Quantcast

» «
Photo

The PC Chat Internet Directory

25 replies to this topic
Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:10 PM Edited by PrometheusX, 05 November 2012 - 08:03 PM.

user posted image

Welcome to the new and improved PC Chat Internet Directory!

Every day on the internet there are thousands of people downloading dodgy virus ridden software In the hope that they can speed up, optimise, protect their precious notebook, PC, laptop from the nasty’s.

WE NEED YOUR HELP!

We need to create a new PC Chat Internet Directory of extra ordinary magnitude! Built by the community for the community, so step up and be a true GTA Forumer and please contribute to our new thread.

Index
Anti-Virus
Browsers
Benchmarking & Monitoring Utilities
CD Rippers/Burners
Compression
E-Retailers
Firewalls
Freeware O/S
FTP Clients/Servers
Game Applications
General Tech review and news sites
Hard Drive Disks (HDD)
Imaging
Instant Messengers/Chat App/Communication
Memory
Motherboards
Multimedia Stuffs
Operating Systems
Office Software
OverClocking Sites
Overclocking Tools
P2P (for legal purposes)
PC Building Guides
PC Cases
PC Cooling Sites
PC Modifying Sites
PC Manufacturers
Processors & Chipsets
Software Download Sites
Solid State Drive (SSD)
Spring Cleaning Tools
Spyware Removers
Sound Cards
Video Cards

