Quantcast

» «
Photo

How can the desert be improved from e.g GTA SA?

169 replies to this topic
Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:54 AM

Well the whole area's kind desert-y anyways. Real life L.A. is quite near to dryness and barren hills. There's forest and stuff in SoCal as well of course, I mean there's a lot of variety. But it is all quite hot and, away from the ocean, quite dry. I don't quite to expect RDR-style desert, though, at least not areas like those in Nuevo Paraíso. But there will be desert.

HoboDealer
  • HoboDealer

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (simonp92 @ Thursday, Oct 18 2012, 07:40)
QUOTE (HoboDealer @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 21:25)
QUOTE (simonp92 @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 21:12)
QUOTE (HoboDealer @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 21:06)
Liquor stores! Probably been posted but who cares eh?

SNIP

I also hope there's some badass hideout lie Verdant Meadows Airstrip in San Andreas biggrin.gif

I don't get it. How can you see that's a desert half the pic is the liquor store, the other can't really be seen. For all we know the ground could be covered in concrete, not sand.

True there's no real way of proving it but c'mon isn't it obvious?

I'm no geologist but that mountain looks awfully desert-like and I ain't no ecologist neither but you don't get vegetation like that in Red County boy! The background looks really empty like a desert, it would take a lot of concrete to pave over all of that! Plus if you look really close there's also a dusty background just beyond the shrubbery. Would be pretty stupid if it was just a 'fake' desert in the middle of Los Santos.

I don't see it. And a dersert-like mountain? It's so damn far away it could be an ice berg for all I know.

Ahahaha tounge.gif well for your sake I guess we'll just have to wait for more footage or screens!

GtaVComments
  • GtaVComments

MUFC Champions 2012/13!!!

• Members

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (HoboDealer @ Thursday, Oct 18 2012, 15:51)

SNIP

I also hope there's some badass hideout lie Verdant Meadows Airstrip in San Andreas biggrin.gif

I don't get it. How can you see that's a desert half the pic is the liquor store, the other can't really be seen. For all we know the ground could be covered in concrete, not sand.

I'm no geologist but that mountain looks awfully desert-like and I ain't no ecologist neither but you don't get vegetation like that in Red County boy! The background looks really empty like a desert, it would take a lot of concrete to pave over all of that! Plus if you look really close there's also a dusty background just beyond the shrubbery. Would be pretty stupid if it was just a 'fake' desert in the middle of Los Santos.

I don't see it. And a dersert-like mountain? It's so damn far away it could be an ice berg for all I know.

Ahahaha tounge.gif well for your sake I guess we'll just have to wait for more footage or screens!

I don't think R* will deliberately show desert, if it's there. I can see it as a surprise element.

Rockstars lucky seven
  • Rockstars lucky seven

f*ck you BigJacob. Hello ZEE

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

... why must

SmileyHam
  • SmileyHam

Peon

• Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:20 AM

Off-road racing. Pls now.

rickyboy123
  • rickyboy123

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

law enforcement to be more realistic, like if you murder someone, it takes longer for police to receive a 911 call and arrive at the desert, and local sheriffs n such come for you, infact, another point, if you kill someone in general or commit a crime with no witnesses and no other way for the cops to find out it was you then you dont become a suspect, as the old saying goes, if a tree in the forest falls and nobody is around to hear it does it make a sound

HoboDealer
  • HoboDealer

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (GtaVComments @ Thursday, Oct 18 2012, 16:07)
QUOTE (HoboDealer @ Thursday, Oct 18 2012, 15:51)

SNIP

I don't think R* will deliberately show desert, if it's there. I can see it as a surprise element.

Yeah that would be great, a whole area we barely know anything about. I think we'll see the mountainous/forestry environment gradually shift into the desert area which will border part of the map. Mount Chilliad being in the forestry part, wind turbines in part of the transitional area and the liquor store in the heart of a desert highway. But at least we know it's there, the liquor scene was enough evidence for me.

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (rickyboy123 @ Thursday, Oct 18 2012, 21:44)
law enforcement to be more realistic, like if you murder someone, it takes longer for police to receive a 911 call and arrive at the desert, and local sheriffs n such come for you, infact, another point, if you kill someone in general or commit a crime with no witnesses and no other way for the cops to find out it was you then you dont become a suspect, as the old saying goes, if a tree in the forest falls and nobody is around to hear it does it make a sound

I bet you will still get a single star for shooting a gun way out in the middle of nowhere and a police rancher will spawn somehow.

Also, I doubt that liquor store is even enterable.

GtaVComments
  • GtaVComments

• Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (Zee @ Friday, Oct 19 2012, 17:18)

I bet you will still get a single star for shooting a gun way out in the middle of nowhere and a police rancher will spawn somehow.

Hopefully you won't attain 1 star.

As for the liquor store, it may just be me but it looks enterable. Looking at the door, it doesn't look like a picture of what's inside, as you'd see a lot in IV's buildings.

XxcamptechxX
  • XxcamptechxX

Bold New Erection

• Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

Snakes smile.gif

XxcamptechxX
  • XxcamptechxX

Bold New Erection

• Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (Zee @ Friday, Oct 19 2012, 16:18)

Im sorry but your videos you have there are gay as hell man. You think R* gives a f*ck about you lol

D.Dodge
  • D.Dodge

Peon

• Members

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:23 AM

http://cruznwithsusa.../Scenery-02.jpg

HoboDealer
  • HoboDealer

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:45 AM Edited by HoboDealer, 20 October 2012 - 10:54 AM.

EDIT: Sweeet

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

two words.

Dune.

Buggy.

srsly they better bring back the bandito. if they have realistic sand physics oh my.

other than that, have noticable heat effects. like if you're walking in the desert for too long you get dizzy and your character sweats more.

HoboDealer
  • HoboDealer

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE (zeppelincheetah @ Saturday, Oct 20 2012, 10:51)
two words.

Dune.

Buggy.

srsly they better bring back the bandito. if they have realistic sand physics oh my.

other than that, have noticable heat effects. like if you're walking in the desert for too long you get dizzy and your character sweats more.

I second this, the Bandito is the best vehicle in any GTA game. The roar of that engine was phenomenal! Closesly followed by the Sand King tounge.gif

user posted image user posted image

GtaVComments
  • GtaVComments

• Members

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (HoboDealer @ Saturday, Oct 20 2012, 11:59)
QUOTE (zeppelincheetah @ Saturday, Oct 20 2012, 10:51)
two words.

Dune.

Buggy.

srsly they better bring back the bandito.  if they have realistic sand physics oh my. 

other than that, have noticable heat effects.  like if you're walking in the desert for too long you get dizzy and your character sweats more.

I second this, the Bandito is the best vehicle in any GTA game. The roar of that engine was phenomenal! Closesly followed by the Sand King tounge.gif

user posted image user posted image

Is it just me, or are your pics un-seeable

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

Yeah i cant wait for driving a Dune Buggy. Especially with the dust flying up behind the car as we seen in the trailer (windmill shot).

GtaVComments
  • GtaVComments

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

Hopefully this puts the ''How do we even know there's desert'' question to bed!?

user posted image

DarrenC1888
  • DarrenC1888

Celtic FC Manchester United Champions!

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (GtaVComments @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 14:18)
Hopefully this puts the ''How do we even know there's desert'' question to bed!?

user posted image

icon14.gif

Rixion
  • Rixion

jenna mcdougall<3

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:28 AM

- Gas station and motel.
- Oasis
- Resort town
- Hillbilly town
- Gypsy park