Photo

Fifa 13

422 replies to this topic
fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:53 PM

National teams, counter-offer system, mid-season job changes, skill games, attacking intelligence... looks good. CM especially. Excited for it but the EA Store thing or whatever they call is in fact a pretty pointless idea. I'm not gonna play more to unlock kits.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (The Killa @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 22:09)
Not holding my breath, they promise all kinds of great things every year and they often over-promise and under-deilver.

As I said, if the improved Be-A-Pro a la FIFA 09 is in it (which shouldnt have been taken out in the first place), it will be an instant purchase.

I've no idea what you said because I was checking out the sideboob in your sig

Seriously though I agree with you so this may be a post Christmas sale buy for me, WITH vouchers and whatever to get the game cheaper
If ea store Is what it used to be why the hell should I pay full price?

Also I'm concerned about creation centre; they've been too quiet about it and I'm worried they'll ditch it, or not bother changing it
We sure as hell should have to pay for it anyway

Edit that q&a link takes me to the ea FIFA home page
Can someone copy and paste it?

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC. #Glazersout

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:11 PM

Career Mode looks f*cking awesome! Changing teams during the season, international jobs etc cool.gif

Not happy about unlocking sh*t though. Pointless icon13.gif

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

oh sh*t there's a horse in the hospital

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:32 AM

QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Tuesday, Aug 14 2012, 13:57)
QUOTE (DneroJohnson @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 18:33)
I've been wanting this for a long time:

There's a cat and mouse game  wow.gif

Holy sh*t, That actually looks quite cool! It's like a proper training mode!

Yes! that looks like some proper fun. i can see myself getting lit and then just playing little training games for hours.

Domeux
  • Domeux

King of the Craic

• Members

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

I hope there's an option to just buy the things instead of unlocking them.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:41 AM

I seem to remember EA mentioning a reward system for the points and ranks achieved by players in FIFA 12. Is there any word on what that will consist of?

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

managed to read the Q&A.

Disappointed to hear about the EAcatalogue - you have to buy boots. So for the first six months of playing Fifa all my players will have crappy EA boots? Fantastic. sad.gif

I wonder what else is "locked"? Playing at night? Specific stadiums?

The abilty to edit player appearance mid season GREATLY interests me. will, i wonder, it let us change hair styles or merely just change boots and sleeves

Also, with the demo not far off, i want to hear about Creation Centre. !! DAMMIT EA!
Part of me is actually starting to thing "oooh" but then the other part reminds myself it's EA and every year improvements are promised and not implemented.

Domeux
  • Domeux

King of the Craic

• Members

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 10:42)
The abilty to edit player appearance mid season GREATLY interests me. will, i wonder, it let us change hair styles or merely just change boots and sleeves

Yes, very excited about this myself.

The way I'd imagine it would work would be the ability to let you edit the player's kit style and accessories:
  • Boots (This is brilliant because the scouted players always wear those f*cking lego brick EA sports boots)
  • Sleeve Length
  • Ankle Tape
  • Sock Height
  • etc

Then...

You may be able to edit a player's looks provided they do not have a gameface. I would be happy just to be able to change their hair and I think that and facial hair will be the only changeable facial features.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (Domeux @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 12:18)
QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 10:42)

Yes, very excited about this myself.

The way I'd imagine it would work would be the ability to let you edit the player's kit style and accessories:
  • Boots (This is brilliant because the scouted players always wear those f*cking lego brick EA sports boots)
  • Sleeve Length
  • Ankle Tape
  • Sock Height
  • etc
Then...

You may be able to edit a player's looks provided they do not have a gameface. I would be happy just to be able to change their hair and I think that and facial hair will be the only changeable facial features.

the ability to edit the players hair style etc is a MUST i think. I won't accept anything less, and will try to play around with the game before i buy it to find out.

true player likeness could be an issue, but i mainly play with created teams and players (all my mates signed for my local club with me as player manager - another thing that concerns me is the ommision of player manager) so i want to be able to edit mid season - i like to refresh the players like i can in PES

Also and ea have said this will NOT be possible - i'd love to be able to update the kits - i understand liscened kits can't be edited (thought they could in 2002) but user created kits - i think we should be able to update them!