General Tech Review and News Sites
AnandTech

ArsTechnica

ExtremeTech

FreshNews

[H]ard|OCP

HARDWAREZONE

LOSTCIRCUITS

Slashdot

TechReport

Tomshardware

TheInquirer

TheRegister

VR-ZONE

Warp2Search

XBitlabs

TechScrutiny

Overclocking Sites
BroadbandReports

OverClockers

XtremeSystems

ExtremeOverclocking

Software Download Sites
AlternativeTo

Download.com

FileHippo

Benchmarking & Monitoring Utilities
CPUID

CPU info reader
Memtest86

Memory test and burn-in
Prime95

Stress testing
SiSoft Sandra

Benchmarking
OpenSourceMark

Stress testing
belarc

System Management
BAPCo SysMark

Stress testing

Processors & Chipsets
AMD

Intel

VIA

nVidia

SIS

News

AMDZone

PCPerspective

nForcersHQ

Motherboards
Manufacturers

ASUS

TYAN

GIGABYTE

MSI

EVGA

AOpen

LEADTEK

Intel

DFI

SUPERMICRO

Guides & Info

Motherboards.org

Hard Drive Disks (HDD)
Manufacturers

Hitachi
Western Digital

Seagate

Solid State Drive (SSD)
Manufacturers

Kingston

Crucial

Intel

Corsair

ADATA

OCZTechnology

Western Digital

Kingston

Samsung

Samsung

Memory
Crucial

Corsair

GeIL

Kingston

Transcend

TwinMOS

Video Cards
Manufacturers

AMD

nVidia

Matrox

SiS

3DLabs

News, Fan, Troubleshooting Sites w/ Forums

nvnews

nVidia

RAGE3D

AMD

Review & Info Sites

Beyond3D

Guru3D

Benchmarking & Other Utilities

Fraps

Framerate

Futuremark

Benchmark

DriverHeaven

Driver Cleaner

Microsoft DirectX

Microsoft DirectX

Sound Cards
Manufacturers

ASUS

Sound Blaster

Razer

PC Cases
Manufacturers

Thermaltake

Lian Li

CoolerMaster

Corsair

RAIDMAX

NZXT

Antec

PC Cooling Sites
Heatsink/Fan Manufacturers

Thermaltake

Thermalright

SwiftTech

Vantec

AavidThermalAlloy

CoolerMaster

Water Cooling Manufacturers

AquaStealth

All-in-One Liquid Cooling Kits

Asetek

Corsair

Thermaltake

NorthQ
Antec
Guides & Info

WaterCooling101

XSPC

PC Manufacturers
Custom Gaming

Alienware

Falcon

Voodoo

VelocityMicro

CyberPowerPC

General

HP

Dell

Gateway

Sony

PC Building Guides
Custom Gaming

BuildeasyPC

MySuperPC

ExtremeTech

PCSTATS

PC Modifying Sites
Xtremods

Operating Systems
Windows

Windows

WinSuperSite

Windows Skins, Themes, Wallpapers...etc

ThemeXP

SHADOWNESS

Deviantart

Linux

SHADOWLinux.com

LinuxQuestions

LinuxJournal

Linux Distros

Ubuntu

Redhat

KNOPPIX

Gentoo

Suse

Debian Linux

E-Retailers
Price Comparison/Retailer Rating Sites

PriceGrabber

PriceWatch

DealTime

Main Hardware Retailers

newegg

Tigerdirect

NCIX

Scan

SuperBiiz

eBuyer

Cooling, Modifying, Cables...etc

SHADOWXoxide

FrozenCPU

CablesToGo

CrazyPC

SVC

Browsers
-
___://Product Name/Link ___://Description ___://Recommended by
-Mozilla FireFoxA free web browser. Alot faster, stable and less security issues. The better alternative to IE.
De_Spank
-Advant BrowserTry Avant Browser, an upgrade to Internet Explorer. Avant Browser is a fast, stable, user-friendly, versatile multi-window browser. Now, Avant Browser is available in 40 languages.
Xcommunicated
-OperaAnother free alternative to IE. Many people prefer this over IE or Firefox, i prefer Firefox but it's simply your preference. A disadvantage is that the free version is ad-supported.
De_Spank
-Internet ExplorerNot a very popular browser due to the amount of attacks it can get. Some people like it.
Butters 2011
-SafariGreat browser from Apple, but rarely used by Windows users.
Butters 2011
-Maxthon BrowserNot a very popular browser either. Not used much.
Butters 2011
-DeepnetExplorerNot a very popular browser either. Not used much.
Butters 2011
-Google ChromeA new and reliable web browser. One of the best.
leik oh em jeez!

Firewalls
-
-Zone AlarmZonealarm is very well known free-full feature firewall. What i like about it is the program control, it allows you set which programs have access rights to the Internet. It is very good at blocking unwanted incoming and outing traffic.De_Spank
-Comodo Personal Firewall"The experts agree, when it comes to internet safety, Comodo's Firewall software is the choice the pros turn to." Pretty much this.
PrometheusX
-Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro[/color]Although it isn't widely known, It's excellent. One of the best.
PrometheusX

FTP Clients/Servers
-
-FlashFXPFTP clientDalpura
-SmartFTPFTP clientDalpura
-AceFTPFTP clientDalpura
-WsFTPFTP clientDalpura
-CerberusFTPFTP serverAtomic178
-Filezilla FTPFTP serverwolf68k

P2P (for legal purposes)
-
-I2PA good P2P Client, for legal purposes of course.K^2
-TorBest and Safest P2P Client.K^2
-uTorrentBitTorrent Client - Very Popular.Gareth Croke
-PeerBlockBitTorrent peer IP blocker for 'spy' IP's and untrustworthy IP's.Gareth Croke

Spring Cleaning Tools
-
-Hijack ThisA very nice prog to clean out your IE. but be warned it's a very easy prog and watch out that you don't delete something you don't want to delete.TwoZero
-CCleanerCCleaner is simply the number-one tool for cleaning your PC.PrometheusX
-SpywareBlasterProtect against the fastest growing threats on the Internet.
MiNdLeSs
-UnhideRestores start menu items after it has turned "empty" as well as make all of your files visible again after a infection.
*** Unhide will only work if no cleaner program are used. If a cleaner software is used, then shortcuts to the programs are
permanently lost and unhide will not be able to recover it. For that user will have to manually add the shortcut links manually to the
start menu. Unhide is not a virus removal tool.***
Stinky12

Instant Messengers/Chat App/Communication
-
-SkypeA freeware, nice, easy too use program that lets you call every skype
user for free over the internet. Just download it, have some
headphones and you can talk to your friends, for free!
vALKYR™
-AOL Instant MessengerAOL's instant messenger, very popular.
De_Spank
-TrillianOne of my favourite programs. You can use MSN, AIM, ICQ and Yahoo all from one program altogether.
De_Spank
-PidginA really good instant messanger that lets you use aim, yim, msn, irc, and a few others.
Stained
-Msn MessengerProbaly the best Instant Messenger around.
De_Spank
-ICQ Instant Messenger ICQ another IM, I don't like it much but you choose.
De_Spank
-Messenger Plus Messenger Plus adds distinct new features to MSN making the experience more enjoyable?
De_Spank
-mIRC[/color]Windows IRC Client.
Atomic178

