Quantcast

» «
Photo

How can the desert be improved from e.g GTA SA?

169 replies to this topic
dimitrispgr
  • dimitrispgr

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (Freezer89 @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 07:51)
QUOTE (dimitrispgr @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 08:08)
Is there any desert near LA?

I dont think there will be one...

And i dont want one to be true.

Meaningless space that can be used for mountain or forest areas instead....

On the other hand where is going to be the second airport?

Dont know, cant wait to see.......

It must have been a long time ago since you saw the trailer.. remember the scene with a muscle car and two or more hookers and the liquid-bar? In the back there is a desert. Or at least sort of a desert. With this pyramid thing on the left.

I like deserts.. but they better be not that empty. It could be like the infinite ocean though.. endless generated terrain with an endless road.

Ghost towns could be there.. or even a Fata Morgana, lol.

The pyramid is a mountain smile.gif

And no desert there...

Probably a small county.

Anyway if there is desert R* will make it worth so wait and see

bowling...?
  • bowling...?

Turkey

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (zalanith @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 07:24)
QUOTE (rampage08 @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 07:14)
QUOTE (zalanith @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 06:56)
have u guys see the lastest fake gameplay - take on desert place.

probably provide a little clue , even if it is FAKE gameplay.

the latest ? you mean the one driving by the desert and then flying with a helicopter ? how could it provide a little clue when it's a fake gameplay ? mercie_blink.gif

probably not the same as gta v , but it show a little clue (how will it look to drive in desert area - sandy , bumpy , less grip. what it look like around desert area - surround by ... repetitive props and worst buildings)

i really think this fake gameplay help - because it trying to imitate GRAND THEFT AUTO style . yes it is fake ! gta v probably do better

All those videos are animations, not gameplay. It had a lot of people fooled until the character got out of the car and jogged to the helicopter. Also i saw no polygons.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

There is no way R* will let any of the large expanses feel as barren as San Andreas. Firstly, the floor foliage & terrain will be even more varied than RDR, so each vehicle will be interesting to try out 'off-road'. Second thing will be random events from coming across hikers (in the trailer), off road motor/cyclists, people fishing by lakes/rivers. The possibilities are endless. Third would be wildlife, which would really make world outside the city/cities feel alive & authentic. Just imagine RDR without the wildlife & how much it could potentially add to GTA V.

GtaVComments
  • GtaVComments

MUFC Champions 2012/13!!!

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (Choco Taco @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 02:10)
All the way to Venturas...

user posted image

That would be amazing.

So simple, yet exciting. inlove.gif

Bertholo
  • Bertholo

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (GtaVComments @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 15:10)
QUOTE (Choco Taco @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 02:10)
All the way to Venturas...

user posted image

That would be amazing.

So simple, yet exciting. inlove.gif

it'd be stunning

GtaVComments
  • GtaVComments

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (CodeFail @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 04:57)
QUOTE (Zee @ Tuesday, Oct 16 2012, 22:55)
QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Tuesday, Oct 16 2012, 21:11)
The desert isn't a carnival filled with a ton of fun things, it's sand and maybe a ghost town here and there. If people want such realism as IV, then they need to accept the fact that the desert in GTA SA and possibly in GTA V will be desolate with long streches of empty roads.

Oh wow. That sounds so exciting and fun. Hopefully there will be euphoria Tumbleweeds. dozingoff.gif

sounds like a waste of the map, the deserts useless.

Yeah, it is useless. Thats why the question is how can it be improved?

CalgaryJay
  • CalgaryJay

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (Rauland @ Monday, May 7 2012, 01:29)
I'm expecting the desert to look and play like RDR, maybe won't look as good but definitely will be close.

Really? Considering it'll be about 3 years between RDR & GTA V, plus the fact GTA V is R*'s headliner game, if anything I'm expecting the natural environment to look even better than it did in RDR.

I agree though that it'll handle like RDR. I basically saw that whole game as R* flexing its muscle to show what it can do with nature/animals for GTA V.

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

I'm sorry but anyone who thinks that San Andreas' countryside or desert were "barren" are new to the series and/or to this site.

After Vice City, with its 1/4 of the map size beach and similar size airport, the countryside and desert were a welcome change and were used in the game. The majority of people felt this in the build to San Andreas and after.

Furthermore, the point of an area being a 'desert' is that it is very empty, in a similar vein to the countryside.

