Quantcast

» «
Photo

[WIP|VC] GTA SOL inFusions (Map Version 6)

255 replies to this topic
Tadzik
  • Tadzik

Street Cat

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:03 PM Edited by Ridd1cK, 02 November 2012 - 07:21 PM.

I'm still waiting for new map :3
I hope X-Seti you're not the one man working on it.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

Not the one working on it. What ya saying?

That I am a crap modder/ modeler OR that I am working alone on it.

Sometimes it is better to get the ground work in and plan it out before people start to help.

Tadzik
  • Tadzik

Street Cat

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Friday, Nov 2 2012, 16:31)
Not the one working on it. What ya saying?

That I am a crap modder/ modeler OR that I am working alone on it.

Sometimes it is better to get the ground work in and plan it out before people start to help.

Forgive my English, I meant I hope you are not working alone making the new revision of map

GrandTheftAutoGawler
  • GrandTheftAutoGawler

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

X-SETI you are an amazing modeller biggrin.gif and I love SOL so much

Is there a version available with swimming yet? And like I said before the final release you should try getting a monorail/ train system that connects all the cities biggrin.gif and working airports, fairies and other forms of public transport that would too everything I think smile.gif

Keep up the grea work

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

I am working on this alone my friends and there is not much I can do about it.

The team I had before have other commitments like I do, Ie Work, College or just do not have time to lead a hand. Look at the information page.

Trains, Plains and Airports, I need someone who can SCM code once again because my time is taken getting the map ready, fixing the EXE launcher.

The next version I hope to get out around Christmas based on version 69.5 with some fixes time permitting of course.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

News: The good old times with VICE City have returned!

With the news that Rockstar are releasing Vice City 10th anniversary to iOS and Android I have decided to hold off on the Mobile version of SOL.

http://www.rockstarg...rsary-plus.html

Releasing SOL right now would be pointless and may raise some questions of weather I should be porting VC anyway to GTAIII, but having the native port of the VC engine on mobile platform will change things in our favour given what I know about the engine already.

I will continue on with building the map for now till I get to the point of release.

I would love to release SOL on the mobile but I feel things have come fall circle again and this is where I may need permission once again.

X-Seti

• Evilscarecrow likes this

riquenunes
  • riquenunes

Soldier

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

I'm sorry if the answer is obvious, but where can I download this? There's no link in the first page and the links to the older versions don't work.

GrandTheftAutoGawler
  • GrandTheftAutoGawler

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make State of liberty for GTA Vice city iOS mobile

IT WOULD BE SO AMAZING, EVEN JUST TO HAVE SAN ANDREAS

IcePwrd
  • IcePwrd

Things n' stuff

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

I found a link for 69.5 for anyone wanting a download

http://www.playgroun..._liberty-56650/

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

I am going to say it. how it is!

Beta 51.9 up to beta 69.0 was very buggy. so for those who are able to find downloads of earlier versions will see changes to the map and the history be hide the project.

I would like to release the next version for Vice City before Christmas and this would be beta 69.9.

This version will have paths and changes to the map that I am trying to put together this week hopefully.

Now apart from the project its self. no one knows much about the people be hide the mod where we do take time out, work or study.

In my case I have an illness that is a combination of Chronic fatigue, CP, and I have been in denial about depression. Putting time into this for as many years has helped.

Now I have posted a time line (Road map about where the project could be heading) those who are interested need to have a look and this is where I need YOU!.

If you can code, model or anything else, Jump in and find something you could do and try it out. Maybe you have something to offer - well in that case let me know.

This project is for you so have your say.

Keith

.:Macrae:.
  • .:Macrae:.

Seona Dancing fan

• Members

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:35 AM

Any other links to latest version? The Russian site doesn't work.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:09 AM

Check GTA G for beta 51.9, its old and out dated but we have a newer version coming soon.

Mad Daine
  • Mad Daine

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:56 PM Edited by Mad Daine, 04 January 2013 - 09:13 AM.

Found the link efficiency by 69.5:
http://rusfolder.com/32559992

X-Seti, please fill their files on http://www.mediafire.com/, very good hosting for files + files are rarely removed.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

I am going to release the next version there and GTAG smile.gif

Thank you.

pietro60
  • pietro60

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (Mad Daine @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 13:56)

X-Seti, please fill their files on http://www.mediafire.com/, very good hosting for files + files are rarely removed.

Excuseme, i have see your link i n the site Russian, but i don't found the download for Gta + traffic, can you tell me if is available and where is this file?

Thanks.

Mad Daine
  • Mad Daine

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (pietro60 @ Friday, Jan 4 2013, 12:06)
QUOTE (Mad Daine @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 13:56)

Excuseme, i have see your link i n the site Russian, but i don't found the download for Gta + traffic, can you tell me if is available and where is this file?

