GTA V vehicles.ide lines found in mp3 files

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2,495 replies to this topic
TinTinn
  • TinTinn

Эquation

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (baguvix_wanrltw @ Thursday, May 17 2012, 23:23)
QUOTE (TinTinn @ Thursday, May 17 2012, 23:10)
Cuban300

Thanks for the contribution, I'm not sure I can judge whether that fits or not but nice nonetheless wink.gif

However, I believe the plane is named the "cuban800".

My bad/ fixed.

icon14.gif

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (TinTinn @ Thursday, May 17 2012, 19:10)
Cuban300

'Shamel's Older Brother'

user posted image

'As seen in the trailer'

Description

Plane

Cuban300

Real life model: Gulfstream, probably a G-550 or G-650

*Sigh*

First of all, Cuban800, not Cuban300. Second, there is absolutely no indication that it's any relation to Shamal. And finally, both Shamal in San Andreas and the airplane in GTA V trailers are clearly Learjets. If you can't tell the difference between a Gulfstream and Learjet, please, don't even try to make posts like these. You're only confusing people.

Tori_95
  • Tori_95

PHD Guy

• Members

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:37 PM

@zzcool Will you share the info you got with us?

TinTinn
  • TinTinn

Эquation

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (K^2 @ Thursday, May 17 2012, 23:35)
QUOTE (TinTinn @ Thursday, May 17 2012, 19:10)
Cuban300

'Shamel's Older Brother'

user posted image

'As seen in the trailer'

Description

Plane

Cuban300

Real life model: Gulfstream, probably a G-550 or G-650

*Sigh*

First of all, Cuban800, not Cuban300. Second, there is absolutely no indication that it's any relation to Shamal. And finally, both Shamal in San Andreas and the airplane in GTA V trailers are clearly Learjets. If you can't tell the difference between a Gulfstream and Learjet, please, don't even try to make posts like these. You're only confusing people.

FYI, before you made this post I changed it to 800.

Thanks for the warm welcome into this topic.

sarcasm.gif

Anywho, you know aircrafts better than me. At the end of the day, a video game plane doesn't relate to a real life model. Say what you like, please, but I'm sticking with my word.

icon14.gif

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:45 PM Edited by Staten, 17 May 2012 - 11:56 PM.

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Thursday, May 17 2012, 16:33)
A Russian attack helicopter makes perfect sense in AGENT.  Max Payne 3 and Agent were ANNOUNCED within months of each other, and announcements are made when enough work has been done to think, at that time, that the game is going to come out in a reasonable time, like a year.  Neither Max Payne 3 nor Agent were released in a year and Rockstar North seems to be doing something else now.

If you think of RAGE as a gene pool, it's silly to think none of Agent's DNA is in it.

This is quite a likely scenario, and would explain a lot. I imagine that after IV, its version of RAGE was "forked" into two separate versions:
1) The RDR engine
2) The Agent engine

Now, for whatever reason - L.A. Noire? - Agent had to be dropped or put on the back burner, so its code was reused in another project that was a higher priority at the time: MP3.

If this is right, then this explains why IV-era car names and unknown vehicles can be found in MP3's code: they are the remnants of the code's previous use. The new vehicles were ones that were devised for Agent. It would also explain why the vehicles are listed as "depreciated": they are for a project the code is no longer used for.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:49 PM Edited by K^2, 17 May 2012 - 11:52 PM.

QUOTE (TinTinn)
At the end of the day, a video game plane doesn't relate to a real life model. Say what you like, please, but I'm sticking with my word.

Some GTA vehicles are rough caricatures of real life counterparts. Some are even mixes of several different vehicles. This goes for aircraft as well. The new Hydra from GTA V trailer is a chimera, slapped together from F-35B Lightning II and AV-8B Harrier II. On the other hand, there are plenty of vehicles that are copied from counterpart almost perfectly. Most airplanes in SA are good examples. A few cars in the trailer as well. And most importantly, even though there are just a few frames on which the new Shamal is seen, it is unmistakably an almost perfect replica of Learjet 55. You have the row of rectangular windows running just to the leading edge of the wing, the wing geometry and proportion, the position of the wing on the fuselage, the long nose so iconic of the Learjets. Spending any amount of time doing research tells you that it's not just sort of based on one aircraft or another. It is the Learjet 55.

You can call it a g650 all you want, though. You see how I'm not editing or deleting your posts? If you want to make posts about things you don't understand making claims that are so blatantly false, it's you who everyone will laugh at. No loss to me. I'm just here to point it out.

If this is right, then this explains why IV-era car names and unknown vehicles can be found in MP3's code: they are the remnants of the code's previous use. It would also explain why the vehicles are listed as "depreciated": they are for a project the code is no longer used for.

They are listed as "deprecated" because they were only used for testing. But the rest of it might be right. The "new" vehicles don't have to be from V. Some could have came in from other projects.

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (Xx-ADITYA-xX @ Thursday, May 17 2012, 23:27)
Isn't the Cuban a Hotrod from Grand Theft Auto: Vice City? It IS, so how can a plane be named after it? monocle.gif

Ah but the Mustang car was named after the P-51 Mustang plane.

baguvix_wanrltw
  • baguvix_wanrltw

Cynical, yeah. Bitter, probably.

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:39 AM

Alright, I'm done with again reading through all 101 pages for relevant info and have compiled the links and added some explanations.

Now I'll just have to add some sort of summary and the different lists (vehicles, weapons etc).

Then finally, we'll have that "pure info" thread people were asking for.

