Photo

Please Help

5 replies to this topic
MG42B34ST
  • MG42B34ST

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:37 PM

Hi, I am very new to the forums here. I have this problem where every time I try to open RGSC.exe, it displays a black screen, that whenever I click on it it turns white and says "RGSC.exe has stopped working". I already tried to fix this, and I have noticed that few people have the same problem that I am currently having. I tried re-installing Rockstar Games Social Club, I updated it, I tried running it under compatibility mode, and all of these suggestions provided by the internet still did not help me at all. I also looked on the FAQ, but it still did not help me. I just bought the game the other day, and I am very disappointed to see that it does not work.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:58 AM

Install these

GFWL update
Patch 7

On2wheels
  • On2wheels

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:25 AM

mkey, does that work for EFLC too?

I've just reinstalled EFLC from direct2drive copy. It used to run flawlessly on my PC, (it was so long ago I cant recall if it was XP or Win7 x64), but now it's hanging on the social club login window trying to authenticate my login. If I wait long enough, the window goes into "Not responding" status.

Here's my question: Does the LANoire version of RGSC interfere with the old EFLC version? Because I've played and uninstalled the Steam version of LANoire perfectly on this PC, but the RGSC did not uninstall when I removed LANoire. So now I've reinstalled EFLC with that newer version of RGSC already there, so I wonder if that would conflict with the older software. The game does load in offline mode and log in to GFWL and it did update, my Games window says the game is at ver. 1.1.0.2 released 3/30/2010.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:35 PM

Well, your EFLC game seems to be fully updated if it's version 1.1.0.2.

As far as RGSC goes, I really can't tell. GTAIV post patch 6 and EFLC use a sort of an integrated RGSC application, it's the paul.dll file you can find in the game directory. I don't know if that would conflict with LA Noire RGSC.

Did I understand correctly you manage to start the game in offline mode? It's possible they have a momentary problem with their servers so that's why you can't login. Do you have a firewall installed that may be blocking RGSC? Is there an entry for RGSC application in the "programs and features" list in windows control panel?

If you can't find where is this application installed, it may be possible that Steam support can help you with that.

juankinghard
  • juankinghard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:44 PM

I installed la noire when it came out and no joy after coming and going with rockstar they gave me a gratis version on onlive, its crap or more accurately my internet connection is, however if i completely un install GTA IV and EFLC then re install LANoire Voila it works flawlessly, then I re install GTa's then update to latest versions and TITS!! LANoire not working, with an error code of please re install missing rockstar social club elements, without doubt a conflict, cmon rockstar sort your sh*t out please,,,, A loyal rockstar supporter Juankinghard

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:24 AM

The latest patch for GTAIV uninstalls RGSC so that probably breaks LANoire. That's R* testing for you.
Try reinstalling RGSC if it comes with LANoire as an additional installer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users