Thanks.

This file, as the name implies, is the traffic, but if it's not there, you can download it from this page:
http://www.playgroun..._liberty-56650/
The second and third link, the first non-working, I already told moderator getting there.

pietro60
  • pietro60

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:58 PM Edited by pietro60, 04 January 2013 - 05:24 PM.

Many thanks for the answer, very nice the patch, the road and steets on the radar now appear on all the game of GTA; now from this link: http://www.playgroun..._liberty-56650/ is possible download the version of GtaSol beta 69.5 Prine Cuts, but is the same of X-seti, or is different with a patch various modifications to the game.

Thanks.

Bye.

pietro60
  • pietro60

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

This patch is for the traffic, the explanation is here below:

1) Download and extract the files in the root directory to install the mod
2) Remove all the existing data in the file path "gta_vc.dat"
3) Add the file "gta_vc.dat" (in the category of "Paths") the following lines:
IPL data \ paths \ pathAI_LC.ipl
IPL data \ paths \ pathAI_LS.ipl
IPL data \ paths \ pathAI_LV.ipl
IPL data \ paths \ pathAI_SA.ipl
IPL data \ paths \ pathAI_SF.ipl
IPL data \ paths \ pathAI_VC.ipl
4) Run the game through game-run.exe and enjoy the long anticipated traffic

i have a problem in my game i have put this lines here, of the file gta_vc.dat in the directory GTA SOL 69.5 prime cuts\data\paths

#IPL DATA\paths\pathAI_LC.ipl
#IPL DATA\paths\pathAI_LS.ipl
#IPL DATA\paths\pathAI_LV.ipl
#IPL DATA\paths\pathAI_SA.ipl
#IPL DATA\paths\pathAI_SF.ipl
#IPL DATA\paths\pathAI_VC.ipl

i don't have security if is ok or not, because i don't have traffic in my game, i have put a 6 files also with name pathAI_xx in directory GTA SOL 69.5 prime cuts\data\paths and maybe is certain of this directory, i don't know where is my error please if is possible clarify all this.

Thanks in advance.

Mad Daine
  • Mad Daine

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE (pietro60 @ Saturday, Jan 5 2013, 01:16)
This patch is for the traffic, the explanation is here below:

1) Download and extract the files in the root directory to install the mod
2) Remove all the existing data in the file path "gta_vc.dat"
3) Add the file "gta_vc.dat" (in the category of "Paths") the following lines:
IPL data \ paths \ pathAI_LC.ipl
IPL data \ paths \ pathAI_LS.ipl
IPL data \ paths \ pathAI_LV.ipl
IPL data \ paths \ pathAI_SA.ipl
IPL data \ paths \ pathAI_SF.ipl
IPL data \ paths \ pathAI_VC.ipl
4) Run the game through game-run.exe and enjoy the long anticipated traffic

i have a problem in my game i have put this lines here, of the file gta_vc.dat in the directory GTA SOL 69.5 prime cuts\data\paths

#IPL DATA\paths\pathAI_LC.ipl
#IPL DATA\paths\pathAI_LS.ipl
#IPL DATA\paths\pathAI_LV.ipl
#IPL DATA\paths\pathAI_SA.ipl
#IPL DATA\paths\pathAI_SF.ipl
#IPL DATA\paths\pathAI_VC.ipl

i don't have security if is ok or not, because i don't have traffic in my game, i have put a 6 files also with name pathAI_xx in directory GTA SOL 69.5 prime cuts\data\paths and maybe is certain of this directory, i don't know where is my error please if is possible clarify all this.

Thanks in advance.

Keep pre-configured gta_vc.dat
http://sendfile.su/736305

pietro60
  • pietro60

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:19 PM Edited by pietro60, 05 January 2013 - 05:08 PM.

Thank you i have solved, now i have traffic in all GTA 3 San Andreas, great work, patience for not traffic in the bridge from Vice City to DLL and other bridge for San Andreas, and GTA 3; Last thing you know when it will be 'available version 69.9 of GTA only?

Thanks.

Bye.

pietro60
  • pietro60

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

The patch of traffic, also fixes the distance in the large tunnel, in fact, with this patch the water don't appears more 'in the tunnel and become viable in its entire length.

I would have to give some idea for future versions, maybe do a tunnel that connects Liberty City to San Andreas, and maybe to the island of the statue of liberty. '

Also I would want to be useful and participating in this project GTA, if you want to have at your disposal the important 'to know that I have to do to help the most' can and maybe waiting for a response to my utility '.

