• Belarus

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:02 PM

MegaImg GTAV

huevos_benedicto_180
  • huevos_benedicto_180

Spring 2013

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (Freezer89 @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 14:02)
QUOTE (huevos_benedicto_180 @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 15:59)
QUOTE (stee_vo @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 13:57)
QUOTE (huevos_benedicto_180 @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 13:54)
QUOTE (twisted89 @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 13:37)
QUOTE (huevos_benedicto_180 @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 13:32)
QUOTE (zzcool @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 13:30)
this thread is soon gonna hit 100 000 views i might actually have made the third most popular gta 5 thread on gtaforums wow

Where did your friend get this list from? Sorry if it's already been answered.

I got them from the max payne 3 files which has been mentioned about 1m times.

From the Xbox or the PS3?

XBOX..

Okay, just as a question, how do you get that information from a console game? I thought you could only do that for PC games. I'm probably very wrong.

Yup. The disc can be read on the PC (with tools and ISO or so).. yeah, you can look up in all the files.

Alright, cheers. I was curious and didn't feel like trawling through 50 or so pages. An updated original post would be a very good idea. (Not you obviously, that was to zzcool)

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

No problem.

QUOTE (cyber666 @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 16:02)
MegaImg GTAV

Blank page for me dozingoff.gif

huevos_benedicto_180
  • huevos_benedicto_180

Spring 2013

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE (Freezer89 @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 14:05)
MegaImg GTAV

Blank page for me dozingoff.gif

It's the Crews advert in the MP3 instruction manual. I have no idea why it's here.

Bohan Bomber
  • Bohan Bomber

ShadyAftermath

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

Inform Cockstar via Newswire that you will be exposing more info until we receive an official statement. Oh yes, I'm thinking blackmail devil.gif

inflamedeyeball
  • inflamedeyeball

New Carcass album coming this year!

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

MegaImg GTAV

That pic has its own thread.

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=510162

FortunateSon
  • FortunateSon

Henerald's The man!

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (Bohan Bomber @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 14:21)
Inform Cockstar via Newswire that you will be exposing more info until we receive an official statement. Oh yes, I'm thinking blackmail devil.gif

Mockstar don't respond to slackmail. Give yourself a ribboned basket for all of your crannies, for that, for you, for him.

Gtaerix
  • Gtaerix

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:37 PM

Woohooo! GTA is getting closer.

jumper2011
  • jumper2011

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:37 PM

@GTAVfan1 Stay on topic.

lol

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (FortunateSon @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 14:34)

Mockstar don't respond to slackmail. Give yourself a ribboned basket for all of your crannies, for that, for you, for him.

Delete your account and come up with a new gimmick

najtrows
  • najtrows

R* Fanboy

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

that MILO business might be from Max Payne 3.

SPOILER: one of the maps is an airport and it might be the interior from that one

gtasadude
  • gtasadude

Stunter

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:14 PM Edited by gtasadude, 16 May 2012 - 03:25 PM.

QUOTE (baguvix_wanrltw @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 04:06)
ShakingASS (wonderful nickname btw).

Also, to add something (more or less) worthwhile to the thread, at least the audio files are different between 360 and PS3 (all audio files on 360 sum up to 2.631.702.528 bytes for both discs while the PS3 audio.rpf alone weighs in at 2.729.373.696 bytes and there's probably other audio*.rpf files [like audio_amb.rpf] on there too).

The rest, I'll know tomorrow.

Another thing: I just realized it wouldn't help us even if twisted89 released his "MP3 Extractor" or gave it to some trusted person on those forums because obviously he could just have coded it to always show some fake files instead of those that are really in a .rpf.
So he would have to release the sources so we could look at the code ourselves, which he most obviously won't.

So our only chances to (dis-)prove this are either someone else who comes up with an extractor/the magic key or the PC version.

