» «
Photo

GTAForums Top 100 Films - The List

22 replies to this topic
Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:26 PM Edited by Indi, 22 September 2012 - 12:11 PM.

Winners so far:
Jurassic Park
Ikiru
North by Northwest
Back to the Future
Full Metal Jacket
5 Centimetres Per Second
Casablanca
The Godfather
Once Upon a Time in the West
Fight Club
City of God
Brazil
Pulp Fiction
Citizen Kane
The Assassination of Richard Nixon
I Saw The Devil
Voyage Dans La Lune
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
Schindler's List
The Dark Knight
Reservoir Dogs
Alien
Ghost in the Shell
Dead Poets Society
Old Boy
The Graduate
The Godfather Part II
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
The Big Lebowski
Watchmen
Zodiac
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
The Shawshank Redemption
Heat

Losers so far:
Interstate 60
Black Swan
Chinatown
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Indiana Jones: The Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Artist
Aliens
Boyz N The Hood
The Wind that Shakes the Barley
Starship Troopers
Frost/Nixon
Akira
Léon
Dances With Wolves
The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad!
Robinson Cruesoe on Mars
The Room
SUPER
The Wrestler
Gladiator
Dazed and Confused
Office Space
District 13: The Ultimatum
There Will Be Blood
Mesrine
Stray Dog
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Scott Pilgrim VS. The World
The Matrix
Garden State
Layer Cake
Kick-Ass
JFK
The Kid
Training Day
  • Ramyhyday likes this

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

Damn it feels good to be gangsta

• Zaibatsu

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:23 PM

This can't be final the final word.

You should of place all films off in heats and then kept playing them off agasint each other that way, whilst not every film would be paired, it would still be quite fair. This way (if these are set postions) Just meant who ever lost in the first round were automatically last which makes no sense.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (DeeperRed @ Monday, May 7 2012, 22:23)

You should of place all films off in heats and then kept playing them off agasint each other that way, whilst not every film would be paired, it would still be quite fair. This way (if these are set postions) Just meant who ever lost in the first round were automatically last which makes no sense.

So like Chinatown vs. Black Swan? Etcetera.

I guess I could do that.

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

• Zaibatsu

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (Indi @ Monday, May 7 2012, 21:25)

I guess I could do that.

No, the only proper way to do it would be to take all the losers from each round, put them in a list and generate some more rounds. Then the losers from that compete and then so forth while on the other way its going with the winners. Its alot of pair ups but its the easiest way to make it fair.

Right now the order they are currently in, for losing films, is soley to do with when they appeared which isn't exactly going to represent our true feelings.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

Yeah I'll do that.

When this round is over (round 2), then I'll do what you said.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (DeeperRed @ Monday, May 7 2012, 13:34)

I guess I could do that.

No, the only proper way to do it would be to take all the losers from each round, put them in a list and generate some more rounds. Then the losers from that compete and then so forth while on the other way its going with the winners. Its alot of pair ups but its the easiest way to make it fair.

Right now the order they are currently in, for losing films, is soley to do with when they appeared which isn't exactly going to represent our true feelings.

Especially when the first "top fifty" are chosen - the bottom fifty will be in no order whatsoever.
But - is that a problem? Should we be concerned with ranking anything but, say, the top twenty?

I'll let you eggheads figure it out. tounge.gif

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

• Zaibatsu

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Monday, May 7 2012, 22:07)
But - is that a problem? Should we be concerned with ranking anything but, say, the top twenty?

I'll let you eggheads figure it out. tounge.gif

With these ways you will be able to tell fairly that if a film is higher then 4 films away from another (It must of lost to one of those 4 films, which subsequently the film you comparing it should of beat one of them, or at least I am high enough to think that will work) so I think what is interesting aswell with what films beat some others. Say how highly do we put a film such as American History X which I personally find a great film but I can understand why others do not enjoy it.

But yes the top twenty defiantly is going to be the highlight. I just hope, for the sake of discussion some controversial snags the top spot.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (DeeperRed @ Monday, May 7 2012, 14:23)
But yes the top twenty defiantly is going to be the highlight. I just hope, for the sake of discussion some controversial snags the top spot.

Ooh, me too.

It'd be fun if we included a wildcard round before the final - bring back, say, three completely random eliminated films to see how they fare at the top tier.

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

oh sh*t there's a horse in the hospital

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:01 PM

Perhaps with spots 50-100 (or top 80 in this case?), there can just be a free for all discussion on which ones are better than others, and even incorporate a poll to expedite the process. Just because Chinatown had a hard fought loss against Casablanca, doesn't mean it deserves to be ranked #97 out of 100 biggrin.gif

Marlowe.
  • Marlowe.

I Still Jerk-off Manually

• Members

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:17 AM

QUOTE (TheCacti @ Tuesday, May 8 2012, 09:01)
Perhaps with spots 50-100 (or top 80 in this case?), there can just be a free for all discussion on which ones are better than others, and even incorporate a poll to expedite the process. Just because Chinatown had a hard fought loss against Casablanca, doesn't mean it deserves to be ranked #97 out of 100 biggrin.gif

I like this idea. But - I'm confused about how heats would work when we get to 25. That would leave an odd film out, yes? Exactly how do we cut down to an even 20?

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

lol at last make it fair. Chinatown would walk away with one.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:27 PM

we can't just leave the lost movies there otherwise its going to be seriously disjointed. A top ten movie could have gone up against another fantastic movie but they were put together in round 1 so that means one of them gets to be 94th.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

I think we should made it like this: after all rounds of voting we'll get two 50s, one of winners and second or losers. Then we should make "semi-finals" and compare all the winners and all the losers. After that we'll get four 25s (winners-winners, losers-winners, winners-losers, and losers-losers). It would definitely take more time, but we would get more fair contest for the movies. What do you think?

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

• Zaibatsu

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Tuesday, May 8 2012, 21:39)
I think we should made it like this: after all rounds of voting we'll get two 50s, one of winners and second or losers. Then we should make "semi-finals" and compare all the winners and all the losers. After that we'll get four 25s (winners-winners, losers-winners, winners-losers, and losers-losers). It would definitely take more time, but we would get more fair contest for the movies. What do you think?

Thats exactly what i was thinking. Its the fastest way to give a somewhat decent representation of our collective opinions.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Tuesday, May 8 2012, 22:39)

Agreed.

This shall be done.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:46 PM Edited by bud23, 20 May 2012 - 09:48 PM.

ikiro and 5 Centimetres Per Second winners? suicidal.gif a masterpiece of entertainment as Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels not? icon13.gif What´s wrong here?

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (bud23 @ Monday, May 21 2012, 10:46)
a masterpiece of entertainment as Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels not? icon13.gif What´s wrong here?

Lock Stock got put against The Godfather in Round 1, unlucky I guess.

ShaneHunter
  • ShaneHunter

The Boss

• Members

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:16 AM

There Will Be Blood deserved a top spot
  • ASIAN LAWYER likes this

CommonSeb
  • CommonSeb

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:07 AM Edited by CommonSeb, 23 July 2012 - 01:10 AM.

Lets see....

BUT WHAT ABOUT BRAVEHEART ?

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

I'll be starting this back up soon again.

Just need to get some things sorted.

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

2001: A Space Oydessy
Forrest Gump

maxoS
  • maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:00 PM

Gladiator? Black Swan? Movies they're epic... but loosers? Can't be.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:09 PM

I'm restarting this at the moment, if you wanna nominate more movies post here and follow the template please:
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=506585

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users