Overclocking Tools
-
-EVGA PrecisionOne of the newest overclocking tools, it's really great.
PrometheusX
-CPU-ZCPU-Z is a freeware detection program base on the Panopsys hardware detection engine. It allows to get information on your system. amc1
-3DMark A good free benchmarking tool. It test the capabilities of your processor and graphics card and gives them a combined score and information on your pc. afr0man
-nTune nVidia's overclocking tool.leik oh em jeez!
-OCCT A good for burn-in/stress testing graphic cards.Wolf68k
-ATITool In my opinion the best ATI video card overclocking utility. Fully automatically for the newbies that want to OC. Click go and let it run then your all set.Atomic
-Speed Fan Gives a bunch of reading and OC's too I think, fun to play with.Atomic
-EVGA OC ScannerAnother good for burn-in/stress testing graphic cards.Wolf68k
-MSI AfterburnerAn OCing tool based on RivaTuner.Wolf68k

Multimedia Stuffs
-
-WinampWMP sucks. This is quick, simple, looks good and it works goddamn it.De_Spank
-Quicktime Basically a program to play .mov files.De_Spank
-Crystal Player The best damn video player in the world. It plays everything. Really things on my hdd wich I didn't even know what it was seemed to be movies and played (it where *.m2v files). This player is just awesome it has onscreen menu's is easy to use and is free! although I have the Pro version wich includes many filters for fixing up bad movies.TwoZero
-VuPlayer Another very good fee mp3/ogg/wav/wma/whatever player.TwoZero
-K-Lite Codecs Pack Free codec pack that contains almost every video and audio codecs used these days. Including Divx, Xvid, AC3, WAF and more. This is really a pack for the normal users. Just a installer and you can play all your movies in your favourite video player.TwoZero
-Media Player Classic - Home CinemaMedia Player Classic - Home Cinema project is based on the original "Media Player Classic" SourceForge project created by Gabest.PrometheusX
-VirtualDubVirtualDub is a video capture/processing utility for 32-bit Windows platforms (95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP)movies.amc1
-Media Jukebox Media player (what I use), the best IMO.Atomic178
-Real PlayerGood player, but not the best.PrometheusX
-VLC Media PlayerNice little video player, supports all the usual formats. Has versions for Linux, Winows, and other operating systems. I use this for playing video because its stable and doesnt have a fugly gui.Atomic

Freeware O/S
-
-Knoppix Linux For the people who want to try Linux. This is a linux version that can boot from a cd and doesn't require installation.TwoZero
-Mandriva Linux One of the most user friendly linux versions. Includes a wide range of extra software and has the best GUI there is for linux installation.TwoZero
-Suse Linux Also a user friendly version of Linux. The differnce with Mandrake is that Suse also supports Development enviourments, and is a good disto for developing graphical programs.TwoZero
-Redhat Linux IMO the best version of Linux. Simple interface runs on almost every machine. This is the best version for advanced Linux users. 6 Consoles available and many programming tools included.TwoZero
- Debian Linux Haven't had much experience with it but it's a very guru-friendly distro.Edwards
-Slackware Linux Very UNIXy, also not much experience. Not for beginners.Edwards
-Gentoo Linux I run this on all my linux boxen, it's the best out there if you know what you're doing. Every damn thing is configurable - the installer is a standard Bash command line and a very well-written handbook. If you're a beginner, then RUN, RUN AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN!Edwards
-Ubuntu Linux Most popular one, this one is highly recommended for beginners.Zisis1992

Compression
-___://Product Name/Link ___://Description ___://Recommended by
- Winzip WinZip enables you to quickly and easily compress and decompress files, folders, and entire folder trees to save storage space and dramatically reduce e-mail transmission time, as well as encrypt and decrypt your sensitive documents.De_Spank
- UltimateZip Good free tool for all your compressed files including; Zip, Rar, Ace, Gzip and many more.TwoZero
- WinRAR Compression thingy. (Better than winzip)Atomic178
- 7Zip 7-Zip is a file archiver with a high compression ratio.PrometheusX

Compression
- CDex The best cd ripper IMO.TwoZero
- DVD Shrink DVD Shrink is software to backup DVD discs. You can use this software in conjunction with DVD burning software of your choice, to make a backup copy of any DVD video disc.amc1
- Nero Most popular CD/DVD burning tool.PrometheusX
- DVD Decrypter Rips dvds.Atomic
- DB Poweramp Decent cd ripping/audio conversion tool. Can tag ripped cds using freedb, and can add some shell extensions.Atomic

