Quantcast

» «
Photo

How can the desert be improved from e.g GTA SA?

169 replies to this topic
GtaVComments
  • GtaVComments

MUFC Champions 2012/13!!!

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:49 PM

The Desert

Ah the desert, what a place ehh? Or perhaps not. You see, everytime I picture it, all I see is an enourmous beach i.e sand, sand and more sand. But really, what's usually in a desert. Or more importantly what will be there to make you want to go to the desert?

Maybe just some "natural interesting terrain"? Or.......
• Hideouts
• Shops
• Highways running through it
• A secret place like Area 51
• People living there etc...

Its hard to know were R* will go with this. Hopefully not just some land/map filler to take up the space. What do you think should be there to encourage you to travel to it occasionally.

(Once again, not sure if there has been a topic like this before due to the quality of the search function unfortunately, but if there has, I apologise).

Anyways.........Discuss.

TheTrikstar
  • TheTrikstar

Skank!

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:51 PM

Obviously the Graphics will make the sand and effects much more nicer, But since they're bringing animals into the game then im sure they will put a few species out there.

Toniblue
  • Toniblue

Carl "CJ" Johnson: 7-8 LIONS

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:53 PM

I'd love to have a secret hideout in the desert somewhere and mabye dune buggys but I live in Texas so I'm not exactly sure the type of desert is in California

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:53 PM

Personally I'd like to see in the Desert, the occasional towns, desolate highways the go on for miles, maybe some desert hideout safe house.

Also more about the Desolateness, I felt in SA, there where at times, far too many people driving on the backloads and highways in the desert, now I'm not saying make it so you're the only soul for miles upon miles, but make it so there's less traffic out there.

Not to mention I'd like lots and lots of off road trails and paths to play around on too.

D.Dodge
  • D.Dodge

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

Bigfoot.

And just people that are surfiving or something. People that drive through it.

skillz7855
  • skillz7855

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:09 PM Edited by skillz7855, 06 May 2012 - 11:11 PM.

Wildlife,More dirt vehicles,Caves.

CarLuver69
  • CarLuver69

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:13 PM

How about some old, abandoned factories or very small towns? What about a random shack here and there?

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:43 PM

A military base. Not a secret one ala Area 69, but just a military base. One you could sneak into, either in single player - or work together doing so in multiplayer. Naturally, there would be all sort of crazy vehicles within which could be stolen.

Los Santos Pedestrian
  • Los Santos Pedestrian

Then as it was, but again it will be

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:48 PM

The desert should be much smaller in V. Las Venturas being across the river from Red County was just geographically incorrect in so many ways.

What I think should be implemented is a desert far in one of the corners of the map, that gradually descends from grassland to sand dunes. That'll make it seem more like real life and not just a 400 sq. mile area squashed into 13 sq. miles.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:51 PM

I believe there were two occasions in the trailer that showed desert and it looked nice on both occasions.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:57 PM

I would like to see and RV in the middle of nowhere, with smoke coming out of the top. And if you try to jack it- two guys wearing protective clothing come running out and shoot you...

Breaking Bad style biggrin.gif

Kevert
  • Kevert

Ain't criminality exhilarating?

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE (Los Santos Pedestrian @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 23:48)
The desert should be much smaller in V. Las Venturas being across the river from Red County was just geographically incorrect in so many ways.

Is "geographically correct" really a massive deal. I agree with not trying to squash it but it doesn't bother me where it is located as long as it isn't completely unrealistic.

That post about Breaking Bad would make for an amazing Easter Egg!

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:25 AM

I'd love to see a rendition of Joshua Tree national park. Also a parody of the Marine Corps base in 29 Palms would be awesome.

D-man7
  • D-man7

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:58 AM

a delorean in a cave

breaking bad style mission with RV

dehydration....

maybe?

urbanfire
  • urbanfire

Ze Fire of da City

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:56 AM

@ OP

If you've played RDR, you'd know alot about what R* is potentially putting in GTA V. GTA V will play alot more like RDR than GTA IV, so its good to play the game again just to get the feel of the place and controls.

Animals and desert? I'm sure they are going to recycle alot of the stuff from RDR in this game, but to me thats a plus rather than a minus. RDR was one of the best open world games out there (if not the best), and I'm glad its going to reciprocate into GTA V.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (urbanfire @ Monday, May 7 2012, 01:56)
@ OP

If you've played RDR, you'd know alot about what R* is potentially putting in GTA V. GTA V will play alot more like RDR than GTA IV, so its good to play the game again just to get the feel of the place and controls.

Animals and desert? I'm sure they are going to recycle alot of the stuff from RDR in this game, but to me thats a plus rather than a minus. RDR was one of the best open world games out there (if not the best), and I'm glad its going to reciprocate into GTA V.

This.

Play RDR if you want a preview of what a desert environment might be like in V. I'm sure it'll be littered with wild animals and weird random encounters with desert folk

Dobleh
  • Dobleh

Operative

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:34 AM

I don't like RDR movement controls, it feels sluggish and awkward. I hope R* will fix it in GTA V. Anyway, the desert needs to be packed with a lot of random encounters and activities such as scouting on a drug deal like in No Country for Old Men movie.

