• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE (Hameer @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 19:29)
QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 19:27)
QUOTE (Hameer @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 18:32)
Is it just my game or when you score a goal in a practice match, the music goes loud.

I get that too
Stupid ea typical bug

Was it meant to be in the game or they're gonna fix it with the patch.

No, they won't patch it.
I don't think it's MEANT to happen - i think it's a bug with goal-songs (when songs play when you score).

It's just silly.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:36 AM Edited by Fireman, 16 September 2013 - 07:24 PM.

It does take really long to develop youth squad members though, I think it's a fair trade-off.

I took 7 seasons before my first youth players (from Season 1) to reach 90+.

What is weird is that players with 80-85 potential can also just end up with 93 all of the sudden. I had a youth player Showing Great Potential and played him almost every game and he ended up with 93 as LW, really weird.

You're right about the good scouts though, there's a Messi in every country after you get a good scout.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

Finishing off my Career Mode with FIFA 14 around the corner, made the best youth squad team ever (94 average OVR):

vmv3.jpg

Missing from this screenshot are:
Horiuchi RB (93 OVR), he is injured at the moment.
Bingham LW (92 OVR)
Castillo * (91 OVR)

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:09 AM

Holy sh*t, nice mate. I still play 12, but after like 5 seasons I can never get a squad like that... given I'm still finding players and I really don't play them that much since they're overall 60ish.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

I've spent the last month or so on PES, trying really hard to fall in love with it, but it's just not happening.

I've become disillusioned with Fifa, though. Too many bugs, oversights and stupidity. It's infuriatingly frustrating but fifa is the better game overall, but PES isn't as broken as Fifa.

I doubt anything will change, so I've decided to forgo buying Fifa. 12 was the last one i bought (had 13 unexpectedly gifted to me). I just can't support EA anymore.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:08 AM

Holy sh*t, nice mate. I still play 12, but after like 5 seasons I can never get a squad like that... given I'm still finding players and I really don't play them that much since they're overall 60ish.

Thanks!

This was after 13 seasons though, so some players have been in my squad from when they were 16 and I made sure their potential was 90-94,

I only take youth members if they're OVR 69-75 when they're recruited, but I can't remember how that works on FIFA 12, haven't played it in a long time.

I've become disillusioned with Fifa, though. Too many bugs, oversights and stupidity. It's infuriatingly frustrating but fifa is the better game overall, but PES isn't as broken as Fifa.

Completely agreed here, I lost so many players and savegames because of sh*tty bugs and crashes, eventually one of my savegames couldn't sell/buy players anymore or reload games.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:38 AM

Nice team there Fireman.

Anyways I know this is the 13 topic but since there isn't much difference between 12 and 13 I'll post my career mode in FIFA 12  here too.

Currently in the 2nd season with Everton. Narrowly qualified for Euro League qualifying round, in 6th place, just 1 point above Tottenham. Lost in the Quarter Finals of both the F.A. cup and the League Cup. It was a fairly good season but the board still said it was 'poor' was some reason.

Made it to the Round of 32 in the Euro League, finished 2nd in the group stage with 11 points. Currently in the semi-finals of the English League Cup and 5th in BPL. Just 3 points adrift of leaders Chelsea.

And now my squad. Only the main XI and the subs:

GK: T.Howard 81

Def: Alex Silva 81

Def: L.Baines 81

Def: S.Distin 77

Mid: E.Cambiasso 84

Mid: D.Beckham 78

Mid: J.Rodwell 81

Mid: S.Coleman 80

Mid: M.Fellaini 81

ST: D.Starqualrsi 71

ST: E.Nelson 62

Substitutes:

Mid: J.Heitinga 77

Mid: L.Osman 77

Mid: R.Barkley 72

Mid: Biyaltedinov 77

Mid: A.Diarra 81

ST: L.Saha 79

ST: Raul 79 

It's a fairly good team. Rodwell is a great player and develops fast. Barkley is another decent young player. Nelson is a youth player I just bought and he's great. Starqularsi is a fine young striker. Raul is old but he is my top scorer. Beckham is considering retirement, so I bought Diarra as a replacement. Fellaini and Baines also chip in with useful contributions. I plan to sell Osman and Saha and bring a star player in my team the next season. Overall a solid team with a rating of 4 and half stars.

The best part is I got a good bargain for some of these players. Nearly all of them below 10 million euros. Alex Silva was about 6, Beckham about 2,  Diarra about 4.2, Raul about 8 and Cambiasso was the only expensive one with about 12.

@Fgcarva: Nice to see someone playing 12 with me. This guy made a video about the Youth academy and it's damn useful. Really helped me out. So now I pick only players who have overall of 60 and a potential of about 80 and that's how I found Nelson, I have three more in my youth academy but they are not eligible for first team selection at the moment.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

Damn, Beckham was still 2 million in 2012?

I always bought him first as well in FIFA 13, and he was only 400k or something, depending on the day.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

Damn, Beckham was still 2 million in 2012?

I always bought him first as well in FIFA 13, and he was only 400k or something, depending on the day.

