The post-apocalypse.

What more could you ask for? icon14.gif

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (jelly @ Sunday, May 13 2012, 20:44)
What more could you ask for? icon14.gif

For it to be on a network that isn't NBC. Looks surprisingly good for NBC, if a bit hokey. But NBC being NBC they'll screw it up and it won't last a season.

Bit weird to hear Esposito channeling Morgan Freeman, heh.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:20 PM

It looks bloody awful. The whole post-apocalyptic thing has been done to death. Why not frame the breakdown of modern culture on a more political cause? And why does it always result in this return to an idyllic rural lifestyle? It looks cliched, really cliched.
And the sword fight completely turned me off.

I was hoping it would be a show that channeled current political tensions within America into a relevant story, but this looks like a rather by-the-numbers affair. A shame.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

Y2K The Movie?
Jericho 2.0?
ahh I could go on and on.

But I agree, it could be the best show ever but NBC would find a way to screw it up. I mean they just canceled The Firm and Awake and that was the only shows that were worthwhile (oh and community) so f-em!

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Hustle Bones
  • None

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:47 PM

Despite that positive sounding post I made on your Facebook wall, jelly, I'm not entirely convinced by this based on the trailer. Just seems a little bit goofy to me. Giancarlo Esposito's presence grabs my attention but I doubt it'll be a show I'll watch from the beginning. I'll probably wait for 6 or so episodes to air and then gauge the reaction it gets.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:49 PM

I was intrigued. Honestly I was.

Right until that flashy sword fight. That was f*ckin' terrible.

I am K
  • I am K

K

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:38 PM

you had be at JJ abrams

you lost me at NBC

if it survives its first season i will look it up I am not having another the event on my hands - JJ abrams can't do 1 season he needs 6, love any show he produces cos it is mindf*cktastic but NBC can;t seem to get past season 1 much these days

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:45 AM

Nothing but comments that knocked this show before it was even out. Now that it is out and has three episodes released, I'm interested in it. I thought it started off way to fast and it did, but it has 'LOST' type flashbacks to when and a few days/weeks/months after the "blackout".

The main character, Charlie, is easily the most annoying character on the show which having the women being the most annoying and inconvenient character in a show seems to be the trend now-a-days. Anyways, anybody else enjoying the show?

Rown
  • Rown

Sturm

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:32 AM

I've seen the first two episodes. Have the third recorded and waiting. I've enjoyed it so far minus Charlie. I'm not sure if it's the acting, the directing, or the writing... but damn I wish they would've locked her in a boxcar and left. At first I didn't like the English chick either but they've added enough detail to make her alright.

I'm astounded at the lack of ugly people in this world 15 years removed from advanced medicine/dentistry, make-up. But I guess I should just accept it.

But the show has potential.

Rown rampage_ani.gif

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:37 AM Edited by NateShaw92, 05 October 2012 - 10:21 AM.

JJ Abrams - win
NBC - fail

Giancarlo Esposito - SOLD
f*ck i gotta write all these shows of creamy goodness down

ok if this show gets canceled after 1 season (the NBC norm) someone is getting punched in the face
I knew rachel was alive

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:29 PM

I like a few things about the show - the set design ripped straight out of Fallout and, oh wait. The sword fights? That must be it.

Everything else is garbage.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:17 PM

It feels cheap. In both ways.

It feels like it was filmed on a really tight budget. I think it has to do with the fact that they are always in the woods. Where did all the small towns of the midwest go? Did the militias outlaw and confiscate them? Which brings me to the other meaning of cheap. The show always feels like it's writing things off to create a world where swords are a viable military weapon, cars don't work, a tyrannical pseudo government kills at will, and a millionaire is living in a small house because money is meaningless. In other words it feels like it's just making excuses for the sake of style. I'm not going to go into the fact that they somehow can't build generators or that battery powered devices can't work, because I'm sure sometime soon, they're going to come out with the excuse to write that off.

And that brings me to the iPhone in the last episode. Either they're trying to make us believe that the battery for that phone kept a charge for 15 years, and suddenly the little USB amulet makes it work, or that somehow without a power cord or any visible way for that phone to be charged, that the battery had enough charge to turn on for a couple seconds, just enough to see the home screen.

This show is filled with plot holes that the writers are willing to fill with bullsh*t.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

Yeah, the premise is f*cking retarded.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

Yeah, I'm sorry for even making this thread. I had high hopes for another one of those four-leaf clovers -- a network show that doesn't suck dick. I was mistaken.

I didn't even bother finishing the previous episode. The only redeeming quality is Giancarlo Esposito, and I sincerely hope his character is killed off so he can get a job in a better show.

aquateen87
  • aquateen87

Remember, no fear.

• Members

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

Bump.

I'm probably the only one that still watches the show. Anyways, how about the latest episode? Just what in the hell was that thing that Rachel cut out of Danny's body? mercie_blink.gif

Bellic 4 life
  • Bellic 4 life

Follower of Asatru

• Members

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

Looked like it could have been like this:

http://en.wikipedia....berverse_series

However, it sounds like it isn't worth the watch?

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

This show is extremely underrated.
How the f*ck did this get 6.5 out of 10 when it should have 9 out of 10 IMO.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:15 AM Edited by theomenofficial, 09 June 2013 - 10:18 AM.

The Season 1 Finale brought back ALL of my interest.
The coil gun scenes were pretty unrealistic but it was a very interesting weapon.
There was a great cliffhanger and I can't wait for Season 2 in September!
The elevator scene was really amazing in the episode before it.
The action was great and the pacing made it really made it feel like an epic finale, worlds better than the horrible Walking Dead Season 3 finale.
I love how the promo at the beginning showed ALL of the episodes in a short time.
I loved how Tom Neville (Giancarlo Esposito) took over.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:15 AM

The whole post-apocalyptic thing has been done to death. Why not frame the breakdown of modern culture on a more political cause? And why does it always result in this return to an idyllic rural lifestyle? It looks cliched, really cliched.

it has always been one of the goals of the tptb to create an event where they could kill off at least half the planet's population and keep the natural resources for themselves. they were doing this desensitizing even back in logan's run (also rainbow logo) and blade runner (sir ridley scott part of our colony's overseers - we are still under great britain's rule). i still think the show is going to end up like heroes or lost, but its great that people are enjoying it and being entertained i guess.

Mockage
  • Mockage

Fljótavík

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:25 AM

Why is Esposito in this show? That's offensive.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:24 AM Edited by Chukkles, 27 June 2013 - 09:40 AM.

QUOTE (Mockage @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 02:25)
Why is Esposito in this show? That's offensive.

notify.gif I don't understand what you mean.

I've been following the show, it's no "LOST" but it's watchable.
We know why the power went out, we know there's a way to put it back on, once that's all done I don't think there'll be much else to do, not like how lost could go in all different directions, the plot of this is almost already set in stone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users