» «
Photo

Fifa 13

422 replies to this topic
OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:32 PM Edited by OchyGTA, 05 June 2012 - 06:19 PM.

Fifa 13

Well its been coming for a few weeks since the new Pro Evo was announced but now Fifa 13 has been unofficially revealed by gaming site 'DSOgaming'.

All of this information, and the screenshots, comes from website DSOGaming, which we've never heard of before. But given the fact that it refers to the beautiful game as soccer and dedicates a few disinterested paragraphs to the game's reveal we're guessing they're American.
We also assume they've unwittingly broken an embargo date, which is why no one else has put up their preview yet - and why we wouldn't be surprised to find EA getting them to take down this one if they notice it.

To be honest, I'm not expecting a huge overhaul in game-play as I felt we saw in the previous instalment, but they appear to be making the necessary improvements. Improving the "Player Impact Engine" is great as it had its flaws in Fifa 12 and enhancing the AI's attacking ability should provide a more challenging game.

This year's FIFA sequel is to focus on five major improvements to EA Sports' best-selling sports sim: First Touch Control, Player Impact, Complete Dribble, Tactical Free-Kicks and Attacking AI.

Here's a couple of the screen shots:

user posted image

user posted image

I for one am pretty excited and will be keen to see how this development progresses, especially with regards to manager mode; the free-kick changes sound intriguing as well. Once again, expect a late September release.

References:
http://www.metro.co....ils-and-screens
http://www.cinemable...erge-42269.html
http://www.dsogaming...ts-and-details/
http://www.nowgamer...._ever_di3d.html

I'll add to this post as more information becomes available.

UPDATE

So EA have announced that players progress from Fifa 12 will be carried over to the latest addition and that they will be rewarding players for participating in Football Club. Further more, gamers will be able to link their stats and progress to social networking sites for the first time in the series with a great emphasis placed on this.

Fans will now be earning Football Club Credits to unlock items such as kits, special celebrations, virtual pro attribute boosts, Career Mode super scout credits, FIFA 13 Ultimate Teamcoin boosts, and extra matches in Head-to-Head Seasons mode from the Catalogue.

http://www.computera...club-features/#

E3 Trailer

The graphics aren't a huge step up but the game looks polished to say the least. Both dribbling and free kicks look like they've been greatly improved.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

I don't think they need to fundamentally change too much, FIFA 12 is a solid game. I'm still waiting and waiting for them to improved career mode, it's a lot better in 12 but why can't we get the Be A Pro from FIFA 09, where you start out playing for the reserves and work your way to the national squad? Was always so fun.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:57 PM

In my opinion, career mode only needs minor improvements. Player growth needs a little bit of tweaking but was much better in Fifa 12 than in Fifa 11. The youth academy was a great addition and I expect further progression. Finally, I would like official licensing for both the European Cups instead of the Champions Cup and whatever the other ones called, haven't played in it for ages.

You're right about the Be a Pro in Fifa 09. Its just seemed so bland in the last two games as you never really progress. You're always guaranteed to be in the first team, never dropped to reserves or transfer listed (is the latter possible?). If you had to work your way up from non-league and get trials with league teams then maybe that would freshen up the game mode.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:06 AM

Skipped Fifa 12 cause I spent so much on gold packs on Fifa 11 tounge.gif

I miss Ultimate Team so I might buy this one for my fix.

Slingaa
  • Slingaa

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken.

• Members

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:19 AM

Already got my career mode planned out, will be playing as Fleetwood Town trying to get to the Premier League.

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:51 AM

If they fix the offside bug I'll be happy.

Wrong Kind
  • Wrong Kind

Louis van Gaal's red and white army!

• Members
  • British-Antarctic-Territory
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

I get excited for FIFA every year so yeah, I'm looking forward to FIFA 13 tounge.gif

TheTrikstar
  • TheTrikstar

Skank!

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

This is the first Fifa im not getting since 05, Too bad they dont sell it for PC

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:17 PM

Bump - Updated OP

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

They have to fix the player career mode problem where league tables bug up and after 38 games in the premiership (straight after the 38th game) it says for example
1 - man united 87 pts
2 - man city 86pts
3 - chelsea 73 pts
4 - arsenal 71 pts

then a few in game days later
1 - chelsea 82pts
2 - man city 79 pts
3 - arsenal 77 pts
4 - man united 76pts

that just really annoys me the league table jsut fundamnetally shifts from time to time during the season (as long as you are not in the league) and that messes up the european cup and everything Plus it proves that EA love chelsea
It is apparently a scripted issue

Also, bring a cup competition for the american teams based on copa libertadores then we can have a club world cup type competition (tho it will be like the konami cup in pes but still would be kinda cool)

