Quantcast

» «
Photo

Complete drown out all background noise?

2 replies to this topic
Coldkilla
  • Coldkilla

GTA Film Director

• Members

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:49 AM

I realize that the GTA directory has all of the sound effects, but in order to seem "real" the game engine must be introduced in order to create a believable sound effect (in some, not all cases). I wanted to start building a sound library by driving a select number of vehicles in the game, but I always hear the ambient noises in the background (birds, wind, etc).

Even if you are on top of the highest skyscraper or in the furthest areas of the airport you will get these ambient noises, which makes for difficult sound capture. Any thoughts?

Jasper Petrol
  • Jasper Petrol

Xin Lỗi

• Members

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:11 AM

If you are using the PC Version of GTA IV, an option would be to download a copy of OpenIV and extract the sound files that you want to use as .WAV files. Then you can use them like you would any other audio files with your audio or video software. icon14.gif

The challenge is finding the right file in the sound banks!

Coldkilla
  • Coldkilla

GTA Film Director

• Members

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:02 AM Edited by Coldkilla, 12 May 2012 - 03:14 AM.

QUOTE (Jasper Petrol @ Friday, May 11 2012, 08:11)
If you are using the PC Version of GTA IV, an option would be to download a copy of OpenIV and extract the sound files that you want to use as .WAV files. Then you can use them like you would any other audio files with your audio or video software.  icon14.gif

The challenge is finding the right file in the sound banks!

OpenIV is a poor way to get a LOT of sounds out of GTA4. The game engine manipulates many of the sounds so that they appear much more natural within the game world. I've extracted over 150,000 sound effects in OpenIV and of the practical ones I could use, most are garbage simply because you need the game engine.

Back to my original question, if anyone knows a way to drown out the ambient backgrounds I would very much appreciate it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users