Imaging
- GIMP I recommend GIMP 1.2.5, but that's mainly because I'm used to it. The newer version (2.0.1) looks nicer, but it's just not the same.Doody The Clown
- Irfanview A fast, small, compact image viewer that supports a large number of image formats and can convert from one format to another (including batch converting). Also supports view of many multimedia viewing.wolf68k
- Paint.NET Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows.leik oh em jeez!
- Photoshop Best one. Highly recommended.PrometheusX
- CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 A Professional Graphic Design Software.PrometheusX
- PaintShop Pro X4 A Photo-Editing Software.PrometheusX
- Pixlr I recommend this free Image editing (No download) I prefer it to Photoshop Elements. Check it out.
Jack.

Spyware Removers
-Ad-aware I think it's the best spyware remover availible with daily updates. I prefer this over the well known spybot. Nice and simply layout too.De_Spank
-SpybotAn alternative to Ad-aware. You decide which is better.De_Spank

Office Software
-Microsoft OfficeNo need for explanation.PrometheusX
-OpenOffice 1.1OpenOffice.org 1.1 gives you everything you'd expect in office software. You can create dynamic documents, analyse data, design eye-catching presentations, produce dramatic illustrations, and open up your databases. You can publish your work in Portable Document Format (.pdf), and release your graphics in Flash (.swf) format - without needing any additional software. OpenOffice.org 1.1 is now available for more users than ever, with support for complex text layout (CTL) languages (such as Thai, Hindi, Arabic, and Hebrew) and vertical writing languages too.amc1
-AbiWord A good freeware replacement to Word.Tornado Rex
-Adobe Reader The best DF Reader.PrometheusX
-Foxit Reader It umm....reads PDFs I guess....better alternative to adobe's acrobat reader I hear.Tornado Rex

Game Applications
-Fraps Monitors FPS in games and also does screenshots and in-game movies.Atomic178
-Steam Steam is the world's largest online gaming platform.PrometheusX
-Game Booster Pretty self-explanatory..PrometheusX
-Can you Run it Choose a game and it will tell you whether you can run it or not at high or low settings.vertical limit

Anti-Virus
- AVG Free EditionI don't know where i would be without this program. An insanely good virus scanning program for freeware. Worth paying for the latest AVG's.De_Spank
- Trojan Hunter It hunts for Trojan viruses, hence the name.amp!
- Bitdefender Antivirus Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2012 provides essential silent security for your Windows-based computer against viruses, spyware and phishing attempts.PrometheusX
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 delivers real-time protection from the latest malware and viruses.PrometheusX
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus Intercept and eliminate viruses, worms, trojans, spyware and other Internet threats with the award-winning heuristic technology of NOD32 Antivirus.PrometheusX
- Mcafee Anti-Virus Essential, effective protection against virus threats.PrometheusX
- Norton Antivirus Norton Antivirus provides state-of-the-art defense against all types of attacks.PrometheusX
- Avira Anti-Virus An entry-level antivirus eliminates many forms of malware, including worms, rootkits and costly dialers.Wolf68k
- Avast! Anti-Virus No Description.Wolf68k
- Secunia Personal Software Inspector Automatically updates outdated software so you are always up to date. Also tells you how secure your system actually is with a percentage system. Users also have the option for Secunia to notify outdated software and let user manually patch it themselves. Stinky12
  • BMW1992 likes this

blazeGTAS
  • blazeGTAS

Playa

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

Free O/S: Plan9, OpenBSD and Maybe Haiku?

Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials

Media: Foobar2000, I use it and it's an all around great program with a simple UI that is extensively customizable.

Spyware: Antimalwarebytes maybe? I've ran it a few times and it's picked up stuff other programs left behind.

Game Apps: xfire? you spelt fraps wrong also tounge.gif

Also you could probably throw a link to 4chan /g/ in there somewhere. Aside from the occasional INSTALL GENTOO and other trolling, it's a decent resource.

You've did a f*cking brilliant job on this though, props.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:24 PM Edited by PrometheusX, 14 May 2012 - 09:34 PM.

Lycosa, thanks, I'll be adding links after a certain amount of suggestions regularly, other than that I'll be updating to the last post.

Thanks for the contributions! smile.gif

Jack.
  • Jack.