Here's my big issue with the thread. I have no problem believing that these files could have been left over in Max Payne 3, but we have no second source to confirm this information. Until then, it should be considered fake. Anybody can look at the vehicles.ide from GTA IV and modify it, and seeing as there's no logical reason for files from GTA V to be included in Max Payne 3 it's a little bit fishy as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, files get left over from other games, but I think it's a bit of a stretch to suggest that they would need to copy GTA V's vehicles.ide file into a build of Max Payne, at any point during development. Why would they do it? Think about how the vehicles.ide file is constructed in the first place. How would it benefit them in any way to copy it from GTA? They probably construct the file automatically using their in-house tools, I find it hard to believe that they would need to copy the file from GTA. I'm not saying the information is fake, but until we can confirm the validity of this find then it should be considered as such. Wait until somebody releases public tools for MP3, then we can confirm it.

The guy who leaked the information seems very odd as well. At every point in the topic, he's been making a lot of effort to inform people that it was him who found the information. Why would he do that? It's not about him, so is he just trying to get famous off the back of a fake leak? Who knows, this is why we need to find out. And about 'Max Payne 3 Extractor', for private tools why would he go to the effort of copying Spark IV, taking a logo from Max Payne 3 and adding it to the taskbar? All the signs point to this being an elaborate fake, until we can really confirm it.

XxcamptechxX
  • XxcamptechxX

Bold New Erection

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

Just a thought I'm a rather avid fisherman and I got thinking under boats it says there's one named "bassboy" opens a possibility of inland water or some source of fresh water being a bass boat... Just a thought!

FortunateSon
  • FortunateSon

Henerald's The man!

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

I hope Interlockstar let us drive our favoutite Montego's this time around. I want my Montego!

What's your favourite Montego?

gtav nut
  • gtav nut

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (XxcamptechxX @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 15:23)
Just a thought I'm a rather avid fisherman and I got thinking under boats it says there's one named "bassboy" opens a possibility of inland water or some source of fresh water being a bass boat... Just a thought!

fishing would be lethal.

Gege
  • Gege

ZoSo

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

Cablecars (Skycar) from GTA IV: (and those in New York)

user posted image

According to Wikipedia:
"An aerial tramway (U.S. English), cable car (British English), ropeway (Japanese) or aerial tram is a type of aerial lift which uses one or two stationary ropes for support while a third moving rope provides propulsion."

So only the British use the name "Cable Car" which points to the fact that GTA is made in Edinburgh. The original Cable Car is the one in SF, but they used the name in GTA IV for that "skylift".

XxcamptechxX
  • XxcamptechxX

Bold New Erection

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (gtav nut @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 15:27)
QUOTE (XxcamptechxX @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 15:23)

fishing would be lethal.

Hell ya fishing would be awesome. I also think its cool to have like a lake or something out I the country or in the location of the mountain scene or something. Anyways just gettin my hype back again

twisted89
  • twisted89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (gtasadude @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 15:14)

Also, to add something (more or less) worthwhile to the thread, at least the audio files are different between 360 and PS3 (all audio files on 360 sum up to 2.631.702.528 bytes for both discs while the PS3 audio.rpf alone weighs in at 2.729.373.696 bytes and there's probably other audio*.rpf files [like audio_amb.rpf] on there too).

Another thing: I just realized it wouldn't help us even if twisted89 released his "MP3 Extractor" or gave it to some trusted person on those forums because obviously he could just have coded it to always show some fake files instead of those that are really in a .rpf.
So he would have to release the sources so we could look at the code ourselves, which he most obviously won't.

So our only chances to (dis-)prove this are either someone else who comes up with an extractor/the magic key or the PC version.

Here's my big issue with the thread. I have no problem believing that these files could have been left over in Max Payne 3, but we have no second source to confirm this information. Until then, it should be considered fake. Anybody can look at the vehicles.ide from GTA IV and modify it, and seeing as there's no logical reason for files from GTA V to be included in Max Payne 3 it's a little bit fishy as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, files get left over from other games, but I think it's a bit of a stretch to suggest that they would need to copy GTA V's vehicles.ide file into a build of Max Payne, at any point during development. Why would they do it? Think about how the vehicles.ide file is constructed in the first place. How would it benefit them in any way to copy it from GTA? They probably construct the file automatically using their in-house tools, I find it hard to believe that they would need to copy the file from GTA. I'm not saying the information is fake, but until we can confirm the validity of this find then it should be considered as such. Wait until somebody releases public tools for MP3, then we can confirm it.