Diesel311
  • Diesel311

Hunter of V's

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (baguvix_wanrltw @ Thursday, May 17 2012, 20:39)
Alright, I'm done with again reading through all 101 pages for relevant info and have compiled the links and added some explanations.

Now I'll just have to add some sort of summary and the different lists (vehicles, weapons etc).

Thank you putting the effort in to compile this info. Looking forward to your thread.

TinTinn
  • TinTinn

Эquation

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:07 AM

. This goes for aircraft as well. The new Hydra from GTA V trailer is a chimera, slapped together from F-35B Lightning II and AV-8B Harrier II.

Interesting.

I wasn't angry at the fact you corrected me; rather the way you corrected me with the sigh and the attitude of, 'I know everything'.

Tori_95
  • Tori_95

PHD Guy

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:21 AM

i think the discussion ended and this should be locked and pinned or something
they can do another post with new info

EDIT: Where are you deepthroatgta4?

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:24 AM

I say we keep it unlocked until that guy creates the 'info compilation' thread.

Jewstinian
  • Jewstinian

Sprouting Brass and Slinging Lead

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:27 AM

Here's what happened after I saw this.

After seeing this, my mind was substantially blown. Why would GTA files be in Max Payne 3? Eventually, my curiosity had gotten the better of me, and I attempted to discuss with anyone at GTWiki why is a topic from a forum used as substantial proof and what makes it so real? My friend spaceeinstein replied with this.

user posted image

Doing a bit more research into the topic, I decided to search up in GTA IV's Content Changes. Here's what I found.
user posted image

My theory is that the snow vehicles could have been canceled for IV. Further evidence can prove this by an article I read up on a while back that stated GTA IV was originally going to planned up as Liberty State, but was cut very early in development (I wish I bookmarked it).

Any thoughts? orly.gif

THEMANatwar
  • THEMANatwar

Work Hard, Play Hard

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (TheJustinAllenK @ Friday, May 18 2012, 01:27)
Here's what happened after I saw this.

After seeing this, my mind was substantially blown. Why would GTA files be in Max Payne 3? Eventually, my curiosity had gotten the better of me, and I attempted to discuss with anyone at GTWiki why is a topic from a forum used as substantial proof and what makes it so real? My friend spaceeinstein replied with this.

user posted image

Doing a bit more research into the topic, I decided to search up in GTA IV's Content Changes. Here's what I found.
user posted image

My theory is that the snow vehicles could have been canceled for IV. Further evidence can prove this by an article I read up on a while back that stated GTA IV was originally going to planned up as Liberty State, but was cut very early in development (I wish I bookmarked it).

Any thoughts? orly.gif

Hmm It makes sense, but who really knows what its based on. V could use files from IV...

baguvix_wanrltw
  • baguvix_wanrltw

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:38 AM Edited by baguvix_wanrltw, 18 May 2012 - 01:43 AM.

Facts thread created.

... and locked. Wow, that was fast. And sucks kind of, because I don't have the text saved. EDIT: Luckily I was still able to copy it from a small textbox below.
... and many people asked for that thread.

WHY THE f*ck COULDN'T YOU TELL ME THIS WASN'T WANTED BEFORE I MADE THE f*ckING THREAD...

I've wasted more than two days with this sh*t, f*ck this, do the rest by yourselves.

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (TheJustinAllenK @ Friday, May 18 2012, 01:27)

Any thoughts? orly.gif

It's possible assuming that the Liberty State version of IV ever got past the planning stages. There's no real indication of that. Snow could've been intended as a weather effect without a snowy environment actually being included.

But it's impossible to know for sure. It'll be interesting to see how all this pans out when we get actual info in the future.

baguvix_wanrltw
  • baguvix_wanrltw

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:46 AM Edited by baguvix_wanrltw, 28 May 2012 - 01:57 PM.

EDITED 6 times (since zzcool copied it to the front page)

[thereisnostriketag_ignorethis]Anyway, since Ryan seems to think it's better to post this on f*cking page 102 so noone will ever see all the info organized in one simple place (like they requested...) I'll just post this here, at least then the last 3 hours weren't a complete waste.

Still, that's it with contributions from me as obviously they are not at all appreciated by anyone. f*ck this.

So, here's what was once the "facts thread" you folks wanted.[/thereisnostriketag_ignorethis]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...for all the lazy people here who requested this topic to be made smile.gif

First of all, let's get the basics right.

THE STORY OF THE THREAD
On May 15th, GTAForums member zzcool started the infamous "GTA V vehicles.ide lines found in mp3 files" thread.
He posted some text from the vehicles.ide file found within common.rpf of the Max Payne 3 Xbox 360 version.
This text contained references to GTA, which one(s) is up for debate.

People started finding vehicle names and other things that don't seem to belong to IV, meaning they might have been taken from V.
At some point, forum members Fantaseb and twisted89 joined in, declaring they were the ones who actually found the data.
They started supplying us with screenshots and text excerpts as proof they weren't faking it, but nobody was quite sure.

Then, Fantaseb posted an E-Mail he believed to have gotten from Gary Foreman at Rockstar, however the E-Mail was clearly fake (the mail address belongs to a domain owned by Nokia, there are grammatical problems, Foreman apparently hasn't worked at Rockstar for some time etc.).
That's why everbody jumped to the conlusion that everything Fantaseb, twisted89 and zzcool posted had to be fake, and the thread was (probably) almost closed.

But then GooD-NTS (the coder of OpenIV) uploaded a video of himself opening the Max Payne 3 files in OpenIV's internal developer version to Youtube, proving the files the three guys claimed to have gotten from Max Payne 3 were really on there, and that the file contents they posted were real as well.