Thank you to all.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

Please try to not double post, what skills do you have and in what areas can you help out with the mod?

pietro60
  • pietro60

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

I'll try 'to avoid double post, also to begin, I'd like to know what programs are required to change gta sol, also to get an idea.

Thanks.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Well it depends on what area of the mod you are working/or would like to work with?

pietro60
  • pietro60

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

like to work with the tunnel as I stated in my previous post, and as I wrote'd groped to build a tunnel to San Andreas, if you can tell me what it takes to groped to do this.

Thanks.

Ingram
  • Ingram

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

After installing the patch windowed mode no longer works sad.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Some want it others do not. Ummm Phht! I can't feckin win!

This issue will be fixed in the next version. I like windowed mode in case of hang ups so it will be back soon.

Watch this space.

Ingram
  • Ingram

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:23 AM Edited by Ingram, 08 January 2013 - 03:41 PM.

Great biggrin.gif
Do you think the next release could be before february?

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:14 AM Edited by X-Seti, 15 January 2013 - 08:30 AM.

Small update.

I am posting this so everyone knows what to expect and why we are taking so long to get the next version out as I did set the date for after the New year. The more time I put into this version the better things will be for everyone.

I have been taking my time with the map so we can get everything as perfect as possible. I have plans to do more after the release of Beta 69.9 with a spin of mod called GTA Fusion. This new mod will take the scratch made models into it's own mod just like GTA: SOL has done with every release for the last 8 years and go a new direction with a new set of cities.

The project name will be GTA: Fusion featuring the map State of Liberty with its own new content.

Back to SOL: We have paths covering 80% of the map where we need to find time to cover the bridges and tunnels linking up all the other islands.

I still have to sort the files out and get everything optimized with some nice changes like the VCS dock and VCS Army base with a twist keeping the old buildings from the original game. I am also in the process of adding neons around the map and fixing / replacing some of the older buildings with better higher quality buildings.

We are making full use of Maxo's MVL for our hacks (This will be the heart of this project) this will possibly allow us to add new features.

We need help with making some new tools for GTA: SOL plus updating existing modding tools to allow continuous modding beyond SOL and to help others with their own modding projects.

I want to promote modding with the Renderware engine as this is what modding is all about. Being creative and to bring new life to a retro RW engine. GTA SOL was and still is about seeing what could be done to the Renderware Engine.

If you have an interest in modding and you want to start your own mod there is enough information on GTAForums and this topic to get your started.

Edit: Ummm Tools!. Expanding the engine also means we need to update some tools, I would hope other members could make use of these tools as well as us.

Radar Editor. - We have a new Radar layout where the traditional RadarEd by Spooky will no longer work for us. We have 1291 radar tiles instead of 61. We need a better way to take a snapshot of the current map and slice this into the radar tiles.

IMG Tool2 - Gtaforums, This tool does not work well on windows 7 or with larger img files. 1.2Gb max without a malfunction also the ability to sort entries against IDE objects order just like Steve M's COL editor 2. Sort by IDE.

Path editor I do not know the process of how Swoorup worked out the paths but we need a tool to map them.

Steve M's COL editor 2 - File names are limited to 20 (24 with .dff) characters, this could go up to 28 minus the .dff extension. This sort by IDE function has been the most helpful feature for me but I could do with Sort by IMG file as well and report back to be any inconsistencies like something in the img file that isn't defined in the IDE, Clones or an object missing in the img file that is listed in the IDE file.

Editing Materials needs to be fixed as this corrupts the collision. There needs to be a better way to map materials for the collision or be able to read the texture data from the dff/img so the materials could be assigned better, Undo when editing would be helpful also the ability to delete polys.

Doing each col and painting materials by hand is a royal pain the ass.

Ked / Moomapper / Med - We use multiply img files defined at the bottom of the Default.dat file using CDIMAGE /solfolder/cdimages/anyname.img . None of the mappers was designed for loading game objects in this manner.

There was something else but I can not seen to remember as I am typing this however look at the most wanted thread for other jobs that need to be sorted out.

Thats it from me.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

Work has begun:

I have decided to remodel everything except the Rockstar Generic models.

I do want to put better trees in the game later on and maybe street lights. (Job for someone else maybe)

There are many reasons for doing this and the biggest issue for SOL has been the map bugs that I hope to iron out by replacing as much of the map as possible.

I have gone for the combination of objects from the GTAIII beta map to the latest Renderware Vice City Stories game on to one map.

So. What I am going to do is show progress on a weekly basics on how much of the map I've redone where we can see that it is worth the time and effect rebuilding the map.

First 5 pictures show the Airpprt with higher quality models.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This took about a week borrowing some models from the LCS PC mod, however to reduce object load I have remodeled some of them.

Update again soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users