Quantcast

» «
Photo

Dwayne or Playboy?

88 replies to this topic

Poll: Did you kill Dwayne or Playboy? (361 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you kill Dwayne or Playboy?

1. Dwayne Forge (30 votes [8.82%])

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

2. Playboy X (310 votes [91.18%])

Percentage of vote: 91.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote
MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

Livin' It Up At The Hotel California

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:32 PM

Who'd you kill? Why did you kill said person? You can state because, of the house for Playboy but, please not just that.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:05 PM

Playboy X because you can get his mansion which has Claude Speed from GTA III's clothes.Plus he gets really annoying in parts of the storyline.Dwayne gives you protection if you have 100% with him.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

I hope you'd use some spoiler tags, so as not spoil things of course.

Metzger
  • Metzger

Robber

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:31 PM

I choose to kill Playboy X, because I feel sympathy to Dwayne due to his rough life (in his childhood he was battered by his own dad, he wanted to be a cop but life didn't turned too well for him and he become a criminal, people has turned their backs on him when he was in prison, including his girlfriend and, what has hurt him the most, his own protege, who was for him almost like his own son - Playboy X), and I didn't wanted to be another person, who backstabs him. It would be the same, as kicking someone who is already lying on the ground.

Speaking about Playboy's penthouse and a backup that Dwayne can offer you if he likes you enough, I found about it after everything was over. And seriously, if I had an option to give this penthouse back to Dwayne, then I wouldn't hesitate.

Also, I was curious what would happen, if I would kill Dwayne instead of Playboy X and well, let's just say that for me, Playboy is a damn hypocrite.

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Monday, May 7 2012, 11:10)

I may sound noobish (and I am pretty new) how do I do that?

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

someone spoiled me the outcome of this choise before playing, so... bye bye playboy x

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (Metzger @ Monday, May 7 2012, 11:31)
I choose to kill Playboy X, because I feel sympathy to Dwayne due to his rough life (in his childhood he was battered by his own dad, he wanted to be a cop but life didn't turned too well for him and he become a criminal, people has turned their backs on him when he was in prison, including his girlfriend and, what has hurt him the most, his own protege, who was for him almost like his own son - Playboy X), and I didn't wanted to be another person, who backstabs him. It would be the same, as kicking someone who is already lying on the ground.

Speaking about Playboy's penthouse and a backup that Dwayne can offer you if he likes you enough, I found about it after everything was over. And seriously, if I had an option to give this penthouse back to Dwayne, then I wouldn't hesitate.

Also, I was curious what would happen, if I would kill Dwayne instead of Playboy X and well, let's just say that for me, Playboy is a damn hypocrite.

Yeah, and you can't hang out with Playboy if you kill Dwayne anyway. I felt sympathy for Dwayne as well. He is one of my favorite characters (not just in IV).

GTASAIDEAMASTER
  • GTASAIDEAMASTER

Made in china.

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

I can honestly say,Dwayne is the friend Niko understands the most,and you can see it's canon that Niko would kill Playboy.He helps Dwayne without being paid just to help him.Besides,they are both being chased by the past and they both had rough times.

In the advantages,I find it better to win claude's outfit(my favorite protag) and the penthouse than 20000$.We can't buy houses,what would I use that for?Also,Dwayne is a really interesting guy once you start being friends with him,and he provides backup for you,which saved my ass a couple of times.

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (MikeMyth @ Monday, May 7 2012, 22:42)

Using the spoiler tags. This text is hidden. - Place mouse over black field to make the text appear. Here are the codes:

CODE
[spoiler]This text is hidden.[/spoiler]

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

• Members

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Monday, May 7 2012, 13:10)
QUOTE (MikeMyth @ Monday, May 7 2012, 22:42)

Using the spoiler tags. This text is hidden. - Place mouse over black field to make the text appear. Here are the codes:

CODE
[spoiler]This text is hidden.[/spoiler]

Thanks.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:59 AM

Damn. I didn't realise this was a poll about who you killed, I thought it was about who you liked. confused.gif

I should have voted Playboy, he was a fake arrogant and useless bitch. Dwayne was cool, been through prison and had alot of wisdom, sure he was depressing but at least he wasn't using you.

GTASAIDEAMASTER
  • GTASAIDEAMASTER

Made in china.

• Members

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

I did the same mistake.People,just consider 0 votes for dwayne.Both me and the above poster mistakenly clicked it.

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

• Members

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:57 PM

Sorry, I didn't wanna give it away before you clicked it. Sorry guys!

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:22 AM

I have killed both because I have played through the game multiple times! Although, I have killed Playboy more though.

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

I had no idea about the benefits Niko would get if he offed Playboy instead of Dwayne. That said, I didn't even have to debate who I killed, went straight the Playboy'd and offed the greasy rat-f*ck hypocritical sunovabitch. The moment he asked Niko to take Dwayne out (with whom I felt a lot of sympathy for) I was hoping that there was some way Playboy would come to a sticky end...and then the X or D choice appeared on the little radar. I really, really, really despise these gangsta rappa muthaf*cka types . die.gif

GroveStRoamer
  • GroveStRoamer

#FACT

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Monday, May 7 2012, 19:05)
Playboy X because you can get his mansion which has Claude Speed from GTA III's clothes.Plus he gets really annoying in parts of the storyline.Dwayne gives you protection if you have 100% with him.

