Photo

Would some European countries...

38 replies to this topic
MIKON8ERISBACK
  • MIKON8ERISBACK

My real name is Michael. #FACT.

• Members

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:12 PM

I think they would prosper under center-right rule. Lower taxes, lower government spending, less money being printed out which means much less inflation, all of this is key to a healthy economy.

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:01 PM

I think they would prosper under center-right rule. Lower taxes, lower government spending, less money being printed out which means much less inflation, all of this is key to a healthy economy.

Actually, if you knew anything about economics you'd know that's actually the key to destroying an ailing economy. If the Greeks want their economy to turn around quickly, they'd need to leave the EU and go back to their old currency and print money like there's no tomorrow. Otherwise, they're destined to continue the way they are for at least another 5 years until the global economy comes back.

El Zilcho
  • El Zilcho

Virtuoso

• Leone Family Mafia
  • European-Union

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:07 PM

Extremes are always idiotic, but the far right particularly is a sure sign of imbecility. There are no circumstances that I can think of which would justify surrendering a nation to the cancer of knee jerk politics. Was Germany or Italy better under far right rule in the 30s and 40s? They too came to power with some help from economic downturn, and their supposed "solutions".

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:43 AM

QUOTE (El Zilcho @ Thursday, Jul 19 2012, 23:07)
Extremes are always idiotic, but the far right particularly is a sure sign of imbecility. There are no circumstances that I can think of which would justify surrendering a nation to the cancer of knee jerk politics. Was Germany or Italy better under far right rule in the 30s and 40s? They too came to power with some help from economic downturn, and their supposed "solutions".

Agree with you.
But, during mid '40s and '50s, the only obejctive of the far right rule is survival. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I guess, that's the reason why Italy and Germany were in miseries under the far right rule.

Aristocrat
  • Aristocrat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:13 AM

Hmm, sorry bloke we are trying that across the Atlantic and it is working bloody horribly.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Hellhound Warpig

• United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:42 AM Edited by sivispacem, 22 July 2012 - 06:48 AM.

QUOTE (Aristocrat @ Sunday, Jul 22 2012, 07:13)
Hmm, sorry bloke we are trying that across the Atlantic and it is working bloody horribly.

Care to expand on this? Because a) we don't permit one-line posts in this subforum and b) its utter tripe. I imagine by your national flag you are British (its not made very clear by your "across the Atlantic statement, but if you are claiming that the US is a far-right state that's equally absurd), so can you please explain why you think the UK is a far-right state. Last time I checked, the government weren't encouraging strict social hierarchy or supremacy; nor were they advocating authoritarianism, jingoism, xenophobia, anti-integration policies or any other hallmark of the far right.

QUOTE (shiva s @ Sunday, Jul 22 2012, 04:43)
But, during mid '40s and '50s, the only obejctive of the far right rule is survival. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Wrong, I'd argue. The far right during the late 40s and 50s acted as a bastion against Communism (look into Gladio as a strong example, though that tended to be paramilitaries rather than politicians) and may well have presented themselves as a life-or-death survival based choice, but its become abundantly clear since the collapse of Communism that the threat of left-wing revolution in postwar Europe was tremendously overestimated, with the possible exceptions of in Italy and Greece.

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:10 AM

Ah, yes, I just went through some of my old history books. The communism collapsed around '45s to 50's and the threat for Far Right was completely eliminated. And, did they emerge into power after that ?
Please, explain me.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Hellhound Warpig

• United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:20 AM

QUOTE (shiva s @ Sunday, Jul 22 2012, 08:10)
Ah, yes, I just went through some of my old history books. The communism collapsed around '45s to 50's and the threat for Far Right was completely eliminated. And, did they emerge into power after that ?
Please, explain me.

Communism collapsed in the '80s and '90s. During the immediate post-WWII period, there was a great deal of fear amongst the democratic European nations that Communist organisations and agents of the Soviet Union would attempt to overthrow democratic government, either in free and fair elections by playing to the poor and the disadvantaged, or through force as insurgents or partisans. Gladio, the example I used, was a far-right (composed largely of veterans and many of Mussolini's special forces and security personnel) stay-behind paramilitary army which the newly-formed NATO supplied and funded to operate in Italy to act against Communism during the shaky resurgence of Italian democracy. Similarly, elsewhere in Europe, far-right organisations were used (often under the pay-roll of democratic governments) to help push out or destroy Communist organisations.

It all went a bit tits-up in the end, particularly in Italy, where Gladio kind of expanded their mandate and conducted several devastating terrorist attacks on Italian cities (most notably the Bologna bombing) as false-flag attacks, attributed to Anarchist or Communist organisations. Elsewhere, when it became obvious that the threat of Communism was overblown, they disbanded and formed neo-Nazi street gangs. Most of the leadership of continental European violent racist street gangs of the 70s and 80s were made up of members of right-wing stay-behind paramilitary groups.

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:39 AM Edited by shiva s, 22 July 2012 - 07:41 AM.

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Sunday, Jul 22 2012, 07:20)
QUOTE (shiva s @ Sunday, Jul 22 2012, 08:10)
Ah, yes, I just went through some of my old history books. The communism collapsed around '45s  to 50's and the threat for Far Right was completely eliminated. And, did they emerge into power after that ?
Please, explain me.

Communism collapsed in the '80s and '90s. During the immediate post-WWII period, there was a great deal of fear amongst the democratic European nations that Communist organisations and agents of the Soviet Union would attempt to overthrow democratic government, either in free and fair elections by playing to the poor and the disadvantaged, or through force as insurgents or partisans. Gladio, the example I used, was a far-right (composed largely of veterans and many of Mussolini's special forces and security personnel) stay-behind paramilitary army which the newly-formed NATO supplied and funded to operate in Italy to act against Communism during the shaky resurgence of Italian democracy. Similarly, elsewhere in Europe, far-right organisations were used (often under the pay-roll of democratic governments) to help push out or destroy Communist organisations.

It all went a bit tits-up in the end, particularly in Italy, where Gladio kind of expanded their mandate and conducted several devastating terrorist attacks on Italian cities (most notably the Bologna bombing) as false-flag attacks, attributed to Anarchist or Communist organisations. Elsewhere, when it became obvious that the threat of Communism was overblown, they disbanded and formed neo-Nazi street gangs. Most of the leadership of continental European violent racist street gangs of the 70s and 80s were made up of members of right-wing stay-behind paramilitary groups.

You win, Sivi. I heard that, communism came to an end around 40's. Anyway, thanks for the explanations.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users