GooD-NTS later came to the thread and declared he didn't think much of Fantaseb, but what he claimed to have found was indeed real.

Ever since then we've been looking over these files (manually), then I coded a little tool to make searching the files easier.

That's where we are now.

WHY ARE THERE FILES FROM (MAYBE) GTA V ON THE MAX PAYNE 3 DISC(S)?
Rockstar uses the RAGE engine for their games, and it updates it as it sees fit, meaning: often times, code that they have already written for a certain game can just be copied to another game, and then edited from there.
That's usually way faster and easier than writing everything from the start again.
So apparently what happened is that someone at Rockstar copied some files from GTA:SA, GTA IV and apparently even an early version of GTA V to Max Payne 3 and just edited those files to work with Max Payne; however, he/she did NOT delete the old data, but instead usually just commented it out (by using ";" or "#" at the start of lines), which meant the code can still be read, but the program that's supposed to read those files will just ignore the lines marked as comments.

HOW DID THEY GET THOSE FILES OFF THE DISC(S)?
Max Payne 3 for Xbox 360 was leaked to the web on 2012/05/10 by P2P "group" XPG, in the meantime it's gone on sale in the US as well.
People downloaded that and started looking through the files in order to mod the game.
To do that, they had to extract the .iso file an xbox disc usually comes in when it's downloaded, there are multiple tools that you can use for that; within they found (mostly) .rpf (Rage Package Format) files.
Forum member twisted89 wrote his own tool (or possibly modified SparkIV or OpenIV) to extract those .rpf files and was able to see what files were contained within.
One of those files was "vehicles.ide", another one was "handling.dat" and by now we've (apparently) seen most files from common.rpf.

HOW DO WE KNOW THESE FILES HAVE ANY RELATION TO GTA V?
In those files, there are mentions of the "Andromeda", "Dodo", "Rhino", many vehicles that were in IV ("Infernus") but also some that have not been seen in a GTA game yet; this is NOT definitive proof they belong to V, but it makes it seem the most likely option.
First of all, we KNOW the vehicles are not from Max Payne 3 but at least some GTA (many who played the entire game confirmed this, also many of the car names make it a dead giveaway).
Then we know, thanks to another member, that the definitions for the "Andromeda" differ between GTA:SA and what is in the "new" files; according to that member, the definitions (like speed etc.) for that vehicle seem reminiscent of a "HD era" (IV, V) GTA, not an "SD era" GTA, and apparently was also found in the IV files.
So all in all, we can't be quite sure where they came from yet (some files might even be from Agent), but at least some of them seem to best fit V.

HOW CAN I HELP? I WANT TO FIND SOMETHING COOL TOO!
First of all, download the "data.rar" file Fantaseb posted (post, download), extract the file to a new folder (using either WinRAR or 7-zip on Windows).
If you have some time to spare, the best thing you can do is to just look through all of the files, opening them with a text editor (like "Notepad", formerly known as "Editor" on Windows).
Just look through them and see if you can find something that has not been mentioned yet, or more proof for something that was mentioned.

However, if you don't have much time to spare, you can just download findInTXT (post, download), a little tool I quickly whipped up.
Using that, you can open all of the files and search through them automatically.
All you need to do is to start the program, click "Open directory...", select the directory you extracted the data.rar to, enter a search term (like "claude") and then click "Save to .txt file...".
The program will create a new text file there that contains a list of all files that were searched and, if the search term was found, where and how often it was found.
Just read through that .txt file and report any interesting finds.

Thanks for helping, I'm sure we're all anxious for new information!

Alright, now that we got that out of the way, let's get down to the new finds.

CHARACTERS
Jimmy (see this post)
What it comes down to is:
- there are vehicles (that were neither in MP3 nor GTAIV) listed as "Jimmy vehicles" in handling.dat, right next to "Max Payne vehicles"
- these vehicles seem to almost scream "we belong in GTA"
- we do not know who Jimmy is; I like to believe he is V's protagonist. But he might be a mission giver (in V), or the main character from Bully (doesn't make much sense) or the main character of Agent (which I believe is dead, but even if it's not, I doubt a car named "farting", another one named "69" and a bobsleigh would fit what we know about Agent).
Also, in one mission in GTA IV ("Final Interview") Francis McReary greeted Niko Bellic with "Hey, uh, Jimmy". This doesn't explain any of the vehicles either, so it's most likely just coincidence (or, Rockstar having some fun with us by calling GTA IV's protagonist by GTA V's protagonist's name... or, maybe Niko was actually known as "Jimmy" before they decided his real name, and the vehicles are beta vehicles from IV).
- my own personal unproven entirely made up theory is that Jimmy is "Jimmy the Gent" crossed with "Henry Hill" (the main characters in Goodfellas) and we start where Goodfellas left off, after "Jimmy Hill" tried to start a new life after snitching on his old mob buddies; he requested to be transferred "somewhere warm" when talking to the feds.
- If you remember Trailer 1, this *might* fit pretty well (voice similar to Henry Hill/Ray Liotta [apparently Ned Luke iirc], "Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather", "be a good guy for once", "but you know how it is"...)

VEHICLES
Many people have made many vehicle lists, see the links below. I'll quote my own as (as far as I know) it's the only one where vehicles that WERE in IV are DELETED.

