What will happen to GTAF?

48 replies to this topic
Pucchiac
  • Pucchiac

A Place in the Sun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:16 AM

So, this question has been pondering in my mind for a while now, and I thought you guys would like to leave some of your thoughts or opinions about the matter. So please, feel free to let your voice be known. icon14.gif

What do you think will happen to GTAF when the GTA franchise ends?

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:16 AM

It will die.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:18 AM

What has happened to the VC section now that it's ended? People are still playing it and for as long as they are, there'll always be discussion. It will eventually dry up of course but let's hope that doesn't happen (for the sanity of the V generation).

Pucchiac
  • Pucchiac

A Place in the Sun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE (Craig @ Sunday, May 13 2012, 03:18)
What has happened to the VC section now that it's ended? People are still playing it and for as long as they are, there'll always be discussion. It will eventually dry up of course but let's hope that doesn't happen (for the sanity of the V generation).

Over time people will get bored of it though, which seems like will end GTAF all together. That's just my opinion.

Pico
  • Pico

cinnamon ropes

• Zaibatsu

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:22 AM

This December will mark my 10th year coming here. It'll be a sad day when either the site goes down, or I realize nobody really comes around anymore. The thing is, GTA V is set to be released this year, which means it'll come out next year. That means years of modding, years of request for a site like this. I'd say even if GTA V is the last of the series, this forum could last out the remainder of the decade. By then I'll be in my mid 30s and wondering what the f*ck I've done with my life that I'm still here for almost 20 years

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:27 AM

I bet some forum vets will me glad the spell has been broken and that they're finally free.

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • European-Union

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:53 AM

Mass hysteria, riots in the street, self immolation, poo smeared over walls in protest, a total break down of law and order. It will inevitably be blamed on "those bloody immigrants".

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Saturday, May 12 2012, 22:53)
Mass hysteria, riots in the street, self immolation, poo smeared over walls in protest, a total break down of law and order. It will inevitably be blamed on "those bloody immigrants".

I love you.

But I don't think the GTA franchise will end anytime soon. As long as they make a f*cking killing off of V I don't see why they would stop making new ones.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:13 AM

Dogs and Cats living Together, MASS HYSTERIA alright. Will never happen in our lifetime, not to worry, folks

Pucchiac
  • Pucchiac

A Place in the Sun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:17 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Sunday, May 13 2012, 04:13)
Dogs and Cats living Together, MASS HYSTERIA alright. Will never happen in our lifetime, not to worry, folks

What do dogs and cats have to do with Grand Theft Auto? And unless you plan on living less than 15 years longer, it seems pretty plausible to happen in our lifetime's..

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:20 AM

^Classic comic Bill Murray line from 1984's Ghostbusters, please do make sure to see that film! ASAP

Anyway, there are other forums, about other things, but Rockstar and GTA are here to stay

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:15 AM

I imagine if GTAForums was to end, Slamman would be like a lost puppy.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:26 AM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Sunday, May 13 2012, 16:15)
I imagine if GTAForums was to end, Slamman would be like a lost puppy.

He would spam the sh*t out of son other forum... pretty sure that's what he did when he was banned.

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:27 AM

He'd probably have to get a life wow.gif

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:27 AM

I imagine we'll disappear after about five years. Slamman will still be here though, probably after a mental break down, talking to himself and only himself.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:35 AM

It'd be renamed "The Lounge forums" and the lounge topics would be the main thing on the forusm.

But no it would most likely die over a course of a few years, with only a few people poping in now and then to say high or to reminise over GTA.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:54 AM

I believe they'll change GTAForums to another Rockstar Games' franchise, won't be anything related to Saints Row. BETTER question is if Volitions's SR will survive longer then Grand Theft Auto!! A-ha!!?!

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:05 AM

Considering that forums exist for long dead games that weren't nearly as popular as GTA is, I'm sure not much will change, except perhaps the loss of some of the "only interested in the next game" members.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

I'm the writer.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:09 AM

Try to imagine mass paranoia and such that revolved around Y2K. Yeah, that's what it will be like here. People will post thousands of SPAM topics, to quote Stu - Poo will be thrown, and we will all witness the eventual apocalyptic death of GTAF.

Considering GTA is their biggest franchise and they're only onto their second next-gen game with it. I'm sure we'll have plenty more GTA games to come.

GTA: 2142 anyone? mercie_blink.gif

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

I'm sure when the GTA Franchise does end, as it probably will one day, when Then I guess other forums will be around like this one.

M.A.K
  • M.A.K

Religion! ... Cause of Peace & War.

• Members

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

Well This place stayed alive for 12 years now? (almost?)

I don't see it dying anytime soon, this place has more history than the natural history museum, GTA will stay alive for a decade to come maybe after that it'll end, Rockstar would end? we never know what will happen we can only wait.

Now Slamman put up a good question. Would Grand Theft Auto live or Saints Row live longer, time will tell.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:11 PM Edited by lil weasel, 13 May 2012 - 03:07 PM.

But, if Five (V) is as bad as Four (IV) was then how much longer?
Maybe a shift to Red Dead Redemption ilk (turn of the 19th century stories)?
Just a simple shift of Subject. Forums can conform to current subject matter or wither away, as I've seen at least three do.
But, as long as San Andres is still pulling in members icon14.gif

chris
  • chris

Everton FC

• The Connection

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:16 PM

I don't think R* has any plans to scrap arguably their biggest franchise game so i'm not worried, even if sh*t happened and the site went down i'd still be able to chat to my many good friends i've made here on facebook and the likes.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

I and many others will come back. I'm not on these forums just for GTA. Theres loads of forums here apart from GTA. biggrin.gif

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:45 PM Edited by SmC12, 13 May 2012 - 12:58 PM.

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Sunday, May 13 2012, 12:35)
I and many others will come back. I'm not on these forums just for GTA. Theres loads of forums here apart from GTA. biggrin.gif

Indeed. It's great to share the experience and excitement with other GTA fans, but I don't come here just because it's a GTA forum, it's the community I come here for, even the V regulars, they provide the most entertainment. So I think even if GTA were finished this forum would still be strong.

QUOTE (Rockstar)
We're not stopping untill we've simulated the world outside

I think we've got some time. wink.gif

GTA 360
  • GTA 360

LIVE WITH IT OR DIE FROM IT.

• Members

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

Like all games, there will always be fans, and those fans will always need a place to argue over which protag is better or which GTA has better graphics, or who found what easter egg, and that will be here.

FoxTint
  • FoxTint

Gun it, playa

• Members

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

GTA V will probably be the last game for the current generation of consoles, but there could be an "Episodes from Los Santos" or "Los Santos Stories" type sequel you never know.

I'd imagine, if R* quit the GTA franchise, this forum will still be buzzing. There is always something to talk about in GTA games, even with San Andreas and Vice City.

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • European-Union

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

Plus even if R* do "retire" the franchise, like others have said people come here for more than just GTA. And surely it would only be a matter of time before it's brought back in any case. I could see them taking a break with GTA for a decade or something like that, but surely they would HAVE to bring it back eventually. Things like making HD remakes of games is also gaining popularity, so even if they don't bring out a new game there's always things like that which will keep people coming.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

People will be still playing with other GTAs or just troll this forums. A regular activity.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (bammargera @ Sunday, May 13 2012, 05:05)
Considering that forums exist for long dead games that weren't nearly as popular as GTA is, I'm sure not much will change, except perhaps the loss of some of the "only interested in the next game" members.

My thoughts exactly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users