If people are just referring to detail of terrain, then fair enough, if not, then people need to get some perspective.

BTW:- Do we actually have an indication that the desert will be present? Aside from brief point in the Trailer (with the prostitutes) what other evidence do we have? Don't get me wrong, I hope it is in.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (PaddsterG2k3 @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 15:42)
I'm sorry but anyone who thinks that San Andreas' countryside or desert were "barren" are new to the series and/or to this site.

After Vice City, with its 1/4 of the map size beach and similar size airport, the countryside and desert were a welcome change and were used in the game. The majority of people felt this in the build to San Andreas and after.

Furthermore, the point of an area being a 'desert' is that it is very empty, in a similar vein to the countryside.

If people are just referring to detail of terrain, then fair enough, if not, then people need to get some perspective.

BTW:- Do we actually have an indication that the desert will be present? Aside from brief point in the Trailer (with the prostitutes) what other evidence do we have? Don't get me wrong, I hope it is in.

I think its just an assumption.

I agree with what you are saying but I think what most people want is for there to be something interesting in the desert other than beautiful landscape.

I think its only fair that if you are wondering the desert for a period of time, you will come across a few cool features or things to do.

The biggest thing to take into account is multiplayer. How can the desert be something that isnt avoided in multiplayer...

lefantome
  • lefantome

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

Some suggestions:
- plants and birds. and rocks and things,
-sand and hills and rings.
-sky, with no clouds
-hot heat and the dry ground
-flies with a buzz
-nameless horses

Allular
  • Allular

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

If there is dessert there has to be somewhere to drive too, like Las Venturas..

ThirstyHyena
  • ThirstyHyena

Homie

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (lefantome @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 18:05)
Some suggestions:
- plants and birds. and rocks and things,
-sand and hills and rings.
-sky, with no clouds
-hot heat and the dry ground
-flies with a buzz
-nameless horses

hehe icon14.gif , one of my faves from the SA soundtrack

It can be improved by putting some easter eggs in it if its a bigger desert, Area 69 also has to be brought back and hopefully they put some abandoned vechiles and random nuts walking around in it too icon14.gif

FRAIZER
  • FRAIZER

Made in the '80s

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

I think there will be something along the lines of gang hideouts like in RDR throughout Los Santos, and will probably be a 'Mad Max' type of gang there with piece of sh*t cars and motorcycles, spike bats and what not. I am sure if there is a desert, there will be desert caves and surely some kind of Osama Bin Laden type reference in there (even though it's Los Santos.)

GtaVComments
  • GtaVComments

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (CalgaryJay @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 16:04)
QUOTE (Rauland @ Monday, May 7 2012, 01:29)
I'm expecting the desert to look and play like RDR, maybe won't look as good but definitely will be close.

Really? Considering it'll be about 3 years between RDR & GTA V, plus the fact GTA V is R*'s headliner game, if anything I'm expecting the natural environment to look even better than it did in RDR.

I agree though that it'll handle like RDR. I basically saw that whole game as R* flexing its muscle to show what it can do with nature/animals for GTA V.

Yeah, but can the systems hold a better looking terrain, due to the size of the game? I expect it to match RDR in looks. Only better, if the slightly alter the graphics, but most likely they won't.

tooformay
  • tooformay

master of corny jokes

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

In the desert:

- pyramids and mummies inside
- scorpions and ants in the sand
- eagles and vultures in the cloudless sky
- sand dunes
- mirages
- the main protagonist will lose energy when walking in the desert and you have to take water from your inventory to refill your energy meter
- couple of real oases besides mirages
- long and straightforward road
- camels
- cactuses
- some random characters walking towards you and asking for water

So many opportunities! inlove.gif

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (tooformay @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 17:51)
In the desert:

- sand dunes
- mirages
- the main protagonist will lose energy when walking in the desert and you have to take water from your inventory to refill your energy meter
- camels
- cactuses

mercie_blink.gif

Pyramids and mummies?
Sand dunes?
Oases?
Camels?

Sounds more like Sahara than anything which would be in California.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (tooformay @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 19:51)
In the desert:

- sand dunes
- mirages
- camels
- cactuses

So much dissapointment when you find out LV won't be included! Oh and desert too

tooformay
  • tooformay

master of corny jokes

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (GTARandom @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 18:00)
So much dissapointment when you find out LV won't be included! Oh and desert too

Where did I talk about Las Venturas? And sorry to break your fool's paradise, but there will be desert.