Vehicles listed in vehicles.ide and/or handling.dat and/or carcols.dat which were NOT in GTA IV:

bikes
- bikebmx (might be from GTA:SA)
- bikedrt (might be from GTA:SA)
- bikequd (might be from GTA:SA)
- enduro
- faggio2
- jz125
- spike
- z75

boats
- bassboy (probably MP3)
- bayer (probably MP3)
- boat_chase (probably MP3)
- boat_rs (probably MP3)
- botsab (probably MP3)
- chika (probably MP3)
- contbo
- cs2000
- drug_boat (probably MP3)
- edsboat (probably MP3)
- fishboat_a (probably MP3)
- fishboat_b (probably MP3)
- fishboat_c (probably MP3)
- fishboat_d (probably MP3)
- fishboat (probably MP3)
- fisher (probably MP3)
- gunboat (probably MP3)
- mini_boat (probably MP3)
- mini_orig (might be MP3)
- p_mi_botfsh (probably MP3)
- ph_boat_s (probably MP3)
- ph_boat_l (probably MP3)
- sabs_boat (probably MP3)
- skivvy
- small_gb (probably MP3)
- small_gb2 (probably MP3)
- smug (probably MP3)
- sporto (probably MP3)
- tinny (probably MP3)
- whaler (probably MP3)
- woody (probably MP3)
- woody2 (probably MP3)

cars
- bobsleigh
- brzbus (probably MP3)
- cadge (probably MP3)
- car_brzhatchplc (probably MP3)
- car_brzsedanplc (probably MP3)
- car_brzsedan (probably MP3)
- car_brzhatchjnk (probably MP3)
- car_brzsedanjnk (probably MP3)
- carga (probably MP3)
- casco
- dune
- flatty (probably MP3)
- furzen (farting in german)
- gant
- hauler
- prairie
- railmu
- rhino
- seinove (69 in italian)
- skimobile
- snowplough
- winky

planes/helis
- androm(eda) (probably planned for either IV or V)
- autogiro
- bchopper
- bentham (probably MP3)
- cavierao (probably MP3)
- cuban800
- dodo
- fighter (was apparently planned for IV)
- heli_cp (probably MP3)
- heli_cs (probably MP3)
- heli_luxury (probably MP3)
- heli_rebel (probably MP3)
- heli_tfe (probably MP3)
- heli_ufe (probably MP3)
- heli_vcpf (probably MP3)
- hind
- napalm
- nevada
- ph_heli (probably MP3)
- scamp

trains
- chairlift
- lighty
- monorail
- monorail2
- monorail3
- subway (instead of subway_lo or _hi)
- train_carg (probably MP3)
- trainf_carg (probably MP3)
- trainr_carg (probably MP3)
- train_int (probably MP3)

Thanks to Catwalk who informed me the "tug" boat, "apc" and "vanpony" cars were already in IV and/or EFLC.

ACTIVITIES
Seem to include many kinds of activities in snow, see link list below.

LOCATIONS
Seem to be more/bigger than thought before, see link list below.

WEAPONS

animgrp.dat
Line 5: # o WeaponGroup( (Resident/Streaming),   groupname )
Line 44: # Weapon groups
Line 45: # o WeaponGroup( (Resident/Streaming),   groupname )
Line 47: #WeaponGroup( Resident, gun@ak47 )
Line 48: #WeaponGroup( Resident, gun@baretta )
Line 49: #WeaponGroup( Resident, gun@deagle )
Line 50: #WeaponGroup( Resident, gun@handgun )
Line 51: #WeaponGroup( Resident, gun@mp5k )
Line 52: #WeaponGroup( Resident, gun@rocket )
Line 53: #WeaponGroup( Resident, gun@shotgun )
Line 54: #WeaponGroup( Resident, gun@uzi )
Line 55: #WeaponGroup( Resident, gun@rifle )
Line 56: #WeaponGroup( Streaming, gun@binoculars )
Line 57: #WeaponGroup( Streaming, gun@camera )
Line 58: #WeaponGroup( Streaming, gun@c4 )
Line 59: #WeaponGroup( Streaming, gun@detonator )
I believe those are Max Payne 3 weapons.

handling.dat
Line 60: ; (Dw) m_fWeaponDamageMult
Line 380: ; '�' identifies this line as vehicle weapon handling data when loading
Line 384: ;    Weapon1       Weapon2          TurretVel2   MiscVar1
Line 386: ;� DUNE  VEHICLE_WEAPON_DUNE   1 NULL      0   1.0 0.0   0.0  0.0
Line 387: ;� RHINO  VEHICLE_WEAPON_TANK   0 NULL      0   1.0 0.0   0.66 1.5
Line 388: ;� HIND  VEHICLE_WEAPON_HIND_GUN  0 VEHICLE_WEAPON_HIND_ROCKET 0   5.0 0.0   0.0  0.0
Line 389: ;� ANNHIL  VEHICLE_WEAPON_HIND_GUN  0 NULL      0   0.0 0.0   0.0  0.0
Line 390: ;� APC   VEHICLE_WEAPON_HIND_GUN  0 NULL      0   1.0 0.0   0.66 1.5
Line 391: � CAVIERAO VEHICLE_WEAPON_CAVEIRAO_GUN 0 NULL      0   2.0 0.0   0.66 1.5
Line 392: � CAVIERAO_VAR VEHICLE_WEAPON_CAVEIRAO_VAR_GUN 0 NULL      0   2.0 0.0   0.66 1.5
Line 393: ;� AUTOGYRO VEHICLE_WEAPON_HIND_GUN  0 VEHICLE_WEAPON_HIND_ROCKET 0    0.0 0.0   0.0  0.0
Line 394: ;� NAPALM  VEHICLE_WEAPON_HIND_GUN  1 VEHICLE_WEAPON_HIND_ROCKET 0    0.0 0.0   0.0  0.0

