Quantcast

» «
Photo

Dwayne or Playboy?

88 replies to this topic

Poll: Did you kill Dwayne or Playboy? (361 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you kill Dwayne or Playboy?

1. Dwayne Forge (30 votes [8.82%])

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

2. Playboy X (310 votes [91.18%])

Percentage of vote: 91.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote
redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

When I first played GTA IV I killed Dwayne cause I always go for the money first and I also forgot to save it. I thought that after killing Dwayne maybe Playboy would give me more work cause HE DID PAY GOOD. I was wrong and he just threw me aside. Then I played it again and it felt good to kill Playboy X. He betrayed me and the benefits I get from killing Playboy are way better then the money you can't buy anything with. You get a new safe house, GTA III outfit, and backup ( Isn't really that good ). That is way better then 25,000 you get from Playboy X.

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

I was listening to audio clips from the game and found a conversation I don't remember hearing before. It's a phone call that takes place after Playboy cuts off all ties with Niko for killing Dwayne.
Playboy: Did it hurt? Tell me it didn't hurt him!
Niko: Playboy? I thought you didn't want to talk to me no more. "Too cold hearted."
Playboy: You popped him man! He raised me! Show me everything a kid needed to see! Just tell me it didn't hurt him none!
Niko: I can't tell you what happens when it ends, friend. I can tell you that we'll all find out at some point though.
Playboy: There ain't no bringing back those you love. That's the truth, money. No matter how powerful you are.
Playboy: I own this city, player. I can look at anyone in this town and they gonna kill for me.
Playboy: But word is born, none of them bitches can bring back my man Dwayne.
Niko: You should have known that when you asked me to kill him. I'm hanging up now, Playboy. Goodbye.

I haven't played through a save where I kill Dwayne for awhile now, so I may have just forgotten listening to it. Has anyone heard this in-game before?

Dollarhide
  • Dollarhide

Original Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

I have killed them both in different playthroughs. I liked shooting Dwayne more though, because he was a low life and I had no sympathy for him. Playboy was going somewhere in life and wasn't stuck in the past.

Jool
  • Jool

Mayor of Uptown Algonquin

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:33 PM

Got rid of Playboy, I liked him at first, but Dwayne's too cool, probably my favourite character on IV.

Druffmaul
  • Druffmaul

Dan Is The Bastard

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (asitsaysinthebook @ Wednesday, Apr 10 2013, 11:46)
At first i killed Playboy, he was a pain. Annoying, self centered, all that.
Dwayne's a mopey man, and that's annoying too, but at least he has heart.

If you go on enough play dates with Dwayne, eventually Niko gets fed up and tells him to stop being such a mopey bitch.

Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

Invisible....

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:54 AM Edited by Valenta, 28 June 2013 - 04:12 PM.

Playboy X. What's $25,000 compared to Claude Speed's outfit, a penthouse, a parking spot, a yellow Patriot and friendship with Dwanye along with his backup ability?
It was a no-brainer.

austinkopeck
  • austinkopeck

Meth Cook

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:14 AM

I killed Playboy. I liked Dwayne, and I didn't need $25000. Plus, the penthouse, Claude outfit, and parking spot with yellow Patriot is great.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:16 AM

I killed Playboy X the first time through and I couldn't have beeen more pleased. The rewards were good, but what was the most rewarding was knowing that PBX would never call again. Dwayne is a real friend, it's something Niko needed.

gta4_player
  • gta4_player

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:30 AM

I killed playboy x after reading this thread. But it would have been good if the rewards of killing Dwayne had been better. For example, 25,000$ + Playboy as friend and his special ability + Playboy's extra missions would have been way better and I would have chosen that. I liked Playboy's character... smile.gif

GameHacker666
  • GameHacker666

Player Hater

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

I killed Playboy X, because I wanted his house and Claude's outfit. Dwayne was also a more reliable friend for Niko!

mas negro
  • mas negro

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (GameHacker666 @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 14:31)
I killed Playboy X, because I wanted his house and Claude's outfit. Dwayne was also a more reliable friend for Niko!

But u didn't know this before.

