Quantcast

» «
Photo

[WIP|VC] GTA SOL inFusions (Map Version 6)

223 replies to this topic
nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

Looks good. I like the fact that your adding the best of the best from each version of the map to make them better.

However, it won't in my mind be considered Liberty City, Vice City, and San Andreas, but a alternate III era. I feel that there are too many changes for this to exist in the III universe. I'll refer to it as the III SOL era. The maps still would need changing if it was the original III era, otherwise the time periods are off. They would also have to be further apart and with no roads. No offense or anything because the way your doing it will allow for all III era content ever imagined to be in at one time and fit together in its own universe.

Though I think Rockstar should of designed the airport the way you did when they put the military base in. The plane that lands on the runway in the opining cut scene of Vice City wouldn't be able to stop with the runway turning like that. Its a hazard and landing a airliner jet on that safely is not physically possible if its done the way it was in the opining Vice City cut scene.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:05 AM Edited by X-Seti, 18 January 2013 - 08:16 PM.

I do not not mind changing a whole bunch of stuff to make it all fit in.

I've opted for remodeling then continuously hunting for bugs where there was no end in sight, This is mainly a GTA Script issue where I fix one bug and end up with another.

As I stated at the very beginning of the project for just having plan old LC, VC and SA.. I can easier do this later and not fix the R bugs.

The main problem with the Rockstar maps is the naming system where to many objects shared the same names through out VC, SA and those used in GTAIII.

I want to see how far I can go remodeling everything from scratch to make this a true TC and not just a conversion mod. I've been asked by a lot of members to do something new with Renderware and break away from the conversion band wagon.

So thinking about this as a Alternative GTA universe is a good place to start.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Friday, Jan 18 2013, 03:05)
I do not not mind changing a whole bunch of stuff to make it all fit in.

I've opted for remodeling then continuously hunting for bugs where there was no end in sight, This is mainly a GTA Script issue where I fix one bug and end up with another.

As I stated at the very beginning of the project for just having plan old LC, VC and SA.. I can easier do this later and not fix the R bugs.

The main problem with the Rockstar maps is the naming system where to many objects shared the same names through out VC, SA and those used in GTAIII.

I want to see how far I can go remodeling everything from scratch to make this a true TC and not just a conversion mod. I've been asked by a lot of members to do something new with Renderware and break away from the conversion band wagon.

So thinking about this as a Alternative GTA universe is a good place to start.

I see your point. But for SOL in the IV/V era, I hope to see the original maps too. That way I can simply say, I'm playing GTA V in the universe Rockstar made, and now I have the freedom to visit LC. I know this is way in the future. However, making it in the IV/V Universe would mean that its a good distance from V's map with no bridges and you get there by aircraft/boat/submarine.

However in the Alternate version of the IV/V era, you could do a lot of cool things. You might even be able to make it be a giant map based off of the real US. Between V's map and IV's map (Ocean in the Rocstar version of the Universe), you could have a country side. The Country side could be very basic. I'd say, past the mountains in California, the middle part of the country is basically desert, then prairie. Giant feild, with a few small towns. Between LC and V, in that country side, you could do the Chicago based city you were planning on doing. Going more east from there, its more country side, then you reach LC. The country side wouldn't be too hard as you can practically generate it. Also you can add future GTA cities from the GTA's in the HD era that Rockstar creates. This would basically make a massive map that is like a United States parody, with all the major cities. I know a lot of cities would be missing, but it would be all the major ones that are much well known.

I know it would take a lot of work. However I remember you mentioning something like that before. However, hacks would need to be done so it can all be done. I think you will like this a lot. Excluding needed tools, once they are made, it shouldn't take you too much extra work in that VS what your doing now. The country side you can auto generate, the cities in HD era games are done by Rockstar, but you would probably modify them, and the Chicago based city your already making. (But in HD era you should go for the cities original lay out, and shape the country side so it kinda makes Lake Michigan though it would just lead to ocean.) But one thing. Country side needs to be BIG! As you can generate it, that shouldn't be too bad. You just don't want the cities to be visible from each other. But I wouldn't make it too huge lol. From the outside the idea does sound ridiculous but the result will be epic.

Do you like this idea as to how to execute the alternate HD era universe?

Mega.
  • Mega.

Real Estate Developer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

You shouldn't really bother on HD stuff right now, the main focus should be a stable and fun-to-play mod (at least in my opinion).

Ingram
  • Ingram

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE (MegaMario1500 @ Saturday, Jan 19 2013, 01:28)
You shouldn't really bother on HD stuff right now, the main focus should be a stable and fun-to-play mod (at least in my opinion).

I agree.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:59 AM Edited by nkjellman, 19 January 2013 - 06:03 AM.