hud.dat
Line 63: HUD_WEAPON_ICON   0.936,0.025 0.150,0.113 HUD_COLOUR_WHITE 255
Line 74: HUD_WEAPON_CROSSHAIR  0.5,0.5  0.020,0.027 HUD_COLOUR_MENU_YELLOW_DARK 200
Line 75: HUD_WEAPON_HEALTH_TARGET 0.5,0.5  0.018,0.024 HUD_COLOUR_GREEN 0
Line 76: HUD_WEAPON_ARMOUR_TARGET 0.5,0.5  0.014,0.018 HUD_COLOUR_BLUELIGHT 0
Line 77: HUD_WEAPON_DOT   0.5,0.5  0.002,0.002 HUD_COLOUR_WHITE 200
Line 90: HUD_WEAPON_SCOPE  0.5,0.5  0.360,0.451 HUD_COLOUR_WHITE 255
Line 91: HUD_WEAPON_SCOPE_BIT_1  0.264,0.585 0.173,0.233 HUD_COLOUR_BLACK 100
Line 92: HUD_WEAPON_SCOPE_BIT_2  0.410,0.500 0.180,0.210 HUD_COLOUR_BLACK 150
Line 153: HUD_WEAPON_ICON   0.912,0.030 0.150,0.113 HUD_COLOUR_WHITE 255
Line 164: HUD_WEAPON_CROSSHAIR  0.5,0.5  0.020,0.027 HUD_COLOUR_MENU_YELLOW_DARK 240
Line 165: HUD_WEAPON_HEALTH_TARGET 0.5,0.5  0.016,0.022 HUD_COLOUR_GREEN 235
Line 166: HUD_WEAPON_ARMOUR_TARGET 0.5,0.5  0.013,0.017 HUD_COLOUR_BLUE  235
Line 167: HUD_WEAPON_DOT   0.5,0.5  0.004,0.004 HUD_COLOUR_WHITE 255
Line 180: HUD_WEAPON_SCOPE  0.5,0.5  0.360,0.451 HUD_COLOUR_WHITE 255
Line 181: HUD_WEAPON_SCOPE_BIT_1  0.264,0.585 0.173,0.233 HUD_COLOUR_BLACK 100
Line 182: HUD_WEAPON_SCOPE_BIT_2  0.410,0.500 0.180,0.210 HUD_COLOUR_BLACK 150

loadoutscreen.xml
Too many to list, but most likely Max Payne 3 related

unlockingrules.xml
Line 46:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_PISTOL_PT92" new="false"></trigger_unlock>
Line 47:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_SMG_MAC10" new="false"></trigger_unlock>
Line 48:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_PISTOL_38" new="false"></trigger_unlock>
Line 49:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_SHOTGUN_MOSSBERG590" new="false"></trigger_unlock>
Line 50:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_RIFLE_RUG30" new="false"></trigger_unlock>
Line 51:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_RIFLE_AK47" new="false"></trigger_unlock>
Line 72:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_THROWN_FLASH" new="false"></trigger_unlock>
Line 73:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_THROWN_GRENADE" new="false"></trigger_unlock>
Line 74:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_THROWN_TIN_CAN" new="false"></trigger_unlock>
Line 100:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_PISTOL_COLT1911"></trigger_unlock>
Line 101:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_SMG_MP5" new="false"></trigger_unlock>
Line 102:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_MG_RPD"></trigger_unlock>   
Line 103:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_RIFLE_FAL"></trigger_unlock>  
Line 104:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_SMG_FAMAEMT40"></trigger_unlock>
Line 105:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_SMG_PM12"></trigger_unlock>
Line 106:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_SHOTGUN_BENELLIM3"></trigger_unlock>  
Line 201:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_THROWN_SMOKE"></trigger_unlock>
Line 202:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_THROWN_TEAR_GAS"></trigger_unlock>
Line 205:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_RIFLE_97LC"></trigger_unlock>
Line 206:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_SNIPER_SG1"></trigger_unlock>
Line 207:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_PISTOL_GLOCK18"></trigger_unlock>  
Line 208:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_PISTOL_TAURUS608"></trigger_unlock>
Line 209:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_SHOTGUN_SPAS15"></trigger_unlock> 
Line 210:    <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_RPG"></trigger_unlock>
Line 250:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_MP_STREAK_WEAPONDEALER"></trigger_unlock>
Line 276:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_PISTOL_DEAGLE"></trigger_unlock>
Line 277:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_SMG_UZI"></trigger_unlock>
Line 278:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_SHOTGUN_WINCHESTERSX3"></trigger_unlock>
Line 279:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_SHOTGUN_DOUBLEBARREL"></trigger_unlock>
Line 280:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_RIFLE_G36K"></trigger_unlock>
Line 281:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_MG_21E"></trigger_unlock>
Line 282:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_GRENADE_LAUNCHER"></trigger_unlock>  
Line 283:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_WEAPON_SNIPER_M82"></trigger_unlock>
Line 295:   <trigger_unlock semantic="UL_MP_STREAK_WEAPONDOUBLEDEALER"></trigger_unlock>
I believe those are Max Payne 3 weapons.