The guy who leaked the information seems very odd as well. At every point in the topic, he's been making a lot of effort to inform people that it was him who found the information. Why would he do that? It's not about him, so is he just trying to get famous off the back of a fake leak? Who knows, this is why we need to find out. And about 'Max Payne 3 Extractor', for private tools why would he go to the effort of copying Spark IV, taking a logo from Max Payne 3 and adding it to the taskbar? All the signs point to this being an elaborate fake, until we can really confirm it.

In answer to your question about the logo on my tool I was planning on releasing it for the PC version as soon as its out.

gtasadude
  • gtasadude

Stunter

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (twisted89 @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 15:37)
In answer to your question about the logo on my tool I was planning on releasing it for the PC version as soon as its out.

Why not release it for the Xbox now? The possibility of cheating is no excuse, because you've already done that according to a video by Fantaseb. If this is real, you shouldn't be worried about letting others look through the files as well.

j.hunt
  • j.hunt

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

i wonder how loud are laughing the developers at Rockstar Games reading the forums. i hope it helps them to relax a bit wink.gif

twisted89
  • twisted89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (gtasadude @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 15:44)

Why not release it for the Xbox now? The possibility of cheating is no excuse, because you've already done that according to a video by Fantaseb. If this is real, you shouldn't be worried about letting others look through the files as well.

I think there's quite a bit difference between 1 person modding a game and releasing the tool and letting anyone with hacked firmware mod the game and destroying it like gta iv.
And I'm really not too bothered whether you believe it or not, those files were released merely to show people what may be coming in GTA V.

gtav nut
  • gtav nut

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (j.hunt @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 15:49)
i wonder how loud are laughing the developers at Rockstar Games reading the forums. i hope it helps them to relax a bit wink.gif

believe me its LOUD.lol

spiderman3000
  • spiderman3000

Street Cat

• Members

Why the left it? Jeez I dont know.... maybe they left on purpose??? It's quite obvious

Oh and I agree with you on that. We need someone else to confirm this. Better wait for the PC version

grovestreet...home
  • grovestreet...home

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Max Payne is a 3rd person shooter that involves no driving (I assume). It would be absurb for Rockstar to create a bunch of new cars to add to the map just for MP3. It would be much easier to borrow cars from a previous GTA game or even a GTA game currently in development. Modelling anything takes a very long time, games companies will take shortcuts where it is neccessary. I agree we cannot confirm this is genuine yet, but we're sure to find out soon, if not when the PC version comes out.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:52 PM

Finally got caught up with this thread! *wipes sweat off forehead*

So when can we expect more "info" zzcool? biggrin.gif

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

I'm just gonna point this out. If R* sees this which in my mind it is impossible for them not to, wouldn't they take the files out of the pc version anyway?

gtasadude
  • gtasadude

Stunter

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:55 PM Edited by gtasadude, 16 May 2012 - 03:58 PM.

QUOTE (twisted89 @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 15:49)

I think there's quite a bit difference between 1 person modding a game and releasing the tool and letting anyone with hacked firmware mod the game and destroying it like gta iv.
And I'm really not too bothered whether you believe it or not, those files were released merely to show people what may be coming in GTA V.

So you should hack the game, but everybody else can't? One person causing harm in the game is no better than 100 people doing the same, it's still wrong. Just because you have the ability to change something, doesn't mean you should. I could destroy a building if I wanted to, but that doesn't mean that I should, and nobody would ever respect me for doing so. The same applies here, people who cheat in multiplayer are c*nts as far as I'm concerned tounge.gif .

And yes, I don't believe it until we can confirm it. We shouldn't trust the information of one/two random modders on the internet, that's just common sense.

QUOTE (grovestreet...home @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 15:50)

Max Payne is a 3rd person shooter that involves no driving (I assume). It would be absurb for Rockstar to create a bunch of new cars to add to the map just for MP3. It would be much easier to borrow cars from a previous GTA game or even a GTA game currently in development. Modelling anything takes a very long time, games companies will take shortcuts where it is neccessary. I agree we cannot confirm this is genuine yet, but we're sure to find out soon, if not when the PC version comes out.

Did you read the vehicles.ide? All of the so called 'GTA V' vehicles are depracted, so your point is invalid. They have no use for them.

baguvix_wanrltw
  • baguvix_wanrltw

Cynical, yeah. Bitter, probably.