GtaVComments
  • GtaVComments

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

I too can't see LV being included, but I do see there being some desert based towns etc... 0:51 of the trailer is clearly desert terrain.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:09 PM Edited by simonp92, 17 October 2012 - 06:12 PM.

QUOTE (tooformay @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 18:04)
QUOTE (GTARandom @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 18:00)

Where did I talk about Las Venturas? And sorry to break your fool's paradise, but there will be desert.

Actually we don't have any proof of this as of now.

^EDIT:Please explain how you think that it's a desert shown in the trailer around 0:55?
To me it looks likea bar, and some palm trees with a mountain the background.

boothy90
  • boothy90

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

tracks left in the sand by vehicles.

Random and changing terrain (as deserts are not static)

A clear night sky (as there is no lights in the desert)

Shanty Towns

thebestgameever
  • thebestgameever

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

I just hope the desert actually looks like a desert too.

If it looks like RDR then its very good, plus vehicles should actually be affected properly from being on sand ( iv was ok with off-road/driving on rocks so im not too worried)

An abandoned town would be awesome( with some kind of actual ghosts/scary sh*t going on, could be the base of a haloween DLC) plus the typical random bread and breakfast/ petrol station in the middle of nowhere.

HoboDealer
  • HoboDealer

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

Liquor stores! Probably been posted but who cares eh?

user posted image

I also hope there's some badass hideout lie Verdant Meadows Airstrip in San Andreas biggrin.gif

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (HoboDealer @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 21:06)

SNIP

I also hope there's some badass hideout lie Verdant Meadows Airstrip in San Andreas biggrin.gif

I don't get it. How can you see that's a desert half the pic is the liquor store, the other can't really be seen. For all we know the ground could be covered in concrete, not sand.

HoboDealer
  • HoboDealer

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (simonp92 @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 21:12)

SNIP

I don't get it. How can you see that's a desert half the pic is the liquor store, the other can't really be seen. For all we know the ground could be covered in concrete, not sand.

True there's no real way of proving it but c'mon isn't it obvious?

I'm no geologist but that mountain looks awfully desert-like and I ain't no ecologist neither but you don't get vegetation like that in Red County boy! The background looks really empty like a desert, it would take a lot of concrete to pave over all of that! Plus if you look really close there's also a dusty background just beyond the shrubbery. Would be pretty stupid if it was just a 'fake' desert in the middle of Los Santos.

GtaVComments
  • GtaVComments

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (HoboDealer @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 22:25)

SNIP

I'm no geologist but that mountain looks awfully desert-like and I ain't no ecologist neither but you don't get vegetation like that in Red County boy! The background looks really empty like a desert, it would take a lot of concrete to pave over all of that! Plus if you look really close there's also a dusty background just beyond the shrubbery. Would be pretty stupid if it was just a 'fake' desert in the middle of Los Santos.

Exactly!

I like the point about the changing terrain, but that's asking a lot isn't it?

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (CodeFail @ Tuesday, Oct 16 2012, 22:57)
QUOTE (Zee @ Tuesday, Oct 16 2012, 22:55)
QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Tuesday, Oct 16 2012, 21:11)
The desert isn't a carnival filled with a ton of fun things, it's sand and maybe a ghost town here and there. If people want such realism as IV, then they need to accept the fact that the desert in GTA SA and possibly in GTA V will be desolate with long streches of empty roads.

Oh wow. That sounds so exciting and fun. Hopefully there will be euphoria Tumbleweeds. dozingoff.gif

sounds like a waste of the map, the deserts useless.

If you aren't interested in visiting a desert in real life then don't go into it in the GTA games. But just because you don't go there doesn't mean that it doesn't exist, in real life and in some GTA games. It's not that R* are shorting you, they are giving you more than what you want, just life nature did in real life. So get over it.

Turbojohn
  • Turbojohn

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

I'd like one of them straight desert road where it was so long you could reach top speed with any vehicle.
Although I know there won't be any that long sad.gif

MontelGino
  • MontelGino

Grand Theft Auto V Is Game Of The Year

• Members

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:00 AM

Love an empty airfield and a huge desert area were you can get lost in

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (HoboDealer @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 21:25)

SNIP

I don't see it. And a dersert-like mountain? It's so damn far away it could be an ice berg for all I know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users