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

I recommend http://pixlr.com/editor/ free Image editing (No download) I prefer it to Photoshop Elements. Check it out.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:56 PM

Good job man, it's gonna be a very useful topic

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Contributor [Technology] 2012

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:06 PM

RivaTuner is dead. MSI AfterBurner and eVGA Precision are both based on RivaTuner.
MSI Kumbuster (comes with AfterBurner), eVGA OC Scanner and OCCT are all good for burn-in/stress testing graphic cards.
Down side got the eVGA is that you need an account (it's free) to download them but you can get Precision 2.1.2 here not sure of where else to get OC Scanner.

OCZTechnology doesn't to memory any more, only SSDs
Speaking of SSDs maybe add a section for that; include Kingston, Cruical, and Intel

Add memtest86+ http://www.memtest.org/

Spyware Removal:
MalwareBytes http://www.malwarebytes.org/
SpywareBlaster http://www.javacools...areblaster.html not removal tool but an immunizer to help keep the bad guys out

Antivirus:
Avira Free http://www.avira.com...-free-antivirus
Avast http://www.avast.com/en-us/index
Microsoft Security Essentials http://windows.micro...rity-essentials

Not sure where to put these:
Filehippo http://filehippo.com/ great place to get the latest version as well as older versions of many programs and drivers
Alternative To http://alternativeto.net/ to find alternatives to programs, great for finding a free alternative to commercial software

And check the Index, you have Video spelled wrong; Viideo
Maybe make the Index alphabetical even if the lists aren't. Might make it easier for some to find what they are looking for.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:56 PM

Excellent job, I approve icon14.gif

...except easy on the colours, could do with a little less.

But some additons

File Under - Benchmarking & Monitoring Utilities:
Belarc Advisor - General tool to examine your computer and give you a comprehensive overview of all software, hardware, O/S Updates and a security report about your computer http://www.belarc.co...e_download.html

File Under - P2P (for legal reasons)
uTorrent - BitTorrent Client - Very Popular http://www.utorrent.com/
PeerBlock - BitTorrent peer IP blocker for 'spy' IP's and untrustworthy IP's http://www.peerblock.com/ (it does have legitimate reasons)

File Under - E-Retailers
scan.co.uk - UK Based computer component retailer http://www.scan.co.uk/
eBuyer.com - UK Based computer component retailer http://www.ebuyer.com/

There a few other e-Retailers that are UK based, but the rest are expensive and crap.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:36 PM

Can you run it.

http://www.systemreq...cyri/intro.aspx

Choose a game and it will tell you whether you can run it or not at high or low settings.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

OG

• United-States

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:09 AM

Nice. I intended to update the old one, but just haven't had time, so I'm glad someone finally did it.

I'll leave it unpinned for a few days so more people will notice it floating around in here.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:15 PM

Excellent topic. However, there seems to be something wrong with your table code. It's breaking the page so it would be nice if you could take the time to fix it.

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:46 PM Edited by Wolf68k, 16 May 2012 - 04:49 PM.

I see the problem

CODE
[/tableb][/center]

{delete this}
[th][b][color=black][SIZE=20][font=Verdana]General Tech Review and News Sites[/font][/SIZE][/color][/b]
[/th] {delete this}

[center][tableb]
[tr]
[th] [/th]
[th][b][color=black][SIZE=20][font=Verdana]General Tech Review and News Sites[/font][/SIZE][/color][/b]

I went a head and fixed it

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:27 AM

Thanks guys, btw that wasn't the main problem. Everytime I edit the post, the Index [Portal] code breaks, I have no idea why. So I removed the Index, that was some part of it. This was the problem. sad.gif

Worship
  • Worship

Yeaah

• Members
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:28 AM

Nice. Very helpful topic. Congartz on medal too icon14.gif

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE (Togrul @ Thursday, May 17 2012, 03:28)
Nice. Very helpful topic. Congartz on medal too icon14.gif

Thanks. smile.gif

I updated it, but still can't fix the Index problem. Any solutions?

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 21:27)
Thanks guys, btw that wasn't the main problem. Everytime I edit the post, the Index [Portal] code breaks, I have no idea why. So I removed the Index, that was some part of it. This was the problem. sad.gif

That's why when I did the SnP tableb for GTAVC and SA I did it all in Notepad or Wordpad or sometimes used the GTAForums Table Code Generator.
Then when I "edit" the tables I would copy/paste from there
I believe there is an unwritten character limit that a post can have. For the SA SNP I had to split the table in 2.

