Quantcast

» «
Photo

How can the desert be improved from e.g GTA SA?

169 replies to this topic
stevechilds
  • stevechilds

Fashion conscience

• Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE (Euda @ Tuesday, Oct 16 2012, 20:13)
a big terrain, great heathaze-shaders and really hot weather, clear blue sky, in the evening an orange sunset etc.
Terrain should be high poly, the extreme low poly terrain in San Andreas destroys everything
you should feel very lost if youre alone in the desert without a vehicle

Imagine seeing an infernus mirage

Bertholo
  • Bertholo

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (tony-resta @ Tuesday, Oct 16 2012, 22:09)
QUOTE (Bertholo @ Tuesday, Oct 16 2012, 21:03)
Put in it something like Salerno-Reggio Calabria mate porcoddio

La Bari - Lecce è meglio tounge.gif

You're right frà, actually il deserto sulla S-RC è solo come paesaggio ma è bloccata tutto l'anno 'coddio

Andriese
  • Andriese

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (tony-resta @ Tuesday, Oct 16 2012, 20:09)
QUOTE (Bertholo @ Tuesday, Oct 16 2012, 21:03)
Put in it something like Salerno-Reggio Calabria mate porcoddio

La Bari - Lecce è meglio tounge.gif

wagliò, Andria regna biggrin.gif

Flo3005
  • Flo3005

Vice, my friend, Vice

• Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (ChillyPhilly @ Tuesday, May 8 2012, 04:58)
To help you visualise the possible style of desert we'll get in V, here are some images.

The challenge for Rockstar is not so much how to design the terrain and what's in it, but rather how to make it come alive, not just be there for the sake of it, and how it can be a part of the game rather than just a part of the map.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

That would be so awesome but I have the feeling we won't see something like that. Damn pessimism.

Andriese
  • Andriese

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

wow this would be great!!! inlove.gif but I reluctantly say that GTAV there will not be the desert

Smaaske
  • Smaaske

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (GtaVComments @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 22:49)
The Desert

Ah the desert, what a place ehh? Or perhaps not. You see, everytime I picture it, all I see is an enourmous beach i.e sand, sand and more sand. But really, what's usually in a desert. Or more importantly what will be there to make you want to go to the desert?

Maybe just some "natural interesting terrain"? Or.......
• Hideouts
• Shops
• Highways running through it
• A secret place like Area 51
• People living there etc...

Its hard to know were R* will go with this. Hopefully not just some land/map filler to take up the space. What do you think should be there to encourage you to travel to it occasionally.

(Once again, not sure if there has been a topic like this before due to the quality of the search function unfortunately, but if there has, I apologise).

Anyways.........Discuss.

Maybe the desert won't be big, the size of Bohan.

Starz
  • Starz

Niko

• Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

I would quite like to have some sort of secret easter egg location like area 51. Whatever happens I don't want it just to be blank, bandit hideouts or shops should be put in at least.

Grand_Theft_Coupe
  • Grand_Theft_Coupe

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:29 AM

I believe we might see a desert in GTAV. Judging by that scene in the trailer makes this highly likely. Apparently, we don't know what the desert may include. I think it will include sand dunes, cactus trees, dirt roads, etc. As goes for animals, I really don't know. I did read about types of animals that live in deserts like, coyotes, jack rabbits, kangaroo rats, and lizards. I also read that humans can't live in deserts because, it's not their type of habitat, let alone they can die of dehydration! Which is why it's best to come prepared.

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:51 AM

There should be a mission string of survivalists.

-Main char meets survivalist crazies in LS

-is brought out to their compound in the desert to do a few missions,smuggling/assassinations back in LS

-you then turn on the cult and fight thru the compound killing them all and keep the base as your own desert hideout

UnderWeb
  • UnderWeb

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:04 AM

One of the Leisure screenshots is from the desert.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

All the way to Venturas...

user posted image

John Footpenis
  • John Footpenis

Thug

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:11 AM

I think we'll see improvements in terms of wind effects as well. As we can see in the opening scene of the trailer, it appears sand will blow across the ground as the wind blows. I'm thinkong sand storms will also be simulated with blinding clouds of sand covering the entire desert area(s).

neo92boi
  • neo92boi

Agent is still coming to PS4....