unlocks.xml

weaponlevels.xml

WHICH POSTS CONTAIN RELEVANT INFO, DATA, NEWS OR EXPLANATIONS?
zzcool - Post #1, first vehicle finds in following posts
zzcool - SparkIV Beta screenshot
zzcool - Vehicle list probably incomplete
Fantaseb - RPF info, how they got the files
Fantaseb - Rhino found in handling.dat
Fantaseb - carcols.dat
ton-resta - GTA V (?) car "Seinove" found, means "69"
hithere5 - Snow vehicles hint at larger playable area than claimed
Fantaseb - vehicles.ide (?) repost
Da Perzinga - vehicles.ide from IV for comparison
Blaster_NL - First vehicle list
Blaster_NL - Comparison of Infernus in IV and MP3/V
me - Explanation of file origin and other stuff
me - GTA V (?) car "Furzen" found, means "farting/to fart"
twisted89 - Showing his tool "MP3 Extractor"
Okin - Confirmed vehicles in trailer for comparison
me - "MP3 extractor" won't be released (from PM)
Zee - Always amusing
PrometheusX - vehicle list for new (?) planes, bikes and helis; more finds in following posts
Gege - His version of Blaster_NL's list, commented
Driftking120 - Rockstar routinely leaves old files in new games
me - Why we can't confirm anything on page 22 (but someone else has in the meantime)
PrometheusX - vehicle.ide format explained
Fantaseb - How they got the files #2
Fantaseb - handling.dat post
MiamiVice1984 - First media outlets picking up story
Fantaseb - carcols.dat (repost)
Method - Locking cars possible?
Fantaseb - vehicles.ide and vehicle list
SilentnElite - Andromeda and Fighter found
twisted89 - animgrp.dat post
DjMiikkii - Z75 bike might be Kawasaki Z750 (or that's just a Vader)
SonofUgly - Binoculars, cameras, heli drivebys found
siloz141097 - Updated vehicle list with comments
me - List of vehicles in vehicles.ide, carcols.dat, handling.dat, that were NOT in IV
sh1sh1n11 - Snowy areas around LA
Execta - Yet another explanation of the vehicles
twisted89 - Unknown file post (not in Fantaseb's data.rar) with text "gta"
gtav nut - twisted89's last post seems to indicate airport in IV or V
twisted89 - Why he won't release his tool
me - Ways to prove this entire thing real or fake
twisted89 - List of files in common.rpf (with timestamps)
zzcool - Car customisation coming back?
me - Why this doesn't scream "fake" like other things do
Gege - gta_radar?
Fantaseb - The email from the fake Gary Foreman
Lt. Caine - Monorails near LA
me - Max Payne 3 PS3 data differs from 360 data in every single file
Deadly Target - GooD-NTS just posted proof this is NOT fake to Youtube!
Flashify - Rockstar "can not comment at this time"
little_idiot - seinove.com found (not sure if connected to Rockstar)
me - Why the Youtube video GooD-NTS made proves the files are real
GooD-NTS - Joins the thread
Fantaseb - handling.dat and vehicles.ide full files post
Fantaseb - Most of the files in common.rpf (data.rar)
GooD-NTS - Confirms the files are real once again
lafantome - Skiing found in ambient.dat
me - Explanation why many thought this was fake after the email Fantaseb posted
BlackandWhite23 - San Francisco, Las Vegas and LA? (probably from GTA:SA)
Vugo - carcols.dat has vehicle info too
Vugo - carmods.dat might hold interesting info
Fantaseb - Max Payne 3 disc 1 content
me - Files with "gta" in the filename in Fantaseb's data.rar
Fantaseb - More Max Payne 3 disc 1 content
me - "Jimmy vehicles" line and belonging vehicles (with new ones) found, Protagonist in V?
SonofUgly/me - Garage found in files, possibly back in V after there were none in IV?
Fantaseb - RDR data structure for comparison
me - Gunboat and Whaler found to not be in IV, however they turned out to be in Max Payne 3
BrunoLK - By far the best explanation of everything that happened so far
Diesel311 - References to "Skiiers" found
Diesel311 - Reference to "skiing" found
zzcool - More info [on game features] to come (?)
GooD-NTS explaining files and their origin again
SonofUgly - differences V/MP3/IV in vehoff.csv
twisted89 - Can we just load these vehicles in Max Payne 3?
me - Posting a tool that makes searching the files much easier and faster
me - All references to "ski" or "snow" in the files we have so far (including "Ped will attempt to ski")
me - All references to "garage" in the files we have so far (only one seems to be interesting)
me - All references to "androm", "bmx" and "chil" in the files we have so far
me - All references to (possible) characters in the files we have so far
Gtaplayaminigun - Explanation of differences in Andromeda (SA) and what appears to be the IV and/or V version
Gtaplayaminigun - Explanation of handling.dat format (at the bottom)
Fantaseb - On RAGE
TinTinn - What he thinks the "cuban800" plane might look like
K^2 - Why TinTinn is wrong
TheJustinAllenK - Snow was apparently planned for IV?
SonofUgly - Why those "unknown" vehicles most likely are not from IV (beta)
SonofUgly - Seashark boat/jet-ski (?) found
K^2 - On the "autogyro"
GooD-NTS - More info regarding RAGE versions
SilentnElite - Guards (might be from MP3 as that has many guards)
me - No evidence of "Speedophile 2000" from the trailer