Perhaps adopting PES's style of editing - if you edit a kit in PES, the kit will change in other game modes (i only have 2008, ps2/p so i dunno about PS3/360 version)

EA are making progress toward the perfect game, but as ever it's baby steps, and only after taking a step backward.

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:21 AM

I wanna live in this world:

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:34 AM

I need the f*cking demo, PES didn't impress me that much this year (well, since 2009 actually), and FIFA seems even more interesting this year, Career mode looks amazing so far.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (DneroJohnson @ Friday, Aug 31 2012, 07:21)
I wanna live in this world:

i dont

@gtaghost, demo wont show you career mode. Just a 4 min friendly ,and the skill games.

I'll get the demo - just under 2 weeks off? - but will aim to play the game round a mates before deciding if i'll buy.

i dont get that ad that dnero posted - it shows nothing about fifa, just EA wasting time and money to flash messi's face about.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Friday, Aug 31 2012, 11:28)
@gtaghost, demo wont show you career mode. Just a 4 min friendly ,and the skill games.

I know, i just want to try the game instead of watching Gamescom videos before i buy it, that's all. smile.gif

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Friday, Aug 31 2012, 11:44)
QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Friday, Aug 31 2012, 11:28)

I know, i just want to try the game instead of watching Gamescom videos before i buy it, that's all. smile.gif

Ah. think i misunderstood!

i've been reading all the new features (why though does the career mode screens look the same as 12) and part of me wants to believe that EA can do it this year, but as i said a thousend times, i doubt half of these "improvements" will be done, and i bet the big bugs from 12 are still there.

Domeux
  • Domeux

King of the Craic

• Members

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 12:35)
Also and ea have said this will NOT be possible - i'd love to be able to update the kits - i understand liscened kits can't be edited (thought they could in 2002) but user created kits - i think we should be able to update them!

Finally! Someone else who has thought of this. This would be a fantastic feature to have.

I also think it would be class if you could sign new deals with the likes of Adidas or Nike, them you'd have to base your new kit around their designs (e.g. If it was adidas, your kit would have to have the three stripes going down the sleeve).

Two things that need to be fixed with the new FIFA are (Career Mode wise):

1. Transfers - by this I mean David Silva always going to Arsenal, Sneijder always to City, Modric always to United etc. etc. Honestly, I saw Inter's team after one season and only 3 players remained in it from the first season.

2. The growth system - EA have said they're improving it, and what I hope they're improving is allowing young players with low ratings grow very quickly so they're decent when they around 20, as well as not having a limit on how much a player can grow (Obviously the best players who are in the high 80s would grow very slowly so that you wouldn't have lots of guys sitting with 100 ratings).

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (Domeux @ Friday, Aug 31 2012, 19:25)
QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 12:35)
Also  and ea have said this will NOT be possible - i'd love to be able to update the kits - i understand liscened kits can't be edited (thought they could in 2002) but user created kits - i think we should be able to update them!

Finally! Someone else who has thought of this. This would be a fantastic feature to have.

I also think it would be class if you could sign new deals with the likes of Adidas or Nike, them you'd have to base your new kit around their designs (e.g. If it was adidas, your kit would have to have the three stripes going down the sleeve).

Two things that need to be fixed with the new FIFA are (Career Mode wise):

1. Transfers - by this I mean David Silva always going to Arsenal, Sneijder always to City, Modric always to United etc. etc. Honestly, I saw Inter's team after one season and only 3 players remained in it from the first season.

2. The growth system - EA have said they're improving it, and what I hope they're improving is allowing young players with low ratings grow very quickly so they're decent when they around 20, as well as not having a limit on how much a player can grow (Obviously the best players who are in the high 80s would grow very slowly so that you wouldn't have lots of guys sitting with 100 ratings).