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 18:32)
They have to fix the player career mode problem where league tables bug up and after 38 games in the premiership (straight after the 38th game) it says for example
1 - man united 87 pts
2 - man city 86pts
3 - chelsea 73 pts
4 - arsenal 71 pts

1 - chelsea 82pts
2 - man city 79 pts
3 - arsenal 77 pts
4 - man united 76pts

that just really annoys me the league table jsut fundamnetally shifts from time to time during the season (as long as you are not in the league) and that messes up the european cup and everything Plus it proves that EA love chelsea

It's worse than that:

1-Man Utd
2-Fulham
3-Arsenal
4-Norwich City

I really hope they fix that.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 18:35)
QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 18:32)
1 - man united 87 pts
2 - man city 86pts
3 - chelsea 73 pts
4 - arsenal 71 pts

1 - chelsea 82pts
2 - man city 79 pts
3 - arsenal 77 pts
4 - man united 76pts

It's worse than that:

1-Man Utd
2-Fulham
3-Arsenal
4-Norwich City

I really hope they fix that.

wow u got a really bad one. the one I am especially pissed about was in the season i was in barca, leaving huddersfield after winning the premiership with them 9seriously) i checked the table, they were 17th 9survivng relegation) then that table randomness kicked in and they were 19th i was like ARRRRRGHHHHHH NOOOOOOOO cos i was looking forward to playing them wih my next team (man United)

it is realistic table before the random change and then suddenly unrealistic. it changes the damn results that have already gone making it unrealistic

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE (TheTrikstar @ Thursday, May 10 2012, 14:29)
This is the first Fifa im not getting since 05, Too bad they dont sell it for PC

Say what?

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:01 AM

here we go again - yeah that sounds right.

Looks the same as 12. It'll play the same as 12. It'll have a few new "features" (read gimmicks) that wont work properly. MM will be crap. The game wil still be buggy. The bug in 11 that prevents some people from even loading the damned game is still there. EA are lazy and incopetant, rebranding the same crap year in year out, and we're all stupid enough to fall for it.

"Creativity in attack" - so that's 360 dribbling again then.
"Impact engine" - that sounds familiar.

From the trailer the GKs look as crap as ever.

And i bet for the creative people, CC wont change, and they'll charge again to use it in the game. I could list things they should improve on for hours, literally hundreds of ideas, but aint nobody got time for that.

In short Fifa 13? Pfft, i cant be bothered any more.

"i hope they fix the offside bug" - they wont. In five years they have failed to fix the most basic of bugs.

The only good thing about this i see is the kinect voice control - even that will fail "Sub striker.. No striker, not the goalkeeper. No don't put Wilshire in goal... what the hell have you forfeited the game for!?" - another gimmick that EA are using to trick you all into handing over your money.

Dnero
  • Dnero

B4.DA.$$

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 17:01)
"i hope they fix the offside bug"

I never really know about that 'offside bug', anyone care to explain?

Anyways, FIFA 12 is already great and all, I just want 2 things to be fixed in 13. The goal keeper AI (seriously, work on that EA) and the player positioning, especially the defenders and maybe the attackers too.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:30 AM

One issue with 11 that's really starting to piss me off is that referee's never book players when they concede a penalty. I have seen plenty of last man challenges escape with no card and very rarely do I see a yellow. I can't remember actually ever seeing a red brandished.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (DneroJohnson @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 10:37)
QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 17:01)
"i hope they fix the offside bug"

I never really know about that 'offside bug', anyone care to explain?

Anyways, FIFA 12 is already great and all, I just want 2 things to be fixed in 13. The goal keeper AI (seriously, work on that EA) and the player positioning, especially the defenders and maybe the attackers too.

it doesnt really matter tbh. The games very poor at decision making. I'll upload to youtube and post in Y sometime the offside fail i had last night for example.

I also had the CPU make a 40 yard lofted backpass, the the keeper caught - that's a red card there. I also conceed so many penalties when the CPU shoots and just knocks my player
"That will be a goal kick... Its a penalty"

The game has so many flaws, so many bugs that it's amazing it's on the market. But it;s still a very good game - if EA actually put effort into the game and had some pride, listened to the fans, they would make the best sports game ever. But they simply cba.

Edit Dnero: CLICKY

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:46 AM

I wasn't aware you could be booked for a backpass. I thought it was just an indirect freekick in the box.

As for EA being lazy, that's hit the nail on the head. Where were the weekly updates we were promised before 11's release to stamp out bugs and glitches. I thnk there have been 2 or 3 updates in total and that's including the winter roster update. So frustrating that a few tweaks would make it an incredible game but EA lose interest as soon as they've got their money.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 11:46)
I wasn't aware you could be booked for a backpass. I thought it was just an indirect freekick in the box.