QUOTE (Ingram @ Saturday, Jan 19 2013, 05:22)

I agree.

I wasn't talking about remodeling the III era maps, I was talking about combining GTA IV's map with GTA V's map. (and any other map in the same era as IV and V.)

Edit: Oh your talking about the airport. My bad.
Personally I like the airport. But its altered enough where I feel like its not Escabar International Airport any more.

Mega.
  • Mega.

Real Estate Developer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Saturday, Jan 19 2013, 02:59)

I agree.

I wasn't talking about remodeling the III era maps, I was talking about combining GTA IV's map with GTA V's map. (and any other map in the same era as IV and V.)

Personally I like the airport. But its altered enough where I feel like its not Escabar International Airport any more.

I'm also talking about combining IV era maps, you shouldn't really think about that now. Let V get released and you will see what you can do, but for now you should just work on the ''Classic SOL'' and fix some old glitches and make it stable and good-to-play, like I said.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (MegaMario1500 @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 17:01)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Saturday, Jan 19 2013, 02:59)

I agree.

I'm also talking about combining IV era maps, you shouldn't really think about that now. Let V get released and you will see what you can do, but for now you should just work on the ''Classic SOL'' and fix some old glitches and make it stable and good-to-play, like I said.

I agree. You should know what you can do. The IV/V era doesn't have multiple maps available to the public yet ether.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:22 AM Edited by X-Seti, 23 January 2013 - 01:29 AM.

69.9 is coming along just fine.

Here is a taste of what is to come.

Midway Prison.

user posted image
user posted image

I am still trying to work out the layout and what I have in mind is cell blocks like Alcatraz, Most Props and the generics are in the game.
I could hand over this part of the map to someone who wants to work on the objects inside, so I can work on the roof and guard towers.

Ideas.. Bring it here.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

Nice. However, I'd do Alcatraz in SF, as each city is being changed anyways.

In Midway (which I'm guessing is the Chicago based city your doing), you should model it off of States Vile.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

I have been pondering what to do with SA. however lets get LC, VC and the other islands done first and release the next beta with all the new SA dff files.

Geographically thinking about SA, It's all wrong. I might move LA up towards the same coastline as SF where it should be. everything else has it's right place where possible.
LODs for SA are really awful so remodeled most of this is a must.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:00 PM Edited by nkjellman, 28 January 2013 - 10:02 PM.

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Sunday, Jan 27 2013, 23:50)
I have been pondering what to do with SA. however lets get LC, VC and the other islands done first and release the next beta with all the new SA dff files.

Geographically thinking about SA, It's all wrong. I might move LA up towards the same coastline as SF where it should be. everything else has it's right place where possible.
LODs for SA are really awful so remodeled most of this is a must.

Sounds good, but I think your changing way too many things for it to still be considered the GTA maps in one. More like a United States map I guess. Well, if your going to do that, then I guess you should think about making LC be like New York.

But if your doing a geographically correct SA (California+Nevada), I'd say SF goes north, LA goes west.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

I have already put SA, VC and LC together in the past and that was one of my goals however imperfect things may have been.

The problem is how long am I going to spend time of fixing bugs with badly made models.

To bring new life and interest into the project I have decided to spin it off into a new direction and leave it to GTA United to fill that gap.

Everyone keeps saying to me that we need more TC mods and not conversion. So this being 2013 new things will happen for the better.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Monday, Jan 28 2013, 22:39)
I have already put SA, VC and LC together in the past and that was one of my goals however imperfect things may have been.

The problem is how long am I going to spend time of fixing bugs with badly made models.

To bring new life and interest into the project I have decided to spin it off into a new direction and leave it to GTA United to fill that gap.

Everyone keeps saying to me that we need more TC mods and not conversion. So this being 2013 new things will happen for the better.

Well, true. It will be a new experience.

But we aught to work together on Chicago. Me and universetwisters got some good ideas for it. It could be turned into something that goes with SOL and as a separate standalone.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

What I need to do before I move onto all things new is get Beta 69.9 out.

Issues of the past have to be addressed and thinking about Better tools.

Making lots of new models is cool (453 new dffs in fact). batching them with the right textures between TXD builder, TXDworkshop and other tools is a pain in the ass and can lead to mistakes when adding each one to the IDE file.

I need to speed this process up badly.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

Today I start to share jobs for getting the map done a little faster.

I have Solom doing the cols and collision surfaces (Grass, Concrete etc), I am doing the model textures (TXD files) but I would like someone to take this off me so I can continue on with the modelling and start to export other areas on the map to export and so this can be passed on as well.

Any takers.

