» «
Photo

Fifa 13

422 replies to this topic
Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (4 Bagger @ Monday, Jul 23 2012, 17:15)
I think the career mode needs to be improved. I've played 2 career modes on FIFA 12 as Manchester United and these were who got relegated and who finished in the top 4:

1st Career mode
1. Manchester United
2. Swansea
3. Everton
4. Sunderland

18. Liverpool
19. Arsenal
20. Aston Villa

2nd Career mode
1. Manchester United
2. Fulham
3. Chelsea
4. Sunderland

18. Tottenham
19. Everton
20. Norwich

The teams who came in the top 4 and the teams that were relegated were far from realistic. Needs to be "fixed" in FIFA 13.

That problem occurred since they created manager mode in FIFA. However in FIFA Manager [the game], they fixed it a bit. tounge.gif

4 Bagger
  • 4 Bagger

Malapropos

• Members

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Monday, Jul 23 2012, 18:30)
Annual Rehashes are terrible in my eyes.
They laugh it off as saying 'we want to slightly tweak every year to see what works best'
Bullsh*t.
If they really meant that then they would do it in the form of updates.
Not milking their franchise which will soon run dry.

I think FIFA usually leave something out so they can improve it or add it in the next one and people will think it is a different game when in fact, there has only been minimal changes. People say it is a rip off to pay like £40 a year for basically the same game, but £40 is nothing for me to pay for new kits and official transfers.

I know it's a ripoff but I'm happy to pay yearly for new kits and players.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (4 Bagger @ Monday, Jul 23 2012, 17:45)
QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Monday, Jul 23 2012, 18:30)
Annual Rehashes are terrible in my eyes.
They laugh it off as saying 'we want to slightly tweak every year to see what works best'
Bullsh*t.
If they really meant that then they would do it in the form of updates.
Not milking their franchise which will soon run dry.

I think FIFA usually leave something out so they can improve it or add it in the next one and people will think it is a different game when in fact, there has only been minimal changes. People say it is a rip off to pay like £40 a year for basically the same game, but £40 is nothing for me to pay for new kits and official transfers.

I know it's a ripoff but I'm happy to pay yearly for new kits and players.

I have a qestion
Why is it called FIFA 13 when it is still 2012?

4 Bagger
  • 4 Bagger

Malapropos

• Members

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

Probably because the season ends in 2013 and most of the season is played in 2013. FIFA have always had a weird way of doing things.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:07 PM

Finally some improvement on the Manager Mode:

For the first time players will now be able to take control of international teams and lead them to glory–previously international teams were only available for exhibition games. “Play for or manage your favorite national team, competing in friendlies, qualifiers and major international tournaments. Play as a manager and secure an offer to coach any national team, with bigger decisions and more pressure. Compete as a player and prove yourself at the club level to attract national team attention and the call to play for your country,” the publisher revealed.

http://www.egmnow.co...r-mode-details/

I really hope they fix the unrealistic tables problems with the Career mode, and make it a step closer to FIFA Manager. tounge.gif

dimitrispgr
  • dimitrispgr

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

Fifa 12 is the best soccer game ever made.

At least in 1vs1 home games (dont know about single or multiplayer).

Its a good thing 13 wont have many changes.

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Sunday, Jul 29 2012, 17:07)

I really hope they fix the unrealistic tables problems with the Career mode, and make it a step closer to FIFA Manager. tounge.gif

I agree.

Seeing swansea (example) on third place after the season is done just doesn't make any sense.

and manu being 8th.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:25 AM

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Sunday, Jul 29 2012, 18:07)

and stop random points being added or taken away on player mode, so one minute one team has 76 pts, next, after no games they have 90
F*CK LOGIC

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (King Of Monra @ Monday, Jul 30 2012, 09:42)
QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Sunday, Jul 29 2012, 17:07)

I agree.

Seeing swansea (example) on third place after the season is done just doesn't make any sense.

and manu being 8th.

That stuff's been in FIFA mode since like 2002, and in PES as well, after 2-3 seasons, some weak club gets to be top, while arsenal, chelsea, etc end up mid-table.
They just can't code it properly, both of em.

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • European-Union

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

Well I never really experienced some of the problems some of you guys seem to be mentioning such as unrealistic tables or dodgy points being given or taken away. Although one thing that may be the cause of "bad teams" finishing higher than they should is that teams can get taken over by rich owners. So you might have Swansea finishing 3rd, but that's because some sheikh has pumped his oil money into them and bought some decent players.

The main niggle for me with fifa12 was the tackling which basically left you screwed if you miss timed it. Now that's true to real life to an extent, but they just lunge too often and over commit way too much. Apart from that it's nice to see manager mode has some extra stuff. Although I think they've neglected pro clubs again, which is a shame because I really love playing it. Would be nice to have some more creation options for your VP as well.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Members
  • England

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:09 AM Edited by NateShaw92, 02 August 2012 - 04:57 AM.

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Monday, Jul 30 2012, 17:45)
dodgy points being given or taken away.

only happens on player career mode in leagues you are not in.

including one moment where the 1st in the premiership was huddersfield town
HUDDERSFIELD f*ckING TOWN
3RD SEASON IN
I would have blown my top at the unrealisticness if I was not controlling them.

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

I've been wanting this for a long time:

There's a cat and mouse game wow.gif

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Zaibatsu

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:26 PM

Orgasm at 1:25

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

Attacking Intelligence? How about improving the defending imbecility?