As for EA being lazy, that's hit the nail on the head. Where were the weekly updates we were promised before 11's release to stamp out bugs and glitches. I thnk there have been 2 or 3 updates in total and that's including the winter roster update. So frustrating that a few tweaks would make it an incredible game but EA lose interest as soon as they've got their money.

Unless i'm mistaken, a backpass to the GK, if the GK picks it up, it's a red car offense for deliberate handball. I could be wrong though. If the GK handles the ball outside of the box, it's a red card.

And indeed, It's all about money. I wish that every gamer would wake up and realise whats going on and refuse to buy it. I have actually reported EA to trading standards agencies but nothing became of it. They're too big a company to not get away with what the hell they feel like.

Dnero
  • Dnero

B4.DA.$$

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 18:42)
Edit Dnero: CLICKY

I never had that thing happening in all my history of playing FIFA wow.gif

S2580
  • S2580

You ain't a big shot. You ain't even a medium shot.

• Members

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:13 PM

If they just improved on what they have now I would be so happy.
The menu system needs work, if it wasn't as laggy and a bit easier to navigate it would be fine.
The same for career mode, if they could speed it up when going from one day to another, especially during transfer periods, it would make it much more accessible.
They just need better servers online, and tweak the physics a bit too so you don't get sent of for tackles you don't commit.

From what the announced, i really like the idea of giving us rewards in exchange for our xp, hope we can get a good few FUT coins with it.
But I do hope they don't force hand-ball on us this year, its such a useless feature imo, and one they said they are working on.

But overall, it looks like a solid update.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:02 PM

For rewards read unlocking stadiums and balls and boots with your xp or the current pro building system - the former was something they did right by omitting, 12 didn't lock any stadiums or anything like that, though hairstyles and boots shouldn't be locked. Instead your pro should get a wage and your have to buy them - you may have to save a week for them new powercats.

I really wouldn expect too much. Ea have ignored hundreds and hundreds of fans on their forum. They simply don't care at all

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE (S2580 @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 17:13)

Update, not solid game. These are features that really should have been updated to Fifa 12 free of charge. We shouldn't be expected to pay out 40 for simply a few new lines of code. The more I'm looking in to Fifa 13, the more I'm dissapointed.

S2580
  • S2580

You ain't a big shot. You ain't even a medium shot.

• Members

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 21:07)

Update, not solid game. These are features that really should have been updated to Fifa 12 free of charge. We shouldn't be expected to pay out 40 for simply a few new lines of code. The more I'm looking in to Fifa 13, the more I'm dissapointed.

yes, exactly, they're not even "killer" features, just simple improvements, the only reason i'm going to get 13 is because no-one will play online on 12 afterwards, which is such a shame. But, alas, I'll still buy it because I'm an idiot

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (S2580 @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 21:38)
QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 21:07)

yes, exactly, they're not even "killer" features, just simple improvements, the only reason i'm going to get 13 is because no-one will play online on 12 afterwards, which is such a shame. But, alas, I'll still buy it because I'm an idiot

I would say I'll do the same. I usually get FIFA for my birthday so I that's the case.... Otherwise I won't buy it at all

CorneliusCoffin
  • CorneliusCoffin

The Cof

• Members

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:16 PM

This will probably be the first FIFA in years I'm not going to buy, because even after a year of playing it, I don't feel like the new tactical defending feature was a good addition and resulted in randomness more often than it gave you more control over your defensive lines. Also, I'm kinda disspaointed with the improvements that are announced for this years version which really seem small, while there's definitely still a lot to do, especially in the single player modes.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:21 AM

Hmm, it didn't change that much from last year but oh well, i will still buy it as my precious PES has officially died 2 years ago

Chorup
  • Chorup

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:31 AM

The tightasses at EA need to introduce dedicated servers to FIFA. The degree of lag online when lining up against players abroad can be incredibly frustrating.

I didn't really maintain much interest in FIFA 12. In their efforts to improve the defending I think they made it far more difficult. They need to bring in something new without necessarily overhauling the gameplay every year.

4 Bagger
  • 4 Bagger

Malapropos

• Members

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

I think the career mode needs to be improved. I've played 2 career modes on FIFA 12 as Manchester United and these were who got relegated and who finished in the top 4:

1st Career mode
1. Manchester United
2. Swansea
3. Everton
4. Sunderland

18. Liverpool
19. Arsenal
20. Aston Villa

2nd Career mode
1. Manchester United
2. Fulham
3. Chelsea
4. Sunderland

18. Tottenham
19. Everton
20. Norwich

The teams who came in the top 4 and the teams that were relegated were far from realistic. Needs to be "fixed" in FIFA 13.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:30 PM

Annual Rehashes are terrible in my eyes.
They laugh it off as saying 'we want to slightly tweak every year to see what works best'
Bullsh*t.
If they really meant that then they would do it in the form of updates.
Not milking their franchise which will soon run dry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users