• Ss4gogeta0 likes this

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:51 AM

I thought GTA LC was a mod, not a Rockstar Game mercie_blink.gif

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

In love

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (Libertyking @ Sunday, Feb 17 2013, 04:51)

What do you mean? GTA LC IS a mod.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

It is possible but never going to happen, MI was created by a very passionate team who wanted to create a game (mod) to be a stand alone only.

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (Prince Gumball @ Monday, Mar 25 2013, 09:05)
QUOTE (Libertyking @ Sunday, Feb 17 2013, 04:51)

What do you mean? GTA LC IS a mod.

I don't even remember posting this therefore I can't answer this question.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:15 AM

Important; Please read http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=501707 and comment!

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:45 PM Edited by X-Seti, 21 November 2013 - 07:25 PM.

q53b.pngirsc.png

nacz.pngcawh.png

hkwo.pngn7tr.png

Small update, The modelling has begun - Working on what was lost.

This time around things look even better. I have almost recovered everything that was at one point lost a month ago. it helps to keep backups on cloud servers like Dropbox. :)

Now the big thing about this project is everything will be remodelled from scratch but we are still some time away before we reach this new goal.

I have put the other version of the mod on hold so I can spend more time on this.

Ok, Little birdies on skype are telling me that people want to get involved so.. why arn't you PM'ing me. Get involved.

Unlike other mods I do not tell people what to do, You can download the mod and make good on what ever you want.. aslong as your not working on the same thing as someone else.

• Mc-Kay, Ss4gogeta0 and BlackScout like this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

._.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:45 PM

Just a stupid question, what are the city's here? If you have them remodelled, I suppose Carcer City and Cottonmouth from the Manhunt games could've been added too... as they are related to the GTA 3D Universe, meh looking forwards to the new version :D I also hope for MVL compability.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:58 PM Edited by nkjellman, 30 November 2013 - 10:00 PM.

Looks good. But I got to ask.

Why are you remodeling everything? That is going to be a tremendous amount of work.

Is it so you can modify the cities so they exist at the same time period? Or is it so you can optimize it better so everything fits in the game to improve performance?

Also, I hope to see SOL HD which is the HD universe. Liberty City, Los Santos, Blaine County, North Yankton, and any other city added to the HD universe. I think the next one is going to be ether Vice City as it is the other GTA location that hasn't been done in the HD universe, or a new city based off of Chicago, as it has had a lot of crime recently, and LC and LS are based off of the largest cities in the US, and Chicago is 3rd on the list. Anyways I hope they are going to be more of a realistic distance apart and that the mod can be on GTA V (or future GTA that would be even better suited). For example, if your flying between LC and LS, I'd say it should take about 15 to 20 minutes to fly from one to the other, and each city shouldn't be visible from the other. (I think 15 to 20 minutes is more reasonable because the realistic distance would be a pain, and it still would imply that they are far based on the fact that it doesn't take long to fly across the GTA V map in a plane.) But you may not need to do SOL HD as Rockstar said they were probably going to do it in the future for GTA Online.

adrian_2012
  • adrian_2012

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:01 AM

Already paths for a city? (Excluding Vice City)

I am testing SOL for fun and the FPS has IMPROVED very well since i tested it 1 year ago.

The cars disappear too fast if i go a little far, i lost my hunter :(

JoshDa1
  • JoshDa1

[NTWK][SHERIFF] Desert Fairytale

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:50 AM

Wow, amazing map!

adrian_2012
  • adrian_2012

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:33 PM Edited by X-Seti, 07 December 2013 - 12:50 AM.

No more links.

Not a ADM edit, but by me.

Thank you for removing the link m8.

Now this has been edited by me ;)

X-Seti

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

In love

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:42 AM

The bottom right screen, Is the map on the left changed? The one on the right looks like Vice City Mainland but looks different as the one on the left used to be beside Mainland.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:02 AM

There was a lot of nice little changes, but a lot of this was lost (broken HDD)

I've managed to replace a lot in the last 4 weeks from the beta models and VCS changes to update the map.

I've been having a lot of issues with getting the files laid out so I could swap out the older models with the newer. I do need help with the 2dfx entries too as the ID's had to be changed again.

I have made it easy by commenting the 2dfx ID with the Model name.

So this could be matched and updated later.

I need to move back onto the map if I am even to get this out anytime soon.

I want this out at Christmas any helpers out there.

• Ss4gogeta0 likes this

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:05 AM Edited by X-Seti, 07 December 2013 - 12:51 AM.

Leaked 69.9 (StrongAsBull) not working. Somebody help me:

https://Blahmega.co....dmSjIsxHjz6BpaY

Dead end links :)

Umm interesting.. it's not going to work as a ton load of objects would be missing, but I'll look at that to see if I can recovery anything that might be lost in those files.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users