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:56 PM Edited by baguvix_wanrltw, 16 May 2012 - 04:08 PM.

For all of those too stupid/lazy to read the thread:

- there's no snowplough or skimobile or andromeda plane or dodo in MP3, also no Infernus or Rhino. The "deprecated" refers to "not needed anymore", as in: "I, developer X, have already made all changes and additions to the file from game X (THAT I USED AS A TEMPLATE) that are needed for game Y which runs on the same engine, so I don't need the data from game X anymore, so I delete it OR COMMENT IT OUT AND MARK IT "NOT NEEDED ANYMORE".
- "you are stupid, it says MP3 vehicles" - read AT LEAST ONE PAGE of the thread, maybe then you'll get it through your thick skull, I alone have explained this 20 times by now and others have as well... in short, there ARE ONLY vehicles for MP3 at the top, then vehicles that WERE in MP3 and some that we have NEVER SEEN BEFORE (neither in Max Payne) at the bottom.
- "the MP3 Extractor tool looks fake because it has a logo"... that's one of the first things I usually do when programming something new, adding a nice (preliminary) logo, takes only a couple of minutes (or seconds, if you have something you can just copy).

If you can actually get your ADD riddled brains to concentrate for more than 5 seconds, read this post where I explained all of this 40 pages ago:

As others have noted, this does indeed seem legit, but as far as I understand right now there's no way to verify that unless someone posts the keys needed to decrypt the Max Payne data files.
If you rip (using a special drive with special software, your normal CD/DVD/BD burner won't do) or download Max Payne 3 you will end up with an .iso file (well, two actually) which you can open with Xbox360 ISO Extract[ (current version with "XGD3" support, Google if you have to); with that tool you can extract the .iso file contents, which will give you a whole lot of .rpf files (audio.rpf, sp_memory.rpf, xbox360.rpf and many others).

I'm not into GTA/RDR/MP3 modding so I can't tell you much more than that; but my guess is ".rpf" stands for "Rockstar Package Format", which is most likely a proprietary file storage format that allows them to combine multiple files into single container files; this has the added benefit of not allowing normal users to tamper with any of the files within because that would change the data hash which would give the file a huge red flag of the "DON'T LOAD ME, I HAVE BEEN EDITED" kind (which, of course, you can just ignore if you can hack the game executables like on "JTAG'd" or "RGH'd" Xbox360s [or development kits of course]).

My guess would be you can load those .rpf files with some editor (like apparently SparkIV?) using the correct key for the game (version).

Then, like in the screenshot posted a few pages before this post, you'll get a list of files contained in the .rpf container file, which you can then view.

And that's (probably) where the vehicle info came from.

As for MP3, I've played through the entire game (and f*cking hate it for way too many reasons to list here but mostly for having nothing to do with the old Max Payne games, not being "noir" at all and gameplay like a (bad) cross between GoW and Kane & Lynch) and can guarantee you you don't drive a single car (or boat), only other characters do for you (like Passos in the boat and the girl in the bus); and you most certainly never get near any snow vehicles, there are none in the game.

All in all I'd guess those are indeed vehicles from V, although the list is most likely incomplete (probably copied over from early V files to MP3).

So how about the keys guys? Proof is always better than info only a single party can verify.

And thanks for the post, as well as the initial data of course, nice to finally have some news.

Oh, and one last thing: could people *PLEASE* stop calling things like this "leaks"? A leak happens when information gets out from some internal place, i.e. an employee.
These are files found in a final version of a game consumers can buy today, they're just there. They're a very good (and early, props!) find. But not a leak.
---
Just to add to this if anyone doesn't feel like reading through the 13 previous pages (which will probably expand to at least 50 by tomorrow):
- The "#" at the start of lines in the .ide files mark everything in that particular line as a comment, meaning it won't be read like a normal entry would but instead will be ignored.
- "deprecated" in this case most likely refers to the data "not being used" anymore; as a programmer you often copy over old code (or settings like in this case) and then just add the new code, taking the old code as an example. Then you usually delete the old code, but apparently (someone at) Rockstar likes just commenting it out.
- People are so sure this data comes from a GTA game because of some of the vehicle names which have been the same since the GTA III era (like Infernus, Dodo, Andromeda, ...).