SupraDork
  • SupraDork

Player Hater

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

I killed Playboy both playthroughs. Even though I'd like to put a bullet into Dwayne's self-pity and end it all for him, Playboy X annoys the f*ck out of me and I can't justify letting him live. Plus, the rewards are sweet.

GameHacker666
  • GameHacker666

Player Hater

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (mas negro @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 15:06)
QUOTE (GameHacker666 @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 14:31)

But u didn't know this before.

I have read the walkthrought, so I knew about the rewards. But even if I didn't, I would still kill Playboy X, because I didn't like him.

GtaNewsToday
  • GtaNewsToday

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:06 AM

Playboy was a f*cking douchebag, and plus he has a nice apartment.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

I killed Playboy X because the penthouse, the backup from Dwayne and the Claude outfit is better than that small amount of money that Playboy x gives.

Brock Elvis
  • Brock Elvis

-... .-. --- -.-. -.-/. .-.. ...- .. ...

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:30 PM

I've actually killed both Dwanye and Playboy X (in different saves). I suppose that killing Dwanye is actually worse, the poor bastard didn't even put up a f*cking fight; but Playboy X brought me more pleasure, it constantly pissed me for Niko to be refered to as 'Money' (the context he uses it as is for a minor version of 'slave'). Dwanye may have been a moaning bitch but Playboy X thought of himself to be like Niko's owner (I see what you did there, Rockstar; reversing how slavery was).

PerceptortheShootist
  • PerceptortheShootist

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:32 AM

Playboy X. You benefit from his murder substantially more than Dwayne's. Oh, and Playboy totally had it coming to him anyways.

ASIAN LAWYER
  • ASIAN LAWYER

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:21 PM

the first time i let playboy live.
i was pretty disappointed by the result. they made it so you have to exclusively kill playboy x to get the most out of it. subtracts the choices weight if you ask me.

GTAnian
  • GTAnian

Rat

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:19 PM

I killed Playboy X because you get his house and you also get Dwayne as a friend.
Although I did kill Dwayne in another save.

gsfcrew
  • gsfcrew

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:05 AM

i killed playboy the first time.
i never got 100% with dwayne neither did i realize he offered protection

plus playboy never makes any kills in the mission with him and johnny

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:17 AM

I can never kill Dwayne however many times I play the story, I just feel so sorry for him and his situation.

plus i'm a greedy ass and I always want playboys house lol.gif

Hiding_Person
  • Hiding_Person

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:32 AM

I killed Playboy X. Well, the second time. The first i killed Dwayne, but I felt so much regret, I reloaded my save and killed playboy x. confused.gif

TonyMontanaCDL
  • TonyMontanaCDL

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:04 PM

Dwayne was one of the few likable characters in the game. This choice shouldn't even been possible. Playboy is a stereotypical black gangster character that offended me more than it got on my nerves.

Raspy
  • Raspy

Driver

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:26 AM

I killed X out of principle. He was cool to begin with but he showed his true colours. Dwayne's annoying as F but you can play GTA with morals. 

GTA5Helper
  • GTA5Helper

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

Who'd you kill? Why did you kill said person? You can state because, of the house for Playboy but, please not just that.

Kill playboy because you allready probably have 100 digits in cash and there in no need for more money- and playbox x's apartmentis alot more stylish than romans apartment in hove beach that has been burnt down 50 times. Plus you get protection from dwayne of you spare him

LoneWolfMargaret
  • LoneWolfMargaret

Gamer, Artist, Lone Wolf.

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

I've killed Playboy on every single playthrough of IV I've done and will continue to do so. Playboy's a twat. Dwayne may be a miserable bastard but at least he's loyal to Niko. Plus I can't turn down Playboy's pad and that Claude Speed outift.

Infinityfq
  • Infinityfq

Career Criminal

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

Felt bad enough for D and X was a douchebag anyway + I got the mansion and Claude's clothing.

Game_Music_Collector
  • Game_Music_Collector

GTA 4 Lover

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:36 PM

i vote playboy x, i feel bad at killing dwayne, and i hate playboy x thought. 

nobum62
  • nobum62

some guy who just got into the santa hat fad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

i choose to kill playboy because if you kill dwayne, playboy just gives you money and ditches you. but if you kill playboy, you get to have his mansion and a new outfit, and dwayne becomes your friend. he can even give you bodyguards

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users