Mansion?? hahahah more like a room

anyways I picked playboy for the extra safehouse and Dwyane is a good friend.

theanonymous21
  • theanonymous21

One Super GTA Badass

• Members

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:24 AM

I really chose Playboy cause, not only you get his penthouse but not a really good friend.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:59 AM

I killed PBX, but only because someone told me you get his penthouse if you do, and I didn't need the money at the time.

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:30 AM

Well, the title of the topic is already a spoiler. A half-spoiler, I'd say.

But I killed Playboy X in my first time playing the game - and that's what counts, because the others are just to see what happens when you do what you didn't wanted to do.
I wanted his house and never liked him. Dwayne was not cool at all, but he was like an older brother for Playboy X and then X wanted him dead because of bullsh*t. But if I could I'd have killed both.

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (Eagles @ Monday, May 14 2012, 01:30)

....my first time playing the game - and that's what counts,

Good point.

I remember the very first time I started the mission "DECONSTRUCTION FOR BEGINNERS".
Right before I haven't paid attention or didn't take it for some relevant info that DWAYNE FORGE is in jail and might (not) come out.
PLAYBOY X mentions this in the getaway drive in "BLOW YOUR COVER".

Well, when I started "Deconstruction..." and Dwayne appears, I didn't like him from the start. He seemed kind of rude. Until then, I didn't take Playboy X for the bullsh*tter he is.
I was shooting and escaping the police with him before.

But then everything started to reveal. Playboy sends you to Dwayne, who explains his situation for Niko.
The whole "RUFF RIDER" mission made everything clear.
Dwayne and Niko are somewhat soulmates, experienced pain here and there, complain about it, moan about how they don't care anymore but somehow, they both still do care.
I killed Playboy X.

I didn't know about the apartment, nor the Claude outfit.
Nowadays these things are even more reasons to kill him.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:01 AM

both, but have been choosing playboy eventually on all gta IV installations for the reasons others listed above. Dwayne's homies came in real handy during the "three leaf clover" mission. but this thread hasn't been created before? i am kind of shocked... anyway.

Jossh31
  • Jossh31

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

I killed playboy because i just didnt like him... But you also get a pretty cool house. smile.gif Do you get anything for killing Dwayne?

UnderTaker1973
  • UnderTaker1973

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

Playboy X. The guy was a wanna be and he got on my nerves. Dewayne is a much more tolerable guy to hang with.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

I killed Playboy because you can get a Desert Eagle, when you kill him, way before it's available at the gun shops. Also, how to not like the Claude's outfit?

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

• Members

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:58 PM

If you kill Dwayne You get $20,000 I believe.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Tuesday, May 22 2012, 13:08)
I killed Playboy because you can get a Desert Eagle, when you kill him, way before it's available at the gun shops. Also, how to not like the Claude's outfit?

How do you get the Desert Eagle from Killing Playboy? Cause I passed this mission by killing him several times on PS3 AND a few times on PC, and have never gotton a desert eagle from it-ONLY Playboy's house, the Claude outfit, and Dwayne as a friend...Just curious and confused there? confused.gif

But, this is the best option too, as it allows you to get a safehouse in Algonquin WAY before you get the one in Central Park area(which means no more having to go all the way back to Bohan to save/visit a save house again..) Plus, this is better, as the safe house would be worth way more than the measly $20,000 you would have got from killing Dwayne and Dwaynes' goons would be good for some missions/mayhem...and you get an extra set of clothes(from GTA III on top of that tounge2.gif )...

uramet
  • uramet

Opportunist Theif

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:16 PM

when you head on to the street Playboy will run while some goon fires at you, when you corner playboy he should fire at you with a desert eagle gun which he'll drop when killed. It's possible you killed him before he drew the gun, also you have to actually pick the gun up or 'interchange' whatever they call it while standing over it.

dansgas1000
  • dansgas1000

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:11 PM

I killed Playboy X as he was an annoying sh!te and i felt sorry for dwayne.

SarahAndrea Royce
  • SarahAndrea Royce

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:46 AM

I did choose Playboy unspoilered, too. So that apartment came as a real surprise from me. Than I was curious what happens the other way around and looked it up in a walkthrough on youtube. If I had any doubts left about my decision, they were gone after that.

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:25 AM Edited by junkpile, 14 June 2012 - 09:28 AM.

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Tuesday, May 22 2012, 18:08)

How do you get the Desert Eagle from Killing Playboy?

The Desert Eagle is avaible right from the beginning of the game.
There are a few spawn points in the game.
And after "Do you have protection?" your gun won't get replaced anymore.
There are some missions where Jacob or in the case of the mission mentioned above Dimitri gives yoou a Glock.

Anyway, if you rather shoot the Desert Eagle, there are two spawn points you cannot miss:

1st: In Bohan, there is this part of the unfinished bridge, past the Burger Shot. There are two stunt jumps.
Just jump onto the first platform and hit the brakes. Exit your vehicle and you will find a Desert Eagle on this platform. In need of ammunition? Just kill a few guys with Glocks or visit Glock spawn points, your ammunition will fill up.

2nd: On Charge Island, right where Packie and Niko kill the last guy(s) who threw away the diamonds. On this silo, there's a Desert Eagle.

Both of these spawn points are available form the very beginning of the game. Just be aware that your gun will get replaced in certain missions in the beginning.

Another way to get Desert Eagle:

point a gun at the owner in the gun shop in Broker. He will pull a Desert Eagle, disarm him with the bat or shoot him. Then you can get his gun. Eventually some of his thugs will appear to help him, but won't appear if you're fast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users