I bought him because I had loaned Thiago from Barcelona in the first season. And he was great went up to 82 but I needed a replacement for him for the next season and his value was at 30 million so I couldn't set up a permanent transfer, so I went for Beckham. I had to take into account wage value (since my wage was very low) and Beckham's wage value was only 25,000 best bargain I ever made. And he's about 78. He can chip in with useful goals and assists.

One drawback though, his stamina is pretty low so I have to either use him as a sub or sub him mid-way through a game but he is a must have if you are playing with a small team with a low budget.

i tried to buy Giggs and Zanetti who were both 80+ in the first season but they loved their club too much so I had to withdraw.

Starqularsi was a surprise package, I once picked him for a cup match against a small team and he scored a brace, he continued the same in the league matches and that earned him a permanent place in the side and now I barely use Saha.

Raul was another decent bargain, below 10 million overall 81 in the first season and my top scorer, but his overall decreased by 2 due to his age.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

So Fifa 14 almost tempted me over. But I've decided that the "global scouting network" is retarded (Apparently, if you're a manager of Barca, following Bale's move, you've no idea if he's any good or not!)
I've read some reviews, and "step backward" is used. I also think the graphics are worse. EA being lazy and focusing on next gen.

Sticking with Fifa 13, however, and I've made an oversight; not updating my teams before CC14 launched. So now i'm stuck :(

But i now have another year to build my team and youth players. Too far in to even try to sign any retiring pros (as the above posts spoke of), but may hunt down their regens.

One thing that PES always attracts me in: being able to edit kits AT ANY TIME - end of the season, new kit time. Fifa demands a restart of your entire career, and well, what's the point?

I've got an away kit i'm bored of. Redesigned it, updated the CC but too late as it's 14. The frustrating thing is: Its the exact same f*cking data!
Typical EA, "f*ck you if you don't allow us to rape you financially."
Hell i might just buy Fifa 14 second hand. f*ck online play!

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

So Fifa 14 almost tempted me over. But I've decided that the "global scouting network" is retarded (Apparently, if you're a manager of Barca, following Bale's move, you've no idea if he's any good or not!)
I've read some reviews, and "step backward" is used. I also think the graphics are worse. EA being lazy and focusing on next gen.

Sticking with Fifa 13, however, and I've made an oversight; not updating my teams before CC14 launched. So now i'm stuck :(

But i now have another year to build my team and youth players. Too far in to even try to sign any retiring pros (as the above posts spoke of), but may hunt down their regens.

One thing that PES always attracts me in: being able to edit kits AT ANY TIME - end of the season, new kit time. Fifa demands a restart of your entire career, and well, what's the point?

I've got an away kit i'm bored of. Redesigned it, updated the CC but too late as it's 14. The frustrating thing is: Its the exact same f*cking data!
Typical EA, "f*ck you if you don't allow us to rape you financially."
Hell i might just buy Fifa 14 second hand. f*ck online play!

You've got to scout the player first to see if he is good or not. And the graphics are better than 13, what are you talking about?

250px-Borussia_dortmund_bayern_munich_fi

250px-Fifa_14_borussia_dortmund_bayern_m

13 above and 14 below.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

14's too clean and bright. the demo showed too much perfection in the kits and pitch. I've seen vids on youtube, same bland, bright pitch.

The scouting thing you mentioned - that's precisely my point. In Fifa 14, It's impossible for you to know how good messi, ronaldo, bale etc are. EVERYONE knows that they are great players. But you'll have to send out a scout to tell you "they're good"

Do you have to scout BEFORE signing or can you blindly sign a player?

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

The new Global Transfer Network brings too much annoyance to be enjoyable  (playing on Xbox anyway).

The first season you got twenty million updates and messages about your scouts finding players which you already knew played there.

I just only use the youth scouting, which is still exactly the same.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:25 AM

14's too clean and bright. the demo showed too much perfection in the kits and pitch. I've seen vids on youtube, same bland, bright pitch.

The scouting thing you mentioned - that's precisely my point. In Fifa 14, It's impossible for you to know how good messi, ronaldo, bale etc are. EVERYONE knows that they are great players. But you'll have to send out a scout to tell you "they're good"

Do you have to scout BEFORE signing or can you blindly sign a player?

You have to scout them to know they're overall and potential and then decide whether to sign them. it's just a bit more realistic.

Or you could try renting the game but it is your choice if you want the game or not. :)

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:08 PM Edited by Fireman, 03 October 2013 - 01:08 PM.

I've decided to continue with FIFA 13.

Just had this happening to me, worst f*cking referee ever:

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:59 PM

That happens in FIFA 13, 12, 11, 10...