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 22:33)
I updated it, but still can't fix the Index problem. Any solutions?

Send me, in a text file, your code and I'll have a look. Try my previous suggestion first to see if that fixes it

leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

The boatman stays with the boat.

• Members

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:10 PM Edited by leik oh em jeez!, 17 May 2012 - 05:44 PM.

Just figured I'd point out that your link under water cooling manufacturers links to an automotive water/methanol injection kit and an Aquarium Chiller.

So here are some links to manufacturers of all in one liquid cooling kits.
Thermaltake
Corsair
Asetek
Antec
NorthQ

Also, under motherboards, Chaintech doesn't manufacture them and none are listed on the site.
Some more common motherboard manufacturers:
EVGA
Supermicro

Under SSDs:
Corsair

PC Cases:
Corsair
Raidmax
NZXT
Antec

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

I fixed the Index for now, I guess the only way is editing from Notepad then copy/paste.

@leik: Just noticed that, I'll fix it and add your links. blush.gif

Stinky12
  • Stinky12

No title

• Members

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:28 PM Edited by Stinky12, 17 May 2012 - 10:46 PM.

Some suggestions
Make the text readable so use won't have to squint. Some of the text are similar in color to the background.
Also for software or utilities, label it as freeware or commercial (pay version)

More SSDs
Adata
Western Digital (yes they make SSDs too)
Kingston
Samsung
Plextor

Benchmark/StressTest
OpenSourceMark (Freeware)
A benchmarking/stress tool that mimics how a computer is used in the real world.
A great alternative the expensive commercial based BAPCo Sysmark that cost around $850

Menu restoration (viruses removal additions)
Unhide.exe (freeware)
Restores start menu items after it has turned "empty" as well as make all of your files visible again after a infection.
*** Unhide will only work if no cleaner program are used. If a cleaner software is used, then shortcuts to the programs are
permanently lost and unhide will not be able to recover it. For that user will have to manually add the shortcut links manually to the
start menu. Unhide is not a virus removal tool.***

Security
Secunia (free/commercial)
Automatically updates outdated software so you are always up to date. Also tells you how secure your system actually is with a percentage system. Users also have the option for Secunia to notify outdated software and let user manually patch it themselves.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:44 PM

Great work there matey, and definitely a topic I'll be using much when I get back on my own PC. Just to echo what others have said though, it's probably a good idea to edit, or remove completely, all the color tags within the tables. It makes the whole thing look tacky...no offence.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:00 AM

@Butters/Stinky/Gareth: Can you specify more what's exactly wrong with the colors? some of them or all of them?

Also Butters if you have any categories that can be added please post them. smile.gif

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:42 PM

There's nothing to click on for; ATITool, eVGA OC Scanner and MSI Afterburner. I have you the URLs for them...well not ATITool that wasn't mine

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Friday, May 18 2012, 07:00)
@Butters/Stinky/Gareth: Can you specify more what's exactly wrong with the colors? some of them or all of them?

Too many of them, very cluttered, a lot of them are clashing so looks a little messy.

Even them out in groups and it'll look a little more uniform and not so, I don't really want to use the word as you've done a good job, but amateur.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:24 PM Edited by PrometheusX, 20 May 2012 - 07:45 AM.

QUOTE (Gareth Croke @ Friday, May 18 2012, 17:22)
QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Friday, May 18 2012, 07:00)

Too many of them, very cluttered, a lot of them are clashing so looks a little messy.

Even them out in groups and it'll look a little more uniform and not so, I don't really want to use the word as you've done a good job, but amateur.

I accept that, I did it because I started with logos instead of names, only to remember that there's an image limit. I wanted to compensate, but yeah, it seems to be a failure. tounge.gif

I'll remove them in the next update. smile.gif

EDIT: Removed colors, added links and the Index again - but forgot to copy it before posting it. sad.gif

ayushisrocking
  • ayushisrocking

Winning!

• Members

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

General Tech Review and News Site : TechScrutiny

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (ayushisrocking @ Monday, Nov 5 2012, 17:56)
General Tech Review and News Site : TechScrutiny

Added, thanks mate.

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:19 AM Edited by shiva s, 06 November 2012 - 01:23 AM.

I've nothing to suggest but just wanted to say "good job"
This is really useful icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users