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:14 AM

Add elemental side effects to the player ...

http://www.gtaforums...pic=510255&st=0

bowling...?
  • bowling...?

Turkey

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (Zee @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 00:51)
There should be a mission string of survivalists.

-Main char meets survivalist crazies in LS

-is brought out to their compound in the desert to do a few missions,smuggling/assassinations back in LS

-you then turn on the cult and fight thru the compound killing them all and keep the base as your own desert hideout

Sounds kind of like Bully, except with crazy survivalists.

Rockstars lucky seven
  • Rockstars lucky seven

f*ck you BigJacob. Hello ZEE

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:51 AM

rattle snakes... cobras... lizards... vulchers... no water.... big dunes.... military base.... area 51.... heat stroke... lots more just let me think XD

rampage08
  • rampage08

I do not fear, for you are with me...

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:00 AM

Flame me all you want, but IMO the desert like in NFS Hot Pursuit and The Run were great, hope the highways in the desert are like that, other than that :

- 2 Bulldozers on each side of the road and a banged-up Stallion or Sabre GT, its useful if you are lost in the desert, like what they did in Mt. chilliad ghost cars as well as an easter egg (Vanishing Point easter egg, anyone ? wink.gif ).

- John Marston's Grave, and his hat on top of the grave stone.

- Abandoned Shack.

- Area 69.

- Abandoned Airstrip.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:11 AM

The desert isn't a carnival filled with a ton of fun things, it's sand and maybe a ghost town here and there. If people want such realism as IV, then they need to accept the fact that the desert in GTA SA and possibly in GTA V will be desolate with long streches of empty roads.

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:55 AM

QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Tuesday, Oct 16 2012, 21:11)
The desert isn't a carnival filled with a ton of fun things, it's sand and maybe a ghost town here and there. If people want such realism as IV, then they need to accept the fact that the desert in GTA SA and possibly in GTA V will be desolate with long streches of empty roads.

Oh wow. That sounds so exciting and fun. Hopefully there will be euphoria Tumbleweeds. dozingoff.gif

CodeFail
  • CodeFail

Pessimist

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (Zee @ Tuesday, Oct 16 2012, 22:55)
QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Tuesday, Oct 16 2012, 21:11)

Oh wow. That sounds so exciting and fun. Hopefully there will be euphoria Tumbleweeds. dozingoff.gif

sounds like a waste of the map, the deserts useless.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:32 AM

I like the ideas for a full military base, a delorian in a cave, and an RV nod to breaking bad with yellow smoke billowing.

I really think there need to be more random events in the desert.

----Mob guys burying bodies, and if u stumble on them they will attack you

----Broken down cars

----The hills have eyes mutants

----A hiker stuck between a gorge with a boulder crushing his arm

Maybe even something along the lines of treasure hunting, having to dig in certain areas to find secret items

PutAQuarterIn
  • PutAQuarterIn

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:33 AM

I think the best vehicles will be hidden in the deserts. Rather from the military or some random rednecks shack.

uzi 9mm
  • uzi 9mm

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:35 AM

The countryside will be a lot more interesting and vibrant, much more fun and colourful than a dying wasteland like a desert. A countryside has more to offer, forest, winding hills, farms, it has better scenery, more wildlife.

A good way to get people exploring the rural land is to add hidden gems throughout the landscape. Like a side mission could be locating hidden hideouts where you have to go in guns blazing and destroy everything, this mission can be done in any time limit, you can do main missions in between. That way it won't get in the way.

Maybe since the rural land is gonna be massive, how about being able to buy land and build on it? Houses, shops, a massive race track, anything you want. Maybe even allow full property development and built your own little city.

Maybe I'm pushing it a little...

R* have the tools anyway they know what to do and what can be done, and if they say they are creating a huge countryside, you can bet they got something to put in it.

I'm sure if the game is good enough it can create a beautiful looking field with all kinds of crops growing with greenhouses and fruit and vegetable growing in neatly arranged rows, and then allow you to drive your monster truck right through the lot of it and wrecking the whole field just to get a pack of angry farmers on your back. Then you could see the amount of carnage you've cause, how deep your monster truck wheels have dug into the ground and laugh.

dimitrispgr
  • dimitrispgr

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:08 AM

Is there any desert near LA?

