Quantcast

Jump to content

» «
Photo

PC friendly game controller?

1 reply to this topic
TreyCrll
  • TreyCrll

    Forum Surfer

  • Members
  • Joined: 26 Jan 2009

#1

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:49 PM Edited by TreyCrll, 08 May 2012 - 06:34 PM.

Hey guys,
I have a windows 7 Dell Inspiron mini that meets most spec requirements for gaming, but I can't get used to using they keyboard for controls after years on console gaming and my question to you guys is:
Is there a USB-ported controller (similar to an xbox controller, but one that can be configured to a PC) that I could configure to play MMOs? I just like the feel of the controller more than the key board, know what I'm sayin'? Anyway I would love to hear some suggestions, it doesn't have to be anything fancy, just something easy to set up with joysticks and a few action buttons...

Lol sorry bout that, I just noticed which section I posted in, could a mod plz move this out of the III section?

Maxaxle
  • Maxaxle

    Used Car Acquisition Technician

  • Members
  • Joined: 20 Dec 2010

#2

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:24 AM Edited by Maxaxle, 13 June 2012 - 03:30 AM.

UberCheap: Just look for a PS1 controller with a USB connector. Price: <$10.
Cheap: Logitech Dual Action. PS2 controller without vibration motors. Price: <$20 used, ~$20 new. Advantage over PS1 controller: Two joysticks!
Decent: Logitech F310. PS3 controller with more lively triggers, buttons color-coded like on an Xbox 360 controller, a switch on the back to toggle between DirectInput (works on 90% of all games; turns the triggers into digital buttons) and XInput (works on the remaining 10%), and no vibration motors.* Price: $25. Advantage over Dual Action: Analog triggers when in DirectInput mode; an unbindable button reserved for opening GFWL.
A Bit Expensive: Anything Logitech that looks like a PS3 controller (analog triggers) and a vibration motor (weighs down the controller btw). Most likely wireless, and you pay for that in batteries. Probably has the toggle switch mentioned earlier. Price: ~$50. Advantage over F310: Vibration motors; wireless.

*It's worth mentioning that GTA3 era games will accept either input, but the triggers are useless in XInput and button numbering changes slightly (A and X buttons swap). GTA IV and EFLC will accept either input (assuming you set "Accept DirectInput" to "Yes" in the control menu), but the triggers will be treated as digital buttons in DirectInput mode.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users