

TMP2143
  • TMP2143

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE (MasterK @ Friday, May 18 2012, 00:55)

It did, but that doesn't mean GTA V won't have snow.

Scotty W.

thekenny5217
  • thekenny5217

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE (nirushan @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 13:32)
btw there is an airport mission in MP3

yes

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE (Fantaseb @ Friday, May 18 2012, 00:09)
Red Dead uses a different engine to them, it might be RAGE, but it is more high level. Everything inside RDR is new and has never been used inside another RAGE game. Max Payne 3 uses some GTAIV Engine code, but alot of it is updated.

Put it this way

RDR "Some new never before RAGE engine made for some random reason" (Uses XSC files instead of the current SCO system used inside GTAIV/MP3 etc)

GTAIV "RAGE Engine version 1"

Max Payne 3 "Rage Engine Version 2"

GTAV "Mix bewteen Engine 2, and 3. Probably more of Rage Engine V3, with some RE2 used"

As for MC: LA, that is probably a "Pre-Beta" version of the RAGE engine they are using to date.

That's what Rockstar Games are doing, every time they update the RAGE engine they call it RAGE 1,2,3,4 etc.... And they will keep doing that until they make a new Engine, and move off the RAGE engine and find a new one which can run on PC/XBOX/PS3 etc.

RAGE was made to give there game a more life like feel, rather than what Saints Row do and other companys.
This is no so real like you think. You talking a sh*t.

user posted image

First of all, the first version of RAGE was in Table Tennis, and it was a very earlier version of RAGE. It was uses RPF0 and RPF1 archives.

Then, GTA IV and MC:LA runs the very similar version of RAGE Engine. Because they both uses the same version of RPF Archives (RPF3), they uses a totally the same Audio system. SCO Scripts very same too, but have different natives. The resources is similar but MC:LA uses own Map system which based on resources not on IDE/DAT/IPL/XPL. Also MC:LA have his own Vehicles system, and not uses this part from GTA.

Next, RDR have a most advantage version of RAGE, it have two types of resources and uses RPF6 Archives.
RDR have a fully new Animation sub system, new AI, new Audio system, and some other things. It uses similar map system with MC:LA*. Also RDR uses a MC:LA Vehicles system*. At last RDR can uses two types of scripts one is SCO (which we all know) and XSC Resources which it fact just SCO Script saved to resource.

*This why you will not see vehicles.ide in RDR or MC:LA

And now, Max Payne 3. In fact MP3 starts from some build of GTA ??/IV/V we can see it from the files. MP3 uses the same Map system to GTA IV, which means we have IDE,DAT,IPL,XPL,WPL etc. Also Max Payne 3 uses GTA Vehicles system and some resources (like models, collisions etc) similar to GTA IV but has been updated. Then, Max Payne 3 have a RDR Animation and cut-scene system. Also Audio system just copied from RDR to Max Payne 3. But Max Payne 3 uses his own RPF4 Archives. The low level AI System also used from RDR not from GTA IV.
As summary: Max Payne 3 is combination of GTA IV and RDR technologies with some improvements/changes.

Next, GTA V. We still don't know which Map system will used in next GTA, because current GTA system not so good at some point. Probable they will have use RDR map system. Also GTA V will used RDR/Max Payne 3 Animation/cut-scene and audio systems. But for sure GTA V will uses the same Vehicles system like other GTA and Max Payne 3.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:58 AM

Who really gives a sh*t anymore? Come on, its just a bunch of cars in nerd text format. The only bit of interest is the hint at snow, but why is it 100 pages worthy...

mirmihir
  • mirmihir

Jerichoholic

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:25 AM

@GooD-NTS: Thank you for a very informative and thoughtful post smile.gif

Fuzz_ball
  • Fuzz_ball

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:26 AM

Has anyone looked inside the model file that has all the models in it to see if there was anything in there? also, you have to look that Max Pyane been in making since GTA: IV was being made too... or little bit after words since they said it back in '09

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Friday, May 18 2012, 09:43)
RDR have a fully new Animation sub system, new AI, new Audio system, and some other things.

Are animations still handled as in-game scripted scenes?
Does the new audio system feature better quality/compression rates then GTAIV? Is the same valid for sounds, music and speech?

HOAXi
  • HOAXi

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:46 AM

Thanks GooD-NTS for your explanation.

My guess is, yes we WILL see some, a lot or all of the vehicles in this thread in V.
That some of the cars are slightly different designed (rims, lights etc...) in MP3 vs GTA doesn't mean anything. It's the same models, that's what matters. It's same as they have done with some of the cars in the GTA series over the years.

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE (Fuzz_ball @ Friday, May 18 2012, 01:26)
Has anyone looked inside the model file that has all the models in it to see if there was anything in there? also, you have to look that Max Pyane been in making since GTA: IV was being made too... or little bit after words since they said it back in '09

I'd like to look into more files, but I don't believe any models have been opened up yet *atleast it hasn't been posted*, and it was posted that no tools will release until after MP3 releases for PC.
As for the second part there, I think MP3 started after GTA IV finished development. Thoughts on the timeline for these files.

Also thank you GooD-NTS for that explanation, I kinda figured the games used different assets and whatnot depending on what they needed, and that there were different branches being used and mixed together however R* saw fit.

MrSmarter22
  • MrSmarter22

BloodFighter lvl 100

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:59 AM

No, they started GTA V after GTA IV developement.

The GTA Guy
  • The GTA Guy

The Frisker

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:10 AM

QUOTE (MrSmarter22 @ Friday, May 18 2012, 10:59)
No, they started GTA V after GTA IV developement.

That's kinda oblivious.

@SonOFUgly, yeah I think they started MP3 after GTA IV aswell. And GooD-NTS, thanks for that post, very informative icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users