How by the way is having to scout a player to know how good he is more realistic
Would this happen in real life:

Mourinho: I want to sign messi. Make it happen
Scout: ok I'll scout him and tell you how good he is
Mourinho: his good he is? It's messi! Just make an offer
Scout: no I've got to scout in first. Then I'll tell you he's good. The you can enquire
Mourino: so I've gotta send you out first? I can't just buy him
Scout: no
Mourino: you're fired

Its a stupid gimmick to make you think they've added to the game
Makes sense when looking for youth players but signing already established footballers?
If I need a replacement for retiring lampard, scouting for a midfielder who can pass and shoot etc - makes sense there, but I should be able to forego all that and just buy a player
It's just not needed

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

I personally feel all the starting 11's and reserved from clubs should be visible since the beginning, however the players who're not in the selection should remain hidden unless scouted.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:21 AM

thats an interesting idea.

But if Fifa was built with interesting ideas, itd be a hell of a lot better than anything!

unfortunately it's built with deadlines and financial targets.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:37 PM

Hey, sorry for bumping an old topic but does anyone know how to view uploaded replays? EA are a bunch of sh*t and their whole navigation system is like bunch of tangled wires on acid. 

I had to get some sort of Origins thing but nowhere is a link to viewing my replays. God, I hate EA.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:55 AM

Uhm I think you can upload only 3 replays to the internet and they're all in horrible formats.

I think you're looking for this.

You're much better off getting Fraps, as you said EA sucks.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:46 AM Edited by Vercetti42, 21 June 2014 - 11:46 AM.

Mister Pink is on Xbox 360 not PC so there is no chance of using fraps.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:08 PM

Well the quality is so bad you might as well record it with a camera on the screen.

• Mokrie Dela likes this

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:12 AM

to be fair, recording with a camera isn't that bad... at times. Capture would be better of course, but filming with phone is indeed better than EA's videos.

• Fireman likes this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:09 AM

Good stuff, hitting the woodwork three times in a row and not scoring was most impressive :p

• Mokrie Dela likes this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:49 PM Edited by Fireman, 26 June 2014 - 12:50 PM.

Here's a video about how my team ended up, with Youth Players only, on the final matchday of Career Mode in Season 15:

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:05 PM

Looks like you came off well.

I've not got past like season 4 in fifa... ever.... :\

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:53 PM Edited by Fireman, 26 June 2014 - 08:56 PM.

That game took VERY long though, to reach 95+ on players requires you to play all the matches and not sim much, took me a lot of hours/days.

I usually finish one or two careers, I haven't finished any career modes this FIFA 14 though. Pretty close on one though.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:41 PM

I usually have 2 running - my made up english team (goes back to school, and appear in half of the clips in the vid i posted (Green home shirt, yellow change kit) and usually Chelsea. I also play my Sprunk (now Pisswasser) cup of teams set in the GTA universe (Click here), so I often switch between them. I play 7/8 min halves too, as I like passing it about, not going all out from K/O. Plus other games I play, I just never got that far in career. In 13 or 14 (can't remember which) I got like 4 seasons in.

My chelsea team at the end of last season and the current season:

Spoiler

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:46 PM

Your Chelsea team is amazing, how did you get that much money?! I would dump Krul though, but that's because I don't like him :p. The GTA Universe stuff is set to private.

I have 4 careers running on FIFA 14, but usually don't pull through neither.

One with only playing on Legendary with scouted player with a lower OVR than 40, one with main focus on Mexican players, one with players from all countries and one where I play on Legendary with good scouted players.

All youth scouting though, never liked real players.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:19 AM

The GTA Universe stuff is set to private.

Fixed.

Your Chelsea team is amazing, how did you get that much money?! I would dump Krul though, but that's because I don't like him :p.

Ah I like Krul. I had signed Al Habsi in fifa 13 (technically, my previous post is off topic! :D) as he was my favourite keeper last season.

How did i get that much money? I sold a few - David Luis (I simply do not like him at all), for example. Cahill (great defender and i can't remember why I sold him). You might notice Oscar's not there - that's cos Man City made an offer, far below his worth. So I countered for far above it. They countered that with his actual value, but i just bumped up my price. Sold him in the end for 50M.
Ronaldinho was pretty cheap as he's old. He's not in the more recent team as he retired (along with Donovan). Talking of Donovan - I did a straight swap for Torres (who I have never liked) and in his final season, Donovan scored 38 Premier League goals. Have that shearer! (Donovan scored about 45 overall).

Chelsea's money's quite generous, and I think I got lucky with a few of them - Iniesta for example. Younger players like Bruma might have gone the other way, I can't remember, but i did sell a few.

I have 4 careers running on FIFA 14, but usually don't pull through neither.

One with only playing on Legendary with scouted player with a lower OVR than 40, one with main focus on Mexican players, one with players from all countries and one where I play on Legendary with good scouted players.

All youth scouting though, never liked real players.

I usually play on Legendary. The CPU's so poor it's only noticable when playing against one of the overpowered teams like Liverpool, Madrid, Munich etc. Interesting with the mexicans. With my current MMs I'm looking at youth players more. Only problem is I'm having 18 year olds, rated 50 demanding first team action - as if I'm going to favour a young inexperienced player over Iniesta in the FA cup final. I usually play the younger players in the Capital One Cup. I can't loan them out because that side of the game's broken; no one ever takes them and that's seriously stunted my youth player growth.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users