Seriously I'm really excited for this one, I'm glad they're improving the manager mode, and skill games, finally! smile.gif

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (DneroJohnson @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 18:33)
I've been wanting this for a long time:

There's a cat and mouse game wow.gif

Holy sh*t, That actually looks quite cool! It's like a proper training mode!

I may put this on my christmas wanted list after all.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:01 PM Edited by NateShaw92, 14 August 2012 - 02:03 PM.

I hope the be a pro problem with possession is sorted, Even if it is barca vs huddersfield (I am barca) on be a pro (playing as one guy) Barca end up with like 40-50% posession, always, instead of a realistic 70-80%
this issue needs solving imo, it is maonly caused by the AI dicking with the ball in the centre doing nothing jsut dicking around with it as if they are 3-0 up when they are 8-0 down. Hope this is sorted smile.gif

and barca's new kit is... odd, i prefered their 2009-10 one, the one with big stripes, but not half the shirt, and with each big stripe was followed by a tiny thin one smile.gif inlove.gif loved that kit, last one was too many stripes and this one too few, but like the kinda blend style

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:49 PM

Not sure if someone posted this. There will be some new leauges.

czech rep, turkey, and saudi arabia.

and the balotelli flexing celebration will be in the game, but he probably wont take off his shirt.

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • European-Union

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

I can't remember where I heard it but someone compared the new Barca kits to looking like a bad powerpoint presentation a teacher would give. They are horrendous. But the skill games do look really cool, there was something similar on PES, in fact there probably still is. I used to really enjoy playing them anyways.

Anybody know when the demo is coming out on PSN/Live?

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Tuesday, Aug 14 2012, 21:51)

Probably a week or two before the release.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (DneroJohnson @ Tuesday, Aug 14 2012, 16:01)
QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Tuesday, Aug 14 2012, 21:51)

On September 11, 2012.The release date will be September 25 in the US and September 28 in the UK and Europe.

http://www.computera...-for-september/

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:29 AM

hopefully they also fix retarded manager AI - not subing you off if you are playing the be-a-pro style of player career mode or silly siognings, constantly signing midfielders so you have 4 top quality CMs but mare bones everything else confused.gif

and playing carrick over pastore, pjanic and van der vaart
it makes my brain cry seeing this tomfoolery

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:09 AM

Really liking what I'm reading re Career Mode.

Anyone know if in Be a Pro you can get call-ups to the International squad to play in friendlies and World Cups and such? They had it in FIFA 09 if I recall correctly and it was awesome.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

sh*t,say goodbye to Rooney's cute face on a FIFA cover.

Wayne Rooney will not feature on the front cover of FIFA game for the first time in seven years.
The Man Utd and England star has featured on every FIFA box cover since 2005, sharing the spotlight over the years with the likes of Kaka, Frank Lampard and Ronaldinho.

Yet EA Sports will announce today that Wayne Rooney will not appear on the front cover, with Barcelona ace Lionel Messi taking the spotlight. Two other football stars, thought to be young promising talent, will join Messi on the box art.

A press conference will begin at 6pm (BST) to announce the cover stars.

http://www.computera...sports-expires/

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • European-Union

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:05 PM

Good riddance Rooney, it was getting boring seeing his ugly mug all the time. Good to freshen things up a bit. I reckon one of the players will either be a Chelsea player, seeing as we're European champions. Or a Manchester City player, seeing as how they basically bribed Fifa to give them privileges in the game. I'd guess Aguero if it's a City player, and Hazard if it's a Chelsea player. Wouldn't be surprised to see a PSG payer on it either.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Monday, Aug 20 2012, 13:05)
Good riddance Rooney, it was getting boring seeing his ugly mug all the time. Good to freshen things up a bit. I reckon one of the players will either be a Chelsea player, seeing as we're European champions. Or a Manchester City player, seeing as how they basically bribed Fifa to give them privileges in the game. I'd guess Aguero if it's a City player, and Hazard if it's a Chelsea player. Wouldn't be surprised to see a PSG payer on it either.

I share the sentiment over Rooney although I have an incling that it will be Silva/Balotelli and Neymar either side of Messi. I'm probably way off the mark but it's just a feeling.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

Nasri and Kun are my bets....or maybe Kagawa ,this guy seems an interesting marketing target for the future.

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Zaibatsu

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

UK Cover has Joe Hart and Alex Oxlade Chamberlain on the front. There was a "live" press conference and everything for it. Seemed like a lot of razzamatazz for a front cover but oh well.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

It seems ea have returned to form of punishing casuals gamers

The eafccatalog will allow you to unlock kits boots etc. that means your players will be all in was sh*tty ones? Also will third kits be locked? Stadiums too?

Why can't ea for once just give us the game. I f*ckin hate having to play for hours to unlock non ea boots

Also I've heard your pro is online only?
I bet they drop creation centre too.eveythig I see and read makes me want this game less. I will nt buy it this year at least anyway
Maybe preowned (I don play online much anyway)

Domeux
  • Domeux

King of the Craic

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

Well I think this topic needs bumping seeing as this game will be out shortly.

Here's a link to the Q&A EA did over twitter, have to admit this is the most excited I've been over a FIFA game, purely because of the career mode updates:

Q&A

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:09 PM

Not holding my breath, they promise all kinds of great things every year and they often over-promise and under-deilver.

As I said, if the improved Be-A-Pro a la FIFA 09 is in it (which shouldnt have been taken out in the first place), it will be an instant purchase.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users