MY THOUGHTS ON THIS MATTER:
- Garages might return, hooray!
- I don't think we'll see fishing or whaling in V, at least we have no proof of that right now because all the fishing/whaling vehicles that were found are used in Max Payne 3
- I think all of the weapons that were found are actually used in Max Payne 3
- I think at least some of the (as of yet unknown) vehicles that were found will be in V
- I think we will see skiing, riding snowmobiles and snowplows as well as snowing weather in V
- If the snow stuff is true, that indicates a larger gameplay area than Rockstar claimed
- The "Jimmy" thing is very weird, I think we can all agree on that, why would they have two sections in handling.dat - one named "Max Payne vehicles" with... you guessed it, Max Payne vehicles - and one named "Jimmy vehicles" with vehicles that clearly belong to a GTA game?
I think this is a hint at "Jimmy" actually being the protagonist's name, what other reason could there be to refer to GTA vehicles as his?
Someone suggested he might be a mission giver but that doesn't make too much sense to me personally, see the last sentence.
Maybe (and I'm aware this is wishful thinking) we'll play as "Jimmy Hill" who is a mix of "Jimmy the Gent" and "Henry Hill", the two main characters of Goodfellas (which has always been an inspiration for GTA).
The voice in the Trailer reminds me of Henry Hill/Ray Liotta (yes I know this was discussed before and isn't him but probably Ned Luke who imho sounds almost exactly the same).
Maybe we'll continue where Goodfellas ended, with Jimmy just having fled/being relocated by the Feds to a sunny place (like "Henry Hill" asked for in the movie).
Remember... "Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather... be a good guy for once... play ball, sit in the sun... but you know how it is."
Sounds to me exactly like "Goodfellas 2 - No way out" or a good next storyline for GTA wink.gif
But of course, there isn't much proof for that right now, again, this is just my wishful thinking.

HOW DID ROCKSTAR REACT TO ALL THIS?
Either like this or like this. (Credit to the original posters, Hurrikane and DiarioDePernambuco)

Alright, that should be that, I'll try to edit this as new information becomes available / new proof surfaces for or against anything I've said here, but I'm not here 24/7.

Please discuss your opinions but read the stuff above first to avoid unnecessary questions.

stee_vo
  • stee_vo

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE (baguvix_wanrltw @ Friday, May 18 2012, 01:38)
Facts thread created.

... and locked. Wow, that was fast. And sucks kind of, because I don't have the text saved. EDIT: Luckily I was still able to copy it from a small textbox below.
... and many people asked for that thread.

WHY THE f*ck COULDN'T YOU TELL ME THIS WASN'T WANTED BEFORE I MADE THE f*ckING THREAD...

I've wasted more than two days with this sh*t, f*ck this, do the rest by yourselves.

Since when was that our responsibility?

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:52 AM

@baguvix_wanrltw Great job with it, we appreciate your time and effort; this will help a lot of people. I recommend you remove your signature and replace it with a link to this thread.

rare.steak
  • rare.steak

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:54 AM

Holy sh*t, so I took a few days off the forum, not expecting much from MP3 that has to do with V and here we have 100 pages in a couple of days... time to spend some time catching up.

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:55 AM

Someone found this on max payne 3 discs ?? i found this at some files in there This is from IV look:
# maintained by Miguel Freitas,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
# this file contains info necessary to render the radio hud.

# NOTES
#      The RadioHud Manager will load all files that are named RadioHud.dat,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
#      It is VERY important to suply the textures file cont,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ainer.

# ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# RADIO TEXTURES CONTAINER - Texture container (.itd filename) that has this textures.
#                          - the symbol '+' separates the containers from the textures.
# ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+
platform:/textures/radio_hud_colored 1
platform:/textures/radio_hud_noncolored 0
+

# STRUCTURE:
# -RADIO NAME           -> Corresponds to the Radio name stored in American.txt.
# -RADIO NAME FOR HASH  -> Radio name which will hashed to create a unique id for this radio.
# -BLACK/WHITE TEXTURE  -> Black & White Logo file name.
# -COLORED TEXTURE      -> Colored Logo file name.
# -VISIBEL AREA         -> The real visible area of the texture so that the spacing between the textures can be the same.
# -YPos Modifier HD     -> Modifier applied when the sprite has to be aligned at the top in HighDef mode
# -YPos Modifier CRT    -> Modifier applied when the sprite has to be aligned at the top in CRT mode

# ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# -RADIO NAME-  -RADIO NAME FOR HASH-  -BLACK/WHITE TEXTURE- -COLORED TEXTURE- -VISIBEL AREA-  -YPos Modifier HD-  -YPos Modifier CRT-
# ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RADIO_0    BEAT_95      beat_bw     beat_col   74     -0.00400     -0.02800
RADIO_1    VLADIVOSTOK     vladivostok_bw   vladivostok_col  89     -0.00400     -0.02800
RADIO_2    WKTT      wktt_bw     wktt_col   72     -0.00200     -0.02600
RADIO_3    FUSION_FM     fusion_bw    fusion_col   94     -0.00200     -0.02600
RADIO_4    K109_THE_STUDIO    k109_bw     k109_col   82     0.00400     -0.02000
RADIO_5    BABYLON      tuffgong_bw    tuffgong_col  111     0.01300     -0.01100
RADIO_6    NY_CLASSICS     theclassics_bw   theclassics_col  111     0.01300     -0.01100
RADIO_7    THE_VIBE     thevibe_bw    thevibe_col   94     0.00500     -0.01900
RADIO_8    PLR       plr_bw     plr_col    72     -0.00300     -0.02700
RADIO_9    DANCE_MIX     electrochoc_bw   electrochoc_col  106     0.01000     -0.01400
RADIO_10   AFRO_BEAT     if99_bw     if99_col   97     0.01000     -0.01400
RADIO_11   JAZZ_NATION     jnr_bw     jnr_col    77     -0.00100     -0.02500
RADIO_12   HARDCORE     lchc_bw     lchc_col   88     0.01000     -0.01400
RADIO_13   LIBERTY_ROCK    lrr_bw     lrr_col    65     -0.00300     -0.02700
RADIO_14   BOBBY_KONDERS    massiveb_bw    massiveb_col  67     -0.00300     -0.02700
RADIO_15   DANCE_ROCK     radiobroker_bw   radiobroker_col  103     0.00400     -0.02000
RADIO_16   CLASSICAL_AMBIENT   thejourney_bw   thejourney_col  108     0.01000     -0.01400
RADIO_17   SAN_JUAN_SOUNDS    sanjuan_bw    sanjuan_col   73     0.00200     -0.02200
RADIO_18   INTEGRITY     integrity_bw   integrity_col  100     0.00500     -0.01900