As for a list of vehicles that are (or are said to be) in the MP3 vehicles.ide but NOT the GTA IV vehicles.ide, see this post; some of those vehicles belong to MP3, but some CLEARLY do not.

It's almost 3:30am here so I guess I should go to sleep but before I do, here's a list of vehicles that are not in the GTA IV vehicles.ide but mentioned in the "deprecated" part of the vehicles.ide that's apparently stored in Max Payne 3's "common.rpf" file.

Or, in other words, these *might* be new vehicles in V, though some of them seem to be used in Max Payne 3.

cars
- apc
- bobsleigh
- brzbus (probably MP3)
- cadge
- car_brzhatchplc (probably MP3)
- car_brzsedanplc (probably MP3)
- car_brzhatchjnk (probably MP3)
- car_brzsedanjnk (probably MP3)
- carga
- casco
- cs2000
- dune
- flatty
- furzen (farting in german)
- gant
- hauler
- prairie
- railmu
- rhino
- seinove (sixty nine in italian)
- skimobile
- snowplough
- vanpony
- winky

bikes
- enduro
- faggio2
- jz125
- spike
- z75

helis
- autogiro
- bchopper
- bentham
- heli_vcpf (probably MP3)
- heli_tfe (probably MP3)
- hind
- napalm
- scamp

planes
- cuban800

boats
- bassboy
- chika
- contbo
- edsboat
- fishboat_a
- fishboat_b
- fishboat_c
- fishboat_d
- fisher
- gunboat
- p_mi_botfsh
- sabs_boat
- small_gb2
- smug
- sporto
- tinny
- tug
- whaler
- woody
- woody2

trains
- chairlift
- lighty
- train_carg
- trainf_carg
- trainr_carg
- train_int

More new vehicles (that are not in GTA IV's vehicles.ide) are listed in the files Fantaseb posted in posts #1061305240 (carcols.dat) and #1061305202 (unknown).

I wasn't going to post those but who cares, since I was already at it... sleep is for losers.

carcols.dat:
- car_brzsedan (probably MP3)

unknown file:

planes/helis
- androm(eda)
- cavierao (probably MP3)
- dodo
- fighter
- heli_luxury (probably MP3)
- heli_cp (probably MP3)
- heli_ufe (probably MP3)
- heli_cs (probably MP3)
- heli_rebel (probably MP3)
- nevada
- ph_heli

trains
- subway (instead of subway_lo or _hi)
- monorail
- monorail2
- monorail3

boats
- boat_chase
- boat_rs
- botsab
- drug_boat
- fishboat (instead of _a, _b, _c, _d)
- mini_boat
- mini_orig
- ph_boat_s
- ph_boat_l
- skivvy
- small_gb

bikes
- bikebmx
- bikedrt
- bikequd

twisted89
  • twisted89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (gtasadude @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 15:55)
QUOTE (twisted89 @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 15:49)

So you should hack the game, but everybody else can't? One person causing harm in the game is no better than 100 people doing the same, it's still wrong. Just because you have the ability to change something, doesn't mean you should. I could destroy a building if I wanted to, but that doesn't mean that I should, and nobody would ever respect me for doing so. The same applies here, people who cheat in multiplayer are c*nts as far as I'm concerned tounge.gif .

And yes, I don't believe it until we can confirm it. We shouldn't trust the information of one/two random modders on the internet, that's just common sense.

QUOTE (grovestreet...home @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 15:50)

Did you read the vehicles.ide? All of the so called 'GTA V' vehicles are redacted, so your point is invalid. They have no use for them.

Haha, comparing 1 mod to destroying a building? bit much.
I'm not going to release the tool for xbox, get over it.

gtasadude
  • gtasadude

Stunter

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (twisted89 @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 15:59)
Haha, comparing 1 mod to destroying a building? bit much.
I'm not going to release the tool for xbox, get over it.

The point is that just because I have the ability to make godmode for Max Payne 3, it doesn't mean that I should. It benefits nobody, and unfairly impacts a lot of people. That's wrong, and you shouldn't do it. Simple as that.

I don't care if you release a tool for the Xbox, but you can't expect anybody with common sense to trust your information without it. The only people who will believe this without proof are either ignorant, misinformed or plain stupid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users