I dont think there will be one...

And i dont want one to be true.

Meaningless space that can be used for mountain or forest areas instead....

On the other hand where is going to be the second airport?

Dont know, cant wait to see.......

zalanith
  • zalanith

I <3 R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:56 AM

have u guys see the lastest fake gameplay - take on desert place.

probably provide a little clue , even if it is FAKE gameplay.

rampage08
  • rampage08

I do not fear, for you are with me...

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:14 AM

QUOTE (zalanith @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 06:56)

the latest ? you mean the one driving by the desert and then flying with a helicopter ? how could it provide a little clue when it's a fake gameplay ? mercie_blink.gif

zalanith
  • zalanith

I <3 R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE (rampage08 @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 07:14)
QUOTE (zalanith @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 06:56)

the latest ? you mean the one driving by the desert and then flying with a helicopter ? how could it provide a little clue when it's a fake gameplay ? :blink:

probably not the same as gta v , but it show a little clue (how will it look to drive in desert area - sandy , bumpy , less grip. what it look like around desert area - surround by ... repetitive props and worst buildings)

i really think this fake gameplay help - because it trying to imitate GRAND THEFT AUTO style . yes it is fake ! gta v probably do better

hobodealerr
  • hobodealerr

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:44 AM

I live in a town in the Mojave Desert. When people think desert, they think of emptiness. Sand, rock and mountain and five houses scattered throughout. This is more of a stereotype than anything else. We are about an hour from Los Angeles. You actually have to come through us to get to Las Vegas.

Landscape: Around here we have towns and small congested cities, rocky mountains to climb, the famous mojave river, the famous route 66 freeway, trains, shops, farms, dirt, bushes, and rocks, cactuses, flash floods, dust devils, bars, golf courses, and a country club, parks, schools, prisons, baseball/soccer/ football fields.

Wildlife: We have coyote's, bobcats ( had one attack my dogs about a month ago.) snakes (from gardener snakes to rattle snakes.), lizards, jackrabbits, pigeons, skunks, Owls, falcons, squirrels, Raccoons, mountain lions, Iguana's, roadrunners, Hummingbirds , Chuckwalla's, Desert Tortoise', Quail, Vultures, Golden Eagles, etc etc etc. There's a lot. Also, I frequently see residents riding horses on a daily basis.

Crime: Where I live, crime has become increasingly frequent since the mid 2000s. A lot of gangsters and thief's have moved here since the recession and housing bubble. What happened is, investors bought up houses and sold them for VERY cheap or rented them out. We also have a high security federal prison and a couple other low security prisons for people who commit theft, assault, or are busted for drugs. There are shootings, robberies, vehicle thefts and gang busts happening everyday now. Homeless people live out in the desert, or hide around in the ghettos. We are "protected" by the San Bernardino County sheriffs department. Just two days ago they found someone's body chopped up and burned on the side of a road, close to a high school. During the day hours, the gangsters roam the streets and shoot at people, the homeless stand at busy streets/fast food restaurants and hold signs asking for money, the illegals stand at one of our local baseball fields waiting for trucks to drive by and pick em up, and the thief's rob our banks. At night the criminals come out and burglarize folks houses, vandalize neighborhoods, steal cars and the hookers come out.

Activities: Most people where I live complain that there's nothing to do in the desert, but that's because they just want to complain. Our terrain makes it possible to dirt bike, quad ride, hike, bike, rock/mountain climb, and explore lakes and old mining caves. People camp out here too. One time, I was hiking with a buddy of mine, and on our way back we found a crevice in some rock. We went down in it, and low and behold, a bunch of hay tied together to make a bed, and a bunch of other junk. A few minutes our of there and we encountered a strange homeless man. He didn't threaten us or anything, but homeless people are naturally VERY territorial, so we were lucky. Could make for some cool GTA encounters. We also have some very long, open roads to cruise on. Could make for some fun motorcycle/car races. Believe it or not, there IS a lot of traffic on our high ways and on some of streets.

We have a lot to offer in terms of GTA gameplay and geography, but with that being said, I don't even think GTAV will have a desert, but a forest.