# eof

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:59 AM

@baguvix_wanrltw good job. Sucks that only a handful of people will see it.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (baguvix_wanrltw @ Friday, May 18 2012, 00:39)

why not ask me and i'll put it at the front page is it really needed with another thread about the same thing?

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:03 AM Edited by SonofUgly, 18 May 2012 - 02:05 AM.

QUOTE (TheJustinAllenK @ Thursday, May 17 2012, 18:27)

Any thoughts?  orly.gif

I'm kinda leaning towards the idea that snow vehicles and some other things were from other betas too, but I'm not sure this info is from IV.
A lot of the files that aren't used in MP3 seem to be an edited version of IV's. For instance in handling.dat:
CODE
; '£' identifies this line as vehicle weapon handling data when loading

GTA IV doesn't use that identifier at all, it seems that the identifier was added to the engine - and if it was than the vehicles that use that identifier were also an addition to IV; ie, after the game:
CODE
;£ DUNE  VEHICLE_WEAPON_DUNE   1 NULL      0   1.0 0.0   0.0  0.0
;£ RHINO  VEHICLE_WEAPON_TANK   0 NULL      0   1.0 0.0   0.66 1.5
;£ HIND  VEHICLE_WEAPON_HIND_GUN  0 VEHICLE_WEAPON_HIND_ROCKET 0   5.0 0.0   0.0  0.0
;£ ANNHIL  VEHICLE_WEAPON_HIND_GUN  0 NULL      0   0.0 0.0   0.0  0.0
;£ APC   VEHICLE_WEAPON_HIND_GUN  0 NULL      0   1.0 0.0   0.66 1.5
£ CAVIERAO VEHICLE_WEAPON_CAVEIRAO_GUN 0 NULL      0   2.0 0.0   0.66 1.5
£ CAVIERAO_VAR VEHICLE_WEAPON_CAVEIRAO_VAR_GUN 0 NULL      0   2.0 0.0   0.66 1.5
;£ AUTOGYRO VEHICLE_WEAPON_HIND_GUN  0 VEHICLE_WEAPON_HIND_ROCKET 0    0.0 0.0   0.0  0.0
;£ NAPALM  VEHICLE_WEAPON_HIND_GUN  1 VEHICLE_WEAPON_HIND_ROCKET 0    0.0 0.0   0.0  0.0

Also in that you can see the ANNHIL, or Annihilator, which uses the HIND_GUN (my guess to that is its a 4-barrel machine gun), but in GTA IV it uses a dummy set to be a minigun.
There's also other examples like the cargrp.dat which isn't used by MP3 at all, and yet it has been changed: All the cars have been removed, and replaced by just the seinove, and it's been edited to a more organized layout.

So, while I'm not sure what this code was/is used for, I don't think it was used for GTA IV, but after it.

QUOTE (Edward-Is-A-Flunky45)
Someone found this on max payne 3 discs ?? i found this at some files in there This is from IV look:

The radio files are the same as GTA IV, but MP3's lacks Independce FM because it's from the Xbox 360 build.

Diesel311
  • Diesel311

Hunter of V's

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:23 AM

Interesting find Son! icon14.gif

inflamedeyeball
  • inflamedeyeball

New Carcass album coming this year!

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:51 AM

Thanks for that incredible post, baguvix_wanrltw. Just spent the last half hour reading it. icon14.gif cookie.gif

It's a great shame that it's condemned to page 102. Have you asked zzcool if he wants to edit his first post so it incorporates yours yet?

Alan0x1
  • Alan0x1

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:57 AM

Sigh..

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE (inflamedeyeball @ Friday, May 18 2012, 02:51)
Thanks for that incredible post, baguvix_wanrltw. Just spent the last half hour reading it. icon14.gif cookie.gif

It's a great shame that it's condemned to page 102. Have you asked zzcool if he wants to edit his first post so it incorporates yours yet?

i want to do it i am just waiting for him to say ok to it

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE (zzcool @ Thursday, May 17 2012, 22:02)
QUOTE (baguvix_wanrltw @ Friday, May 18 2012, 00:39)

why not ask me and i'll put it at the front page is it really needed with another thread about the same thing?

See that? Team work. I second that idea.

xmas.gif

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:46 AM Edited by DarrinPA, 18 May 2012 - 03:48 AM.

QUOTE (baguvix_wanrltw @ Thursday, May 17 2012, 20:46)
planes/helis
- autogiro

If this means an AutoGyro/Gyrochopter is in the game, RockStar is going to be filling GTAV with FUN vehicles just like last time.

NAPALM  VEHICLE_WEAPON_HIND_GUN  1 VEHICLE_WEAPON_HIND_ROCKET

Napalm Vehicle? Evidence of a jetpack ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users