Jamie Smith
  • Jamie Smith

"The King Has Risen!" - MJ

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:48 AM

- A Long Jet Black Asphalt Road Straight through the Desert.
- Race Track with [BF Injection, Bandito, Monster, Yosemite & Dune].
- Protags own Desert Airstrip like in San Andreas.
- Novelty stuff like in San Andreas like [Caravan Park, Tunnels, Pyramids, Nightclubs, Race Track + a reference of the film "Holes"].
- Long Cave Tunnel like in Fast And Furious 4.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (Dobleh @ Monday, May 7 2012, 02:34)
I don't like RDR movement controls, it feels sluggish and awkward. I hope R* will fix it in GTA V. Anyway, the desert needs to be packed with a lot of random encounters and activities such as scouting on a drug deal like in No Country for Old Men movie.

Really? I thought they were pretty good, but regardless, you can't deny they did a good job with the environment and I hope that carries on to V in regards to the desert and countryside.

Dylricho
  • Dylricho

MDE.

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:24 AM

I thought GTA V was just going to be based on Los Santos and its surrounding countryside (Red and Flint County). Or is there going to be desert now too?

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:54 AM

I would like to see sandstorms and dazed camera if there for a prolonged amount of time on foot. Wolves, random encounters, etc. Basically, copy and paste the deserts from RDR2 ^^

Banno_benny
  • Banno_benny

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:59 AM

I'm sure Rockstar will do a great job in making us want to explore everything. I just watched the trailer again, and really focused on the background of each screen... I hadn't noticed earlier, but the amount of hills/mountains you see in the background of some of the scenes is amazing, it makes this map look HUGE, whether or not we'll be able to climb them is another story.

Banno_benny
  • Banno_benny

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (DeafMetal @ Monday, May 7 2012, 03:54)
I would like to see sandstorms and dazed camera if there for a prolonged amount of time on foot. Wolves, random encounters, etc. Basically, copy and paste the deserts from RDR2 ^^

I'll be honest, as much as a LOVED Red Dead Redemption (played through it several times!) the amount of wildlife you ran into was a little unrealistic. Like up in tall trees you'd be all alone, find one bear, kill it, then suddenly you're surrounded by 5 more bears. It was hard not to find animals. I wouldn't mind it being a little more difficult to find some animals, and obviously harder to find more dangerous/rare animals like bears, as opposed to the animals like deer, where you'd see lots of them in the forest.

MechCb
  • MechCb

Get some!

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:03 AM

In San Andreas, there was a small spot NW of the military base with some pretty sweet dunes. I'd like to see them expand on that so I can go out there and see how much air I can catch..kinda like going on the beach in IV biggrin.gif

Also-Baja trucks would be pretty awesome to hide out there.

RipGore
  • RipGore

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:06 AM

Ahh! I crashed my plane in the middle of nowhere!
I want my character to become stranded in the desert and get thirsty; getting closer and closer to death.

SURVIVAL MODE : ACTIVATE

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE (Banno_benny @ Monday, May 7 2012, 04:02)
QUOTE (DeafMetal @ Monday, May 7 2012, 03:54)

I'll be honest, as much as a LOVED Red Dead Redemption (played through it several times!) the amount of wildlife you ran into was a little unrealistic. Like up in tall trees you'd be all alone, find one bear, kill it, then suddenly you're surrounded by 5 more bears. It was hard not to find animals. I wouldn't mind it being a little more difficult to find some animals, and obviously harder to find more dangerous/rare animals like bears, as opposed to the animals like deer, where you'd see lots of them in the forest.

In the early 1900s, which RDR was set, I think it would be realistic to attract that many animals with gunfire. I mean they weren't as afraid of humans as they are now and their numbers were vastly greater. It did get frustrating though being attacked by a random cougar while trying to complete a certain objective, but I found it to be realistic considering the time. For V they could vastly reduce the amount of animal interactions for a 2012 type relevancy, which means you could still run into them, but you'd have to pretty much be an obnoxious asshole like Bear Grylls to really be mauled by them

TinTinn
  • TinTinn

Эquation

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:32 AM

Caves, abandoned towns, gas stations, caves and small wooden houses... and several small airports.

Verdant
  • Verdant

Rasta Blasta!

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:42 AM Edited by GtaOutKast, 07 May 2012 - 07:10 AM.

I'd like to see more diners and more small town's in the desert. Believe me, this is going to be a huge desert.
The abandoned airport in GTA SA and The Restricted Area made the Desert look beautiful in my opinion.

Overall, I believe the desert will be a lot like Red Dead Redemption.

TinTinn
  • TinTinn

Эquation

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:49 AM

I'd like to see more diners and more small town's in the desert.

icon14.gif

CorneliusCoffin
  • CorneliusCoffin

The Cof

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:35 AM

It's a simple equasion, really, the desert needs more cows.

Because:
More cows = more cowbell.

Let's face it, GTA needs more cowbell.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users