Hammertime12
  • Hammertime12

Let's Bounce!

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE (hobodealerr @ Tuesday, Oct 16 2012, 23:44)
I live in a town in the Mojave Desert. When people think desert, they think of emptiness. Sand, rock and mountain and five houses scattered throughout. This is more of a stereotype than anything else. We are about an hour from Los Angeles. You actually have to come through us to get to Las Vegas.

Landscape: Around here we have towns and small congested cities, rocky mountains to climb, the famous mojave river, the famous route 66 freeway, trains, shops, farms, dirt, bushes, and rocks, cactuses, flash floods, dust devils, bars, golf courses, and a country club, parks, schools, prisons, baseball/soccer/ football fields.

Wildlife: We have coyote's, bobcats ( had one attack my dogs about a month ago.) snakes (from gardener snakes to rattle snakes.), lizards, jackrabbits, pigeons, skunks, Owls, falcons, squirrels, Raccoons, mountain lions, Iguana's, roadrunners, Hummingbirds , Chuckwalla's, Desert Tortoise', Quail, Vultures, Golden Eagles, etc etc etc. There's a lot. Also, I frequently see residents riding horses on a daily basis.

Crime: Where I live, crime has become increasingly frequent since the mid 2000s. A lot of gangsters and thief's have moved here since the recession and housing bubble. What happened is, investors bought up houses and sold them for VERY cheap or rented them out. We also have a high security federal prison and a couple other low security prisons for people who commit theft, assault, or are busted for drugs. There are shootings, robberies, vehicle thefts and gang busts happening everyday now. Homeless people live out in the desert, or hide around in the ghettos. We are "protected" by the San Bernardino County sheriffs department. Just two days ago they found someone's body chopped up and burned on the side of a road, close to a high school. During the day hours, the gangsters roam the streets and shoot at people, the homeless stand at busy streets/fast food restaurants and hold signs asking for money, the illegals stand at one of our local baseball fields waiting for trucks to drive by and pick em up, and the thief's rob our banks. At night the criminals come out and burglarize folks houses, vandalize neighborhoods, steal cars and the hookers come out.

Activities: Most people where I live complain that there's nothing to do in the desert, but that's because they just want to complain. Our terrain makes it possible to dirt bike, quad ride, hike, bike, rock/mountain climb, and explore lakes and old mining caves. People camp out here too. One time, I was hiking with a buddy of mine, and on our way back we found a crevice in some rock. We went down in it, and low and behold, a bunch of hay tied together to make a bed, and a bunch of other junk. A few minutes our of there and we encountered a strange homeless man. He didn't threaten us or anything, but homeless people are naturally VERY territorial, so we were lucky. Could make for some cool GTA encounters. We also have some very long, open roads to cruise on. Could make for some fun motorcycle/car races. Believe it or not, there IS a lot of traffic on our high ways and on some of streets.

We have a lot to offer in terms of GTA gameplay and geography, but with that being said, I don't even think GTAV will have a desert, but a forest.

I agree. I live in Arizona and spend a lot of time in the desert whether I am shooting guns or hiking. I enjoy the scenery and mystery that the desert provides and it offers so much when it comes to Grand Theft Auto.

OT: They have to bring back Area 69. And I think it would be cool if there were actually UFOs. Believe it or not, I always see UFOs when I am in the desert.

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (dimitrispgr @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 08:08)
Is there any desert near LA?

I dont think there will be one...

And i dont want one to be true.

Meaningless space that can be used for mountain or forest areas instead....

On the other hand where is going to be the second airport?

Dont know, cant wait to see.......

It must have been a long time ago since you saw the trailer.. remember the scene with a muscle car and two or more hookers and the liquid-bar? In the back there is a desert. Or at least sort of a desert. With this pyramid thing on the left.

I like deserts.. but they better be not that empty. It could be like the infinite ocean though.. endless generated terrain with an endless road.

Ghost towns could be there.. or even a Fata Morgana, lol.

Slippery Gypsy
  • Slippery Gypsy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (Dylricho @ Monday, May 7 2012, 03:24)
I thought GTA V was just going to be based on Los Santos and its surrounding countryside (Red and Flint County). Or is there going to be desert now too?

speculation

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users