People have been saying it for years
It's one area that pes is miles ahead of FIFA - even gk kits can be customised - how FIFA overlooked this (assuming its not laziness) I can not comprehend

Transfers are a little weird in FIFA I'll admit. I had a team in league 1 sign Defoe - I doubt he'd drop that far down!

As far as improvements go - ea say 'improved' every year and improved means exactly the same. Don't expect too much for 13. It'll be a good game but I'm betting the importsnt thing - like the game NOT crashing when you press start - will be overlooked

I'll bet my copy of FIFA that gk kits will remain crappy for most teams and I customisable for cc teams

Domeux
  • Domeux

King of the Craic

• Members

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Friday, Aug 31 2012, 20:55)
As far as improvements go - ea say 'improved' every year and improved means exactly the same. Don't expect too much for 13. It'll be a good game but I'm betting the importsnt thing - like the game NOT crashing when you press start - will be overlooked

Yeah that's true, but I have a gut feeling this one is gonna be good...like, really good. Looking forward to it.

Edit a player in Career Mode inlove.gif

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Zaibatsu

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

LOL

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

oh sh*t there's a horse in the hospital

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:21 PM Edited by TheCacti, 04 September 2012 - 01:32 AM.

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Monday, Sep 3 2012, 20:00)
LOL

haha, that is pretty awesome..

I've just traded in my copy of fifa12 to Gamestop and was shocked to hear that they're giving $18 of credit in return. Not too shabby, gamestop.

I wonder if we can actually get a lil' online league going this year with some of the GTAF members on PSN. DneroJohnson and myself played a couple games not too long ago, but if we could get a group of at least 6 teams or so, it could be a fun competition.

edit: and if creation centre doesn't completely suck ass, I'll be rather stoked to create a team and compete online.

4 Bagger
  • 4 Bagger

Malapropos

• Members

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:51 PM

Looking forward to the skill games. Should be rather interesting...

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

Complete soundtrtack has been announced

Kasabian's club foot? Madeon's finale? Oh man, oh man inlove.gif

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (DneroJohnson @ Thursday, Sep 6 2012, 10:54)
Complete soundtrtack has been announced

Kasabian's club foot? Madeon's finale? Oh man, oh man inlove.gif

I use custom soundtracks anyway (a fantastic feature that works brilliantly, as do the chants)
But Kasabian is a good choice. Also ashtar command - interesting! smile.gif

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

http://www.youtube.c...ture=plpp_video

The full playlist on youtube.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC. #Glazersout

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

Flo Rida featuring Lil Wayne? No thanks.

Kasabian - Club Foot is a great song!

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE (Tommy. @ Friday, Sep 7 2012, 00:49)

Well too bad, it's in tounge.gif

Anyways, some skill games gameplay:

I want this now dammit mad.gif

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:49 PM

The skill games look typically EA annoying. Only eight attempts, AND a time limit?

I find these things VERY frustrating at times, and that is not what a game should be about.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

Gamemasters gave it 91/100...
http://blog.fancensu...t-review-score/

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC. #Glazersout

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (DneroJohnson @ Friday, Sep 7 2012, 11:25)
QUOTE (Tommy. @ Friday, Sep 7 2012, 00:49)

Well too bad, it's in tounge.gif

Well I'll just knock that song off tounge.gif I'm not listening to Lil Wayne and Flo Rida

02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• The Yardies
  • England

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

Am I the only person who is disappointed with the new soundtrack? The music used in game in recent years has been rather bland and predictable, with the same acts like Kasabian and Bloc Party popping up over and over. (Yes Club Foot is a great song, but it's already been played to death elsewhere.) It looks as though I'll be running a custom playlist over and over.

Still, that's only a minor gripe as what I've seen gameplay wise looks awesome while the new career mode sounds very promising. icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users