how does procobj work

14 replies to this topic
jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:48 AM

i'm tweaking that file that contains mainly small environmental objects like flowers , rubbish etc . and i'm surprised cause OpenIV can't locate any of the objects listed in that file . so my question is , how does it works , does these objects spawn randomly , and if so how does it works

pc/data/maps/generic

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:14 AM

i think i found . objects aren't spawned , but as some are on water they don't have constant position , and thus can't be shown by OpenIV . i think this is it sigh.gif

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• The Yardies

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:42 PM

The procedural objects spawn on the parts of the map which have certain collision materials assigned.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:17 AM

how do you edit collision models in GTA IV

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:27 PM

i need to know how the procobj placement work . i believe they have wpl , haven't they ?
user posted image

monster875.
  • monster875.

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:09 PM

my god jpm1, use the "edit" button instead of multi post! and plz, ask all of ur questions in one topic instead of creating a sh*tload of topics for each question -.-'

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:26 AM

if you're annoyed by people who are asking help , it's maybe you that is at the wrong place . you want me to edit but you want me to edit what ??

monster875.
  • monster875.

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:44 AM

u keep double posting, which is against the forum rules. and no, why should i have a problem for ppl who asks for help? u just keep making one topic for ONE question, try to make a single topic with all ur questions instead of spamming

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:17 AM

you say i post sh?* , you say i'm spamming , man i think you should go troll elsewhere . for now you are the only one here wasting other people precious time . and think twice before posting non-sense

monster875.
  • monster875.

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:06 AM

who say i troll u? i'm just saying what u're doing and that it's spam when u double post

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:17 AM

Okay, enough. Both of you.

@monster875.: The report was enough. There's no need to post.

@jpm1: Learn to EDIT your posts if you wish to add anything to your previous post. Don't double post.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

i'm sorry guys but you are both wrong . edit won't make the post go up . you never saw somebody say "up" in forums . did i abuse with that thing , i really think i did not . so please don't talk to me like if i was spamming , thank you very much . personnally i use the report function for racism or homophobia only , otherwise i let the people make mistakes , that doesn't bother me . but trolls are known to get nervious easily

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:41 PM

I'm not talking about making the post go up. If you don't make a double post, you don't need to make it go up. Is this your first time on a forum? Making two successive posts is called a 'double post'. Repeatedly doing it is termed as spamming and you'll be warned if you keep doing it. That is why I asked you to use the EDIT button if you want to add to your previous post instead of making a new post every time you think of something to post. Or wait for somebody to reply after your post before making another post in quick succession.

If you need any more clarification, then PM me.

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

posted 11th may and no answer yet

what happened to this place.

jpm1, what you are looking for is a file called procedural.dat and is located in gta4/common/data/materials. This file holds all information about procedural objects. They are placed 'randomly'* around other objects.
One or more objects can be linked to a material, complete documentation is in the file itself, open in notepad.

*Not really random generated, it uses a algorithm to place them, this can't be changed. But it appears somehwat randomly generated.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:14 AM

is it possible to set the objects height from the sea level and not the ground level

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users